- 7+ years of IT experience comprising of DevOps, Linux System Administration and Build Engineering & Release Management process, including end - to- end code configuration, building binaries & deployments of artifacts and entire life cycle model in Enterprise Applications.
- In-depth knowledge of DevOps management methodologies and production deployment, which include Compiling, Packaging, Deploying and Application Configurations.
- Skilled at Software Development Life Cycles and Agile Programming Methodologies.
- Experience in Jenkins/ Hudson, Apache Tomcat, Weblogic, Subversion, Git, GitHub, Maven, AWS, Rest API, Spring boot, Spring security, Spring AOP, Spring cloud config, MongoDB, docker
- Experience in scripting languages Ruby, Shell and Python.
- Experience with Mesos, Kubernetes.
- Worked on Build & Release activities for technologies like Java, & .Net.
- Experience in development and configuration experience with software provisioning tools like Chef, Puppet.
- Experience with AWS as a platform for building and deploying applications
- Experience with CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies using Jenkins.
- Good understanding of ETL, Dimensional Data Modeling, Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD) and Data Warehouse Concepts.
- Strong experience in configuring and administering of Data sources, Connection Pools, Multi-pool and JNDI in WebLogic & Tomcat. Configured JMS servers, Connector Module, Connection Factory, Stores and Distributed Destinations Queues and topics.
- Scheduled Unix scripts in Jenkins jobs to automate daily tasks like backups, monitoring the alert logs, and backup logs to send notification to emails.
- Extensive experience in WebLogic & Tomcat administration, troubleshooting and maintenance of WebLogic servers JBOSS 4.x/5.x/6.x/7, & Tomcat 6.x & 7.x.
- Experienced in build tools such as Apache Ant, Maven, Atlassian Bamboo, Cruise Control
- Expertise in application of cloud providers and Amazon AWS (Ec2, s3, VPC, SNS, AMI)
- Experienced in Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates
- Ability to work directly with all levels of Management to gather user requirements
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and managerial skills
- Experience with migration to Amazon web Services AWS from Datacenter
- Linux container orchestration with Docker, CoreOS, Kubernetes, and more
- Virtualization platform Docker and Kubernetes components and good understanding of Docker Configuration Management Tool
- Skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios, Datadog, Cloud watch and using ELK Stack Elastic Search Logstash
- Deployment to AWS with Chef, Ansible and Terraform towards AWS cloud, and using Terraform for building, updating, and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently, as well as creating custom in-house solutions with Chef or Puppet configurations.
- Improved throughput and efficiency of build system by providing EO/managers rights to trigger required build.
- Managed infrastructure resources in cloud architecture with close coordination with various functional teams.
- Experience in resolving Build failures due to infrastructure issues reduced by 95% stabilizing the build process. Setup and executed process to code review system effectively.
- Strong experience in working in Linux and Windows environments. Good presentation and technical writing skills.
- Proficient in managing the source code control of multiple development efforts using Clen ar Case, Subversion, TFS, Git and CVS version control tools.
- Extensive experience in setting up baselines, branching, merging, and automation processes using shell and Perl scripts.
- Experienced in project analysis, gathering user requirements, technical design and training customers.
- Highly organized, detailed oriented, able to plan, prioritize work and meet deadlines; work well under tight deadlines
Build Tools: Visual Studio, Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, And AnthillPro
Programming / Scripting Languages: JAVA, UNIX Shell Scripting, Perl Scripting, Python, HTML.
Server: Apache, Tomcat, MS-IIS
Release/Project Management: Microsoft Release management Server
Issue Tracking/Monitoring: Bugzilla, JIRA, Service Now, HPSM, Cloud Watch and Nagios
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Docker, Openstack
Database: My SQL
Version Control System: Subversion (SVN), GIT, GITHUB, BITBUCKET, CVS, SVN, Mercurial, RTC
Netflix OSS: Eureka, Ribbon, Hystrix, Turbine, Spring cloud configuration server
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Maven, Ant
Operating System: Windows Variants, Linux, UNIX.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
DevOps/ AWS ENGINEER
- Cloud Architecture team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Implementing a Continuous Integration framework using Jenkins, and Maven in Linux environment.
