- Overall 9 years of experience in Information Technology as a System admin and solution based IT services for Linux and Windows Systems.
- Experience with the use of the Various AWS services which includes IAM, S3, Cloud Front, EC2, EBS, AMI, ELB, Cloud Watch, VPC, Auto Scaling, SQS, SNS, ELB and EFS .
- Automated the tasks by writing the shell scripts, Python and PowerShell to automate.
- Supported the implementation of the Continuous Integration, DevOps, Release Management and Environment Management.
- Evaluate various Builds / Continuous Integration / Continuous delivery and DevOps tools and process.
- Designed and implemented Software configuration management ( SCM ) and change management (CM) solution using TFS, Rational Clear Case, Jira, Clear Quest (Change Control tool).
- Responsible for training all employees on the use of Rational Clear Case Remote Client tools, Subversion (SVN), TFS .
- Involved in Customization of Work Items, Transition Matrix in TFS, Clear Quest .
- Worked in integrating TFS with Visual Studio 2005 & 2008 .
- Good exposure in administering version control systems to create daily backups and checkpoint files.
- Managed continuous integration environment using Team City.
- Experience in managing the large Cloud infrastructure, server provisioning through various automation tools like Chef, Puppet and Ansible .
- Working knowledge on writing the Chef Recipes for the deployment and re - used the same Recipes to deploy on the different platform.
- Written cookbooks in chef to automate the environment provisioning and implemented Roles, Data bags, environments in chef for environment management.
- Experienced in building and maintaining Docker infrastructure for SOA applications in agile environment.
- Deployed Docker Engines in Virtualized Platforms for containerization of multiple of multiple apps.
- Knowledge on leveraging the Amazon Web Services through AWS console and API Integration.
- Extensively worked on the Jenkins/Hudson/Bamboo/Docker by installing and configuring for End to End automation of builds and deployments.
- Worked with EC2 Container service plugin in Jenkins which automates the master-slave configuration by creating the temporary slaves.
- Managing virtual machine using VMware, AWS.
- Configured the NAGIOS monitoring system to the production server environment.
- Collaborated with the development team to setup the continuous delivery environment using Docker.
- Designed high-availability, fault tolerance and cost -effective systems using multiple EC2 instances, Load Balancers and AMI’s.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version control and source code management tools like GIT, GitLab, SVN on Linux and Windows Platform .
- Experience worked on the built tools like Maven, Ant .
- Hands on experience in various web servers like Apache Tomcat, Nginx .
- Working experience with databases like SQL and ORACLE .
- Excellent knowledge in working with agile environment and have a good understanding of SDLC.
- Excellent communication skills and extensive documentation experience.
SCM Tools: GIT, GIT Hub, GIT Lab, TFS
Build Tools: Maven, Ant and MS Build
Platforms: RHEL 4.0, Ubuntu, Fedora, Windows
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, AnthilPro
DevOps tools: Docker, Vagrant, Chef, Ansible
Tracking tool: JIRA, Junit, NUnit, Bugzilla
SDLC: Agile, Scrum Methodologies, Waterfall
Servers: JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, IBM Web sphereRepositories: JFROG Artifactory, Nexus
Project Management Tools: Atlassian Tools, Base Camp, MS Project, MS Share point
Scripting: Bash Shell, Python, Ruby Script, Power shell
Database System: SQL Server, Oracle 9i/10g
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Sr. DevOps/ AWS Engineer
- Extensively worked on the AWS Ec2 cloud services for installing, configuring and troubleshooting on Amazon Images like RedHat, Ubuntu and Windows.
- Managed and created Tomcat instances and deployed the test applications in EC2 instances in QA environment.
- Implemented the various services like VPC, Auto Scaling, S3, Cloud Watch, EC2.
- Worked with the different instances of EC2, AMI’s creation, managing the volumes and configuring the security groups.
- Worked with the AWS S3 services in creating the buckets and configuring them with the logging, tagging and versioning.
- Worked on the Cloud Watch to monitor the performance environment instances for operational and performance metrics during the load testing.
- Created the trigger points and alarms in Cloud Watch based on thresholds and monitored logs via metric filters.
