- 8 years of IT industry experience in the areas of DevOps, AWS, Build & Release and Linux Administration.
- Hand - On experience in Infrastructure As Code on AWS using Cloud formation. And Terraform on Hybrid cloud by maintaining TFSTATE files over centralized location to control the state.
- Experienced in all facets of full CM process with tools such as SVN, GIT, Clear Case, Clear Quest, Perforce, Jenkins, Bamboo.
- Experienced in running web scale services on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience in writing Jenkins DSL pipeline using the groovy code.
- Experienced in creating AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC. Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Experience in designing production grade VPC with best practice (Security).
- Setting up production grade Kubernetes on cloud using KOPS and on premises bare metal servers using kubeadm.
- Creating MicroService application by writing DockerFile for java, python, nodejs etc application.
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant application architecture using multiple EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balance and AMI and Glacier for QA and UAT environments.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using Puppet.
- Implemented Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Development and version control of Chef Cookbooks, testing of Cookbooks using Food critic and Test Kitchen and running recipes on nodes managed by on premise Chef Server.
- Well versed with many different concepts of Chef like Roles, Environments, Data Bags, Knife, Chef Server Admin/Organizations.
- Created scripts for system administration using languages such as Shell and Python. Also developed and maintained shell scripts for build and release NAGIOS, CLOUDWATCH tasks.
- Experience in writing Terraform scripts for AWS infrastructure.
- Well versed with Ansible Playbooks, modules and roles.
- Experience in writing Ansible scripts and heavy Shell, Perl, Python, and YAML scripting.
- Experienced in writing Ansible playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery pipeline. This primarily consists of a Jenkins and Sonar server, the infrastructure to run these packages and various supporting software components such as Maven, etc.
- Identified suitable classes for specific application and developed the mobile apps using the classes identified like List View, Image View etc.
- Well versed in developing bash shell scripts, Python, ruby on rails and creating recipes in chef cookbooks. knowledge on latest mainstream web, mobile, and database technologies.
- Experience writing Shell and Ruby scripts to automate the deployments.
- Experience working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source. Installed, configured, upgraded and managed Puppet Master, Agents & Databases.
- Experience with Configuration Management Tools such as PUPPET.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines and built Continuous Integration and Continuous delivery environment.
- Setup Docker on Linux and configured Jenkins to run under Docker host.
- Experienced with Docker container service and Dockerized applications by creating Docker images from Docker file.
- Orchestration of Docker container clusters using by Kubernetes with CD process using Jenkins.
- Primary duties include coming up with a combination of Automation/Tools and Processes to achieve Continuous Delivery/ Continuous Integration for various applications by integrating various tools like Jenkins, Git, Puppet/Chef, Maven.
- Well versed with creation of puppet profiles and role modules.
- Worked on creation of Puppet manifest files to install tomcat instances and to manage configuration files for multiple applications.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Extensively worked on configuration Management and source code repository management using tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN).
- Administered Version Control systems GIT, Subversion to create daily backups and checkpoint files.
- Experienced using different log monitoring tools like Splunk and LogStash for to see logs information.
- Integration, deployment and automation of application servers Tomcat, WebLogic across Linux platforms.
- Various testing frameworks like Junit, various App servers like WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss along with establishing process for Code Promotion within the Enterprise to move code from Dev, QA, SIT, Stage and Prod Environments.
- Experience in software build tools like Gradle, Maven to write POM, build scripts etc.
- Experience of the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Methodologies & Validations to ensure the Quality Assurance Control.
- Extensively worked on Creation and maintaining continuous build and continuous integration environments in SCRUM and Agile projects.
- Providing end to end SCM consultation and implementation. In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile and SCRUM methodologies.
- Experienced in using Build Automation scripting like MAVEN, ANT and MSBUILD as build tools for building of deployable artifacts (JAR, WAR) from source code.
- Experience in deploying system stacks for different environments like Dev, UAT, Prod in both on premise and cloud infrastructure.
