- Overall 8 years of rich experience on Build & Release Engineering, Test Automation, IT Monitoring, Business and Systems Analysis, Installation and Software Configuration Management, Linux/Unix Administration, DevOps Automation with OpenStack, AWS.
- Expertise in Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment, Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure and Build Automation.
- In - depth experience with OpenStack and Amazon Services like EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, CloudWatch, ElasticIP, RDS, SNS, SQS, IAM, VPC, CloudFormation, Route53 and managing its security groups.
- Proficient in tracing complex build problems, release issues and environment issues in a multi-component environment. Migrating a production infrastructure into an Amazon Web Services utilizing CloudFormation, CodeDeploy, EBS.
- Conducted systems design, feasibility and cost studies and recommend cost-effective cloud solutions such as AWS, Microsoft Azure.
- Worked on functions of build, deploy, automation test control, generating reports and notification services with an end goal of continuous integration in a data center and cloud (AWS and Google Cloud) environment.
- Firm grasp on Cloud Security, leveraging Linux and Windows operating systems, using the AWS console and CLI (command line interface).
- Hands-on experience in Azure Cloud Services (PaaS & IaaS), Storage, Web Apps, Active Directory, Application Insights, Logic Apps, Data Factory, Service Bus, Traffic Manager, Azure Monitoring, OMS, Key Vault, Visual Studio Online (VSO), Cognitive Services (LUIS) and SQL Azure.
- Experience with container based deployments using Docker, Docker images, DockerHub and Docker registries
- Used Bash and Python by including Boto3 to supplement automation provided by Ansible and for tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMIs and scheduling Lambda functions for routine AWS tasks.
- Expertise in creating Kubernetes HA clusters with Multi Zones in single region.
- Developed an end-to-end Continuous Integration Pipeline using Jenkins for enabling a containerized local control plane using Kubernetes & Docker.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins/Hudson/Bamboo/TeamCity by installing, configuring and maintaining for continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment.
- Experience in development and configuration management with software provisioning tools like Puppet, Chef and Ansible
- Extensive experience with Version Control tools like Rational Clear Case, Rational Team Concert (RTC)And GIT.
- Experience in deploying artifacts such as WAR and EAR using build automation tools like Ant, Maven and Gradle.
- Expertise in creating features, User Stories, tickets in Agile tools like Atlassian Jira, Rally
- Experience in Installation, Configuration and Management of RDBMS and NoSQL tools such as SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Excellent knowledge in industry standard software methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, Kanban.
- Strong comprehension of central advancements like DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, systems administration and security best practices.
- Provide monitoring for a large global LINUX and UNIX driven network of DNS resolvers as well as other core business equipment.
- Experience in using Bug tracking tools like JIRA, HP Quality Center, IBM ClearQuest.
- Performed integration of Code Quality Analysis Techniques like Check styles, finding Bugs with Jenkins.
- Expert in deploying the code through web application servers like WebSphere/Web Logic/ Apache Tomcat/JBOSS.
- Experienced in Production support of Apache and JBoss including installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting.
- Installed and Deployed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x/7.x, CentOS and installation of packages and patches for Red Hat Linux Servers.
- Designed and built cloud service models including Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Involved in preparing stored procedures, triggers, functions and packages in Oracle.
- Experienced in PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle and Redshift in constructing stored procedures, user-defined functions, triggers, indexes, relational and multidimensional database models, and data integrity.
- Experience in the areas of Virtualization with installation, support of VMware windows servers.
- Worked on Report Creation from TFS using SQL Server Reporting Services, Excel Reporting from Work Item Query and Share Point Dashboard.
- Experience in Installing and setting up of RAID hardware/software for data backup and storage. Highly experienced in creating new file systems, mounting file systems and unmounting file systems.
- Expertise in implementation and maintenance of Apache HTTP, SMTP, DHCP, NFS, NIS, NIS+, LDAP, DNS, SAMBA, SQUID, Postfix, send mail, FTP, Remote Access, Security Management Security trouble shooting skills. Deep understanding of Protocols like HTTP, DHCP, DNS, SSL/TLS
- Worked with the Architects on SDLC process being the owner of post development environments. Planning, scheduling and documenting releases at code Freeze Periods.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills, and a hard-working team player.
