- In depth knowledge of technology domains with 8+ Years of specialization in AWS and DevOps along with extensive experience in Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Configuration Management.
- Strong expertise in Infrastructure Development and Operations involving AWS Cloud platforms - EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, SQS, ELB, Auto Scaling, Route53, CloudFront, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, SNS.
- Created Cloud Infrastructure using AWS CloudFormation Templates and Terraforms.
- For Highly Available and Highly Elastic Applications Architected AWS Security Groups, Network Access Controls and configured Elastic Load Balancer.
- Good Experience in Application Software Development and Design, Object Oriented Design and Analysis (OOAD), Technical Documentation, Software Testing and Debugging.
- Implemented programmable infrastructure in Production, Dev and Pre Prod with Kubernetes.
- Access Management to users by creating custom policies and granting privileges to users and AWS services using IAM.
- Created Snapshots and Backup's in multiple AZ's for High Availability of Applications and Disaster Recovery.
- Extensively worked on DevOps tools such as Chef, Puppet and Docker for Configuration Management, Jenkins and Bamboo for CI/CD and Kubernetes for Orchestration and Containerization.
- Experience in working with Route53 Policies for Highly Available and Fault Tolerant Applications.
- Containerized Docker applications with Kubernetes Orchestration using AWS services.
- Experience using Kubernetes for Speedy Development and Continous Deployment.
- Explicitly worked with CloudWatch for Monitoring and SNS for Notifications of Applications.
- Worked on Kubernetes Clusters with Amazon Web services using KOPS.
- Implemented programmable infrastructure in Production, Dev, and Pre Prod with Kubernetes. To achieve Continuous Delivery goal on Highly Scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the Test and Dev Environments needs and configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Implemented Docker automation solution for Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery model.
- Dockerized applications by creating Docker images from Dockerfile.
- Involved in building own Paas with Docker, deployed various applications through Dockers containers
- Extensively worked on DevOps tools such as Chef, Puppet and Ansible for Configuration Management, Jenkins, Bamboo for CI/CD and Kubernetes, Docker for Orchestration and Containerization.
- Experience with automated CM and maintained a CI/CD pipeline, deployment tools such as Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Involved in setting up the CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, SVN, Git.
- Written Chef Cookbooks and Recipes for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration.
- Experience in managing virtual instances and disks using Puppet.
- Implemented Puppet modules to automate the installation and configuration for a broad range of services.
- Virtualized Applications in development stage using the Vagrant, Virtual Box and VMware.
- Experienced using Vagrant for Built and Maintenance of Virtual Environment.
- Monitored and Managed servers using Nagios, Splunk for Logs Monitoring.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for Continuous Integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and Deployment using various Tools like Jenkins, Bamboo.
- Experienced in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT and Subversion (SVN) on Linux platforms.
- Strong Integration, deployment and automation experience of application servers Apache Tomcat, Web Logic code through web application servers like Web Sphere/Web Logic/ Tomcat/ JBOSS across Linux platforms.
- Experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), quality management systems and project life cycle processes.
- Extensively used Shell Scripting for writing the Cron Jobs and Python for Custom Metrics.
- Automated the process of launching and terminating EC2 instances on Amazon AWS with BOTO.
- Involved in Scrum meetings, Product backlog and other Scrum activities and Artifacts in collaboration with the team.
AWS Services: EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, ALB, EBS, Glacier, CloudFormation, AMI, SNS, SQS, Elastic Beanstalk, CloudFront, CloudTrail, CloudHealth, ElasticCache, Trusted Advisor
Orchestration Tools: Kubernetes Infrastucture Tools Terraform, CloudFormation Configuration Management Tools Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker AWS 3rd Party Tools Packer, Pager Duty, Pingdom Monitoring Tools CloudWatch, Nagios, Splunk, Data Dog Build Tools ANT, Maven CI Tools Jenkins, Bamboo Bug Tracking Tool JIRA, Remedy Source Code Management GIT, Subversion(SVN) Repository Manager Nexus, Artifactory Virtualization Tools Vagrant, Vitual Box, VMWare Databases MySQL, Dynamo DB, Oracle Servers JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, TFS, Nginix, IIS Scripting Languages Ruby, Perl, YAML, Python, Bash Shell, JSON
Operating Systems: Linux (RHEL, Debain, CentOS), MacOS, Windows
Sr. AWS DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Manhattan, NY
- Created Cloud Infrastructure with CloudFormation Templates using JSON and YAML Scripting and Perl scripting for Custom Metrics in CloudWatch,
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2, Auto Scaling and VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) to build Secure, Highly Scalable and Highly Elastic architecture that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Maintained DNS records using Route53 to Improve Fault Tolerant Connections and using Load balancer, Security groups and NACLS.