- Worked in different software development life cycles using the methodologies like waterfall, Agile etc. and used GitHub, JIRA, Subversion(SVN) etc.
- Created SCM Process, policies, procedures and Release Notes to follow Development and allow QA teams to Release or Deploy highest quality product for the enterprise.
- Proficiency in multiple databases like MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL.
- Experience using RPMs to effectively package the applications for product deployments.
- Have worked with multiple teams like Development, QA, DB and Middleware administrators in automating various tasks.
- Experience in Virtualization technologies VMWare, VirtualBox, Vagrant for creating virtual machine and provisioning environments.
- Experienced in using bug tracking systems like JIRA and IBM Clear Quest.
- Experienced in installing, configuring, supporting and troubleshooting Unix/Linux Networking services and protocols like NIS, NIS+, LDAP, DNS, NFS, DHCP, NAS, FTP, SSH and SAMBA.
- Good Knowledge in Administration of Production, Development and Test environments carrying different operating system platforms like Windows, Red Hat Linux.
- Experienced in maintaining networks via TCP/IP to enhance security and allow businesses to offer managed Wireless Hotspot services.
- Created bootstrap scripts to install additional software and to modify configuration of applications.
- Configuration of Logical Volume Manager (LVM) to manage Volume Group, Logical and Physical partitions and importing new Physical Volumes.
- Good interaction with developers, managers, and team members to coordinated job tasks and strong commitment to work.
- Experience in on-call support to support the environment 24/7 as required.
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle.
Scripting Languages: Bash, Shell, Ruby, Python
Version Controllers: Subversion, GIT, PVCS Version Manager, IBM ClearCase, Perforce
Configuration Management: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker
CI Tools: Jenkins/Hudson, CircleCI, Teamcity, Bamboo.
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux.
Databases: MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra DB
Change Management: AppDynamics, Service Now
Web/Application Servers: Tomcat, HTTP Server, WebLogic, JBoss, Apache2.0/2.2/2.4, Apache Tomcat 5.5/6.0/7.0.
Bug Reporting Tools: SDM 12, Bugzilla, JIRA and Rational Clear Quest.
Monitoring Tools: NAGIOS, SPLUNK, Monit, New relic, DynaTrace & DataDog
Confidential, Mountain view, CA
AWS/ DevOps Engineer
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Involved in migrating physical Linux/Windows servers to cloud (AWS).
- Designing an Infrastructure for different applications before migrating into amazon cloud for flexible, cost-effective, reliable, scalable, high-performance, and secured applications.
- Involved in IaaS managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tool like Chef.
- Build servers using AWS: Importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Configure and managing daily and hourly scheduled snapshots backup and Restore the data from snapshots whenever needed.
- Creating an AWS RDS MySQL DB cluster and connected to the database through an Amazon RDS MySQL DB Instance using the Amazon RDS Console.
- Launched Database for MySQL 5.x and Oracle 11.x using RDS in multiple Available zones, have setup monitoring for CPU Utilization and limited DB connections by implementing alarms using Cloud Watch.
- Worked on Auto Scaling, Cloud Watch (monitoring), AWS Elastic Beanstalk (app deployments), AWS S3 (storage) and AWS EBS (persistent disk storage).
- Created scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build, management, monitoring and deployment solutions spanning multiple platforms, tools and technologies including Jenkins Nodes/Agent, Chef, Puppet, VMware, Amazon EC2.
- Implemented Terraform modules for deployment of applications across multiple cloud providers.
- Involved in setting up Terraform continuous build integration system.
- Managed the configurations of the instances using Chef. Written and modified various Cookbooks/ Recipes for better management of the systems.
- Built and managed a large deployment of Ubuntu Linux instances systems with Chef Automation and written recipes, tools, shell scripts, and monitoring checks.
- Used Chef to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Database Commands and Packages.
- Work station setup for Knife plugin and establish connectivity between Chef server and workstation.
- Automate large scale deployments with modern configuration and deployment management systems like Chef and Ansible.
- Communication with team members for both Ansible Core and Ansible Tower teams to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles.
