- DevOps Engineer around 6 years of experience that includes Software Configuration Management ( SCM ), CI/CD process, Automation, Release Management and Cloud Computing.
- Experienced at Software Development Life Cycles( SDLC ) Waterfall Methodologies and Agile Programming Methodologies.
- Understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, which include compiling, packaging, deploying and Application configurations.
- Experience with Source Code Management (SCM) tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT/ GITHUB
- Experience in Systems Administration (Installation, Configuration, Tuning and Upgrades of Linux (RedHat, Ubuntu and Oracle), Windows, UNIX platforms
- Worked with automation tools like Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, uDeploy to implement the End to End Automation.
- Experience in working with configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef and Ansible. Experience in setting up Puppet Master, Puppet Agents for managing enterprise policies and configurations.
- Experience with Nexus and Artifactory as a repository management tools.
- Experience with Shell/Bash,Ruby scripting language and good understanding knowledge on Python.
- Worked on volume of nodes on Cloud Computing Platform AWS for building, deploying and managing applications and services.
- AWSCloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, EBS, CloudWatch, Cloud Front, IAM, S3, Elastic Beanstalk,Lambda, Route53.
- Automation of the services on Cloud stack - Openstack, Google compute engine.
- Experience with Kubernates, Docker with Mesos and Marathon.
- Good command on using bug tracking tools like JIRA and Remedy, HP and QualityCenter.
- Developed Ruby mostly on GNU/Linux especially Red Hat, Ubuntu.
- Experience in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code.
- Experience with monitoring tools Nagios, Splunk, AWS Cloudwatch, CloudTrail and SNS services.
- Experience in deploying the code on web application servers like IBM Web Sphere and Tomcat.
- Experience in integrating Unit Tests and Code Quality Analysis Tools like JUnit, Cobertura.
- Experience of working with the release and deployment in Java/J2EE Web applications environment.
- Experienced in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MYSQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- Experience in writing Shell and Perl scripts to automate the deployments.
- Worked on Identity and Access Management IAM products to initiate, capture, record and manage user identities and their related access permissions in an automated fashion.
- Good Interpersonal Skills, team-working attitude, takes initiatives and very proactive in solving problems and providing best solutions.
- Good knowledge on ITIL Process and have worked on coordinating releases across the projects.
- Experience in troubleshooting the problems generated while building, deploying and in production support.
- Experience in writing Ant and Maven build scripts for creating the builds (.jar .war and. ear) for the applications.
- Experienced in WAMP (Windows, Apache, MYSQL and Python) and LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and Python) Architecture.
- Designed and support all internal and client databases through LAMP Stack environment, as well as websites, version tracking software (git), ticket support system and WordPress.
Operating Systems: MS Windows, Linux (Red Hat), UNIX, centos
Version Control Tools: CVS, SVN, IBM Rational ClearCase, GIT
Languages/Scripting: XML, Java/J2EE, Shell scripting, Perl scripting, Python, Ruby, SQL, Bash.
SCM Tools: Subversion (SVN), GIT/GITHUB
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios, App Dynamics.
Virtualization: VMware, Docker,Kubernates.
Cloud Technologies: AWS(Amazon Web Services)
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, GRADLE.
CI/CD Tools: Hudson/Jenkins, AnthillPro, Udeploy
CM Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, Web Sphere, Web logic, JBoss
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Center
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Implemented build automation solutions for products and provide ongoing support and administration for software build and build automation using ANT, Maven, Shell Scripts, Jenkins and Apache Tomcat.
- Managed Version Control Subversion (SVN) and GIT Hub Enterprise and Automated current build process with Jenkins with proposed Branching strategies to accommodate code in various testing cycles.
- Developed continuous delivery product release pipelines, using tools such as Rundeck, Jenkins, and enable release and operations automation using Ansible.
- Worked on microservices project- to build docker containers and deploy to Dev, iTest, Scale, UAT (SIT), PROD.
- Implemented a CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, Ansible, and Maven in Linux environment.