- Provisioned EC2 Instances into AWS by using Terraform scripts to pull images from Packer.
- Created Secured Cloud infrastructure using (VPC) for Staging and Development environment on AWS.
- Created the Custom IAM permission policy by writing the JSON Code.
- For faster Upload of Large Objects into S3 Bucket used Multipart Upload.
- Granting permission to multiple accounts with conditions and adding Lifecycle Bucket policy to require MFA authentication.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring, alerting of production and corporate servers/ storage using CloudWatch.
- Deployed Single - tier applications on AWS Cloud using Elastic Beanstalk.
- Used CloudFront to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end servers.
- Migrated from Configuration Management Chef to Kubernetes for Quick and Continous Deployment of Applications.
- Created PODS, controlled scaling of PODS and troubleshooting through SSH.
- Implemented Kubernetes to manage Containerized applications using Nodes, Services and deployed application Containers as PODS.
- Used Jenkins Pipeline to drive all Microservices builds to Docker Registry and deployed to Kubernetes.
- Used Kubernetes to manage Docker containers with namespace versions.
- Constraining PODS to Nodes by using Label Selectors and Organizing Kubernetes Cluster Access using KubeConfig File.
- Working knowledge in developing applications using Struts and Spring frameworks on windows platform.
- Created Docker images using a Dockerfile, worked on Docker Container Snapshots, removing images and managing Docker.
- Customized and modified Docker base images from existing environment configurations and maintaining the image repo for development teams.
- Designed the project workflows/pipelines using Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into different Web/Application Servers.
- Built server automation with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment tools like Jenkins, Maven for build management system.
- Worked on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Built and Configured Jenkins Slaves for Parallel Execution.
- For Advance Billing metrics and Sec-Sec Monitoring have used Data Dog.
- Design and Maintainance of the Git, Stash Repositories, views and the access, used automated code Check-outs in Git and created branches.
- Used Nagois as Monitoring tool for Server API.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server Apache Tomcat, Oracle webLogic in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Used Git and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts like WAR or JAR files on the source code.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and Plug-ins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
Environment: AWS, RDS, ELB, EBS, VPC, EC2, S3, DNS, ROUTE53, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, DynamoDB, Glacier, Lambda, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Chef, Jenkins, Maven, JIRA, Tomcat, YAML, Perl, Shell, Python, GIT, Data Dog, Packer, My SQL, GIT.
Sr. AWS DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Used IAM to create and manage AWS users and groups, permissions to allow and deny their access to AWS resources
- Utilized Cloud Watch to monitor resources such as EC2, CPU Memory, Amazon RDS, Dynamo DB tables, EBS Volumes; to set alarms for notification or automated actions; and to monitor logs for a better understanding and operation of the system
- Provisioned Linux Servers on EC2 Instances for Dev, Pre Prod and Testing Environments.
- Migrating a production infrastructure into an Amazon Web Services utilizing AWS Cloud Formation, AWS Export/Import.
- Architected and support AWS Private Cloud implementation and configured all cloud services including AWS Direct Connect to On - Premise datacenter
- Developed Fault Tolerant, Highly Scalable and Secured Applications using Route 53.
- Implemented AWS Cloud Formation templates for infrastructure automation.
- Involved in periodic archiving and S3 storage of the source code and wrote policies to move to Glacier.
- Wrote Chef Cookbooks to bootstrap Chef Client and creation of VM's on cloud environments with the desired applications on the node
- Process to support the automation of builds, deployments, testing and infrastructure (infrastructure as Code) using Chef.
- Developed Chef Recipes to configure, deploy and maintain software components of existing infrastructure..
- Automated the cloud deployments using Chef, python (Boto & Fabric) and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Installed Jenkins Plug-in into Docker Containers for pulling artifacts from the Nexus Repo during Continous Integration.