- Automated the process of Apache Webserver installation, configuration using Ansible.
- Provisioned load balancer, auto-scaling group and launch configuration for micro services using Ansible.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Run deck and Jenkins.
- Implemented Nagios and integrated with Ansible for automatic monitoring of servers.
- Designs and implement Cobbler infrastructure and integrate with Ansible doing Linux provisioning.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS nodes and Tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to Provide Dev Servers.
- Implemented Docker automation solution for Continuous integration / Continuous Delivery model.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environment needs and Configured Docker container for branching purposes.
- Installation and configuration of ELK STACK (Log Management tool) in both legacy and Docker swarm mode.
- Developed procedures to unify streamline and automate applications development and deployment procedures with Linux container technology using Docker swarm.
- Developing Docker images to support Development and Testing Teams and their pipelines; distributed Jenkins, Selenium and JMeter images, and ELK STACK & EFK etc.
- Maintained Artifacts in binary repositories using JFrog Artifactory and pushed new Artifacts by configuring the Jenkins project using Jenkins Artifactory Plugin.
- Used Jenkins and pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Worked on the continuous integration tools on Jenkins to build and test applications on the issue tracking tools like JIRA, BAMBOO, and STASH confluence.
- Administered Jenkins setting up master slave architecture and setting permission to users.
- Responsible for Plugin-Management in Jenkins according to requirement Upgrading and Degrading Plugin Versions.
- Created subversion/Git repositories, imported projects into newly created subversion repositories as per the standard directory layout.
- Created various branches in SVN/GIT, merged from development branch to release branch, created tags for releases.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT, Stash Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53), Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Git, ELK STACK, Jira, Nagios, Bamboo, Linux, Unix.
Aws / DevOps Engineer.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Migrated an existing legacy infrastructure and recreated the entire environment within Amazon's Web Services (AWS).
- Worked with Custom AMI's, created AMI tags and modified AMI permissions. DNS and load balancing experience on Route53.
- Setup and manage security groups, VPC specific to environment.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources like EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Utilize AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Automate Deployment using configuration Management tool, Chef to provision Amazon AWS Instances to enable continuous Deployments.
- Installed and setup Chef for planning and designing of GUI for automation purpose using cloud forms, Design RPM packages for installation and configuration thorough chef resource.
- Developed Chef Recipes to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing Infrastructure.
- Customize chef cookbooks and configure chef servers to automate server deployment.
- Using Chef, deployed and configured Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and CloudWatch.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge. Upgradation or Migration of Puppet Community and Enterprise.
- Created and updated Puppet manifests and modules, files, and packages stored in the GIT repository.
- Using puppet for automation of application such as Tomcat, Apache, WebLogic.
- Used Puppet to deploy ELK for automating continuous deployment (CD) and configured Slave Nodes and deployment failure reporting.
- Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge.
- Involved in several production Implementations and managed deployment process via DMS and puppet.
- Setting up Jenkins jobs and setting build pipeline views, release process setup for application build and release management.
- Release process automation and Jenkins pipeline view and jobs created for release automation deployment process.
- Designing and implementing CI (Continuous Integration) system: configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes, creating required scripts (Perl & Python), and creating/configuring VMs (Windows/Linux).
- Used GIT to keep track of all changes in source code.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT.
- Designed and implemented GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Experienced in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT and Subversion (SVN) on Linux platforms.
- Written Maven and Ant build tools for application layer modules.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Implement CI/CD tools Upgrade, Backup, Restore, DNS, LDAP and SSL setup.
- Used Logical Volume Manager for the management of Volumes including creation of physical and logical volumes on Linux.
- Build servers using Kick Start, Red Hat Satellite Server, and vSphere Client and Updating patches to keep servers updated against bugs present in the operating system using Red Hat Satellite Server, yum, etc.
- Installed packages using yum and Red Hat Package Manager (RPM) on various servers. Implemented Bash, Perl, Shell, Python scripting.
- Performed OS provisioning using kickstart through BMC BladeLogic and patching of RHEL using yum, up2date and Blade Logic.