- Knowledge on the Auto Scaling launch configuration and creating the groups with reusable instance templates for Automated Provisioning on demand on based on capacity requirements.
- Worked on the IAM service and creating the users & groups defining the policies and roles and Identify providers.
- Experience in architecting and configuring secure VPC through private and public networks in AWS.
- Worked on the Chef server management console and understanding on various components of nodes, chef server and workstations.
- Written different cookbooks with multiple recipes to achieve the automation for the middleware installation, deployment activities and Environment readiness.
- Utilized the different components of cookbooks like resources, templates, attributes, recipes and libraries.
- Worked on administering the Jenkins with the role based access controls and matrix based project access.
- Worked on Jenkins plugins to automate tasks like code coverage, metrics, job creation and aws-ec2.
- Worked on the MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process and managed the repository using the Nexus tool and share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Automated the web application testing with Jenkins and Selenium.
- Installed and configured the code rules, keys of SonarQube for code analysis and created of Sonar Qube dash boards depends on the team roles to monitor.
- Experience in docker Automation tools and builds, and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Using the docker file containers has run for the MongoDB and linking it with new container which will be the client container to access the data.
- Worked on the docker network for setting up the private network and linking it to the container when it is spin up.
- Automated the deployment and replication of containers and scale in of the containers in the fly and worked on the docker swarm for the build-in orchestration.
Environment: s: EC2, S3, VPC, IAM, Chef, Docker, Jenkins, Cloud Watch, Maven, Apache Tomcat, Nagios, GIT, JIRA, Shell, New Relic, Red Hat Linux.
Confidential, Plymouth, MN
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Major responsibilities include the Build and the deployment of java applications into various environments Dev, INT and QA.
- Created the master and slave build by installing the Jenkins on the Linux Machine and configured the parallel builds.
- Designed and developed Jenkins build deployments.
- Build scripts using the MAVEN and ANT build tools in the Jenkins to move to various environment.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of any changes or errors in the project environments.
- Repository management in Maven to share snapshots and releases of internal projects using Nexus tool.
- Installed and upgrade of Chef-Client and make sure of servers are getting converge with the Chef-server.
- Work station setup for knife plugin and establish the connectivity between Chef Server and workstation.
- Pushed the Chef-cookbook, roles and data bags on chef-server using knife plugin and executing it on node.
- Installed Hosted Chef Supermarket which stores and shares the Cookbooks developed in the organization.
- Implemented auto builds on QA and Dev servers on our node server environment by configuring in config. cookbook modules.
- Bootstrap the node in Cloud using knife and add them to required Environment.
- Tested the recipes on our local machine and configured the Vagrant on Linux and Windows.
- Assist the developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labelling conventions using GIT source control.
- Merged release branches to the trunk after the production release and resolved the conflicts raised during the merge and implemented it.
- Deployed of build artifacts like wars and ears into WebLogic app server by integrating the WLST scripts to Shell Scripts.
- Maintained the Linux environments for deployments and Implemented Configuration management, Change Management policies and Procedures.
- Created and maintained the Shell and Perl deployment scripts for Web Logic web application Servers.
Environment: RHEL 6.x, Ubuntu, MAVEN, Chef, Puppet, Nexus, Jenkins, Splunk, Ansible, IAM, VPC, ELB, Cloud Watch, Bash Shell, JIRA, GIT.
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
- Designed CI/CD process in the context of a Jenkins orchestration, including the usage of automated build, test/QA and deployment tools.
- Configured the jobs and pipelines using Jenkins and troubleshooted the Build failures and Test failures.
- Write the python scripts to automate projects in Jenkins and then stored the resulted build in JFROG Artifactory storage repository as part of release process.
- Worked with the developers and assist them in the GIT Issues and solved the conflicts related the source code merge to the master repo.
- Integrated GIT with the Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Worked closely with the developers to pinpoint and provide early warnings of common build failures.
- Build Results are managed in Jenkins and deployed applications using post build activity.
- Troubleshoot and resolved Build failures due to infrastructure issues reduced.
- Setting up Build environment across different applications using Maven.
- Proposed and implemented the branching strategy suitable for agile development in GIT.
- Managed the release Communication and Co-ordination Process.