- Monitoring the servers using tools like BlueMedora and Nagios and providing 24x7 on call support rotation basis.
- A good team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to rapidly learning new concepts. Quickly adaptable to any environment, takes initiatives and very proactive in solving problems and providing best solutions.
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle
Scripting Languages: Bash, Shell, Ruby, Perl, Python
Version Controllers: Subversion, GIT, GIT Hub, IBM Clear Case
Configuration Management: Puppet, Chef, AnsibleCI Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, AnthillPro, TeamCity, Bamboo
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Unix, RHEL and Solaris.
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra DB
Change Management: BMC, AppDynamics, Service Now, PVCS Tracker.
Web/Application Servers: Tomcat, HTTP Server, WebLogic, JBoss.
Bug Reporting Tools: Bugzilla, JIRA and Rational Clear Quest.
Cloud Environment: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud
Monitor Tools: Nagios, Cloud watch, Splunk, BlueMedora
Container & Orchestration: Docker, Azure Container Services, EC2 Container Services, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
Sr. DevOps/AWS Engineer
- Being an active role in application infrastructure management team, I was completely involved in setting up the new environment for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) in Agile software methodology.
- Working with broad range of AWS Cloud Services like EC2, ELB, Glacier, Cloud Front, Code Deploy, Elastic Beanstalk, Auto Scaling, Route53, S3, AMI, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB, Elastic search and CloudWatch and have in-depth practical knowledge in various industry cloud services like Azure, PCF.
- Used ELB, Auto Scaling policies for scalability, elasticity and availability and utilized S3 Data Pipeline to move data to AWS Redshift and application deployment and data migration on AWS Redshift.
- Networking in AWS, VPC, Subnets and private networks. Setup and administer DNS system in AWS using Route53.
- Managing users and groups using Amazon identity and access management (IAM) and developing scripts using Python BOTO module to access and use various services in AWS
- Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Employed lifecycle rules in S3 for maintaining backups and archiving data using Standard S3, S-1A and S3 Glacier and creating retention policies on S3 and configuring SNS Notifications.
- Experience in creating a Calendar Service module for single and multi-node environment using Terraform
- Worked with Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, managing containers, directory structures and removing Docker images.
- Worked on Docker Engine, Docker HUB, Docker Images, Docker Registry, Docker Compose for handling images for installations and domain configurations by implementing Docker containerization with multiple namespace
- Currently leads an active integration effort for building out PaaS with RedHat OpenShift, Docker and working with developers on application containerization effort.
- Created custom Docker images to streamline porting of legacy applications to OpenShift
- Automated Build/Dependencies Middleware with OpenShift to automate, manage Docker containers and Kubernetes.
- Experienced in maintaining a repository of micro services through OpenShift pods and supported integration of OpenShift and Cloudforms.
- Provided consistent environment using Kubernetes for deployment scaling and load balancing to the application from dev through production, easing the code development and deployment pipeline.
- Setup Continuous Integration environment using Jenkins for building jobs and to push the Artifacts into Nexus repository on successful builds.
- Supporting configuration of Jenkins Build pipeline jobs, plugins installation with team for configuration of Maven multi module jobs, free style jobs.
- Setup various folders to upload the Source code and perform the BlackDuck scan before the build process begins in Jenkins and notify the test results to application development team.
- Responsible for large-scale Chef implementation and maintenance, Chef cookbooks creation, testing and implementation.
- Used Test Kitchen/ChefSpec to test Cookbooks using Vagrant on VirtualBox and wrote several integration tests to deliver the cookbooks seamlessly into Chef Pipeline.
- Worked with Jenkins API's to know various things like build status, count of builds, Git commit version used by Jenkins builds etc. using Groovy.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks to launch AWS instances and used Ansible to manage web applications, configuration files, used mount points and packages. Deploy and configure Git repositories with branching, forks, tagging, and notifications. Experience and proficient in deploying and administering GitHub.
- Worked extensively on automation engine Ansible that automates Cloud provisioning, configuration management, application deployment, intra-service orchestration, and many other IT needs.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day GIT support for different projects and expert in creating branching strategies to maintain GIT repository.
