- Over 8 years of experience in IT industry and expertise as Linux Administrator, build engineer and Release Management, Automating Software Configuration Management (SCM), Deploying Applications through Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) and Managing Cloud Services.
- Expert in various Azure services like Compute ( Web Roles, Worker Roles), Caching, Azure SQL , NoSQL , Storage , and Network services , Azure Active Directory (AD), API Management, Scheduling , Azure AutoScaling , and PowerShell Automation .
- Experienced in configuring Cloud platform such as Virtual Networks Multi - site, Cross-site, VMs, Azure AD, Load Balancers, Azure SQL, Cloud Services, etc.
- Experienced in Amazon Web Services(AWS) cloud platform and services like Lambda, DynamoDB, EBS, ELB, AMI, Elastic Beanstalk, CloudFront, CloudWatch, OpsWork SNS, Glacier, Auto-Scaling, IAM, Route53, EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, VPN, Security-Groups, , and through AWS management console.
- Experience in Designing and distribution of Data across all the nodes and Clusters on different availability zones in AWS Redshift and Scaling Amazon RDS, MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra DB, PostgreSQL, Instances Vertically and Horizontally for High Availability.
- Building a Web application to track moving vehicle from received images by drone in real time using AWS EC2 Ubuntu instance and S3 Bucket to store and access images remotely using Python Flask Framework with boto3 API .
- Experience with AWS instances spanning across Development, Test and Pre-production and Cloud Automation through Open Source DevOps tools like Chef, Jenkins & Docker.
- Responsible for OpenStack project core infrastructure including code review, continuous integration systems, and developer tools and OpenStack Multi-Node Installation, Configuration and Administration.
- Experienced in Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) on Azure VM’s to manage the containers created by PCF. Used Docker for deployment containers and push the code to Azure Cloud.
- Extensive experience in writing Ansible playbooks and Modules to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes and experience in working with GIT to store the code and integrated it to Ansible Tower to deploy the playbook.
- Experience using Ansible Tower, which provides an easy-to-use dashboard, and role-based access control, so that it's easier to allow individual teams access to use Ansible for their deployments.
- Experienced in working on puppet and chef, Databags implementation, Coding standards, Cookbook documents, Testing docs, chef Infra, bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading Chef Recipes, Chef Node convergence in Chef SCM.
- Experience in Developing Chef Cookbooks, recipes, roles and data bags to automate the services related to deployment. Designed and implemented fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by using Ansible playbooks and Modules.
- Expertise in deployment of a Dockerized RabbitMQ in OpenShift so that we might use the auto-scaling capabilities of OpenShift with a Rabbit MQ cluster.
- Expertise in using Docker and setting up ELK with Docker and Docker-Compose. Actively involved in deployments on Docker using Kubernetes.
- Experience in Jenkins pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Expertise in Terraform for building, changing, versioning infrastructure and collaborate the automation of AWS Infrastructure via Terraform and Jenkins.
- Experience in writing Jenkins Pipeline Groovy Scripts for Continuous Integration and build workflows and Used Jenkins uploading Artifacts into Nexus Repository and Automated various day-to-day administration task by developing Bash, Ruby, JSON, Perl, PowerShell and Python Scripts.
- Experience in Administration/Maintenance of Source Control Management Systems, such as SubVersion (SVN), Perforce, TFS, GIT and Knowledge of Clear Case.
- Experience in installation and management of network related services like TCP/IP, FTP, SSH, DNS, TELENT, HTTP, HTTPS, LOAD BALANCING, VPN, FIREWALL, SUBNETS, SMTP, CDN.
- Experience working with Adobe AEM for web content management to manage social media and web content for a project.
- Experience in Installing, Configuring, Managing the Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios, ELK and New Relic for Resource Monitoring/Network/Monitoring.
- Hands on experience in creating analytical matrices reports, dash boards for release services based on JIRA tickets
- Expert in trouble shooting Linux Servers, resolving boot issues and maintenance of server issues using rescue mode and single user mode and involving in building new Linux Physical and Virtual servers using kickstart and PXE boot.