- Experience in creating the Test Automation scripts pertaining to Agile-based Continuous Integration environments.
- Written scripts for Deployment automation and day-to-day complex tasks.
- Created and configured multiple instances on Tomcat Server for different teams.
- Worked with the development team and gather the requirement for the new application build process as well as deployment.
- Worked on the SCM Patch which will check the code after the commit for any issues and pushed it to the dashboard.
Environment: Maven, Chef, Git, Rundeck, Jenkins, Tomcat, Shell, JFROG Artifactory, Python and JIRA
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Configured pipeline jobs in Jenkins for the technology specific Apps for the standardization of build process
- Written shell scripts and Windows commands for the automation of the build jobs
- Handled dependency management by using Enterprise Artifactory repositories
- Part of the team which worked in creating Repos and handling the enterprise Artifactory security and admin
- Worked in moving all the third-party dependencies to enterprise Artifactory for the app dependencies
- Part of the Artifactory admin team. Worked in setting up security and role based accesses to the Repositories
- Worked with App teams and configured the jobs as per the requirements
- Worked on the parameterized build jobs Gradle and Maven build jobs
- Creation of Jira projects and Confluence workspaces across different instances
- Creating different type of mail-in functionality to the Jira projects and workflows for the Jira Projects
- Coordinating and tracking all projects for seamless releases using Project Management System JIRA, Source Code Management System GitHub and Document Management System SharePoint
- Improved throughput and efficiency of build system by providing EO/managers rights to trigger required build
- Managed infrastructure resources in cloud architecture with close coordination with various functional teams
- Experience in resolving Build failures due to infrastructure issues reduced by 95% stabilizing the build process
- Worked in scripting languages Shell and Python
- Worked with different scanning plugins like SonarQube and Fortify
Environment: Linux, Java, Eclipse, Maven, Jenkins, JBOSS Application Server, GIT, JIRA, Fortify, SonarQube, Artifactory.
- Implemented Hudson with Subversion for Continuous integration environment.
- Responsible for Co-ordinate with Development group and testing teams and Responsible for Branching and Merging of code.
- Administrated and integrated with the Version Control Systems like Subversion and Git with Hudson.
- Developed Maven and Ant scripts to automate the compilation, deployment and testing of Web and J2EE applications.
- Maintained the Subversion repositories on Windows and supported the issues.
- Managed the maven artifacts using Nexus repository.
- Communicated with all levels of engineering, management, development and test teams.
- Provided deployment support for several releases in finance and corporate business area.
- Provided project metrics and dashboards to program management.
- Created Risk and mitigation plans as needed on ongoing basis.
- Tweaked and managed the builds by editing build.xml for change in the requirements.
- Managed and performed the environment related configuration changes as a part of deployment.
- Deployed the archives to WebLogic Application Servers.
- Documented the entire build and release process and provided support.
Environment: GIT, Nexus, Maven, Sonar Qube, Jenkins, J2EE, Linux, Tomcat, Python, Shell, Nagios.
- Installation of patches and packages using RPM and YUM in Red hat LINUX.
- Created and modified users and groups with SUDO permission.
- Creation of Logical Volume Manager (LVM) for LINUX operating systems.
- Worked with DBA team for database performance issues, network related issues on LINUX Servers.
- Responsible for writing/modifying scripts using sh, ksh, and bash for day-to- day administration.
- Created and modified application related objects, created Profiles, users, roles and maintained system security.
- Daily tasks such as taking data backups, cleaning junk content and updating software
- Troubleshoot, repair, install and upgrade software and hardware on Unix/LINUX based systems
- Quickly resolve all IP network issues to reduce waste and downtime while also ensuring client Service Level Agreements
- Coordinating with 24 x 7 on-call support personnel in debugging
- Installed and configured Apache / Tomcat web server
- Responsible for setting up cron jobs scripts on production servers.
- Involved in design, configuration, installation, implementation, management, maintain and
- Modified Kernel parameters to improve the server performance in LINUX
Environment: Red Hat LINUX (RHEL 4/5), Logical Volume Manager, Global File System, Red Hat Cluster Servers, Oracle, MySQL, DNS, NIS, NFS, Apache, Tomcat.