- AWS Engineer with exposure to Linux and Build & Release.
- Worked on Kubernetes, Docker, CI/CD, Terraform, Puppet, Chef.
- DevOps on Linux and Windows
- Virtualization and Cloud Computing (Private, Public and Hybrid) - VMware/EMC (Cloud Foundry), AWS (EC2, ELB, Cloud Watch and S3), Azure.
- Monitoring and management tools like ZABBIX, NAGIOS, SPLUNK, AppDynamics.
- Continuous Integration tools - Jenkins/ Hudson, Bamboo and Team City
- Software development methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile and Scrum.
- Scripting - Python, Shell, Terraform.
- UNIX shell script, UNIX system concepts, Red Hat and Suse LINUX, networking.
- WebSphere, Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic application servers.
- Debugging and troubleshooting existing code.
- Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) preparing Requirement Specification documents, design documents, Test cases and Analysis, User Training documents and Technical Help documents.
Version Control system: GIT and GitHub.
Build and CI/CD tools: Ant, Maven and Jenkins.
Configuration Mgmt. Tool: Ansible.
Cloud Platform: Amazon Web Services.
Scripting languages: Python, Shell, Terra form
Application server: Apache tomcat server
Operating system: Linux, Solaris, Windows.
Ticketing tools: Jira, Remedy
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Implement and maintain the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using CloudWatch.
- Design roles and groups using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Worked to build demo for DevOps -end to end application deployment and scaling cloud automation for continuous delivery (OpenStack, OpenShift, Docker, continuum).
- Build OpenStack test and development infrastructure and maintaining Chef Cookbooks for production rollout.
- Use puppet and Chef automation tools for configuration management in different systems.
- Write Puppet manifests in Ruby for deploying, configuring and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring
- Responsible for maintaining different Testing/QA Environments and erection of the PROD Environment in AWS
- Experience with analysis of logs and performing root cause analysis for various issues coming up on daily basis
- Monitoring Live Traffic, logs, Memory utilization, Disk utilization and various other factors which are important for deployment.
- Implement and Enhance the Existing Scripts which are developed in Shell, Perl, Ruby and Python.
- Manage SAN disks like EMC and VMAX using EMC PowerPath.
- Install EMC PowerPath and create Storage RAID groups, LUN's and assigning them to the servers.
- Troubleshoot and performance tuning issues with applications like Oracle 10.x, 11.x JBoss 5.x, WebLogic 11.x, 12.x. Installing and deploying Apache, JBoss 5.x
- Support of Applications like Apache Tomcat and Java based applications running on Linux machines for multiple clients.
- Installation, configuration and administration of Linux (Red Hat, Centos), Sun Solaris and HP-UX Servers.
- Storage Provisioning, Volume and File System Management using LVM/Veritas on HPUX/Linux/Sun Solaris OS in a SAN environment
- Manage network using Security Groups, NACLS, and IAM. Use Amazon RD and, MySQL to perform basic database administration.
- Utilize Puppet for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS .Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC). Utilize S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS .
- Develop CloudFormation scripts to automate EC2 instances.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Wrote Python scripts with Cloud Formation templates to automate installation of Auto scaling, EC2, VPC and other services.
- Installed Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration through a build farm for implementation of multiple parallel builds.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugins, and managing artifacts in maven internal repository.
- Configure and managing daily and hourly scheduled snapshots backup and Restore the data from snapshots if needed.
- Manage Red Hat Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2.
- Administered databases using RDS, MySQL and DynamoDB in AWS and executed the DML and DDL scripts.
- Used AWS CLI to create new instances and manage existing instances.
- Work with development, testing, deployment and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
- Deployed code on Tomcat, WebLogic Application Servers for UAT and Development environments.
- Used Terraform to manage the AWS and other cloud infrastructure. Manage servers using configuration management products like CFEngine or Puppet.
- Maintaining the security groups in EC2, EC2 VPC and controlling the inbound and outbound traffic that are allowed to reach the instances
- Automating Web Sphere EAR file deploys through Cruise Control, Jenkins, Team City, and Bamboo.
- Repeatedly worked on AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, S3, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, IAM, Cloud Formation, OpsWorks, Cloud Watch.
- Involved in multiple roles in various capacities as a “Build & Deployment Lead” managing and delivering the deployments and as a Infrastructure Engineer accountable for the entire Release/Project New Environment readiness infrastructure design and design of deployment automation framework.
- DevOps for load balanced environments & Multi-regional server environments (AWS Regional nodes managed via Chef Roles and Ohai Attributes)
- Managed and worked with various different instances of EC2, creating AMI’s, managing EBS volumes and configuring security groups, elastic ips etc.
- Knowledge on Auto scaling launch configurations for lower environments and creating auto scaling groups with reusable instance templates for Automated Provisioning on demand on based on capacity requirements.
- Experience with AWS S3 services creating buckets, configuring buckets with permissions, logging, versioning and tagging.
- Worked with IAM service creating new IAM users & groups, defining roles and policies and Identity providers.
- Utilized AWS CloudWatch to monitor the performance environment instances for operational and performance metrics during load testing.
- Created alarms and trigger points in CloudWatch based on thresholds and monitored logs via metric filters.
- Written 12 different cookbooks containing multiple recipes to achieve automation for middleware installation, Environment readiness and deployment activities.
- Utilized all components of cookbooks like recipes, resources, templates, attributes and libraries.
- Experience with knife command line utility, berkshelf dependency manager and test kitchen to validate my cookbooks.
- Worked on chef server management console and understanding and working knowledge on all different components of chef server, nodes, workstations.
- Have implemented chef provisioning for creation of on demand instances and instance infrastructure using the chef-client and bootstrapping using plugins against AWS EC2.
- Installed & configured Jenkins master that served 30 different slaves supporting 9 different applications with various release life cycles and multiple CI pipelines setup on project branches.
- Administering Jenkins and secured Jenkins with role-based access controls and matrix-based project access.
- Setup all different kinds of projects in Jenkins ranging from software to maven style projects and matrix-based projects
- Experience in Jenkins monitoring external jobs, distributed builds and plugin management.
- Leveraged several Jenkins plugins to automate tasks like code coverage, metrics, aws-ec2 plugin, and job creation.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, and GitHub and AWS.
- Administration and maintenance of Docker runtime environment, Versioning and lifecycle management of Docker images, Experienced in Docker orchestration framework.