- Having 8 years of experience as a Build and Release Engineer in automating, building, releasing of code from one environment to other environment and deploying to servers.
- Experienced DevOps Engineer, has a good understanding of blending operations and development for a faster delivery of project to customers
- Extensively worked on Hudson, Jenkins for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Having In - depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration
- Extensive experience using MAVEN and ANT as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts (jar, war & ear) from source code.
- Build, Configure, Manage and Coordinate all Build and Release Management activities.
- Worked on Automated build & Release process.
- Conduct systems design, feasibility and cost studies and recommend cost-effective cloud solutions such as Amazon Web Services, Google Web Services.
- Experience in Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, Route 53).
- Expertise in shell scripting using sh, ksh and bash.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving of Linux/UNIX servers, debugging OS failure.
- Experience in working on source control tools like Tortoise SVN, GIT
- Expert in deploying the code through web application servers like Apache Tomcat/JBOSS.
- Ability in development and execution of XML, Shell Scripts and Perl Scripts.
- Extensive experience of working with the release and deployment of large-scale Java/J2EEWeb applications.
- Experience with VMWare ESXi, vCenter, vSphere and cloud computing platforms, such as RackSpace & AWS.
- Ability in managing all aspects of the software configuration management process including code compilation, packaging / deployment / release methodology, and application configurations.
- Experience in working with Tracking Tools HP Service Center, JIRA.
- Experience in Deploying to and administering in the use of Jboss, Tomcat and Apache web server, weblogic, websphere, SVN.
- Excellent communicative, interpersonal, intuitive, analysis and leadership skills with ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments.
Languages: C, C++, C#, Java/ J2EE.
Scripting Languages: Shell, Python, and Ruby.
SCM Tools: SVN, GIT, GITHUB.
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, and Gradle.
CI Tools: Jenkins/Hudson, Bamboo, TFS and deploy.
Bug Tracking Tools: Jira, Bugzilla, Remedy, Junit, HP Quality Center, IBM Clear Quest.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux.
RDBMS: Oracle, DB2, SQL SERVER, PostgreSQL, MY SQL, NoSQL.
Servers: Apache, Tomcat, IBM JBoss, WebLogic, WebSphere.
Tools: MS Office Suite, Confluence.
Cloud Platform: AWS (EC2, S3, Cloud Watch, RDS,Elastic Cache, IAM)
Build and Release Engineer
- Participated in the release cycle of the product, which involves environments like Development test and Production environment.
- Used Perforce for the purpose of Software Configuration management and maintaining the versions of Website Code.
- Administer and support Team Foundation Server, Managed security and configuration for TFS projects. Worked with TFS code branching, merging and versioning. (TFS 2012).
- Developed UNIX, Perl, Ruby and Python Scripts for the purpose of manual deployment of the code to the different environments and E-mail the team when the build is completed.
- Deployed the code from Development environment to other environments like UAT and production Environments.
- Worked on AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups & Route 53.
- Good in Bash shell scripting for writing up scripts for matrix collection of various application and automation of day to day activity.
- Delivered specific versions of various components of an application into target environments. Executed the database Scripts that have dependencies on the code on Oracle database.
- Executed QA services for enhancing efficiency of technologies AND related updates for cloud storage applications (i.e., Amazon web services, Cloud formation.).
- Documented the deployment process (Migration Doc) of code to production using MS Excel.
- Edited and Modified POM.xml for a few applications that used Maven.
- Used Ant scripts to perform the builds and wrote a few buil.xmls for application development teams.
- Installed and administered tools like Jenkins, Jira, and Devops.
- Integrated automated build in Jenkins/Hudson.
Environment: SVN, Web sphere Application Server 6.0, UNIX, Jenkins, Perl, Perforce, Remedy, Oracle DB2, SQL SERVER, PostgreSQL, MY SQL, NoSQL and EJB.
- Build and release software baselines, code merges, branch and label creation and interfaced between development and infrastructure.
- Implemented Subversion branching and merging operations for Java Source Code.
- Experience with build tools Ant and Maven for writing build.xmls and pom.xmls respectively.
- Experience in integrating Unit Tests and Code Quality Analysis Tools like JUnit, findbugs and Selenium.
- Experience in Configuring and deploying to Application servers Weblogic and Websphere.
- Hands on Experience in using Tomcat and Apache web servers for deployments and for hosting tools.
- Worked recently on tools migration from old tools like PVCS (version control system) to GIT, Tracker to Jira and finally CI tool Hudson to Jenkins.
- Partially worked as build tools administrator (SVN, Jira, Bamboo and Jenkins).
- Worked with Development Team Leads and testing teams to establish a build schedule, execute the builds and troubleshoot build failures, if any.
- Send releases to SID testing. Resolve issues before going into questionnaire. Drafting the documents for each release about the issues and the lessons learnt.
- Successfully managed concurrent deliverables on time and with quality within fast-paced environment and under deadlines.
- Used Chef and Puppet devops tools.