- Reduced build and deployment times by designing and implementing Docker workflow.
- Configured Docker container for branching purposes.
- Automated the Applications and MySQL container deployment in Docker using Python and monitoring of these containers using Splunk
- Development of Splunk Queries to generate the Report and Notifications in Linux Servers and Monitoring the Traffic.
- Automated deployment of builds to different environments using Jenkins
- Used Python BOTO and Fabric for launching and deploying instances in AWS.
- Used Pingdom to test end point of application and for live feedback of application
- Configured Pager Duty with Escalation Policies to notify the Admin team for issues in Performance of Application Servers.
- Designed and developed configuration XML Schema for the application.
- Created scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Deployed applications on Apache Web server, Nginx and Application Servers such as Tomcat, Oracle web logic sever.
- The complete installation and hosting was automated with AWS cloud formation and Perl scripts.
- Worked on installing, updating and configuring various flavors of LINUX (RHEL, Debain and CentOS7).
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files POM.xml.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing NEXUS.
- Worked on the cloud-based diagramming software called Gliffy for creating different types of design documents required for the continuous integration process.
- Responsible for writing the Release Notes, documenting all the useful info about the release, software versions, changes implemented in current release, Defects fixed, Labels applied.
Environment: EC2, RDS, S3, IAM, VPC, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, SNS, EBS, Route 53, ELB, AMI, Elastic Bean Stack, Python BOTO, Dockers, Shell scripting, Linux, MySQL, Jira, Jenkins, Maven, GIT, Splunk.
AWS DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Design & Implemented VPC service for extension of customer's on - premises datacenter with AWS Cloud using AWS VPC and VPN, Direct Connect Services.
- Implemented Amazon Web Services (AWS) provisioning and working with AWS services like EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB (Load Balancers), RDS, SNS, SWF, and EBS.
- Configured S3 to host static web content, versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Amazon Glacier.
- Creating an AWS RDS MySQL DB cluster and connected to the database through an Amazon RDS MySQL DB Instance using the Amazon RDS Console.
- Deployed highly available applications using Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Created monitoring alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch, SNS.
- Utilized CloudWatch to monitor resources such as EC2, CPU Memory Utilization and Amazon EC2 to design high availability applications on cross availability zones.
- Enabled Continuous Delivery through Deployment into several environments of Test, QA, Stress and Production using Jenkins.
- Worked in the team that developed web Services using XML messages that use REST.
- Refined automation components with scripting and configuration management (Ansible).
- Implemented Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers. All servers types were fully defined in Ansible, so that a newly built server could be up and ready for production within 30 minutes OS installation.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS nodes and Tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Have run Ansible Scripts to Provide Dev Servers.
- Configured Security and System in Jenkins added multiple nodes to Jenkins and configured SSH for continuous deployments.
- Build the code Using Maven tool and moved builds into Git.
- Launched Java Applications on the servers like Tomcat.
- Analysed tracked Sprint Performance and Bug Tracking using the JIRA
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and lifecycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2 and custom Bash scripts.
- Configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using Nagios.
- Used Git as source code management tool: Creating local repo, Cloning the repo, Adding, Committing, Pushing the changes in the local repo, saving changes for later (Stash), Recovering files, Branching, Creating Tags, Viewing logs etc.
- Actively involved in architecture of DevOps platform and cloud solutions.
Environment: AWS EC2, S3, RDS, Glacier, ELB, CloudWatch, SNS, Ansible, Jenkins, Nagios, Jira, RHEL 6.X, Shell, Bash, Python, Tomcat, Git
AWS DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Dublin, OH
- Involved in designing and deploying a large application utilizing all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high availability, fault tolerance, and auto - scaling in AWS CloudFormation.
- Working on migration project of moving current applications in traditional datacenter to AWS by using AWS services.
- Launching AmazonEC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Installed application on AWS EC2 instances and configured the storage on S3 buckets.
- Managed IAM policies, providing access to different AWS resources, design and refine the workflows used to grant access.
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/ storage using AWS CloudWatch.
- Implemented GitLab for version control of Puppet modules and process documentation.
- Configured Apache web server in the Linux AWS Cloud environment using Puppet automation.
- Worked with working of Puppet Master and Puppet Agents. Defined Puppet Master and Puppet Agents to manage and configure nodes.