- Experience in internet information service and hands on experience with WebSphere, JBoss and WebLogic deployments.
- Responsible for configuring and connection to SSH through SSH clients like Putty Remotely coping files using SFTP, FTP, SCP, WinScp, and FileZilla.
Cloud platforms: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Openstack, PCF.
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Mesos.
Virtualization Platforms: Oracle VM Virtual Box, Vagrant, Hyper-V and VMware
Application/Web Servers: Amazon AWS, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, VMware
Scripting Languages: Perl, Python, Ruby, Bash/Shell Scripting, PowerShell, YAML, PHP, JSON.
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, Gradle.
Configuration Management tool: Ansible, chef, puppet. continuous Integration tools: Bamboo, Hudson, Jenkins
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows, Solaris, Ubuntu
Logging & Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Cloudwatch, ELK, Dynatrace
Databases: MS Access, MS SQL Server, Oracle 8/10.0, Mango DB, DynamoDB
Networking: TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, SMTP, Ethernet, NFS, LDAP.
Issue Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, Clear Quest, I-Track
Confidential, Bethesda, Maryland
Sr. Cloud Engineer
- Migrating the existing v1 (Classic) Azure infrastructure into v2 ( ARM ), scripting and templating the whole end to end process as much as possible so that it is customizable for each area being migrated.
- Configured Azure VPN-Point to Site , Virtual networks, Azure Custom security, Endpoint security and firewall, Designed and configured Azure Virtual Networks (VNets), subnets , Azure network settings, DHCP address blocks , DNS settings, security policies and routing.
- Provided high availability for IaaS VMs and PaaS role instances for access from other services in the VNets with Azure Internal Load Balancer .
- Used Azure OMS & Power BI for visualizing the activities. Worked on Azure App Insights, Alerts and Log Analytics for Monitoring as part of OMS.
- Ensured successful architecture and deployment of enterprise grade PaaS solutions using Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) as well as proper operation during initial application migration and set new development.
- Expertise in configuring Pivotal Cloud Foundry ( PCF ) components OAuth2 server and, Cloud Controller, nsync, BBS, Cell Rep, Blobstore, Diego Cell.
- Converted existing Terraform modules that had version conflicts to utilize cloud formation during Terraform deployments to enable more control or missing capabilities.
- Deployed web applications into different application servers using Jenkins and implemented Automated Application Deployment using Ansible.
- Written Chef Cookbooks, recipes to automate installation of Middleware Infrastructure like Apache tomcat, JDK, and configuration tasks for new environments etc.
- Worked on Chef where in wrote code on workstations using Knife to interact with server and setting up Chef Infra, bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading recipes, node convergence in Chef SCM.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and Dev-environments needs and configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Worked on infrastructure with Docker containerization. Collaborated with development support teams to setup a continuous delivery environment with the use of Docker .
- Configured and setup Kubernetes Cluster environment with master and Nodes. Managed local deployments in Kubernetes using mini kube, creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Maven to schedule the builds. Took the sole responsibility to maintain the CI Jenkins server.
- Responsible to setup Jenkins server and build jobs to provide continuous automated builds based on polling and post-hook scripts in source control systems like GIT .
- Artifacts generated by Jenkins & configured jobs with the Maven for various deployments of Managed JAVA/J2EE enterprise applications in agile environment, automated solutions using Python &managed artifacts in NEXUS repository.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml and convertedbuild.xml into pom.xml to build the applications using MAVEN .
- Managed GIT repositories for branching, merging, and tagging. Configured GIT with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option and integrated to automate the code checkout process.
- Configuring and managing an ELK stack, set up the Elasticsearch ELK Stack to collect, search and analyze log files from across the servers and Evaluated system logs using ELK software stack.
- Monitoring SPLUNK authentication and permission for supporting large scale SPLUNK deployments. Used JIRA for bug tracking, issue tracking and project management.
