- Around 7+ Years of Devops experiencein the IT industry having worked with a variety of platforms including SCM Continuous Integration and Continuous Development along with Build and Release Management.
- Extensive experience as a DevOps engineer.
- Skilled at Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC) and Agile Programming methodologies.
- Experienced in Perl, Python and shell scripting for automating tasks.
- Ability to accomplish all aspects of the software configuration management (SCM) process, DevOps and Build/Release management and Openstack.
- Extensive experience in Linux/Unix system Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Upgrades, Tuning, Migration, Trouble shooting on RHEL 4.x/5.x.
- Ability to manage SCM processes which include compiling, packaging, deploying and application configurations.
- Experience in working on source controller tools like GitHub (GIT),Subversion (SVN),CVS, IBM Clear case,Perforce.
- Created scripts that automate or improve the builds for all client side platforms - iOS, Androidusing Git and Jenkins,Concourse, among other tools.
- Strong experience creating ANT/ MAVEN with Puppet build script for deploymentartifacts.
- Good experience in converting build.xml into pom.xmlin order to build the applications using MAVEN.
- Extensively worked with Change tracking tools like ITSM, BMC Remedy, JIRA, HP Service Center
- Expertise in Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef, Puppet
- Worked on Puppet for the deployment of servers with custom scripts.
- Working on Docker on Linux installs as well as cloud providers. Creating Docker Image On one hand I can spawn a container and build it interactively.
- Developed and managing Single Job for iOS and Android build, deployment (hockeyapp) and email notification with download link and release notes to all register users
- Worked with multiple DevOps methodologies and tools Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery tools( Jenkins,Concourse) Infrastructure.
- Administered and Implemented CI tools Hudson and Jenkins for automated builds.
- Strong experience utilizing Build Forge and Jenkins and Concourse for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments
- Experience in AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, EBS, Cloud Watch, VPN Servers.
- Experienced installing and configuring Web Servers including IBM HTTP Server, Tomcat and Apache Web Server
- Experience in configuration of DNS, DHCP, NFS, SAMBA, SQUID, postfix, send mail, FTP, remote access, security management and Security trouble shooting skills.
- Experienced in implementing and maintaining an Apache Tomcat /MySQL/PHP, LDAP, LAMP web service environment.
- Expertise in provisioning tools such as Vagrant and integrate it with AWS, Rackspace, and Other hypervisors.
- Expertise in scripting for automation, and monitoring using Shell, PHP,Bash,Python, Ruby& Perl scriptsconfiguration management tools Chef, Puppet and Web Service like AWS
- Good understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ARP, TCP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, and TFTP)
- Experience in Installing Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
- Integrated TFS with SSRS&SSIS for Custom Reportin.
- Independent problem solving and a good team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience supporting 24x7 production computing environments. Experience providing on-call and weekend support.
Operating Systems: RHEL 3/4/5,6, Sun Solaris Release 2.10/2.9/2.8/2.7, IBM-AIX 5.X, zVM Windows + and NT, LINUX, UNIX
Web/ Application Server: Tomcat, Apache DB2, Oracle, Web logic, Web Sphere, JBoss, IIS
Containerization and Search Engine: Docker, Elastic Search, Kibana ( Visualisation), Logstash (Logs )
Continuous Integration and Configuration Tools: Puppet, Chef and Nagios, ANT, Maven, GitHub, Jenkins, Rundeck, ELK, JIRA, Bamboo
Databases: My SQL, MS Access, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, DB2
Monitoring and Testing: Nagios, Selenium IDE, BPPM(BMC), Splunk
Languages: Python, Ruby, Groovy, asp.net, PL/SQL, Java/J2EE, C#.Net, VB.Net, VB, C, C++, Java.Pl/SQL, T-SQL, LINQ
Scripting Languages: Shell scripting, Perl scripting.
Version Control Tools: CVS, SVN, Harvest, Perforce.
Networking: TCP/IP, UDP, RIP, CISCO Routers and knowledge of TCP/IP.
Confidential, Hillsboro, OR
DevOps/ Cloud Engineer
- Involved in Establishing and improving entire Build and Release Process across all Environments.
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins,Concourse, Maven in Linux environment.
- Deployed centralized logging via rsyslog and Logstash with Kibana as the web frontend.
- Responsibilities include designing and developing new back-end services, maintaining and expanding our AWS infrastructure, and providing mentorship to others on my team.
- Experience in AWS cloud environment’s and also familiar with EC2, Cloud watch and Elastic IP’s and managing security groups on AWS
- Implemented AWS solutions using E2C, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Installation and configuration of various services like DNS, DHCP, NFS, Send mail, Apache Web Server, Samba, SSH, HTTP, RPM package management and experienced in administering Active Directory and group policies.