- Coordinate with the Development Teams to receive the correct versions of re-usable and dependent components and with Environment team for issuing/installing successful builds.
- Create documents on build process and flow, build script maintenance, user guide for developers for local builds.
- Responsible for Defining Mapping parameters and variables and Session parameters according to the requirements and usage of workflow variables for triggering emails in QA and UAT environments.
- Extensively worked on Informatica Designer, Workflow Manager. Designed and migrated various reusable mappings and mapplets in Mapping designer, sessions and workflows in Workflow manager to extract data from various sources like MainFrames, Flat files, SQL server, Oracle.
- Responsible for providing consolidated daily and weekly status reports to the management and team.
- Responsible for coordinating the Offshore and Onsite team and resolve all the issues faced by the team.
- Extensively used Power Exchange to create and migrate Datamaps from system level lo Informatica servers.
- Used Hudson/Jenkins and Bamboo to perform automated Builds and Deployments
- Configurations, setup and building of interfaces and modifying the flow to give the opportunity for re-use scalability and functionality.
- Writing shell and Perl scripts for automated deployments especially in handling all the tasks before kicking off WSLT or WSADMIN scripts or admin console deployments.
Environment: JIRA, SVN, GIT, Apache ANT, XML, Maven, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat, Shell Script, Unix/Linux, Windows, Oracle.
Build and Release Engineer
- Automating the Build process using Subversion.
- Managed builds and wrote Build scripts for Java and websphere based applications.
- Maintained source code repository in subversion.
- Successfully administrated Subversion, Cruise Control and Anthill Pro.
- Automated deployment of builds to different environments using Anthill Pro.
- Work closely with Business analysts and Project managers to meet release and build schedule deadlines.
- Created Continuous Build Process using Hudson.
- Implemented continuous integration using the Hudson, which tracks the source code changes.
- Create and setup automated nightly build environment for Java projects using Maven.
- Studied the current build and release process and automated the process using shell scripts.
- TFS code branching, merging and versioning with Ms build
- Debugged Build failures and worked with developers and QA people to resolve the related issues.
- Perform various builds for the QA, and Production Environments.
- Experienced in building Java application using make files (Ant utility), Shell Scripts.
- Deployment of application to the Tomcat/ Websphere Application Server.
- Managed builds and made necessary changes to Ant build scripts for Java/ Websphere based applications.
- Support development engineers with Configuration Management issues. Assist my seniors and Project Leaders in technical issues.
Environment: Subversion, Jenkins, Anthill Pro, Apache Ant, Maven, Websphere, Weblogic and Shell scripting
Build & Release Engineer
- Installed and configured wide range of application and web servers, Weblogic 8.x/9.x/10.x, Apache 2.x
- Involved in performing stress testing for workload balancing, memory leak and connection pool issues with administering applications and JDBC data sources in Weblogic application server tuning.
- Designing, developing, and implementing new methods and procedures of the technical solution that meets the requirements of the project. Designs may involve major and highly complex systems.
- Worked closely with the Development Team in the design phase and developed Use case diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion support for different projects.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Configure Node manager for administer the Managed servers.
- Researched and troubleshooted emerging application issues, from WebLogic configuration to code issues
- Developed Complex UNIX shell scripts to automate the deployment process
- Configured Clustering Ejb objects, jdbc connections and JMS connection factories
- Configured Node manager for administrating the Managed servers
- Strong in building Object Oriented applications using C++ and Java, writing Shell Scripts on UNIX.
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server.
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Provided periodic feedback of status and scheduling issues to the management.
Environment: Subversion, Anthill pro, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, JIRA, UNIX/LINUX, XML, Jboss, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Web logic, MY SQL, Perl Scripts, Shell scripts.
Middle ware Administrator
- Creating and Configuring new WebLogic & ALSB/ESB domains
- Working on ALSB Deployments and debugging the errors if any.
- Managed Perforce Repositories to download the artifacts during the build.
- Involved in resolving day to day issues in the development and testing environment related to JMS, ALSB and WebLogic server.
- Applying Patches to various domains in ALSB and WebLogic server environment.
- Working on performance tuning and day to day environment issues.
- Creating the web services and proxy services for ALSB according to SOA framework.
- Creating oracle case for alsb and WebLogic server issues and tracking them with the oracle Support Engineers.
Environment: Apache, XML, Apache Tomcat, Shell Script, Unix/Linux, Windows, Oracle.
- Worked as a project member providing 24/7 Support.
- Maintaining code repository, code Integration and release based branching in Perforce; Code Building for JAVA based applications.
- Automated the process of creating release packages for multiple configurations on ANT and UNIX platforms, using ant scripts.
- Configuring the Oracle DB in WebLogic Application Servers
- Installed and Configured WebLogic Application Servers on Solaris and Linux.
- Configured WebLogic Application Servers with Apache 2.x
- Configured Connection Pools for the BEA WebLogic Application Servers
- Providing support for enabling and disabling downtime in Web servers
Environment: s: Ant Scripting, UNIX Shell Scripting, Perl, SQL, Perforce.