- Around 7 plus Years of experience in IT industry comprising of Cloud Computing, DevOps Engineering, Linux Systems Administration, VMware, and Amazon Web Services (AWS), with 2 years of experience in Amazon Web Services including migrating infrastructure to AWS cloud and maintenance of production web infrastructure.
- Expertise in every phase of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), Experience as a Build and Release Engineer in automating, building, deploying, and release of code from one environment to other environment.
- Efficient in setting up DevOps Automation and Continuous Integration including designing of automated build systems for work set of enterprise applications on UNIX or Windows environment.
- Strong expertise on Dev - Ops concepts like Collaboration, Automation, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Continuous monitoring.
- Experience in installation, support, configuration, and maintenance of RedHat Linux, Sun Solaris, and windows 2003/2008 servers.
- Expertise on using Amazon AWS API tools like Linux Command line, puppet integrated AWS API tools.
- Good experience on Amazon AWS IAM Service: IAM Policies, Roles, Users, Groups, AWS Access Keys, and MFA.
- Hands on experience in AWS provisioning of AWS services like EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB, RDS, Autoscaling groups, Cloud Formation, Opsworks, SNS, and SQS.
- Proficient with Vagrant & Docker-based container deployments to create shelf environments for dev teams and containerization of environment delivery for releases
- Experience working on Docker hub, creating Docker images, and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Extensively worked with CI/CD tools like, Jenkins, Hudson, and Bamboo to implement the End to End Automation.
- Extensively experienced in using Build Automation tools like ANT, Maven, Gradle and working knowledge on other build tools like Make file.
- Worked in SCM tools - Chef and Puppet and Ansible for Deployment on Multiple platforms.
- Experience with Setting up Chef Infrastructure, Chef-repo, and Boot strapping chef nodes.
- Experience in writing Chef cookbooks and recipes to automate middleware installations, domain creations and deployment activities.
- Worked on Puppet for the deployment of servers with custom scripts. Deployed Puppet for configuration management to existing Infrastructure.
- Excellent understanding of source-code management principles and systems, particularly GIT. In-depth knowledge of computer applications and scripting like Shell, Python.
- Experience in working on version control systems like ADE, GIT, Perforce and SVN(Subversion) and used Source code management client tools GitHub and Git GUI and other command line applications etc.
- Installed, Configured and Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios and App Dynamics for Resource Monitoring, Network Monitoring, Log Trace Monitoring.
- Experience in working with virtualization technologies like VMware in building and configuring Linux, windows servers as a part of cost effective solutions.
- Extensive working knowledge on automation for deployment/ configuration of different Application servers like WebSphere, WebLogic and Web Servers like Apache, Tomcat etc.
- Troubleshoot and debug web and application servers for system and application issues.
- Managed environments like DEV, SIT, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance
- Supported multiple projects in DevOps based project implementation through Infrastructure Automation, Configuration Management, and Deployment Management and Test orchestration.
- Participated in on-call rotation to provide 24×7 technical support.
Database:: SQL & PL-SQL for PostgreSQL, and Oracle
Version Control: SVN, GIT, Bitbucket
Continuous Integration: Hudson, Team city, Jenkins, Bamboo
Deployment: Puppet, Shell, HP PPM, Chef, Ansible
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle, Make
Scripting: Unix Shell and Ruby, Python, PowerShell
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios and App Dynamics
Release Orchestration: Ansible, Puppet, Chef
Operating System: Windows 7/Vista/NT/XP, Unix/Linux.
Application Servers: JBoss 6.x/5.x, IBM Web sphere application server, Apache Tomcat
Confidential, Greenville, SC
- Designed and managed build and Release cycle activities in Agile Methodologies.
- Deployed code to different environments DEV, SIT, QA, PROD.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion Repositories and the access control strategies.
- Utilized Configuration Management Tool Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations
- Managed SVN repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Performed SVN to GIT migration with careful analysis and migrated all branches, tags, along with commit history using GIT -SVN utility.
- Installed and Configured Jenkins for Continuous Integration and performed continuous deployments with push button operation.
- Integrated with Sonar Qube reporting dashboard to run analysis for every project.
- Created end to end automation of Continuous Deployment and Configuration Management in Deploy.
- Develop multiple CHEF cookbooks and recipes and Roles to automate the deployment of the applications to different Prod/Perf/QA Environments and for Auto scaling by monitoring the Load on stacks.
- Troubleshooting communication issues with CHEF client nodes and CHEF servers.
- Configured and integrated the servers for different environments to automatically provision and configuration management of Linux instances using CM/ Provisioning tool CHEF, Puppet, Ansible on AWS.
- Build and configure a virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Experience in creating life cycle process in AWS.
- Monitoring and application analysis utilizing Nagios, App Dynamics.
- Used MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process
- Maintained artifacts storage under snapshots, application releases in Nexus repository management.