- Working experience on Puppet in Production environment over 60 servers. Working on version control system GitHub and SVN
- Installation, configuration and administration of Apache, WebLogic, Tomcat and WebSphere.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments
- Used Jenkins, Build forge for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Deployment and implementation of Chef for infrastructure as code initiative.
- Support application projects and create new applications using python written to make, Maven and Ant build tools for application layer modules.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Documenting the process followed for restoration based up gradation of TFS server
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/CVS Repositories, views, and the access control strategies and Managed SVN repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity, and code conflict resolution.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedure.
- Maintaining and Troubleshooting of FTP Server, Samba Server of the client Managing Red Hat Cluster, HPC environment etc.
- Configured Ansible to manage AWS environments and automate the build process for core AMIs used by all application deployments including Autoscaling, and Cloudformation scripts.
- Handling the day-to-day Operations, Install software, manage file systems, monitoring performance and troubleshoot alerts.
- Building & configuring Red Hat Linux systems over the network, resolving tickets according to the priority basis.
- Worked closely with development team and SQA team for product releases.
- Resolved merging issues during rebasing and re-integrating branches by conducting meetings with Development Team Leads.
- Ensured all steps are successfully completed and document their completion times and issue.
Environment: Subversion, ANT, Maven, LINUX, XML, Weblogic, Oracle,Isilon, Perl Scripts, Shell scripts, Nexus, Red Hat Linux 5.X, HP & Dell Servers, Oracle/DB2, VMWare ESX 4.x, AWS, VMware VSphere, ESX, BMC BladeLogic, Subversion (SVN), Jenkins, TFS, HockeyApp,React js, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, CHEF, TC Server,FasLane,Tomcat, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, XML, UNIX, Windows 7, Oracle, JIRA.
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Installed Workstation, BootstrappedNodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server.
- Wrote cookbooks, recipes to manage nodes and Chef Server.
- Used knife tool to enhance the functionality and usability of the cookbooks.
- Used Chef Attributes, Chef Templates, Chef Recipes for managing the configurations across various nodes using Ruby.
- Installed and configured configuration tool such as Chef Server / workstation and nodes via CLI tools to OpenStack.
- Automated the cloud deployments using chef.
- Deployed and monitored scalable infrastructure on OpenStack using Chef.
- Used Jenkins for continuous integration for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Configured various Jenkins jobs from building jobs in Maven. The Configured jobs also had notifications enabled for success and failure of jobs, which would inform concerned people.
- Integrated the build tools with JENKINS and automate builds and deployable artifacts thus standardizing environments.
- Integrated OpenStack cloud services to other build tools and CI tools to automatically deploy, test and promote new builds.
- Using OpenStack, we could deploy only the incremental or patch versions of the application.
- We got a clear visibility regarding what is deployed, and any update has been made.
- We performed automated provisioning, updating and de-provisioning of cloud environments with OpenStack.
- We also orchestrated the complex production deployments of different applications and configuration.
- Used Sonar in a couple projects with Hudson/Jenkins, and the benefit of using it can be known when coming to 'goal setting', to increase the quality of the project sonar helps in getting the right direction.
- Implemented OpenStack using KEYSTONE, SWIFT, NOVA, NEUTRON, CINDER, GLANCE.
- We use many other services like Heat which is used for orchestration of the environment.
- Created plan and deploy Nagios monitoring server environment.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Worked with the development team to generate deployment profiles (jar, war, ear) using ANT Scripts and Jenkins.
- Implemented & maintained the Branching and Build/Release strategies utilizing Subversion (SVN).
- Used Maven as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Deployed the Java applications into Apache Tomcat Application Servers.
- Experience in writing Mavenpom.xml and Ant build.xml for build scripts.
- Build artifacts are deployed into Tomcat instances which were integrated using the Perl and Shell scripts.
Confidential, Ann Arbor, MI
DevOps/ Build and Release Engineer
- Administer and Maintain Source Code Repositories including GIT, Subversion and TFS.
- Support concurrent development process with standard Branching and Merge of application source code.
- Created and maintained several build definitions and publish profiles to handle automated builds in an Agile / SCRUM environment.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and PuppetDB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Coordinated software application and database deployments across several environments and provided feedback and training to other full-time release engineering staff for production releases during off hours.
- Redesigned and redeployed the Nagios implementation. Nodes automatically added/removed themselves via Puppet.
- Design, integration and management of Amazon Web Services cloud solutions. Provisioning of EC2 instances, built via puppet, and integrated into local area offices in 5 time zones. Amazon RDS, VPC construction, Security Group policies, IAM, Route 53, CloudFormation, S3, Glacier, OpsWorks.
- Management of build farm environment and workflow management and administration using Jenkins, GIT, Bamboo, Artifactory. Stash, Jira, Confluence, and various target build environments Android, iOS, Windows, Linux
- Operational support, evaluation, and integration and administration of monitoring and availability support services such as Panopta, Pagerduty, Zendesk, New Relic, ONMS, Logstash, Kibana, and Redis.
