- Over 7 years of experience in IT Industry as DevOps/Agile operations, Systems Administration and Software Configuration Management (SCM). Extensive experience includes Build/Release Management, Change/Incident Management and Cloud Management
- In Amazon Web Services (AWS), wrote an image management module (for creating, registering, listing and deleting images) using APIs exposed by AWS. Installed and configured Chef in AWS
- AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation AWS Config, Autoscaling, Cloud Front, IAM, S3, R53
- Strong Experience in Configuration Management performing Application Builds/Packaging, defect management, troubleshooting, version control and environment supervision
- Proficient in Build & Release automation framework designing, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, Build & release planning, procedures, scripting & automation. Good at documenting and implementing procedures related to build, deployment and release.
- Experience in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT (GitHub, GitLab), Clear case, Perforce and VSS.
- Experience in Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins (Hudson) and Bamboo, Continuous Delivery/provisioning tools like chef and Atlassian Tools Confluence and JIRA.
- Expert in using ANT scripts, Make and Maven for Build process.
- In - depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall methodologies
- Architected and implemented automated cloud infrastructure using Chef on multi platforms
- Worked on infrastructure with Docker containerization.
- Collaborated with development support teams to setup a continuous delivery environment with the use of Docker.
- Extensive experience working on the monitoring of the servers using tools such as Nagios.
- Ability in execution of XML, Ant Scripts, Ruby, Shell Scripts, Perl Scripts, Power Shell scripts and JAVA Scripts
- Experience in Deploying JBoss, Apache Tomcat web server, IIS Server, Oracle web logic, and IBM Web Sphere
- Experience of working with the release and deployment of large-scale C++, Java/J2EE Web applications using SVN repository
- Experience in Installing, Configuring, Tuning and troubleshooting of Red Hat EL 4.x, 5.x, 6.x and VMware ESX environment and also extensive knowledge of Multiple Client Operating Systems such as Windows, UNIX and Linux.
- Experience in building and deploying Java & SOA applications and troubleshooting the build and deploy failures
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work as a team or individually, ability to learn new technologies quickly and excellent planning .
- Good interaction with developers, managers, and team members to coordinated job tasks and strong commitment to work.
Platforms: UNIX,Linux(CentOS,RHEL,Ubuntu),Windows 98/NT/XP/Vista/7/8, iOS
SCM Tools: GIT, AWS Cloud Formation, Clear Case, Clear Quest
Build Tools/DevOps: Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Chef, Docker
CI Tools: Hudson/Jenkins, Bamboo
Bug Tracking & Testing: JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Center, Junit, Clear Quest
Versioning Tools: GIT, Subversion, C VS
Cloud Computing: AWS (EC2, ELB, S3), Cloud Foundry, AWS ElastiCache
Monitoring Tools: Nagios
Project Management tools: Base Camp, MS Project, Atlassian Tools, Demandware
SDLC: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
Web/App s e r v e r s: IBM Web Sphe re, Apache Tomcat, Oracle Web Logic
Languages/Scripting: Shell Script, ANT Script, Batch Script, Perl Script, Power Shell Script, C, C+, Objective C , Python, Ruby, Java, J2EE
Database System: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, Oracle 9i/10g-PL/SQL, MS Access, DB2
Web T e chn o l o g i es: Ser v l e ts, JDBC, JSP, HTML, Java Sc ri p t, XML
Confidential, Waukesha, WI
- Build and release software baselines, code merges, branch and label creation in Subversion/GIT and interfaced between development and infrastructure.
- Implemented Chef for continuous delivery in our internal projects.
- Responsible for CI and CD using Jenkins, Maven and Chef.
- Rapid-provisioning and configuration management for Ubuntu using Chef on Amazon Web Services.
- Written/Developed Ruby recipes in Chef Cookbook to automate the entire deployment process as well as infrastructure admin tasks.
- Written and developed Chef Cookbooks from scratch for custom installation of application.
- Migrate many applications into AWS and provide cloud Security
- Automation of Frequent manual tasks in AWS.
- Implemented VPC, Auto scaling, S3, EBS, ELB, Cloud formation templates and cloud watch services from AWS
- Developed Pom.xml files for Maven build scripts.
- Worked in migrating code from SVN to Git repo (stash/bit bucket), clean the git repo (purging files).
- Performed all necessary day-to-day CVS/Subversion support for different projects.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the CVS/Subversion repositories and the access control strategies.
- Creation of branches in git and Subversion for parallel development process.
- Used Jenkins to automate most of the build related tasks.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI’s. Whenever a new GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins, our Continuous Integration server, automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it, The Docker container leverages Linux containers and has the AMI baked in. Converted our staging and Production environment from a handful AMI’s to a single bare metal host running Docker.
- Scripting with shell, ruby, Python and power shell for VMware automatic kicking off virtual instances and other system administration task automations.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining build, deployment scripts for test, Staging and Production environments using ANT, Maven.
- Created required environment for Dev, QA,UAT and Prod Teams.
- Automated builds using Jenkins for continuous build integration.
- Managed large scale deployments in stage and production environments.
- Set up and managed Jenkins build farm of mixed Linux, Mac OS, and Windows slaves.
- Responsible for deploying and configuring multi-tier J2EE enterprise products in complex production and stage environments. Managed and designed IT Workforce Recovery solution for company
- Developed Windows Power shell script to automate setting of user credentials and activation of Windows
- Having very good knowledge networking protocols in HTTPD, DNS and TCP/IP.