- Performance tuning of Virtual Memory, CPU, system usage in Linux and Solaris servers. Supported class monitoring and management tools such as Open NMS, Tivoli and VCO. Performance Monitoring and Performance Tuning using Top, PRSTAT, SAR, VMSTAT, PS, IOSTAT.
- Also worked in Installing, Configuring and Monitoring using Nagios and GRAPHITE.
Environment: Subversion, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Terraform, Git, Maven, ELK STACK, Shell Script, Perl Script, Apache Web Server, Chef, AWS, Clear Quest, XML, Nginx, Linux, Clear Case.
Confidential, Irving, TX.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Developed and supported the software Release Management and procedures.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories and the access control strategies.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day GIT support for different projects.
- Implemented & Maintained the Branching and Build/Release strategies utilizing GIT source code management.
- Created Post Commit and pre-push hooks using Python in SVN and GIT repos.
- Implemented continuous delivery pipe line using Docker and Jenkins.
- Responsible for User Management, Administration, Group Management, Slave Management, new job setup in Jenkins.
- Manage deployment automation using Puppet, MCollective, Custom Puppet Modules and Ruby.
- Used Ant and Maven as a build tools on java projects for the development of build Artifacts on the source code.
- Wrote new ANT scripts to Automate build process and modified the existing ones according to the new project guidelines.
- Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Delivered architecture designs and solutions for public, private and Hybrid clouds covering the cloud architecture tiers and portfolios of cloud services.
- Developed Python code to extract information from XML files using DOM Modules.
- Written Scripts for continuous slivery tools with their scripting API's using Bean Shella and shell, to Automate Complex Processes.
- Deployed the java applications into Apache Tomcat Application Servers.
- Used ANT tool to do the builds, integrated ANT to Eclipse and did local builds.
- Maintained local team repositories and Organization's central repositories for maven.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between Projects.
- Experience in writing Maven pom.xml and Ant build.xml for build scripts.
- Executed user administration and maintenance tasks including creating users and groups.
- Utilized WAR and JAR files for deployment of enterprise apps.
- Prepared Junit test cases and executed server configurations.
- Supported and developed tools for integration, Automated Testing and Release Management.
- Responsible for writing/modifying scripts using BASH & Shell.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Developed automation scripting in Python to deploy some applications.
- Worked on Administration, maintenance and support of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Servers.
- Developed & Supported tools for integration, automated testing & Release.
- Perform periodic system audits on all environments to ensure that only controlled versions of software reside all environments.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of processes and associated scripts/tools for automated build, testing and deployment of the products to various developments.
Environment: Git, Jenkins, RHEL, Java, Hybrid clouds, Mcollective, Python scripting, SVN, J2EE, Bash scripting, Shell scripting, Maven, Ant, Eclipse, XML, Ruby, War, jar.
Build & Release Engineer.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Regular Admin Tasks including building Linux servers for Production, Development and Test Environments and supported the ones under production.
- Responsible for Development, UIT, UAT, STAGING, PRODUCTION Builds and Releases.
- Assist with maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, and maintained the source control system.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Involved with setting up and creating jobs for scheduling the ANT and Maven deployments for J2EE application and setting up NEXUS server (to access 3rd party dependencies) for centralized repository and scheduled jobs in Jenkins for MAVEN build.
- Planned and performed the upgrades to Linux (RHEL, SUSE, CENTOS) operating systems and hardware maintenance like changing memory modules, replacing disk drives.
- Testing the application manually.
- Performed weekly and on-call deployments of application codes to production environments.
- Coordinated application release with developer, DBA, QA and project management teams.
- Deployment and Configuration of application server Tomcat deploying Java and Web Application.
- Performing failover and integrity test on new servers before rolling out to production.
- Worked in cross-platform environments like Linux, UNIX, AIX and Windows.
- Configured Environment, run unit tests and created reports by using Maven.
- Configuration and Deployment of SQL server 2005/2008 Reporting services.