- Created and maintained Web Applications using Windows Azure Web apps.
- Creating an automated PowerShell/ Azure SQL /Power BI solution to analyze and present their Azure billing information in a very user and business friendly way.
- Working with uDeploy to support continuous deployment into Staging and Production environments.
- Developing different deployment process in uDeploy (Urban code uDeploy) to include different steps (like include work items) in deployment processes. Knowledge on BlackDuck scan to check the vulnerability of open source code in the application.
- Perform integrating, JUnit and code quality tests as a part of build process.
- Configure application servers (JBoss/Tomcat) to deploy the code.
- Working with MS build tool to support .NET applications in Windows environment.
- Written scripts for automation, and monitoring using Shell (Bash, C), Python.
- Accumulate application and system logs into LogStash for centralized monitoring, querying and reporting.
- Used Nagios with SNMP to monitor various networking devices in the network.
- Used solace appliance for messaging queue, deployed VPN’s and queues for different services.
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries to pull reports from various databases.
- Having experience working on tickets created in JIRA in 24X7 Environment.
- Wrote Shell Scripts to check security settings of the server and to change the server settings.
- Worked closely with application teams and support on various performance and configuration issues on daily basis.
- Provide reporting, requirements management, project management for both Agile software.
- Coordinate with developers, business analyst and mangers to make sure that code is deployed in the production environment.
Environment: Git, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker, Nagios, Jira, AWS, Java/J2EE, Maven, Shell Scripting, Kubernetes, WebLogic, Shell Scripts, JSON, Junit, JXML, UNIX, RHEL, Oracle.
Sr. DevOps/AWS Engineer
Confidential, Newark, California
- Designed and deployed AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, VPC, ELB (Elastic Load Balancer), Auto scaling groups, Opsworks.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling and RDS in CloudFormation JSON templates.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Created S3 buckets, managing policies for S3 buckets, Utilized S3 bucket, Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Worked in configuring Elastic Bean Stalk for developers to quickly deploy application for testing and pushing developed code for testing.
- Gained experience in using IAM to create and manage AWS users and groups, to allow permissions or deny their access to AWS resources.
- Designed and implemented DevOps roadmaps focusing on toolset and practices to be followed.
- Integrated on-premise active directory with azure active directory and established SSO connections using SAML 2.0 and OAuth 2.0 protocols in AD.
- Implemented form modules for deployment of various applications across multiple cloud providers and managing infrastructure.
- Analyzed performance of OpenShift containers using Cloudforms monitoring features.
- Configuring the Microservices using Docker containers and Kubernetes creating docker files for different environments and Virtualization by OpenShift.
- Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible modules, implemented CD automation using Ansible, managing existing servers and automation of build/configuration of new servers and created inventory in Ansible for automating continuous deployment and written playbooks using YAML Scripting.
- Used configuration management tools like Chef for configuring servers and authored Chef Cookbooks for automating the deploy processes web applications on tomcat server.
- Written Unit test cases for chef recipe for testing through Testkitchen, Foodcritic.
- Gained experience in working with data bags, attributes, run lists, policies and recipes and templates in Chef.
- Used Jenkins as a CI tool for building and deploying the artifacts.
- Integrated Jenkins with different plug-ins for setting a build pipeline and performing pre- and post-build steps.
- Using Kubernetes, I instructed Docker to launch specified containers that are freely available on various environments.
- Continuous Architectural changes to move software system offerings to a distributed service based architecture utilizing Docker/Kubernetes technologies.
- Virtualized servers using Docker for higher tier environments and for configuration automation using Docker containers.
- To achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx. Worked on Apache and Firewalls in both development and production environment.
- Deployed to DockerSwarm cluster in Azure Services were deployed via CI/CD pipelines utilizing Blue-Green, Canary testing and feature flags for continuous delivery and maximum velocity.
- Deployed different Application servers like WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss, and Web Servers like Apache Tomcat.
- Active participation during Trex activities
- Gained experience with setting up Chef Infra, bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading recipes, node convergence in Chef SCM.
- Performed Error handling in pom.xml file to obtain appropriate builds using Maven.
- Provide documentation for new and existing reusable code, modules and services in BitBucket snippets. Handle code reviews and merges of bug and feature branches in to master branches using git and BitBucket.
