- 8+ years of experience in designing Build process, Software Product Development, Process Automation, Build & Release Management, Source Code repository & Environment management. Change/Incident Management and Cloud Management.
- Develop, enhance and maintain the build, deployment and configurations for continuous integration and automate regression and acceptance testing.
- Automate the Build and Deploy of all internal Java environments using various continuous integration tools and scripting languages
- Strong Experience in Configuration Management performing Application Builds/Packaging, defect management, troubleshooting, version control and environment supervision
- Expert in using ANT scripts, Make and Maven for Build process
- Experience in Implementation of Continuous Integration through Jenkins/ Bamboo. Deployment using various CI Tools like Chef/ Puppet
- Experience in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT (GitHub, GitLab), Clear case, Perforce and VSS.
- In - depth knowledge of computer applications and scripting like Shell, Python, Perl and XML.
- Experience with cloud services (Amazon EC2,) elastic capacity administration and cloud deployment and administration tool
- Experience in AWS image management module (for creating, registering, listing and deleting images) using APIs exposed by AWS. Installed and configured Chef in AWS
- Monitor and maintain the automated build and CI process to ensure correct build execution and facilitate resolution of build failures using ticketing tools like JIRA.
- Assisting testing team to make sure that all the back end jobs works effectively at the time of QA and UAT.
- Worked on infrastructure with Docker containerization. Collaborated with development support teams to setup a continuous delivery environment with the use of Docker.
- Extensive experience working on the monitoring of the servers using tools such as Nagios .
- Ability in execution of XML, Ant Scripts, Ruby, Shell Scripts, Perl Scripts, Power Shell scripts and JAVA Scripts.
- Experience of working with the release and deployment of large-scale C++, Java/J2EE Web applications using SVN repository.
- Experience in Installing, Configuring, Tuning and troubleshooting of Red Hat EL 5.x, 6.x,7.x and VMware ESX environment and also extensive knowledge of Multiple Client Operating Systems such as Windows, UNIX and Linux.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work as a team or individually, ability to learn new technologies.
- Experience in Deploying JBoss, Apache Tomcat web server, IIS Server, Oracle web logic, and IBM Web Sphere
- Ability in execution of XML, Ant Scripts, Ruby, Shell Scripts, Perl Scripts, Power Shell scripts and JAVA Scripts
Operating Systems: UNIX,Linux(CentOS,RHEL,Ubuntu),Windows 98/NT/XP/Vista/7/8, iOS
Build Tools/DevOps: ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Docker
CI Tools: Jenkins/Hudson, Bamboo
Database: Oracle 10g and 8i/9i, MS SQL, DB2 7.2/8/1/8.2
Servers: Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic, WebSphere, VMWare
Bug Tracking & Testing: JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Center, Junit, Clear Quest
SCM Tools: GIT, AWS Cloud Formation, Clear Case, Clear Quest
Cloud Computing: AWS (EC2, ELB, S3), Cloud Foundry, AWS Elasticache
Web Technologies: HTML, Java Script, XML, EC2
Languages: C, C++, c#, Java, J2EE, HTML
Scripting Languages: Maven, ANT, Shell Scripting, Python, Perl, Ruby
Sr DevOps Engineer
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Build and release software baselines, code merges, branch and label creation in Subversion/GIT and interfaced between development and infrastructure.
- Working for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation.
- Responsible for CI and CD using Jenkins, Maven and Chef.
- Worked extensively with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Remedy
- Actively involved in architecture of DevOps platform and cloud solutions.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Created proper documentation for new server setups and existing servers.
- Developed installer scripts using Maven, Python for various products to be hosted on Application Servers
- Developed Pom.xml files for Maven build scripts.
- Experience in administering and maintaining Atlassian products like JIRA, bamboo, Confluence
- Maintaining a farm of EC2 instances, ELB’s and RDS.
- Worked on Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Evaluating testing of Chef Recipes - Concept of Test Driven Development for Infrastructure as a Code.
- Automate Continuous Build and Deploy Scripts for Jenkins Continuous Integration tool
- Automated the cloud deployments using chef, python (boto & fabric) and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Ruby/Bash scripts
- Implemented Chef Cookbooks for OS component configuration to keep AWS server’s template minimal.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration.
- Maintenance of source code in GIT. Branching, Creating LABELS, merging of codes on GIT for QA testing and release.
- Integrating various provisioning and monitoring modules into a single platform.
- Managed central repositories: Implemented Atlassian Stash along with GIT to host GIT central repositories for source code across products, facilitate code reviews and login audits for Security Compliance.
- Designed and implemented the backup strategy for all the critical systems such as build machines, bug tracking tools, central repositories etc.
