- Having 7 years of experience in IT industry with major focus on Cloud, DevOps, Software Configuration and Build/Release Management.
- Extensive Experience with AWS (Storage, Application Services, Deployment and Management) and managed servers on AWS platform instances using Puppet, chef configuration management.
- Experience in CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies using Jenkins.
- Experience in creating, debugging, diagnosing and troubleshooting, build scripts written in ANT, Maven on Linux platform.
- Extensive experience in scripting languages including Shell Scripting and Ruby Scripting.
- Experienced working with a configuration management tools like Git, CVS, Tortoise SVN.
- Hands on experience in configuring and maintaining webservers like Apache Tomcat, and Application servers like WebLogic, WebSphere and JBoss.
- Experience in implementing merging strategies, Tagging and delivering using Git as source control.
- Created the naming strategy for branches and labels and implemented continuous integration system with Git version control repository.
- Experience in setting up Puppet master, Puppet agents for managing enterprise policies, configurations.
- Experience in Configuring and Integrating the Servers with different environments to automatically provisioning and creating new machines using Configuration management/provisioning tools like Ansible.
- Experience in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin and managing artifacts in Sonatype NEXUS repository.
- Experience in working with Selenium IDE and Selenium Web Driver using TestNG.
- Experience in working with the developers to configure plugins through Eclipse to develop the code.
- Experience in working with Technical Architects, Senior Developers, Testers, Senior Management and IT Team.
- Created Development Environments in Amazon Web Services using services like VPC, ELB, EC2 and RDS instances.
- Worked on setting up the life cycle policies to back the data from AWS S3 to AWS Glacier, Worked with various AWS, EC2 and S3 CLI tools.
- Managed environments DEV, SIT, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Hands on experience with build tools like Jenkins, TeamCity, Sonar, Maven, ANT.
- Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Remedy and Bugzilla.
- Experience in software methodologies like Waterfall model, Agile Methodology and Scrum.
- Proficient in defining, communicating and fulfilling the project’s goal and breaking complex issues into manageable parts.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks and work efficiently both in a group and as an individual to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in multiple databases like MongoDB, MySQL, ORACLE, DynamoDb&MS SQL Server.
- Participated in all stages of Software Development Life - Cycle including architecture, design, implementation, and unit testing.
- Worked on Agile Scrum Team and attended daily scrum meetings.
Programming Languages: Python, Perl, Ruby and Shell Scripting
Cloud services: AWS, Open stack
Build Tools: Maven, Ant, Gradle
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Puppet, Chef, Ansible
Virtualization Tools: VMware vSphere, Oracle Virtual box, VMware Workstation, Docker
Web Application Servers: WebLogic, Websphere, Apache Tomcat, JBoss
Data Bases: Oracle, SQL, MySQL, Cassandra, MongoDB
Testing Tools: JUnit 3.8/4.0, Selenium (RC)
Operating Systems: UNIX, Sun Solaris, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Windows
Confidential, Fort Worth, TX
- Work on building and deploying Java code through Jenkins.
- Work closely with development team and SQA team for product releases.
- Create and maintain continuous build and continuous integration environments in Scrum and Agile projects.
- Installation, set-up, and management of build servers and management using Jenkins as Continuous Integration tool.
- Implemented Jenkins as Continuous Integration Server for Installation, Configuration, Design and Administration, and integrating tools with other systems
- Work on integrating GIT into the continuous Integration (CI) environment along with Anthill-Pro,
- Developed scripts for build, deployment, maintenance and related tasks using Jenkins, Docker, Python and Bash
- Managed different infrastructure resources, like physical machines, VMs and Docker containers using Terraform
- Develop a continuous deployment pipeline using Jenkins, Ruby/shell scripts.
- Setting up subversion repositories, track instances and configuring Jenkins .
- Create various Maven scripts to create multiple deployment profiles and deploy the applications to Apache Tomcat.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications in GIT.
- Managing DATA Center Inbound and outbound services. Working on Ansible automation tool.
- In-depth knowledge of AWS automation services - Cloud Formation templates, Terraform
- Good knowledge in customizing and compiling the Linux kernel according to the requirements also good in networking concepts and various communication protocols.