- Used Git as a source code repository and well versed in Git branching, tagging, merging and stashing.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications using agile methodology.
- Automation/Simplification of Digital Guarding Process through Splunk.
- Provided KT sessions for the beginners on Configuration management tools like Chef, Ansible, SatlStack and Source code management tools like Git.
- Installed and managed JIRA as a Defect tracking tool.
Environment: RHEL, CentOS, Jenkins, CI, CD, GIT, Bitbucket, JIRA, Nexus, ANT, Maven, Ruby, Splunk, Chef, UDeploy, Junit, Docker, Vagrant, AWS, SCM, Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic, WebSphere, Shell Scripting, EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, VPC, ELB, CloudWatch, S3 bucket, IAM.
Confidential, Jacksonville, Florida
- Documented and published complete migration process of Subversion (SVN admin dumps) to UCM ClearCase (VOBS).
- Performing all the build and release management activities for this project by administrating and integrating Source Code control systems like SVN and Perforce into build system like AnthillPro.
- Extensive experience with Perforce. Experience with SVN/CVS, and Git Software Configuration tools (Source Control).
- Administrated all aspects in GIT and troubleshooted with merge conflicts.
- Automated the cloud deployments using Puppet, Python (BOTO & fabric) and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Construct Puppet Modules/Functions to Support Solaris IPMP (IP Multi-pathing) on Solaris.
- Resolved crucial issues related to Linux server, Puppet and monitoring for Dev environments.
- Converted and automated builds using Ant and Maven. Scheduled automated nightly builds using Hudson and maintained Continuous integration effort with Hudson along with scheduled builds.
- Integrated CVS and ANT with Hudson to implement the continuous integration process.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Managed AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for Git and Puppet.
- Enabling customers to better manage software development, deployments and infrastructure with tools such as Chef, Jenkins and GitHub.
- Setup Integration and QA environments, build environments and a variety of CM specific environment.
- Used Power Shell for DevOps in Windows-based systems.
- Deployment and management of web services with Tomcat and JBoss provided end-user straining for all Tortoise SVN, JIRA users to effectively use the tool.
- Integrated Build dependencies and dependency blocking strategy in Bamboo.
- Insisted & migrated projects from Cruise Control to the Jenkins CI tool and ANT, NAnt to Maven.
- Built Puppet manifests and bootstrap scripts to allow us to bootstrap instances to various roles without having to maintain AMIs.
- Involved in deploying the content cloud platform on Amazon AWS using EC2, S3, and EBS. Evaluate Puppet framework and tools to automate the cloud deployment and operations.
- Worked with optimization of server resources, Amazon Elastic Cloud instances and website security, Mule ESB (EAI)/Service Mix, Web services /REST, AWS, Puppet.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks to launch AWS instances and used Ansible to manage web applications, configuration files, used mount points and packages. Deploy and configure Git repositories with branching, forks, tagging, and notifications.
- Coordinated application release with developer, DBA, QA and project management teams.
- Integrated JIRA in with SVN and dealing with its administration in change management process.
Environment: SVN(Subversion), Anthill Pro, ANT, Maven, Puppet, Dev Ops, TFS, Jenkins, Clear case, MS Build, Unix, Linux, Perl, Bash, Python, Ruby, Cruise control, AWS, MongoDB, Sonar, SharePoint, Bamboo, Hudson, Git, JIRA, Shell Script, WebLogic, Selenium.
Build and Release Engineer
- Worked for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases and using Version Control Tools likes Rational ClearCase, Rational Team Concert (RTC).
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into TortoiseSVN.
- Development, Quality Assurance, and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes.
- Provided end-user training for all TortoiseSVN, JIRA users to effectively use the tool.
- Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the entire process. Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins, Sonar to move from one environment to other environments.
- Designed Continuous Build Process using Jenkins to prevent build failures.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Configure and Supporting monitor tools like Splunk.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between Projects.
- Jenkins is used as a Continuous Integration tool for automation of daily process.
- Documented the entire build and release engineering process and provided on call support.
- Manage and maintain TFS server. Customize Work Items, Process Templates, Build Definition Templates and TFS Reports.