- Communicated status of WCF Active Directory integration project to project stakeholders.
- Using Python , Perl and Shell scripts for automation and monitoring, the administrative tasks and management using CronJobs.
- PowerShell scripting for Automation - Creating VM's, Virtual Networking, VPN, Key Vault, Load balancer and Disk Encryption.
- Automated Test cases and Steps by using concepts Overloaded Function, Variable, Array (single and multi-dimensional) and conditional logic to make script more logical and Debug Java Script .
- Worked in creating, cloning Linux Virtual Machines, templates using VMware and migrating servers between ESX hosts using VMotion and installed Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
Environment: VMware, Azure, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Elasticsearch, Logstash & Kibana (ELK), Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Maven, Jenkins, Terraform, Python, Ruby, Shell, TFS, JIRA, Splunk, Oracle, WebLogic Server 11g, Apache Tomcat, Docker, Kubernetes, VMware, Apache HTTP server, Nginx, JSON, Nexus, Java, .Net, LDAP, JDK1.7, GitHub.
Confidential, Chicago - Illinois
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services. Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2; auto-scaling; and VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts, and can quickly evolve during development iterations.
- Design AWS CloudFormation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates and used Terraform in AWS Virtual Private Cloud to automatically setup and modify settings by interfacing with control layer.
- Worked on functions in Lambda that aggregates the data from incoming events, and then stored result data in Amazon DynamoDB. Wrote Terraform templates for AWS Infrastructure as a code to build staging, production environments & set up build & automations for Jenkins.
- Encrypted EBS volumes via KMS (key management service) to monitor create alarms & notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch . Involved in configuring S3 versioning & life cycle policies to backup & archive files in Glacier and using Amazon S3 for database backup regularly and save snapshots of data.
- Configured relational & non-relational databases like Cassandra, MongoDB. Implemented service layer on top of Cassandra using Restful API.
- Responsible for OpenStack project core infrastructure including code review, continuous integration systems, and developer tools and OpenStack Multi-Node Installation, Configuration and Administration.
- Integrated OpenStack Grizzly with OpenSwitch to create software defined Networking tenant and service provider’s network and routers.
- Written several Chef Cookbooks & recipes to automate the installation of Web Logic domain & JDK installations & have customized recipes from Chef Supermarket to align with current requirements.
- Written multiple cookbooks in Chef to automate the environment provisioning, Middleware Infrastructure Installations. Implemented environments, roles, data-bags in Chef for better environment management.
- Worked on Ansible to configure the servers, deploy software, and orchestrate continuous deployments or zero downtime rolling updates.
- Creating Ansible roles using YAML such as tasks, variables, files, handlers, templates and writing playbook for that role. Managed a PaaS for deployments using Docker, Ansible and Mesos, which reduced considerably deployment risks.
- Planned the architecture for migrating applications from bare metal and AWS to OpenShift. I have done few Upgrades and scaled OpenShift environment.
- Created Docker containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating Docker containers from scratch
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker, on GCP. Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploys.
- Integrated Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments. (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Used Chef to deployed and configured Elastic search, Log stash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch.
- Used Jenkins API to query the Jenkins server state and change configuration and automate tasks on nodes and jobs and used Maven as build tool on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Managed central repositories & implemented with GIT to host GIT central repositories for source code across products, facilitate code reviews & login audits for Security Compliance.
- Used JIRA tracking tools for tracking defects and changes for Change management.
- Created and maintain build automation shell, manage building fixes, merges, release cuts as needed, written scripts for environment changes in Bash, Perl and Python for Web-sphere mapping modules to the enterprise application.
- Installed and configured AEM 6.0 instance and developed Templates, Components, Dialogs, Widgets which are the building blocks for a page.
- Implemented the monitoring tools like Nagios 3.0 to monitor services like CPU, Hard Drive, Memory, Users, HTTP and SSH etc.