- Created and configured jobs, script builder, custom command builder, agents in Bamboo.
- Automated Web Sphere Build and deployment Process for Linux and UNIX platforms.
- Worked on SVN & CVS Administration including user management, repo migration, repo creation, repository hook script implementation, Integration with Jira/GIT/Fisheye, troubleshooting.
- Updated the SVN log properties for revisions. Settled the SVN sync servers, changed rev properties for SVN sync.
- Setup, Configure and Maintain environments Dev, SIT, QA, Stage and Production.
- Troubleshooting ASP.Net application issues hosted on the IIS Server.
- Documentation of detailed build configuration, Build procedures and change history for releases.
- Participated in the designing from initial stage of development and prepared the class and sequence diagrams.
- Coordinating with development teams to perform builds and resolve build issues.
- Analyze and create daily reports on the status of server backups on intranet and extranet.
- Provide complete phone support to customers and Troubleshoot tickets on the help desk tracking system.
- Involved in all projects that move to production and work closely with the Data Canter, Development, Quality Assurance and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes.
Environment: UIT, UAT, SQL, JIRA, GIT, My SQL, ASP.NET, QA, Linux (RHEL, SUSE, Centos), Tomcat, Aix, DBA.
Linux / System Administrator.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Administer and Support Linux RHEL for Non-Prod, Test Dev environment.
- Install and setup System Integration SIT and User Acceptance Test UAT and Dev Environments.
- Managed server on VMware ESX, provided test environments on virtual machine.
- Worked exclusively on VMware virtual environment and VMware ESX, experience in using VMware Motion to move VM's from One Datacenter to another datacenter.
- Installed Linux OS, and configured required network on 25 Node HPC cluster.
- Managed HPC cluster, performed hardware, BIOS and application upgrade.
- Created Virtual Private Network, subnets, route tables and security groups to control inbound and outbound traffic.
- Configured and Manage Apache web server.
- Manage software and hardware RAID systems.
- File system management using Confidential volume manager 5.0 and Performed RAID mirroring of Root disk on Solaris boxes.
- Configure and maintain FTP, DNS, NFS and DHCP servers and API gateways, SNS and Dynamo DB tables for PUSH notifications.
- Manage System Firewall utilizing IP Chains, IP Table and Implemented SSH SSL.
- Prepare specs for new infrastructure and VMware servers, disk storage, and network switches, routers, firewalls, and VPN's.
- Managed user disk usage by setting up quotas and Administrated System logs, Security logs.
- Enforced development policies using Subversion hooks and other metadata.
- Successfully installed and configured NAGIOS monitoring system to monitor the production server environment.
- Worked with DBAs on installation of RDBMS database, restoration and log generation.
- Good Understanding of Cassandra internals, Analyze Cassandra database and compare it with other opensource NoSQL databases to find which one of them better suites the current requirement.
- Writing shell scripts for automation of daily tasks, documenting the changes that happen in the environment and in each server, analyzing the error logs, analyzing the user logs, analyzing the /var/log/messages.
- Troubleshooting Network, memory, CPU, swap and File system issues, TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, SMTP in Linux and Solaris servers.
- Configured NFS Servers, NIS+ Servers, NIS+ Clients, Diskless clients and Auto clients and auto mounted the file systems using direct and indirect maps also setup entries in /etc/dfs/dfstab in Solaris share file systems and mounted the disks onto the client systems.
- Install and configure DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), and file servers on Linux servers.
- Performed hardware maintenance, upgrades and troubleshooting on workstations and servers.
- Communicate with Hardware and Software vendors, equipment dealers and maintain relations.
- Coordination with development, testing, and business analyst teams to ensure updates are completed and changes are scheduled.
- Responsible for troubleshooting network, database, applications, and web performance issues. Documented and maintained automation scripts for administration of servers.
- Documented release, builds and source control processes and plans.
Environment: Linux (RHEL 4.x), FTP, DNS, NFS, DHCP, RDBMS, web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), SMTP, TCP/IP, RAID, SSH SSL, VMware ESX 3.0.