- Worked with development, testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure, and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems
- Supported and developed tools for integration, automated testing, and release management.
- Share in after-hours rotation as a primary and/or secondary on-call, as well as in general support of the Team as needed.
- Worked Closely with Technology Change Control Board (TCCB) on Change Management process adherence
- Performs primary validation of the applications and Identify, troubleshoot the issues on daily deployments.
- Performed lot of POC's (proof of concept) for different features of the application to achieve best results.
Environment: Subversion, GIT, Deploy, Java/J2EE, Maven, Jenkins, Python, Linux, WebSphere, JIRA, Chef, Aws, Ansible, Docker, Nagios.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Installed and configured RHEL 6.x and CentOS on VMware Esxi hosts.
- Configured bare metal VMware Esxi hosts on top a Physical server.
- Created Amazon EC2 instances using command line calls and troubleshoot the common problems with instances and monitor the health of Amazon EC2 instances and other AWS services
- Configured Docker and created different containers to run different application instances for DEV and PROD environment.
- Configured Puppet Master and Clients in Amazon Web Services to host Ubuntu servers and configured High Availability web servers in Aws.
- Built, configured and administered Jenkins Continuous Integration tool on Linux machines along with adding/updating plugins such as SVN, GIT, Maven, ANT, and Puppet.
- Installed, configured, and supported Puppet to create and enforce standardization across environments.
- Worked on Management of Puppet automation tool including installation of Puppet agent on client.
- Worked on Puppet extensively for deployment for servers, creating on custom scripts and managing changes through Puppet master server on its clients.
- Configured Puppet Server for monitoring and installing Puppet Agents in multiple Perform automated user management, installation and configuration of numerous services and backup-using Puppet.
- Designed Puppet Modules to manage configurations and automate installation process.
- Developed automation scripting in Python using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Managed user and database on the MySQL database granting distinct levels of permissions.
- Install/configure/maintain the Linux servers, NIS, DNS, NFS, Mailing List, Send mail, apache, ftp, sshd.
- Extensively involved in writing scripts on Bash, Shell and Ruby and Installing and configurating of Web Apache Server.
- Monitoring of the system using Nagios and worked on installation or update of patch software's, firmware, and security patches for all applications in installed infrastructure via RedHat network.
- Performed Memory, CPU and Apache process tuning and reconfigured Apache server in httpd.conf
- Used JIRA as ticket tracking, change management and Agile/SCRUM tool.
Environment: RedHat Linux, CentOS, AWS, Docker, Jenkins, SVN, Nagios, Jira, Maven, Apache, Puppet, AD, DNS, FTP, NFS, MySQL, GIT, Logical Volume Manger for Linux and AIX, VMware ESX Server, Apache
DevOps / Build & Release Engineer
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involved environments like Development, INT, QA, UAT and Production.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion support for different projects.
- Responsible for Branching and merging the code as per the schedule.
- Perform biweekly build cycle and testing processes.
- Used ANT and artifacts on the source code.
- Installed and Configured Continuum jobs for automating some build Processes.
- Installed and Configured Nexus to manage the artifacts in different Repositories.
- Configured and automated the Jenkins Build jobs for Continuous Integration.
- Used Apache Tomcat as application server for deploying the artifacts.
- Developed UNIX and Perl Scripts for manual deployment of the code to the different environments and E-mail the team when the build is completed.
- Designed and implemented Subversion metadata including elements, labels, triggers.
- Coordinated Release effort amongst various teams (Integration, QA, Testing, and Business Analysis) in geographically separated environment.
- Used Perl/Shell to automate build and deployment Process.
- Documented the deployment process (Migration Doc) of code to production.
Environment: Subversion, ANT, MAVEN, Java.J2EE, Hudson/Jenkins, Apache Tomcat, UNIX, JIRA, Perl Scripts, and Shell Scripts.
- Responsible for RHEL installation, configuration, and maintenance on both physical and virtual machines.
- Worked on Red hat Linux 5 and 6 for Web application servers and databases.
- Worked with user and group’s creation with sudo permissions.
- Worked on LVM and RAID as a part of volume management.
- Installed multiple machines easily by using Kick start and Jumpstart installation.
- Proven ability to automate server builds using kick start, management and configuration of system services using Puppet.
- User and group account creation on Linux and managing user ids and password.
- Worked with Oracle in creating database and logical domain after partitions and used Remedy Ticketing tool
- Configuring Yum and Rpm repositories in Red hat Linux.
- Writing and modifying shell scripts using Grep, Awk and Sed commands for day to day administration.
- Regularly checked for updates and patches in Linux servers.
- Regular monitor of system memory and swap space.
- Installed and configured Apache and supported on Linux production servers.
- Modification of kernel parameters for server performance.
- Extensively worked on Setup and configuration of LDAP servers for home directory location and authentication.
Environment: RHEL 5.x, 6.x, Kick start, iSCSI, Patching, SAN, Apache, VMware