- Professional iOS developer since 2011 with a web development background.
- Developed applications using Objective C and Swift.
- Worked with publicly available frameworks using Cocoapods and Carthage.
- Have integrated patterns like Delegation, Notifications, Key Value Observing, MVVM, MVC and Protocols.
- Created wrapper classes that made use of libraries like NSURLSession or Alamofire to consume the client’s API endpoints.
- Handled heavy CPU operations on background threads using Grand Central Dispatch and Operation Queue.
- Stored information using User Defaults, Core Data, SQLite and Plist files.
- Authenticated users with Oauth2, Keychain, touch ID and currently working on Face ID.
- Debugged entire applications using Breakpoints and the Confidential CLI.
- Prevented memory leaks by using the proper references from ARC and MRR.
- Implemented UI using storyboards, nib files and programmatic classes.
- Created services that gathered the user’s location with Core Location and displayed such location information with Map Kit Maps.
- Worked with team technologies like Jira, Trello, Pivotal Tracker and Slack.
- Handled Push Notifications using best practices for iOS devices.
- Assisted on the process of releasing applications to the apple app store.
- Worked with Git, GitHub, Bit bucket and private Subversion repositories.
- Developed with a Scrum project management strategy.
- Handled audio and visual media with AVFoundation and HLS.
- Created Unit Tests for the core functions of the applications.
- Participated on the training of new developers for the client’s project.
- Reliable and delivers complex solutions on time following best practices and good software design.
- TDD & Unit Testing
- Scrum & Waterfall
- Core Data
- Objective C
- Cocoapods & Carthage
- OOP & POP
- Core Location
- HTML & Web Technologies
Sr. iOS Developer
- Used Auto Layout constraints and size classes to offer a responsive design.
- Created animations using Core Animation and Animation Blocks.
- Integrated third party frameworks using Cocoapods.
- Developed the application with an MVVM software architecture.
- Extracted fully developed backend logic into private frameworks.
- Implemented Touch ID and 3D Touch Technology.
- Coordinated with other team members to handle push notifications and offer a custom iOS experience.
- Implemented Gesture Recognizers to enhance the user interaction experience with the application.
- Worked the API of other social networks to offer a single app that handles all the inbox messages.
- Made use of User Defaults to store user preferences.
- Mentored junior developers into iOS best practices.
- Did code reviews for pull requests.
- Converted business objectives into technical requirements and estimated time for completion.
- Created unit tests for core features as well as newly created features.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Sr. iOS Developer
- Implemented Touch ID to ease the login process and offer a high level of authentication.
- Made use of a collection view to display all the available login accounts.
- The application was entirely developed on Swift. Updated Swift version.
- Worked with Auto Layout Technology to introduce constraints and size classes.
- Created custom classes to process network requests, these classes used Alamofire to consume the API.
- Developed the codebase using a MVC architectural design pattern.
- Integrated Google Analytics to understand the user’s behavior.
- Developed the architecture of the project that the rest of the iOS developers would use.
- Integrated Protocols and Extensions to comply with the Swift Coding Style.
- Profiled the application for memory leaks and zombies.
- Debugged the application with Breakpoints.
- Released the application into the app store and enabled proper entitlements.
- Complied with the Apple Human Interface Guideline.
- Interacted with the Product Owner to help the management release the project on time.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Application originally developed on Objective C.
- Worked with the Senior developers to migrate the Objective C codebase into Swift.
- Made use of NSURLSession to create a networking wrapper class.
- Integrated Core Location to grab the user’s location and used background modes to keep the application sending information about the location.
- Made use of Map Kit to display the User Location with a custom annotation object.
- Worked with a version of Scrum to develop the project requirements.
- Created software documentation on a private repository wiki.
- Used auto layout to provide a responsive design and worked constraints too.
- Worked with a team based on a different physical location and time zone.
- The team made use of several third - party utilities and those were handled with Carthage.
Confidential, Dyersburg, TN
- Supported the architect of the project on various development tasks.
- Entirely developed on Objective C.
- Created Façade classes as means of a proper software architecture.
- Responsible for creating unitary tests for the core requirements of the application.
- Managed a high level of security and adhered to secure coding.
- Made use of a custom token based authentication mechanism.
- Made use of Categories to extend the functionality of Objective C classes.
- Implemented UI using UIKit classes like UITableView, UICollectionView, UIScrollView and UISegmentedControl among others.
- Created UI programmatically and managed navigation with an instance of UINavigationController.