- Worked on AWS stack - AMI management, auto scaling, Elastic Load balancing, Auto Scaling, Cloudwatch, EBS, EC2, IAM, Route53, S3, VPC. EC2 container service, RDS, CloudFormation,
- Deployed, scaled and managed AWS services using Ansible playbooks.
- Creating builds using power shell Scripts, ANT/Maven scripts manually and automated.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing GIT and STASH/ Bitbucket.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Used and Administered Continuous Integration tools Chef and Docker.
- Provisioned EC2 instances, configured autoscaling and defining cloud formationpuppet templates using Ansible modules.
- Worked to setup Jenkins as a service inside the docker swarm cluster to reduce the failover downtime to minutes and to automate the docker containers deployment without using configuration management tool.
- Implemented Docker-maven-plugin in maven pom to build docker images for all microservices and later used Docker file to build the docker images from the java jar files.
- Implemented build stage- to build the microservice and push the docker container image to the private docker registry.
- Worked on end to end setup of the artifactorypro as a docker container with a secure private docker registry and local docker repositories for storing the built docker images.
- Worked on Ansible playbooks to automate the installation of docker-engine, docker swarm cluster.
- Worked on deployment automation of all the microservices to pull image from the private docker registry and deploy to docker swarm cluster using Ansible.
- Worked on Ansible roles to pull the latest successful image from the docker repository through JSON API.
- Worked on building custom python modules.
- Worked on Ansible modules to deploy docker services on the swarm cluster for the entire microservices stack.
- Worked on Docker compose to schedule multiple containers and written compose.yml files to configure and scale multiple application services.
- Worked on building custom python modules.
- Migrated Mesos/Marathon to docker swarm for the micro services project.
- Worked on MAAS for cloud like provisioning for bare metal physical servers and REST API, Web UI and command line client setup.
- Worked on Zero-touch deployment of Ubuntu, RHEL servers and open-source IP address Management (IPAM).
- Worked on server management tool Landscape to deploy, monitor and manage Ubuntu servers.
- Worked on GitLab CI runner for the infrastructure provisioning on micro services project.
Environment: Subversion, GIT STASH, Jenkins, GitLab CI runner,ANSIBLE, JIRA, Maven, AWS, Python, Ruby, Unix, Shell Scripting, Docker Swarm,ELK, Mesos/Marathon, Splunk.
Confidential, Rhode Island
- Developed and implemented an agile SDLC and refinement of the Software Configuration Management (SCM) infrastructure.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories and performed branching, Merging, tagging and other strategies.
- Worked on Deploying the Java applications into web application servers like Apache Tomcat.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & Maven as build framework tools.
- AWS Cloud management and CHEF Automation.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, and Maven in Linux environment.
- Analyzed and Converted ANT scripts to MAVEN to standardize the procedures.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Websphere Application Servers
- Integrated builds with Code Quality Tools like Cobertura and Findbugs and published results on SonarQube.
- Monitor the UAT/Production Environments for any down time issues by performing regular corn job updates in servers.
- Used JIRA for bug tracking and Ticketing.
- Created, Configured and administered Nexus, Artifactory Repository Manager for sharing the dependencies.
- Configured VPC with subnets, route53, IAM, EBS, CloudWatch, cloud formation, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, high availability and faulttolerance with EC2.
- Automating Operations task with Python and Bash.
- Developed strategies, and contracts for validation of deployments and automated rollbacks in uDeploy.
- Responsible for applying the Software Configuration Management processes to projects, setting up and maintaining TFS/GIT/GitHub infrastructure and supporting a continuous delivery model by automating software build and package migration processes.
- Responsible for build and deployment automation using Puppet, Chef containers and Jenkins.
- Configured and managed Apache Web Server on Linux for web based applications using REST/SOAP, Apache and Weblogic.
- Workflow Management by creating service requests, incidents and change records.
- Configured Elastic Load balancer (ELB) including high availability of ELB using various subnets in various availability zones, configured security settings and health check for application.
- Implemented Zabbix for network monitoring and application monitoring of multiple metrics of various network services, servers in all the environments.