- Implemented Puppet Modules to install configure and maintain web servers like Apache Web Server, Nginx.
- Wrote Puppet Modules for installing and managing Java versions and managing persistent SSH tunnels.
- Developed Puppet Manifests using ruby for provisioning applications and scripts.
- Configured Nagios to monitor EC2 Linux instances with Puppet automation.
- Installed and configured Nagios monitoring system to monitor the production server environment.
- Managed artifacts generated Maven in the Nexus repository
- Created, maintained and administered GitHub and Subversion (SVN) repositories as source code managements.
- Configured Continuous Integration by setting up Build and test automation (ATDD) Jobs in Hudson/Jenkins by pointing to Orchestration and UI layer Repositories in GitHub/Subversion.
- Created end to end automation of Continuous Deployment and Continous Integration using Jenkins.
- Provisioned and configured Tomcat and Apache instances using Shell/Perl.
- Used Remedy Change Management and Bug Tracking to track the issues in all pre-production and production environments.
- Identify, troubleshoot the issues and validated the primary applications on daily deployments.
- Performed lot of POC's (proof of concept) for different features of the application to achieve best results.
Environment: AWS EC2, Route 53, S3, VPC, EMR, Auto scaling, ELB, Maven, Nexus, Puppet, Jenkins, Nagios, GIT, Shell Scripts, Perl, Unix/ Linux, Tomcat, Apache, Remedy.
Confidential, Chesterbrook, PA
- Used Chef and other configuration management tools to deploy consistent infrastructure code across multiple environments.
- Pushing of Chef - Cookbook, Roles, Databags on Chef-Server using knife plug-in and executing it on node.
- Experience writing Chef Cookbooks and recipes to automate the deployment process and to integrating Chef Cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for a continuous delivery framework.
- Written bash scripts to deploy the java based packages like ear and war on the Tomcat Application server.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production.
- Responsible for day to day Build and Deployments in pre-production and production environments.
- Coordinated with all the teams before and after the production deployments for the smooth production releases, publishing the Release notes for all the releases.
- Worked extensively on CVS, GIT and Perforce as Version Control tools.
- Connected CI system with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check- in's come from the developer.
- Automated the build and deployment process using Hudson and maintaining the Ant repository.
- Involved in editing the existing Ant files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Converted old builds using Maven to Ant and XML for doing Java build.
- Used Artifactory repository tool for maintaining the java based release code packages.
- Sending the Uptime and Downtime notifications to teams regarding Servers Status as a part of the DevOps Engineer role at the time of deploying the EAR and WAR package in Tomcat Admin Console.
- Written Shell scripts to apply the Integration label to all the files which needs manual labeling of files.
- Provided the assistance for the smooth phase of Release for the Emergency and Expedite Releases by getting the Director Level Approval and coordinating with different teams.
- Written Shell scripts to monitor the logs after deployments and send emails automatically.
Environment: Chef, Jenkins, Hudson, Maven, ANT, Git, Artifactory, Nagios, Jira, Shell Scripts, Tomcat, Linux/Unix.
Build and Release Engineer
- Developed Build and Deployment processes for Pre - production environments.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Used Source code repositories as SVN and managed Branching, Merging, and Tagging
- Overhauling the source code in SVN adding static code analysis tests like Coverity, Findbugs, pmd etc and configuring unit tests to run as part of builds.
- Setting up commit builds to check for compilation failures of checked-in source code by the developer to accelerate Continuous Integration.
- Assembly, deploy jobs to list the exact configuration of packages with all their dependencies, settings and deploying them to various environments for running tests.
- Establish CI/CD for trunk and branches to support parallel development.
- Developed Shell/Perl Scripts for automation purpose.
- Documented all build and release process related items. Level1 support for all the build and deploy issues encounter during the build process.
- Applied patches and packages on Linux servers using (rpm) RedHat Package Manager and Yum tools.
- Understanding of developing and testing enterprise products, with current focus on cloud based application and giving solution to challenges imposed by multi data center deployed SaaS products and their needs for DevOps tools and automation.
- Worked with product development to resolve build-related issues in all projects and provided support for Application issues
- Experience using web logic Admin, web logic, Deployer and weblogic server commands.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Python, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, Bash Scripting, Nexus, Jira, Apache Tomcat and UNIX/LINUX.