- 7+yearsofexperien ceinau t omating,config uring and deploying in stances in the areas of Da ta CenterOperations,SystemsAdministration,Cloudc omputing,SoftwareConfig uration Manag e ment (SCM).
- ExpertiseinAmazonAWSCloudAdministrationwhichincludesserviceslike:EC2,S3,EBS,VPC,EL B, AMI, SNS,RDS,IAM,Route53,Autoscaling,CloudFront,CloudWatch,CloudTr ail,CloudFormatio n, OPS Work, Secu rity Group s.
- Administration various environments in software d evelopment life cycle (SDLC) Wi ndows, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux and Cent OS. Experience sup porting Chef Environment with multi servers and involved in developing manifests.
- Devops experience with Ansible, Chef, Terra form, AWS (OPS Work).
- Configuredandmonitoreddistributedandmulti - platformserversusingchef.DefinedChefServer and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Developed Chef Cook boo k sand Recipes to manage stems configuration.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the enviro nments wo rking on Software Configuration Management (SCM) tools like Subve rsion (SVN) and GIT.
- Experienced in cloud stack s uch as AWS (Cloud formation) and VMWARE stack.
- Created Linux Virtual Mac hines using VMware Virtual Center (ES XI), hypervisor -v, PHP Virtual Box.
- Designed high availability (HA) applicationsonAWSacrossAvailabilityZonesandAvailabilityRegions.
- Good exposure on Virtualization and Containers (Dockers) and Hype r viso rs ES XI, ESX.
- Configured Bamboo - Artifactory plugins to upload the artifacts on to Artifactory after the build is success.
- Ability to build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions using scripting languages such as Shell scripting (kasha, Bash), Python, Ruby, PHPPERL.
- Worked on web servers like Apache and application servers like Web lo gic, To mcat, Web sphere, JBOSS to deploy code.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins and Hudson by installi ng, configuring and maintaining for the purpo se of continuous integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and de ployments.
- ExtensiveexperiencewithsoftwareBuildau t omationandstandardizationtoolslikeANT, Maven, and Gradle.
- Good knowledge in CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Con tinuous Deployment) methodologies.
- InstalledandmanagedJe nkinsandNexusforCIandS haringArtifactsrespectivelywithinthec ompany.
- Experienced in using Nexus Repository Managers for Maven build s.
- High exposure to REMEDY, BUGZILLA and JIRA defect tracking too ls for tracking defects and changes for Change manag e ment.
- Experienced in installing firmware u pgrades, kernel patches, systems config uration, and performance tuning on Uni x/Linux systems.
- Configured netw ork services such as DNS, NFS, SMTP, NTP, DH CP, LDAP, SAMBA, SQUID, postfix, send mail, ftp, re mote access, security manag ement and Security trouble shooting skills.
- Experience with MongoDB, MSSQL, MySQL and Server DB Tasks.
- Strong ability to trouble shoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production sup port.
Cloud Plat form: A W S, Microso ft Azure, and Open stack.
Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, Vagrant, Mav en, Ansible, DockersGradle, Splunk, OPS Work.
Database: Oracle,DB2,MySQL,Mong oDB7SQLServ er,MSSql.
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Make file, Hudson, Jenkins, BAMBOO, Code Deploy.
Version Co n trol T ools: Sub version (SVN), Clear case, GIT, GIT Hub, Perforce, and Code Commit.
Web Servers: Apache, Tomcat, Web Sphere, Nix, JBOSSWebSp here.
Lang uages/Scripts: C, HT ML, Shell, Bash, PHP, Python, PHP, Ruby and
Agile, Scrum. Web Technologies.: HTML, CSS, Java Script, J Query, Bootstrap, XML, JSON, XSD, XSL,XPATH.
Operati ng S ystems: Red hat, Ubuntu, Linux and W INDO W S, Cent OS, SUSE.
Confidential, Timonium, MD
Devops / AWS Engineer Certified
- Key Achieve ments:
- LaunchedAmazonEC2Cl oudInstancesusingAmazonWeb Services (Linux/Ubuntu/RHEL) and configured launched distan ces with respect to specific applications.
- Installed applicationsonAWSEC2instancesandalsoconfigured thestorageonS3buckets.
- PerformedS3 buckets creation, policies and al soon the IAM role based polices a nd customized the JSON template.
- Implemented and maintai ned the monitoring and alerting of production and cor porate servers/storage using AWS Cloud watch.