- Build Automation and Build Pipe Development using Jenkins and Maven.
- Developed pipelines using Groovy Script
- Creating Cloud formation templates using Yaml and Json
- Performance testing Manually using Jmeter.
- Worked with Kubernetes and Docker on multiple cloud providers, from helping developers build and containerize their application (CI/CD) to deploying either on public or private cloud.
- Development of automation of Kubernetes clusters with Ansible, writing playbooks.
- Using Docker, Jenkins, VMWare, RHEL, Artifactory, kubernetes, Ansible & GitLab
- Performance testing, Automation using scripts and running Jmeter on remote server
- Onboard numerous applications into SonarQube and help maintain SonarQube installation and8 Elastic search for backend search for UI.
- Installed SonarQube as a Docker container on AWS EC2 and Integrated it with Jenkins.
- Analysing in working with ANSIBLE, wrote many playbooks to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Created Automation infrastructure for kafka clusters different instances as per components in cluster using Terraform for creating multiple EC2 instances & attaching ephemeral or EBS volumes as per instance type in different availability zones & multiple regions in AWS.
- Updating kernel & security patches in Amazon linux environment, handling out of memory issues in Linux kernels during rebalance in kafka cluster.
- Worked on messaging system Kafka, message brokers are used for decouple processing from data producers, to buffer unprocessed messages.
- Automation of daily tasks using Shell scripts
- Worked on Mesos, Marathon to deploy the microservices and Rest APIs, multiple containers on the same platform
- Installed and configured WebLogic Application server 11x/12c using graphic and silent mode and configured WebLogic domain
- Used SVN for branching, tagging, and merging
- Configuring the Docker containers along with creating docker files for deployments
- Wrote Build scripts using MAVEN and executed them using the maven plugin in Jenkins and pushed artifacts to nexus
- Installed and configured plug-ins for Apache HTTP server and Sun One Web server to proxy the request for WebLogic server
- Troubleshooting issues on AWS environments
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Build and configure a virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto Scaling Groups
Environment: Micro Services, Kanban Story board, Kafka, AWS, SonarQube, REST API, Linux, Maven, Nexus, Ansible, Splunk, Windows, Jenkins, GIT, Jenkins, AWS EC-2, Route 53, S3, VPC,WebLogic, Auto scaling, Bash Scripts, Unix/ Linux.
Confidential, Rosemont, ILLINOIS
DevOps ENGINEER/ AWS Engineer
- Release Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Wrote Build scripts using MAVEN and executed them using the maven plugin in Jenkins and pushed artifacts to nexus.
- Setup and maintenance of automated environment using Chef Recipes & Cookbooks within AWS environment
- Very good understanding of Microsoft AZURE cloud platform. Experience managing cloud delivery platforms, AWS
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates
- Build and configure a virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto Scaling Groups.
- Continuously managed and improved the build infrastructure for global software development engineering teams including implementation of build scripts, continuous integration infrastructure and deployment tools.
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Developed and maintained the continuous integration and deployment systems using Github, Jenkins, Maven, and Ansible.
- Coordinating with different Project teams on build & release planning
- Responsible for nightly and weekly builds for different modules
- Responsible for changes for release and environment configuration
- Developed shell scripts for automation of the build and release process, developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage
- Automated AWS (VPC, EC2, IAM) deployments and infrastructure creation using Ansible
- Installed and configured Jenkins for automating deployments and providing an automation solution.
- Integrated Subversion into Jenkins to automate the code checkout process
- Used various plug-ins to extend the base functionality of Jenkins to deploy, integrate tests and display reports
- Managed the Maven Repository using Nexus tool and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects
- Automation of daily tasks using Shell and Perl scripts
- Deployed the static content to apache web servers and applications to Tomcat Application server
Environment: Web Services, Hystrix Dashboard, Spring Kafka, AWS, Hibernate 4.3, REST 220.127.116.11, RESTful, Windows SFTP/SCP client (Winscp382), EclipseJava, SonarQube, Linux, Maven, Nexus, Ansible, Splunk, Jenkins, GIT, Jenkins, Eureka, Ribbon, Hystric, AWS EC-2, Route 53, S3, VPC, Auto scaling, Bash Scripts, Unix/ Linux.