Environment::: DevOps, Java/J2EE, JQuery, Tomcat, Apache, Oracle 11g, Jenkins, Python, Ruby Chef, JIRA, Confluence, Remedy, Maven, Artifactory, GITHUB, Ubuntu, CentOS, Linux, AWS ELB, AWS SQS, AWS S3, AWS Cloud Formation Templates, AWS RDS, AWS Cloud Watch, Ruby, PowerShell, Chef
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supporting engineering plans and schedules by providing CM/Release Engineering services to build, deploy, develop scripts, oversee branch and merge strategies, and build automated tools as necessary to offer services to engineering team.
- Converted and automated builds using Maven. Scheduled automated builds using Jenkins. Created and applied Baselines and Labels for each Build Artifacts.
- Created UCM Projects, Development and Integration views for Development and Integration Streams.
- Used Chef in our deployment process and migrating in house systems to Amazon Cloud Services.
- Migrated corporate Linux servers from physical servers to Amazon AWS virtual servers.
- Replaced existing manual deployment and management processes with Chef and AWS Ops work stacks across 4 product platforms
- Created and maintained documentation of build and release processes and application configuration to comply with audit requirements and Industry best practices.
- Managed GIT and SVN as Source Control Systems.
- Developed scripts using PERL, BASH and BATCH files for Automation of Activities and builds.
- Configured TFS to run continuous integration of builds and execute unit test on all check-ins for ASP .NET Web Applications.
- Provided level one support for build troubleshooting and production issues.
- Responsible for the EBFs (Emergency Bug Fixes) to push them to different environments and monitor their status.
- Created the Release Management plan with the implementation schedule.
- Conducted Sanity Testing to verify for the right build to be deployed.
- Worked with the automated scripts for the Build and Deployment of the applications.
- Responsible for Build and Install Schedules using Unix Cron jobs.
- Written/Developed Ruby recipes in Chef Cookbook to automate the entire deployment process as well as infrastructure admin tasks.
- Written and developed Chef Cookbooks from scratch for custom installation of application.
- Used Chef for Continuous Delivery. Managed CI and CD process and delivered all application in rpms.
- Created the build instructions docs and install (deploy) instructions docs for each application for different environments.
Environment:: Java/J2ee, Eclipse, Chef, AWS (Amazon Web Services), Ant, Maven,TFS, Subversion, JIRA, GIT, Python, Ruby, Nexus, Sonar, Jenkins, .Net, C#, PERL, BASH, LINUX, Ansible, Solaris, UNIX, MongoDB.
Confidential, Salt Lake City, UT
Sr. Build & Release Engineer
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participated in the release cycle of the product, which involved environments like Development, SIT, QA, UAT and Production
- Responsible for the building and deploying the artifacts into DEV, SIT and QA Environments
- Used Subversion as version Control for maintaining the versions
- Created GIT configuration record for builds using derived objects generated during build audit process. Used JIRA as Issue Tracking Tool
- Configured and automated the Jenkins Build jobs for Continuous Integration.
- Used Apache Tomcat as application server for deploying the artifacts
- Developed UNIX for the purpose of manual deployment of the code to the different environments and E-mail the team when the build is completed.
- Managed & performed environment related configuration changes as a part of deployment.
- Coordinated application releases with Development, DBA and Project Management teams.
- Coordinated Release effort amongst various teams (Integration, QA, Testing, and Business Analysis) in geographically separated environment
- Served as a partial administrator for UNIX machines for Dev Environments
- Used Shell to automate build and deployment Process.
- Executed the DB Scripts (DML’s), which have dependencies on the code on Oracle DB
Environment:: GIT, Maven, Nexus, Tomcat, UNIX & Perl scripts, Jira, Shell scripts & Jenkins.
Build & Release Engineer
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implemented Jenkins pipeline for continuous deployments.
- Installed and configured Jenkins for CI. Configured master and slaves to run various builds on different machines.
- Written Ant/Maven scripts to automate entire build process.
- Migrated ANT projects into Maven for better build performance.
- Responsible for deployment of WAR, EAR files along with environment specific properties into QA, Stage and PROD environments.
- Deployed artifacts into WebLogic/WebSphere servers.
- Responsible for Releases (enhancement, maintenance, Emergency and bug fixes) into QA, Stage and Prod environments.
- Responsible for creating branches, tagging and merging in Subversion.
- Created Migration documents and deployment guides for end user so that user can easily walk through and deploy the code without any issue.
- Hands-on experience creating and managing the various development and build platforms, and deployment strategies.
Environment: Jenkins, Subversion, ANT, Maven, Nexus, WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat, Oracle