- Experience in leading the efforts of Deployment and Build Engineers for Linux Environment.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Ruby /Bash scripts
- Developed and maintained the continuous integration and deployment systems using Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Nexus, Ansible and Ruby
- Worked on build tasks using Maven, Ant, Gradle and GNU Make files and worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven.
- Automated configuration management and deployments using Ansible playbooks and Yaml for resource declaration. And creating roles and updating Playbooks to provision servers by using Ansible.
- Installing, Configured and management in Ansible Centralized Server and creating the playbooks to support various middleware application servers, and involved in configuring the Ansible tower as a configuration management tool to automate repetitive tasks
- Developed and supported the RHEL based infrastructure in the cloud environment.
- Monitoring Jenkins jobs and contact team if progress is not evident on fixing stability issues.
- Supporting Local System Administrators to troubleshoot Configuration Management and Network issues.
- Automating the Build Infrastructure for deploying services in dockerized environment using Jenkins, Sonarqube, Gradle, Groovy, Job DSL, Docker and Splunk.
- Written the Ansible YAML scripts to configure the remote servers.
- Integrated Jenkins, Rundeck and Ansible. Designed and developed Jenkins Build deployments
- Document project's software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Proposed branching strategy suitable for current application in GIT.
- Worked on Apache and Firewalls in both development and production.
- Worked on installation of Docker using Docker toolbox.
- Worked on creating the Docker containers, Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Deploy Docker Engines in Virtualized Platforms for containerization of multiple applications.
- Configure Docker container for automated testing purposes.
- Pipeline by implementing Docker containerization with multiple namespace.
- Work with AWS Cloud management and Ansible Automation.
- Migrated the current Linux environment to AWS/RHEL Linux environment and used auto scaling feature and Involved in Remediation and patching of Unix/Linux Servers
- Implement AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, Elastic Load Balancer and Auto scaling groups.
- Design AWS CloudFormation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Design, investigation and implementation of public facing websites on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Using Jenkins Amazon Web Services (AWS) Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Developed an internal Docker environment for test projects as well as projects with limited lifespan
- Creating cloudformation scripts for hosting software on AWS cloud.
- Used Ansible Tower, which provides an easy-to-use dashboard and role based access control, so that it's easier to allow individual teams access to use Ansible for their deployments.
- Used sub modules in GIT and trained the new users on working with sub modules in GIT.
- Developed Docker based elastic search environment
- Design highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balance and AMIs.
- Installed and Configured the Apache, Nginx, Tomcat web, application servers for Dev and Integration Test Environments.
- Installing Ansible Tower and using it to manage systems
- Maintained source code repository in GIT and handled branching, tagging & merging process.
- Use Amazon RDS to manage, create snapshots, and automate backup of database.
- Experience in creating, maintaining and modifying Maven build script and shell scripts. Worked on continuous integration based on Maven with Jenkins.
- Automated Scripts in ANT and MAVEN for building of Java projects.
- Viewing the selected issues of web interface using Sonarqube. Responsible for upgradation of Sonarqube using upgrade center.
- Use AWS CLI tools, EC2 and Cloudformation to setup a DEV and Testing Environment in Amazon Cloud.
- Strengthening security by implementing and maintaining Network Address Translation in company’s network. Supported small to medium sized projects using GIT.
- Involve in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Experience in supporting large scale Splunk deployments. Maintenance of Splunk Environment with multiple Indexers.
- Installed and managed Artifactory for universal repository management.
- Experience in writing the scripts in Perl and Shell Scripts for managing various enterprise applications.
- Educated Development teams on Jenkins, GIT, Chef, AWS and whole CICD Pipeline process.
- Automation of daily tasks using Shell and Perl scripts.
- Use these scripts to replicate production build environments on a local dev boxes using Vagrant and Virtual box.
Environment: GIT, Maven, Amazon Web Services, Elastic Search, Gradle, Jenkins, SonarQube, Ansible, Jira, Splunk, Websphere, Maven, ANT, Nexus, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Shell, Perl, Ruby, Linux.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Create the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Manage Code Repository by, maintaining code repository in GIT; and improved practices of branching and code merging to custom needs of development team.