DevOps Engineer/ Build Engineer
- Responsible for defining branching & merging strategy, checkin policies, improving code quality, automated Gated Checkins, defining backup and archival plans.
- Implemented Service Registry using Eureka, Routing using Zuul, Circuit Breaker
- Using Hystric actively involved in architecture of DevOps platform and cloud solutions.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Ant and Maven in Linux environment.
- Migrating the application from WebLogic to JBoss
- Configured connection pools, JMS Queues and converted data sources from WebLogic to Jboss
- Upgraded the full web and application hosting platform for JBoss and Apache
- Installed, configured, integrated, tuned and administered WebLogic 10.x/11g/12c and related components
- Build Automation and Build Pipe Development using Jenkins and Maven
- Analyzed the ANT build projects for conversion and converting to Maven build projects
- Working for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation
- Developing pom.xml files for Maven build scripts.
- Worked in migrating code from SVN to Git repo (stash/bitbucket), clean the git repo (purging files)
- Performed all necessary day-to-day CVS/Subversion support for different projects
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the CVS/Subversion repositories and the access control strategies
- Creation of branches in CVS and Subversion for parallel development process
- Used Jenkins to automate most of the build related tasks.
- Worked with Bamboo Continuous Integration tool and resolve compilation and deployment errors.
- Set up CI (Continuous Integration) for major releases in Jenkins and TeamCity.
- Involved in managing other version control tools like GIT.
- Configure and deploy AWS Lambda service to run codes in response to events and automatically manage resources.
- Written cookbooks for various packages and installed them on VMs to perform QA testing.
- Application of AWS solutions especially EC2, S3, RDS, EBS Elastic Load Balancer and ELK search.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Created puppet manifests and modules to automate system operations. Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch
- Responsible for large-scale Puppet implementation and maintenance. Puppet manifests creation, testing and implementation.
- Merging release branches back to trunk after the production release and resolving of conflicts during merging in both CVS and Subversion
- Used SVN for branching, tagging, and merging
- Configuring the Docker containers and creating docker files for different environments.
- Applied knowledge of DNS, DHCP and IP Addressing. Installation and configuration of various services like DNS, DHCP, NFS,Send mail, Apache Web Server, Samba, SSL, SSH, HTTP, RPM package management and experienced in administering Active Directory and group policies
Environment: SVN, CVS, Maven, Docker, Chef, Git, Bitbucket, WebLogic Server 9.2, 10.3.3, CVS, Ant, Jenkins, Netflix Zuul, Netflix Hystric, Puppet, Tomcat, Shell, Perl, Nexus, AWS and JIRA, Ansible, JIRA, AWS EC-2, Route 53, S3, VPC, Auto scaling, Bash Scripts, Unix/ Linux.
- Involved in designing and implementing CI (Continuous Integration) system: configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes, creating required scripts (Perl & Python), and creating/configuring VMs (Windows/Linux).
