- Over 8+ years of Experience IT industry with major focus on Release management, Software Development, Configuration, Build and Release Engineering, DevOps Engineer, and Automation.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience in Administration/Maintenance of source control management systems, such as Sub Version (SVN), Perforce, TFS, GIT and knowledge of Clear Case.
- Managed Amazon Web Services like EC2, S3 bucket, RDS, EBS, ELB, Auto - Scaling, AMI, IAM through AWS Console and API Integration with Puppet Code.
- Responsible for creating multi-region, multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Worked closely with development teams and performance test engineers for EC2 size optimization.
- Experience of Migration & deployment of Applications with upgrade version of Applications.
- Configured SonarQube code quality tool and integrated it with Jenkins.
- Implemented SonarQube to analyze code quality metrics, to verify the coding standards and setup quality gates to allow/fail builds as per requirement.
- Involved in the functional usage and deployment of applications in Web Logic, Web Sphere and Apache Tomcat Server.
- Migrated CVS Version Management tool to Subversion. Experience in working Ubuntu, Red Hat, UNIX, windows.
- Good working experience with databases like MySQL, Dynamodb, NoSQL, Wordpress, Mongodb and involved in creating stored procedures, functions, triggers and complex queries.
- Automating Web Sphere EAR file deploys through Cruise Control, Jenkins, Team City, and Bamboo.
- Worked in an agile development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using tools like puppet & Jenkins.
- Expertise on all aspects of puppet components with knowledgeable to create POC's for enterprise organizations, setting up puppet repo's (local & remote) working with both hosted and standalone server versions.
- Experience in using Nexus and Arti factory repository Managers for java builds. Experience in using monitoring tool like Nagios.
- Expert in deploying the code through web application servers like Web Sphere/Web Logic/ Apache Tomcat/ JBOSS.
- Designed, built, and deployed a multitude applications utilizing AWS stack (Including EC2, R53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SQS, IAM, and EMR), focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling
- Automated OpenStack and AWS deployment using Cloud Formation, heat and Puppet.
- Familiar with integrating JUnit, PMD and other code quality Tests as a part of build process.
- Experience working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source.
- Experienced with Amazon AWS Cloud Administration which includes services like: EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, OPS Work, Security Groups.
- Expertise in writing Bash Scripts, Pearl Scripts (hash and arrays), Python programming for deployment of Java applications on bare servers or Middleware tools, Jinja2, Boto3.
- Provided support to issues reported by dev/customer support teams on platform availability and usability
- Managed Pager Duty schedules and supported 24X7 on-call escalation path for releases and P1 incidents
- Managing and supporting Tomcat and J Boss application servers.
- Worked on Report Creation from TFS using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Expertise in trouble shooting the problems generated while building, deploying and in production support.
- Efficient in working closely with core product teams to ensure high quality and timely delivery of builds.
- Excellent communicative, interpersonal, intuitive, analysis and leadership skills with ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments.
Operating Systems: Sun Solaris 11/10, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x/6.x/7.x, SUSE 10/11/12, UBUNTU, Windows NT/XP/ 2003/2008/2012.
Network Protocols: SMTP, SNMP, ICMP, TCP, IP, FTP, TELNET, UDP, and RIP, ISCSI, Fiber Channel.
Scripting Languages: Unix Shell Scripting, Python, Perl, Python2,Jinja2
Application/Web Servers: Tomcat 6.0/7.0, Web Logic 9.0/10.0, JBoss, Web sphere 6.0/ 7.0/8.0,Apache,Nginx
Databases: Oracle 10g/11g/12c, MySQL, postgre, sql.
Web Technology: HTML 4.0/5.0., DHTML, XML, PHP, Java Script, Servlets and JSP.
Build Tools/CI Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Jenkins, Teamcity.
Source Control Tools: Subversion (SVN), GIT, CVS, Clear Case.
Cloud Services: AWS, Rackspace, Terraform
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Docker, Ansible
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java/J2EE, SQL.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Sr. Devops/AWS Engineer
Roles and responsibilities:
- Built and managed a large deployment of Red Hat Linux instances systems with Chef Automation and provision virtual servers using vagrant and kitchen in Oracle VM virtual box, provisioned servers in Amazon EC2.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment
- Wrote puppet manifests for deploying, configuring, and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Built Puppet manifests and bootstrap scripts to allow us to bootstrap instances to various roles without having to maintain AMIs.
- Helped teams perform their duties more efficiently by providing ALM trainings targeted for each teams' needs.
- Used Azure Terraform and Azure OpsWorks to deploy the infrastructure necessary to create development, test, and production environments for a software development project
- Implemented a distributed messaging queue to integrate with Cassandra using Kafka,
- Developed Docker based micro services, deployment modules with Jenkins, Kubernetes and Ansible based pipelines/frameworks.
- Having pleasant experience in Cloud Computing platform like Azure from Microsoft for deploying and managing applications.
- Automate NGINX/MySQL Setup and Monitor
- Automated configuration management and deployments using Ansible playbooks and YAML.
- Migrated configuration management from Puppet to Chef
- Managed Chef Cookbooks to automate system operations and AWS Cloud management
- Integration of Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, Urban Code Deploy with Patterns/Release, Git, Confluence, JIRA and Cloud Foundry.
- Integrating the Third Party Tools with TFS for ALM & Traceability
- Developed core product feature using NodeJs, Java and Scala.