- SSL Security certificate management for enterprise, maintaining certificates across multiple ssl providers, and integrating certificates into products such as nginx, apache, tomcat, AWS-ELB
- Built and managed a large deployment of Ubuntu Linux instances systems with Puppet automation.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Ruby/Bashscripts, Infra build out automation on CentOS, and RHEL platforms over SoftLayer.
- Managed Puppet infrastructure through major version upgrades. Refactored Puppet code to leverage new features.
- Designed and implemented automation deployment using Urbancode and Cruise to promote major releases, monthly releases, and patches from Development -> Integration/QA -> Staging/UAT -> Production.
- Updated bugs and user stories in ALMtool to reflect deployment information when pushing / releasing code, collating them with other information into release notes.
- Work closely with Application Development, Infrastructure Engineering, QA and Project Management Teams.
Environment: Autosys, VMware VSphere, ESX, BMC BladeLogic, Subversion (SVN), Jenkins, Subversion, ANT, Maven, LINUX, XML, Weblogic, Oracle, Perl Scripts, Shell scripts, TFS, Nexus,CISF, Red Hat, NTFS, SMB, NFS, Java/J2EE, NTFS, ANT, Kubernetes, Puppet, TC Server, Tomcat, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, XML, UNIX, Windows 7, Oracle, JIRA.
DevOps/ Build and Release Engineer
- Primary duties include in the release cycle of the product, which involves environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production.
- Working with Subversion for the purpose of Software Configuration management and maintaining the versions.
- Creating Branching and Merging as per the schedule.
- Installing and configuring Jenkins, Installingplug-in, configuring security, creating a master and slaves for implementation of multiple parallelbuilds.
- Developed Bash and python Scripts for the manual deploying the code to the different environments and updating the team after the completion of the build successfully.
- Scripting tools like Perl/Shell to automate build and deployment Process.
- Installing Urban Code Deploy server, agents and doing deployments in various environments.
- Configured Continuous Integration by setting up Build and test automation Jobs in Hudson/Jenkins by pointing to Orchestration and UI layer Repositories in GitHub/Subversion.
- Worked in Managing the repository, folder and user/groupprivileges different environments.
- Managed and performed the environment related configuration changes as a part of deployment.
- Worked as a partial system administrator for Linux and Windows machines.
- Installation and configuration of Nginx as a Load Balancer.
- Created the AWSVPC network for the installed instances and configured the SecurityGroups and ElasticIP's accordingly.
- Coordinated Release effort amongst various teams (Integration, QA, Testing, and BusinessAnalysis) in geographically separated environment.
- Configured the application on AWSEC2AMI Instances and also installed the storage on S3Buckets.
- Attended the Minor/Major Event change control meetings to get necessary approvals for the deployment request.
- Coordinated with developers, BusinessAnalyst and Managers to make sure that code is deployed in the Production environment.
- Worked on Delivery Note tool administrative activities, setting up the timelines for the releases, PDN, DN, Correction, Fix and EFix Delivery Notes, analyzing the project modules and creating/publishing. conflict modules information to the projects, creating Installation Instructions during Release.
- Documented the deployment process (Migration Doc) of code to production.
- Working with JIRA tool to track all the defects and changes released to all environments.
Environment: Amazon AWS Services, RTC, GIT, CVS, Ant, Maven, Urban Code, WebSphere, Artifactory, Jenkins, Ruby Scripting, Puppet, Python Scripting, AWS, TFS, RAD, Shell, Quality Center, Nagios, UNIX, Linux, Windows, Java/J2EE.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involve environments like Development QA UAT and Production.
- Perform biweekly build cycle and testing processes on Solaris.
- Used Ant Scripts to automate the build process.
- Implemented cloud services AWS.
- Setting up Ant and Maven scripts for JAVA and J2EE Builds
- Developed UNIX and Perl Scriptsfor the purpose of manual deployment of the code to the different environments and E-mail the team when the build is completed.
- Deployed application modules to WAS based clusters via ND admin console.
- Maintained and monitored all of company\'s servers' operating system and application patch level, disk space and memory usage, user activities on day-to-day basis.
- Created deployment request tickets in Bugzilla for the deploying the code to Production.
- Attended the Minor/Major Event change control meetings to get necessary approvals for the deployment request.
- Evaluated system performance and validated NoSQL solutions.
- Used Perl/Shell to automate build and deployment Process.
- Sert up continuous integration environment for applications running on drupal framework using jenkins
- Coordinated with developers, Business Analyst and Mangers to make sure that code is deployed in the Production environment.
- Configuration and troubleshooting - LAN and TCP/IP issues
Environment: ANT, WebSphere, Perl/Shell Scripts, Oracle, UNIX, Solaris, Bugzilla, Jenkins, Maven, AWS, NoSQL.