- Was responsible for migrating and maintaining build and test environments into the Cloud Infrastructure
- Provided CM and Build support for different applications built and deployed to lower and higher environments. Defined and Implemented CM and Release Management Processes, Policies and Procedure
- Performed HDFS cluster support and maintenance tasks like adding and removing nodes without any effect to running nodes and data
- Automated the release pipeline to achieve zero touch deployments using Jenkins, SVN, Nexus
- Assisted developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching and naming conventions using Subversion (SVN) and Git source control
- Analyzed and resolved conflicts related to merging of source code for SVN and Git
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml
- Primarily used Ruby to write GIT applications and chef Recipes
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects and environments
- Configured and maintained Jenkins/Hudson to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds. Took the sole responsibility to maintain the CI Hudson server
- Worked with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems
- Managed Git repository, code merging, and production deployments
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balance and AMIs
- Utilized EBS to store persistent data and mitigate failure by using snapshots
- Designed AWS CloudFormation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates
- Designed roles and groups for users and resources using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM) and also managed network security using Security Groups, and IAM
- Provided highly durable and available data by using S3 data store, versioning, lifecycle policies, and create AMIs for mission critical production servers for backup
- Utilized CloudWatch to monitor resources such as EC2, CPU memory, Amazon RDS DB services, DynamoDB tables, EBS volumes; to set alarms for notification or automated actions; and to monitor logs for a better understanding and operation of the system
- Documented system configurations, Instance, OS, and AMI build practices, backed procedures, troubleshooting guides, and kept infrastructure and architecture drawings current with changes
- Utilized Amazon Glacier for archiving data
- Used Chef to configure and manage infrastructure. Written cookbooks to automate the configuration setups
- Worked on User administration setup, maintaining account, Monitor system performance using Nagios and Tivoli
- Involved in installing Puppet client on Red hat & Solaris servers for Automation purpose
- Monitoring day-to-day administration and maintenance operations of the company network and systems working on Linux and Solaris Systems
- Involved in developing custom scripts using Python, Perl & Shell (bash, ksh) to automate jobs
- Merged the generated reports as per request. Formatted data into required format using UNIX Shell Scripts, SED.
- Defined and Developed plan for Problem & Incident management Process based on ITIL
- Used Python programming in Linux platform to design the front-end portion of the plug-in.
Environment: Jenkins, Perl scripting, SVN and Git, AWS Cloud (EC2, S3, CI/CD, Amazon RDS DB, AMI), Apache Tomcat, Ruby and bash, UNIX Shell Scripts, Puppet, Redhat Linux 6 (RHEL) 6.4
Jr. DevOps Engineer
- Working for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation.
- Application of automations tools like chef, puppet, DevOps based on the requirements.
- Deployment and implementation of Chef for infrastructure as code initiative.
- Performed the automation using Chef Configuration management.
- Involved in chef-infra maintenance including backup/monitoring/security fix and on Chef Server backups.
- Worked with Knife command-line tool and creating Cookbook.
- Developed installer scripts using Ant, Python and UNIX for various products to be hosted on Application Servers.
- Troubleshoot Build and Deploy Issues, with little downtime.
- Organized and Coordinated Product Releases, work closely with product development, QA, Support across global locations to ensure successful releases
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Ruby/Bash scripts
- Worked on Managing the Private Cloud Environment using Chef.
- Implemented Chef Cookbooks for OS component configuration to keep AWS server’s template minimal.
- Developed automation framework for Application Deployments to the cloud environments.
- Managed and optimize the Continuous Delivery tools like Jenkins.
- Installed, Configured, Administer Hudson/Jenkins Continuous Integration Tool.
- Automated Continuous Build and Deploy Scripts for Hudson/Jenkins Continuous Integration tool.
- Wrote ANT and MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process.
- Provided ANT build script for building and deploying the application.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Provided stable build environments for product development.
- Worked on NoSQL database Cassandra.
- Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT.
- Virtualized the servers using the docker for the test environments and dev-environment needs.
- Developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Member of the Technical Design team, Build and Release Module for Development of new products.
- Automated the local dev. environment using Vagrant/chef-solo.
- Automated the cloud deployments using chef, Python (boto & fabric) and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Provided UNIX scripts for deploying and building the system.
- Administration and Support of UNIX Servers including SUSE, Solaris, HP-UX & Red Hat Linux and CentOS.
- Document release metrics, software configuration process.
Environment: Java, Eclipse, Toad, Git, Docker, Tomcat, Apache, Oracle 12c, Jenkins, Python, Ruby Chef, JIRA, Maven, Art factory, Ubuntu, CentOS, Linux, AWS, AWS Cloud Formation Templates, Cassandra, AWS RDS, AWS Cloud Watch, Ruby, Chef-solo/server