- Designed an ELK (Elastic Logstash Kibana) system to monitor and search enterprise alerts.
- Developed continuous delivery product release pipelines, using tools such as Rundeck, Jenkins, and enable release and operations automation using Chef.
- Worked on Docker open source project by automating the deployment of applications inside software containers.
- Managed Docker orchestration using Docker Swarm.
- Supported and developed tools for integration, automated testing and release management.
- Worked closely with the team to review code for compatibility issues, resolve issues as they arise, and implement deployment processes and improvements on a continuous basis.
Environment: GIT, ANT, Maven, Chef, XML, Jenkins, python, Shell/Bash, groovy scripts, IBMWeb sphere (WAS), JIRA, Kibana, Kubernetes, uDeploy.
Build and Release Engineer
- Developed installer scripts using Ant, Python and UNIX for various products to be hosted on Application Servers.
- Automated the release pipeline to achieve zero touch deployments using Jenkins, Nexus, and Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and apply in appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT.
- Conceived, Designed, Installed and Implemented CI/ CD automation system.
- Created and updated Bash scripts and modules, files, and packages.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation
- Set up Java environment for the installation of ANT on Linux .
- Troubleshoot Build and Deploy Issues, with little downtime.
- Organized and Co-Ordinated Product Releases, work closely with product development, QA, Support across global locations to ensure successful releases.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Ruby/Bash scripts.
- Worked on Managing the Private Cloud Environment using Chef.
- Implemented Chef Cookbooks for OS component configuration to keep AWS server's template -minimal.
- Monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has integrated Ansible with Rundeck and Jenkins
- Developed automation framework for Application Deployments to the cloud environments.
- Managed and optimize the Continuous Delivery tools like Jenkins.
- Experience in managing virtual instances and disks using Puppet.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure
- Installed, Configured, Administer Hudson/Jenkins Continuous Integration Tool.
- Automated Continuous Build and Deploy Scripts for Hudson/Jenkins Continuous Integration tool.
- Wrote ANT and MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process.
- Created Docker container using Docker images to test the application
- Provided ANT build script for building and deploying the application.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Member of the Technical Design team, Build and Release Module for Development of new products.
Environment: RedHat Enterprise Linux(RHEL) 7/6., Java, Eclipse, Toad, Git, Tomcat, Apache, Ansible, Jenkins, Python, Ruby Chef, JIRA, Maven, Artifactory, Ubuntu, CentOS, AWS, AWS CloudFormation Templates, AWS RDS, AWS Cloud Watch.
- Administered, maintained Red Hat 4.0, 5.0, Window 2000/2003/XP Troubleshooting Hardware, Operating System Application & Network problems and performance issues; Deployed latest patches for, Linux and Application servers, Performed Red Hat Linux Kernel Tuning.
- Experience in implementing and configuring network services such as HTTP, DHCP, and TFTP.
- Install and configure DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), and file servers on Linux servers.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server, and MySQL databases in both development and production.
- Migrated database applications from Windows 2000 Server to Linux server.
- Installing and setting up Oracle9i on Linux for the development team.
- Linux kernel, memory upgrades and swaps area. Red hat Linux Kickstart Installation.
- Capacity Planning, Infrastructure design and ordering systems.
- Performed Installation of JBOSS Operations Network to monitor Jboss instances, operating system parameters running on different Operating systems.
- Created users, manage user permissions, maintain User & File System quota on Red hat Linux.
- Configured LDAP using Red Hat Directory Server for user authentication.
- Bash shell-scripts to automate routine activities.
- Monitored trouble ticket queue to attend user and system calls.
- Attended team meetings, change control meetings to update installation progress, and for upcoming changes in environment.
- Diagnosed hardware and software problems and provided solution to them.
- Updated data in inventory management package for Software and Hardware products.
- Worked with DBAs on installation of RDBMS database, restoration and log generation.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 4.0,5.0 AS ES, Oracle 9i/10g, Samba, Squid proxy, VMware Tomcat 3.x,4.x,5.x, Apache Server 1.x,2.x, Bash, LDAP, Kickstart.