- Troubleshooting deployment issues in complex environments.
- Involved in troubleshooting and being part of the calls for production/stage issues.
- Upgraded schema for databases in both staging and production environments.
- Carried out regular monthly scheduled maintenance releases in stage and
- Production environments.
- Created and maintained the deployment process documents.
- Worked with project managers for new client launch and to provide other Infrastructural support.
- Worked with QA and developers team to update the documentation and thereby improving the process.
- Assisted and trained new engineers to understand the deployment process.
- Provided on-call support for production issues.
- Handled several projects go-live deployment/upgrade activities
Environment:: Weblogic, SVN, Maven, ANT, IIS, LINUX, TCP/IP,XML, Power Shell, Python,Shell Scripts, Python, Ruby, Jenkins, Apache, JIRA, Docker, Tomcat, AWS, GIT, Chef.
- Implemented Subversion and Git Hub branching and merging operations for Java Source Code applications.
- Responsible for creating new branches/Patch branches based on the request from DEV team
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs
- Deploying the artifacts into the stage and production environment
- Responsible for creating branches, tagging and merging in Subversion and GIT.
- Making release notes and Installation guides for end user so that user can easily walk through the installation without any issue
- Performing Pre-build and Post-build tasks
- Monitoring the build status and resolving build issues by going through the build.xml files.
- Publish build and release for daily in QA environment. Maintain QA environment and solve issue of QA and maintain DB version according to releases. Also publish code and DB on production and staging as per business requirement.
- Documenting each and every part of the process in confluence(Atlassian tool)
- Worked on the DR(Disaster Recovery) documentation
- Used Maven for building the applications and developing the build scripts.
- Coordinate the build and release schedules with project management, development, and QA team.
- Automated the deployment process to different environment in a rolling Fashion (With no down time).
- Identify and drive resolution of build and runtime errors.
- Provide Admin support for the Atlassian tool suite - Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Working Experience on AWS - creating IAM policies, rules for users, groups and AWS components.
- Creating S3 buckets and EC2 instances on AWS for different environments.
- Familiar with AWS cli and automated the deployment process to aws in a rolling fashion (Deploying to one node at a time by taking Instances out of rotation from ELB and putting it back after deployment.
- Deploying JAR, WAR and EAR files to WebLogic, Tomcat, AWS using Jenkins and Bamboo.
- Used monitoring tools like Nagios and Pager duty.
- Used Jira as Ticketing System Tool to handle the issues/tasks/service requests created by multiple team members across the project.
- Automated end to end Deployment process using Shell Scripting.
- Responsible for creating cut-over and rollback plans. Co-coordinating with multiple teams to get timelines for each and every task in cut-over plan
Environment: s:: Subversion, Maven, Apache Tomcat, Nagios, WebLogic, Java/J2EE, Shell Scripts, Jenkins, Confluence, Crucible, Nexus, Git,Git hub, Jira, Rhel, AWS.
Build and Release Engineer
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Subversion (SVN).
- Involved in all projects that move to production and work closely with the Data Center, Development, Quality Assurance and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes
- Written Make, Maven and Ant build tools for application layer modules.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using Gradle as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Created and maintained the Shell/Perl deployment scripts for TC Server/Tomcat web application servers.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Perform periodic system audits on all environments to ensure that only controlled versions of software reside all environments.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of processes and associated scripts/tools for automated build, testing and deployment of the products to various developments.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Hudson/Jenkins CI Automation.
- Responsible for the Plugin Management, User Management, Build/Deploy Pipeline Setup and End-End Job Setup of all the projects.
- Jenkins is used as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
- Installed/Configured and Managed Nexus Repository Manager and all the Repositories.
- Created the Release process of the artifacts.
- JIRA is used as ticket tracking, change management and Agile/SCRUM tool.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), Hudson/Jenkins, Nexus, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, TC Server, Tomcat, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, XML, UNIX, Windows 7, Oracle, JIRA.
- Creating System Environment by planning, selection, installation, configuration, and testing of web application software, server hardware, networking needs.
- Worked on Java/J2EE Coding for Portal Applications.
- Worked on Tomcat Web server for hosting web apps.
- Used Perforce version control system to manage different builds for the system.
- Involved in writing Shell scripts for compilation and deployment process.
- Good command in writing ANT scripts for making all the files local to the server.
- Created deployment tickets using Clear Quest for build deployment in Production.
- Design and setup of CI tools like Hudson, cruise control to Hudson. Integrating SCM tools with CI tools to automate the build process.
- Written Ant/Maven scripts to automate entire build process.
- Migrated ANT projects into Maven for better build performance.
- Installed and configured Hudson from the scratch and setup multiple project for CI.
- Responsible for creating branches, tagging and merging in Subversion.
- Written Shell scripts from the scratch to automate the Deployment process into Prod and non-Prod environments.
- Collected the approvals for deploying the code to production.
- Involved in working with WebSphere App server admin console for deploying applications.
- Worked closely with developers and managers to resolve the issues that rose during the deployments to different environments.
- Communicated with all levels of engineering, management, development and test teams.
Environment: Subversion, Perforce, Team City, Apache Tomcat, Java/J2EE, ANT, Shell Scripts, Clear Quest, UNIX, and LINUX, Windows XP.