- Worked with Network Protocols like TCP, SMTP, DNS, HTTP, and SNMP. Troubleshooting Linux network, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as IPtables, firewall, TCP wrappers, NMAP.
Environment: Amazon Web Services(AWS), OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven, GIT, AEM, Splunk, Nagios, Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana (ELK), Java, .Net, JIRA, WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, MongoDB, Linux/RHEL, Vagrant, Active Directory, LDAP, VMware Servers, Windows, PowerShell, Ruby, YAML, Shell, Bash, Python.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Worked in designing and deploying AWS Solutions using EC2, S3, EBS, Elastic Load balancer (ELB), auto scaling groups.
- Leveraged AWS services such as code pipeline to create CI/CD pipeline and cloud watch and cloud trail to create Monitoring dashboards and network traffic logs.
- Design roles and groups using AWS identity and access management (IAM), and manage network using Security Groups, Network Access Control Lists with services provided by IAM.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Written multiple cookbooks in Chef to automate the environment provisioning, Middleware Infrastructure Installations. Implemented environments, roles, data bags in Chef for better environment management.
- Developed many roles and playbooks in Ansible and automated to build and deploy infrastructure using Ansible.
- Extensively worked on Ansible to configure the servers, deploy software, and orchestrate continuous deployments or zero downtime rolling updates
- Worked on the creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images and Dockers consoles for managing the application of life cycle.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins by installing, configuring and maintaining for Continuous integration(CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant to schedule the builds.
- Worked in all areas of Jenkins setting up CI for new branches, build automation, plugin management and securing Jenkins and setting up master/slave configurations.
- Worked on source control tools like GIT. Primarily used Ruby to write GIT applications as well as created and maintained GIT repositories also analyzing and resolving conflicts related to merging of source code to GIT.
- Created Splunk app for Enterprise Security to identify and address emerging security threats through the use of continuous monitoring, alerting and analytics. Work closely with Application Teams to create new Splunk dashboards for Operation teams.
- Responsible for authoring and editing Python scripts for automation purpose which enabled the QA testers to perform testing with a more reliable and faster performance.
- Administrated user and groups accounts setting permissions, web servers, file servers, firewalls and directory services.
- Installed a PHP based Linux kickstart solution that allows for the building of profiles based on IP address- this system allows for rapid installation of new Linux systems.
- Worked on handling tasks in Linux/Unix which include upgrading RPMS using YUM, kernel, HBA driver, configure SAN disks, Multipathing and LVM file system.
Environment: Amazon Web Services(AWS), Cloud Formation, Chef, Jenkins, Nginx, Nagios, Docker, Maven/ANT, PowerShell Scripting, Puppet Hiera, Puppet DB, Linux, VMWare Servers, Udeploy, Shell scripting, Bash, GIT/ SVN, Splunk, ELK, Apache Mesos, Linux/RHEL, Windows, Python, LVM, RPM’s.
Build and Release Engineer
- Worked along with developers & application teams to design DevOps process for orchestrating Test, Build, Release and Deployment.
- Provide the support of building the server, patching, user administration tasks, deployment, software installation, performance tuning and troubleshooting and KVM.
- Written Puppet modules for installation and configuration of various deployments on third party applications and knowledge on Vagrant and developed Puppet models for installing and managing java versions.
- Involved in Architect, Build and maintain Highly Available secure environment utilizing puppet with Bamboo for continuous integration.
- Automated Weekly releases with ANT scripting for Compiling Java Code, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository.
- Installed and administered Artifactory repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven and to store the dependent jars which are used during the build.
- Designing, Planning and Configuration of Continuous Integration/ Inspection Tools such SonarQube, Artifactory, Bamboo, SVN for full DevOps Stack setup
- Developed processes, tools, automation for Bamboo based software for build system & delivering SW Builds and Managed user authentication and authorization for the users in both Subversion & Perforce.
- Created the naming strategy for branches and labels and involved continuous integration system with SVN version control repository and continually build as the check-inn’s come from the developer.