- Implement Jenkins as Continuous Integration Server for Installation, Configuration, Design and Administration, and integrating tools with other systems.
- Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Install and administer Git, Jenkins and Artifactory.
- Built Continuous Integration Environment (Jenkins, Sonar, and Nexus) and Continuous Delivery Environment (Puppet, Yum, rsync).
- Defined site-specific and global variables using Puppet hiera (YAML and JSON) for creating re-usable modules.
- Setup and Configured BitBucket server.
- Design and implement fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment solutions spanning multiple platforms, tools and technologies including Jenkins Nodes/Agents, SSH, deployment and testing.
- Worked on Tomcat Web server for hosting web apps.
- To achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx.
- Implement rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Red Hat Linux using Kickstart.
- Deploy the generated build to WEB and App server using the continuous integration process to all Environments.
- Deployed the applications to Tomcat Application Server and static content to apache web servers.
- Worked on management and configuration of day-to-day task in RHEL including RPM, Kernel, and HBA driver upgrade.
- Work on creation of Puppet manifest files to install tomcat instances and to manage configuration files for multiple applications.
- Perform the automation using Puppet Configuration management. Automation of applications end to end through puppet.
- Experience administrating/facilitating Continuous Integration (CI) tools, including Jenkins and BitBucket Pipelines.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT.
- Familiar with Nginx configuration as per reverse proxy
- Configured the IT infrastructure as code writing manifests, classes, and modules in Puppet.
- Develop the scripts to push patches, files and maintain configuration drift through the Puppet tool.
- Automated system configuration using Puppet manifests and modules.
- Scripting & automating tasks using Python for backup, monitoring and file processing.
- Automation of systems administration functions via Python, Shell.
- Migrate the VMware Virtual machines in to Openstack cloud environment and Design, Install, configure and test Openstack environment (Nova, Swift, Cinder, Neutron, Horizon, Keystone & Glance).
- Designed and implemented Subversion and GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Implemented SonarQube for code quality checking
- Implemented automated local user provisioning in instances created in Openstack cloud.
- Implement Software-Defined-Storage by integrating Ceph and Gluster to OpenStack cloud.
- Extensive expertise in different types of Performance Testing - Benchmark, Load, Stress and Endurance Tests.
- Developed strategy to migrate Dev/Test/Production from an enterprise VMware infrastructure to the IaaS Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud environment including run book processes and procedures.
- Monitoring running stacks including events & resources on OpenStack Cloud.
- Created PowerShell script for customer account monitoring to decrease application latency and improve application performance.
- Monitor software, hardware, and/or middleware updates and utilizing technologies like Jenkins, Maven, Git.
- Use JUnit based test cases to do the unit testing of the applications developed and deployed.
- Manage daily builds and releases to QA. Debugged build failures and worked with developers and QA personnel to resolve related issues.
- Heavily involved in implementing Technologies from Red Hat like Openshift & Open stack cloud base - IaaS & PaaS.
- Implemented Continuous Integration Environment (Jenkins, Sonar, and artifactory) and Continuous Delivery Environment
- Use the JIRA for bug tracking, creating the dashboard for issues.
Environment: GIT, Jenkins, Artifactory, OpenStack, Red Hat, Puppet, Iaas, bitbucket, Weblogic, PowerShell, Cloud, JIRA, Ant, JUnit, Python, Maven, Ruby, Shell Scripts.
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
Build and Release Engineer
- Create plans and ensured Release management deliverables are met on time, risks are appropriately mitigated and code implementation status is communicated regularly to Application Manager.
- Configure and setup activities of both environmental and functional.
- Understand business process, requirements and ensure quality of the software code being implemented complies with organizational policies and standards.
- Analyze and design process of release flow for various applications with maximum utilization of the tools Maven and Jenkins.
- Involved in Setting up Continuous Integration Environment using Jenkins and responsible for installation, integration and maintenance of the TFS and GIT Source Control Management System.
- Conducting meetings with the teams for the Provisioning of IAAS VMs
- Consumed Restful web services using spring to get data from external systems and configured log4j for logging purposes.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to Tomcat Application servers in an agile continuous integration process and automated the whole process.