- Implemented the monitoring tools like Nagios 3.0 to monitor services like CPU, Hard Drive, Memory, Users, HTTP and SSH etc.
- Developed an automated and continuous build process that I have identified build errors, reviewed source code and notified corresponding teams to advance/ facilitate synchronization to the latest build.
- Designing, creating and maintaining GIT repositories to client specifications.
- Ability to patch and upgrade on standalone servers and live upgrades of servers in PROD via YUM Update/RPM manager from repository.
- Roles include user administration, startup and shutdown scripts, crontabs, maintain backup scripts, automation via PERL, SHELL Scripting for Red Hat Linux Systems.
- Installed and support multiple databases and applications including Oracle, MySQL with WebLogic 10, JBOSS 4.2x, Oracle 10g and Apache Tomcat.
- Effectively improved build and deployment execution time.
- Troubleshooting issues on RHEL servers and worked on user request (LAN ID requests) and performance issues.
- Attended team meetings, change control meetings to update installation progress, and for upcoming changes in environment.
Environment: Red Hat Linux, Centos, LDAP, NFS, FTP, SAMBA, POSTFIX servers, LVM, Sub Version, YUM Update/RPM Manager, PERL, SHELL Scripting (BASH, KSH), Oracle, MySQL, Web Logic 10, JBOSS 4.2.x, Apache Tomcat.
- Assist Senior Systems Administrators/Production Engineers with the design, development, and maintenance of security systems like firewalls, load-balancers, certificate authorities, etc.
- Worked closely with the IT teams to provide a robust and stable infrastructure on which to build our products.
- Configuration and maintenance of the network including maintaining connectivity and communications between global offices.
- Administration of all server systems, provisioning hardware and software licenses.
- Created user roles and groups for securing the resources using local operating system authentication.
- Presented ongoing recommendations for operational improvements and managing technical projects.
- Monitored and respond to alerts, Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
- The configuration of DNS, APACHE, MAIL, DHCP & FTP Servers in Solaris.
- Expert level skills in Server systems administration, DNS, and SQL Server.
- Experience of TCP/IP networking including routing and switching, LAN to WAN, VPN tunnels.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion in Linux environments.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Build and release software baselines, code merges, branch and label creation and interfaced between development and infrastructure.
- Good Quality release notes. Implemented sustainable branching models for organizations.
- Performed regular builds and deployment of the packages for testing in different Environments.
- Maintained other internal tools written in Shell.
- Following up with the Test Team & Development Team to resolve the build issue.
- Documented the policies and procedures for branching, labeling, code merging, check-in/check-out, and builds.
- Deployed artifacts to application servers.
Environment: Linux, Ubuntu. RHEL, DNS, SQL MySQL, Shell Scripts, LAN, WAN, VPN Tunnels, Subversion, and TCP/IP Networking.
Jr. Linux/Linux Administrator
- Assisted in installation, configuration and administration of CentOS using Kickstart servers and unattended disk.
- Assisted in monitoring network security and intrusion detection while adjusting and updating systems to meet company's requirement.
- Assisted in ongoing system performance, system application tuning, hardware upgrades and resource optimization as required.
- Configured CPU, memory and disk partitions as required.
- Assisted in creating and managing users and groups, assign permissions and control access to files.
- Provided first level contact. Troubleshoot application issues on the platform and convey resolutions to customer issues.
- Documented and updated all customer correspondence relevant to internal information via ticketing system.
- Configuration and administration of Fiber Card Adapter's and handling of SAN (SAN arrays, HITACHI, EMC)
- Scheduling of Daily, weekly, Monthly backups using Omni Backup, VERITAS Net backup 3.4 and TSM Backups.
- Installation & Maintenance like replacing bad disks including bootable disks, OS, patch installation, Configuration of DNS, auto mount, and NIS and NFS services.
- Created users, printers and assigned user profiles and responsibilities to users.
- File system management over SAN (EMC).
- Troubleshooting VMware ESX server related issues, maintaining their virtual server environment, creating and deleting virtual servers.
Environment: Java/J2EE, ANT, DB2, UNIX, Build Forge, Web Sphere, Shell and Perl Scripting, Maven, Jenkins, Linux, Solaris, Python, Nexus, Windows.