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform instances u sing Puppet, Chef Configura tion management.
- Installed Workstation, Boo tstrapped Nod es, wrote Re cipes and Cookbooks and u ploaded them to Chef-server, managed On-site OS/Application s/Ser vices/Packages using Chef as well as AWS forEC2/S 3&ELBwithChefCookbooks.
- Created Chef Au tomation tools and builds, and did an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Wrote Chef Cook books for various DB configurations to modularized and optimized end product configuration. Converted production sup port scripts to chef recipe s and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipe s.
- Involved in the installa tion and configuration of Nix as a web server.
- Experience with Build Management tools, Ant and Maven, for writing build. Xml s and Pomp. Xml s.
- Experienced in build and deployment of Java applications on to different environments such as QA, UAT and Production.
- Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Con trol T ools: S VN, Git Hub.
- Extensive usage of Tortoise SVN in windows environment for version control activities.
- Implemented Continuous I ntegration using Jenkins and Hudson.
- Application deployments &environment configuration using Chef, Puppet and Ansib le.
- Experience working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source. Installed, configured, upgraded and managed Pu ppet Master, Agents & Databases. Integration of Puppet with Apache and Passenger.
- Deployed the java application into web application servers like Apache Tomca t.
- Experienced in deployment of applications on Apache Web server, Nix and Application Servers such as Tomca t, JBo ss.
- Implemented unit testing frame wo rk driven using JUnit and Cucumb er.
- Virtualized the servers using the Dockers for the test e nvironments and dev -environments n eeds.
- Performed configuration automation using Dockers con tainers.
- Worked with various scripti ng languages like Bash, Perl, Shell, Ruby, PHP and Pyt hon.
- Coordinated with the Offshore and On shore teams for Production Releases.
- Environment: Amazon Web Services, IAM,S3,cloudwatch, Nix, ANT, Maven, Tortoise SVN, Git Hub, Bamboo, Chef, Pupp et, Ansible, Dockers, Java, Agile, Apache H TTPD, Apache Tomcat, J Boss, JUnit, Cucumber, J son, Bash, Shell, Perl, Python, PHP, Ruby.
Confidential - Golden Valley, MN
Devops/ AWS Engineer
- Key Achieve ments:
- Provided ConfigurationMa nagementandBuildsupportformorethan5differentapplications, built and deployed to the production and lower envir onments.
- Defined andImplementedConfigurationManag ementandReleaseManag ementProcesses, Policies and Procedures.
- Created Development Environments in Amazon WebServicesusingserviceslikeVPC,ELB,EC2and RDS instances.
- Wrote Va grant Scripts to s pin up servers on the De veloper wo rkstations and in A WS.
- Worked with Engineers on providing the configuration details of the DEV environments and assisting in creating CHEF recipes for a Pr oof of Conce pt.
- Analyzed and resolved compilation and deploy men ter rors related to coded envelopment, branching, merging and building of sou rce code.
- Created and maintained Sub version repositories, branches and tags and Experience in administering SV N.
- Acted as an integrator for performing merges rebase and base line operations.
- Enforced development policies using Sub version hooks and other metadata.
- Coordinated/assisted develop ers with establishing and ap plying appropriate branching, labeling/ naming conventi ons using Sub version sou rce control.
- Developed build and deployment script using ANT, Shell to Setup development a nd QAenvironments.
- Troublesh oottheau t omationofinstallingandconfiguringJavaapplications in t he testing and production environments.
- Used U De ploy as Continuous Deployment tool and to setup automated and sche duled deployments.
- Maintained build related scripts d eveloped in A NT and Shell. Modified build configuration files includingAntbuild.xml.
- Deployed code on Web Sp here application servers for Produ ction, QA, and Development environments.
- Performance tuning of We b Sp here application server including JVM, Garbage Collection, JDBC along with its server logs.
- Involved in sprints and planned releases with the team using JIRA and Confluence.
- Used JIRA t ool to track all t he defects and changes related to build and Release Team.
- Environment: Amazon Web Services, Chef, Vagran t, Scrum, Su bversion (SVN), ANT, UDeploy, DB2, JIRA, Confluence, Shell Scri pts, Web Sphere Server.
Confidential, Deerfield, IL
- Key Achieve ments:
- Extensive exposure to con figuration manag ement policies and practices with regards to SDLC along with automation of scripting using shell, python and Perl scripting.
- Hands on exposure on Version Control GIT.