- Design and Configure release process through Jenkins, JIRA.
- Monitor Jenkins jobs and contact team if progress is not evident on fixing stability issues
- Responsible for support maintenance of home grown release tool in production and test servers.
- Design the environment with options of automations to build to reduce the risk of manual error and time consumption during release.
- Building & Deploying Restful Web Services in Cloud Platform Pivotal.
- Develop build scripts using Jenkins as the build tool for creating Artifacts
- Experience in trouble shooting and automated deployment in house device panel.
- Actively participate in production support to fix bugs in products environment.
- Perform manual builds to troubleshoot issues occurring from inconsistent codes on the different environments and email the team when the build and deployment is completed.
- Involve in release planning and executed the release build request from the project team through JIRA Ticket.
- Completing software builds and elevations, creating directories and security groups, and recreating prior versions. Monitored software, hardware, and/or middleware updates and utilizing technologies like Jenkins/Hudson, MS Build, TFS Team Explorer, and SVN.
- Used JIRA as ticket tracking and work flow tool. Created JIRA Support Project/Agile board to track support issues.
- Deployed the applications to Tomcat Application Server and static content to apache web servers.
- Created JIRA Work flows for multiple projects as per business needs.
- Work with Project teams to create the documentation and training videos for testing team and support team on the application.
- Document all post-deployment issues in a log and assist in resolving these issues where applicable, maintaining timely updates within the log. Manual and Automation process of creating branches tags and code merging.
- Configurations, setup and building of interfaces and modifying the flow to give the opportunity for reusability, scalability and functionality.
- Work closely with development teams and architects to debug software and system problems and resolve the issues.
Environment: Ant, Subversion, GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, JIRA, UNIX, Perl, Shell, Jenkins, Python.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Build and Release Engineer
- Define and Implement CM and Release Management Processes, Policies and Procedure.
- Coordinate with developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, merging, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Build, manage and continuously improve the build infrastructure for global software development teams including implementation of build scripts, continuous integration infrastructure and deployment tools.
- Maintain build related scripts developed in ANT, Maven, Shell and Python. Created and modified build configuration files including Ant’s build.xml.
- Configuring Hudson for developers to bounce the application container, to get the application, container, and access logs by using ANT scripts.
- Managed builds and made necessary changes to Ant build scripts for Java/ Websphere based applications.
- Reporting to a VP of Engineering of this Identity Security company, creating DevOps solutions for IaaS and CD to Dev, SQA, UAT and Production environments
- Worked on Patch management using native commands on Solaris and Linux and following the chance control procedures.
- Solid foundation on OpenStack Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and cloud computing concepts.
- Management of Linux user accounts, groups, directories and file permissions.
- Developed administrative tools using Shell scripting.
- Developed Shell/Perl Scripts for automation purpose.
- Configure and maintain Hudson to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Work with the developers to configure plugins trough Eclipse to develop the code.
- Coordinate with Development teams and Release Management regarding appropriate system releases among other development platforms.
Environment: GIT, Hudson, Subversion, Ant, Maven, Java, Linux, IAAS, Oracle, Shell Scripting, Python.
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
- Integrate Spring DAO with Hibernate for data handling and database interactions.
- Develop REST Services using JAX-RS to consume content from the Pitney Bowes System.
- Work on Spring RESTful API to exchange XML and JSON data between enterprise applications.
- Use various Java and J2EE APIs including JDBC, XML, VXML, Servlets, JSP and JavaBeans. Worked on enhancement of the GUI using Extjs.
- Build mobile applications UI layout using Apache Cordova.
- Implement Session Facade, DAO, Singleton, Factory patterns to reduce dependencies between Layers.
- Implement front end interface to manually trigger alerts using HTML, CSS, Java Script.
- Develop code using Test Driven Design methodology.
- Prepared UNIX scripts to schedule jobs and perform data loading for Print Composition services.
- Develop Spring AOP logging aspects for the application, which is used across modules.
- Prepare SQL scripts to alert configuration data as per business requirements.
- Use Node JS maintain a persistent connection from the browser back to the server via long polling.