- Building and Deploying Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process, troubleshooting the build and deploy failures.
- Configuring Bamboo set up, defining, scheduling jobs, invoking external scripts and external executable triggered from Bamboo at defined intervals.
- Worked on high-volume crash collecting and reporting system, built with Python. Performed dispatcher role to distribute tasks assigned to the onshore team.
- Configure Nagios for all the mission critical applications and using Nagios effectively for Application troubleshooting and monitoring post go lives.
- High exposure to REMEDY and JIRA tracking tools for tracking defects and changes for Change management.
- Administration of various flavors of Linux like RHEL, SLES, Centos and Unix servers (AIX) which included monitoring and troubleshooting of those servers in the day to day basis.
- Installing RedHat Linux using kickstart and applying security polices for hardening the server based on the company policies.
Environment: Agile, Linux, RHEL, SELS, AIX, SVN, Perforce, KVM, Puppet, Bash Scripting, Python, ANT, Bamboo, JBoss, SonarQube, Artifactory Application Servers, Windows, WebSphere Application Server, Python, Nagios, Splunk
Sr. Linux Administrator
- Installed configured, updated, upgraded and maintained Linux servers and perform the network configuration on RedHat, Centos OS and Applications.
- Created Linux Virtual Machines using VMware Virtual Center, creating VM Templates, and troubleshooting all Virtualization related issues. Migrated different projects from Perforce to SVN.
- Involved in setup and install configured Server and Boot Server using PXE booting for Kickstart process & performed Kickstart to install OS on Linux boxes.
- Installed, configured and managed Global File System (GFS) in Linux Servers, creating and managing Cluster suite using GFS and Administration and maintaining of VERITAS Cluster Server.
- Configured RedHat Satellite Server for patching and configuring Linux servers to update patches from the satellite server.
- Implementation & Managing of RAID levels like RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5 using Solaris Volume Manager
- Management of disks on Red Hat Linux Servers using LVM, creating volumes, file system and resizing volume, Volume Groups, Logical volumes, and Disk Mirroring.
- Basic Network configuration LAN/WAN and Monitoring & Troubleshooting. Configuring wireless Router, Switches, and router on Linux.
- Involved in running LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP) systems in agile quick scale cloud environment and Created Bash, shell, python scripts to monitor system resources and system maintenance.
- Adding servers to domain and managing the groups and user in Active Directory, installing and configuring send mail on RedHat Linux servers.
Environment: Linux, RedHat, CentOS, TCP/IP, SVN, .Net, Jenkins, Java, Apache Tomcat, SQL, Oracle, Agile, WebLogic, Subversion, Bash, Kickstart, VERITAS, LVM, SSH, Perforce.
Linux System Administrator
- Worked as a system administrator with concentration on supporting and expanding production environments, taking responsibility, and engaging in; IT operations, infrastructure design, implementation, monitoring, troubleshooting, consultation, vendor and project management.
- Deployed and administered Microsoft SQL Server in standalone and clustered environments.
- Managed, and supported Windows 7, Server 2008, Linux, VMware and Active Directory domain network in multi-locations.
- Installation, configuration and administration of Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere.
- Responsible for installing and configuring VMware setup and Worked on deployment of applications on VMware and VCenter.
- File system tuning, growing, and shrinking with VERITAS File system and LVM
- Installed and configured DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, UDP, FTP, NFS server and clients, Assigning IP addresses to client hosts, and performed Troubleshooting.
- Utilized KICKSTART, SSH, FTP, AUTOFS, User Management, Disk Management and Swap Partition/Files management.
- Involved in complete Administration tasks on UNIX, RedHat Linux and Solaris and documentation for the projects executed.
- Worked with supporting 24x7 production computing environments and providing on-call and weekend support.
Environment: LVM, Kickstart, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, RIP, FTP, TFTP,NFS Terminal Services, SSH, SNMP, SMTP, NFS, NIS, Microsoft Windows, Linux, VMware workstation, virtual box, Red Hat.