- Created branches in GIT i mplementing parallel devel opment process.
- Worked on Maven creating artifacts th rough source c ode and internal deployment in Nexus repository.
- Used Sonar Qube for code quality and built applications using Chef/puppet scripting, Ant with Ivy build.
- Extensive experience in creation and management of Chef POC environment.
- Experience installing packa ges using YUM and RP Mon Nix.
- Installed Jenkins on Linux machines and created master and slave configurations to imp lement multiple parallel builds.
- Created Power Shell Scrip ts to patch DLLs across vari ous servers and also to aut omate databa se deployments (Dachas) using SSDT.
- Application deployment a nd configuration for enterprise scale infrastru cture usi ng Jenkins.
- Worked on functional and unit tests using python and Java.
- Performed Devops for Linux, Mac and win dows platforms.
- Extensive experience with Nagios monitoring system as well as other monitoring tools.
- Responsible for creation a nd manag ement of Chef C ook books.
- Implemented configurati on manag ement and change manag ement policies.
- Environment: SVN, GIT,ANT, Maven, Chef, Puppet, Je nkins, UNIX, Linux, Perl, Bash, Python, Ruby, Web logic, Tomcat, JIRA, Sonar Cube.
Confidential, Princeton, NJ
Build-Release Engineer/ Devops engineer
- Key Achieve ments:
- Used Shell and Perl scripti ng to deploy artifacts that are built by Ant.
- Helped developer store solve sub ve rsion code mergi ng issues.
- Su pported daily and weekly routines of pushing good builds based on test results.
- Wrote shell scrip ts and automated creating projects in Jenkins and Nexus repository as part of release process.
- Participated in “Release Readiness Review” status m eeting (Go/N o-go Process).
- Gained good knowledge on Linux Administration.
- Performed Risk Analysis, preparing Mitigation Strategies &Contingency Plans.
- Coordinated Release effort amongst various teams ( Development, QA, Testing, a nd BusinessAnalysis) in geographically separated environment.
- Worked with Subversion, proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile/scrum development in a fast-paced engineering environment.
- Integrated Subversion for a utomating builds with Jenkins.
- Managed the Sub version branching strategy for a few applications by creating Release branches, Development b ranches thus ensuring the integrity of Trunk.
- Efficiently performed the task of resolving confli cts w hile merging in Su bversion with theJ2EEdevelopment background.
- Tweaked and managed the builds by editing build.xml for change in the require ments.
- Managed and performed t he environment related c onfiguration changes as a part of deployment.
- Deployed the archives to Web Logic Application Servers.
- Environment: Su b version, Ant, Jenkins, NEXUS, Install Shield, Shell, Perl, and Web Logic Servers.
Confidential, Somerset, NJ
Linux System Administrator/ Devops Consultant
- Key Achieve ments:
- Installed and configured Ubun t u, Cen tos on re mote servers and Desktop servers.
- Installation of patches and packages using RPM and YUM in Red hat Linux.
- Installed and configured A pache/To mcat web server.
- Created and modified users and groups with SUDO p ermission.
- Worked with developers to load software on to Linux Enterprise servers and also debugging Scripts.
- Setup and administered user and groups accounts, setti ng permissions for users.
- Diagnosed and resolved problems as associated with D NS, DHCP, VPN, NFS, and Ap ache.
- Creation and administrati on of Virtual Machin es using VMware and virtual box.
- OS upgrades and in salva tion of third party software, packages and patches as per requirement.
- Maintained the Linux Fi r ewall for netwo rk and implement to the netwo rk security.
- Trouble sh oot the net work with the help of n et stat, ping, ns looks up and trace route tools.
- Resolved TCP /IP n etwork access problems for the clients. Develop, Main tain, u pdate various scripts for services (start, stop, restart, recycle, Crone jobs) UNIX based shell.
- Experience in stalling and configuring SSH (Secure Sh ell) encryption in order to access securely on Ubuntu and Red hat Lin ux.
- Responsible for configuring and connection to SSH through SSH clients like Pu tty and Cyber duck.
- Remotely copied files using SFTP, FTP, SCP, WinScp, and FileZilla.
- Regularly managed back up process for server and client data.
- Installed open source app lication, searched, analyzed and developed new application for users.
- Environment: WINDOWS, Oracle Virtual box, VMware, SSH, RHEL, SFTP, FTP, SCP, WinScp, and FileZilla.