- Worked on loading CSV/TXT/DAT files using Scala/Java language in Spark Framework and process the data by creating Spark Data frame and RDD and save the file in parquet format in HDFS to load into fact table using ORC Reader.
- Using Jenkins 2.0 AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS
- Defining Release Process & Policy for projects early in SDLC and responsible for code build, release and configuration
- Perform Deployment of Release to various QA & UAT in Linux environments.
- Participated in the design of the GNU coding standards for configuration and Makefile support
- Optimized volumes and EC2 instances and used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) with EC2 Autos calling groups
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch
- Splunk deployment, configuration and maintenance across a variety of UNIX and Windows platforms.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, and GitHub and AWS
- Experimented with Docker, by using Docker-compose.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of OpenStack Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Worked on applying patches and recommending necessary security fixes for web Application servers
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX and Windows - Batch, Python, Shell script etc.
- Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Resolved system issues and inconsistencies in coordination with quality assurance and engineering teams.
Environment: SVN(Subversion), Anthill Pro, ANT, Makefile, NAnt, and Maven, ALM,Node Js, Chef, DevOps, Docker, Jenkins 2.0, Clear case, Unix, Linux, Perl, Bash, Python, Ruby, Cruise control, AWS, MongoDB, Bamboo, Git, JIRA, Shell Script, Web sphere, Selenium.
Confidential, Troy, MI
Senior DevOps/AWS Engineer
- Developed build and deployment processes for Pre-production environments.
- Writing Manifests/Modules for Installation and Updating of Yum repositories on the Server using Puppet infrastructure.
- Configured Route 53 by using CFT templates, assigned the DNS mapping for the AWS servers and trouble-shoot the issues of the load balancer's, auto scaling groups and Route 53.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's.
- Automated Weekly releases with Maven scripting for Compiling Java Code, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository.
- Installed Configured and Upgraded Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.x to 5.x and configured various patching schedules to meet patching criteria quarterly.
- Developed automation scripting in Shell using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Used Puppet to automate Configuration management and to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points and Packages.
- Experience writing puppet manifests for apache installation and configuration as well as for various deployments.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx to achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment
- Experience in designing and deploying AWS Solutions using EC2, S3, EBS, Elastic Load balancer (ELB), auto scaling groups.
- Containerization of Web application using Docker and Kubernetes and Database maintenance.
- Involved in writing parent POM files to establish the code quality tools integration.
- Collaborated with development support teams to setup a continuous delivery environment with the use of Docker.
- Involved installing and managing different automation and monitoring tools on Red hat Linux like Nagios, Splunk and Puppet.
- Used Kubernetes as a open source platform for automating deployment, scaling and operations of applications containers across clusters of hosts, providing container centric infrastructure.
- Kubernetes to deploy applications quickly and predictably.
- Used ServiceNow as a CRM for the release management and incident management and change management processes.
- Docker can be integrated into various tools like AWS, Puppet, Vagrant, Jenkins & VMware containers.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications in the agile process.
- Experience migrating SVN repositories to GIT.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Configured and installed monitoring tools Grafana, Kibana, Log stash and Elastic Search on the servers.
- Automated the cloud deployments using Puppet, python (boto & fabric) and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Business data analysis using Big Data tools like Splunk, ELK.
- Configured SonarQube code quality tool and integrated it with Jenkins. Implemented SonarQube to analyze code quality metrics, to verify the coding standards and setup quality gates to allow/fail builds as per requirement.
- Created and tracked the release improvement process to be applied across all IT domains and initiates new projects related to release management.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published.
- Participated in all Product Release and Patches.
Environment: RTC, SVN(Subversion), Anthill Pro, ANT, NAnt, and Maven, Puppet, Azure, Jenkins, Clear case, Unix, Linux, Perl, Python, Ruby, AWS, Bamboo, Hudson, Git, JIRA, Shell Script, Weblogic.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
DevOps/Build & Release Engineer
- Developed build using ANT and MAVEN as build tools and used CI tools to kick off the builds move from one environment to other environments.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like developments QA and production.
- Involved in setting up builds using Chef as a configuration management tool.
- Used Chef to configure and mange infrastructure. Wrote cookbooks to automate the configuration setups.
- Established Chef Best practices approaches to system deployment with tools with vagrant and managing Chef Cookbook as a unit of software deployment and independently version controlled.
- Designed and developed shell scripts.
- Hands on compiling builds using pom.xml and build.xml.
- Used the continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins and Hudson for automating the build processes.
- Used the version control system GIT to access the repositories and used in coordinating with CI tools.
- Integrated maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Installed and configured GIT and communicating with the repositories in GITHUB.
- Performed necessary day to day Subversion/GIT support for different projects.
- Created and maintained Subversion/GIT repositories, branches and tags.
- Assisted end-to-end release process from the planning of release content through to actual release deployment to production.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications on to the Apache Tomcat server and configured it to host the websites.
- Deployed application packages on to the Apache Tomcat server. Coordinated with software development teams and QA teams.
- Executed the planning of product software releases.
- Performed clean builds according to scheduled releases.
- Verified whether the methods used to create and recreate software builds are reliable and repeatable.
- Identified the Data Source and defining them to build the Data Source Views.
- Deployed the build artifacts into environments like QA, UAT according to the build life cycle.
Environment: ANT, MAVEN, Apache & Tomcat, shell & Perl scripting, Subversion, Jenkins, Hudson, Windows 2000/XP, LINUX, UNIX GIT, GITHUB, Chef.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Build Release Engineer
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Installed, Configured and Administered Hudson/Jenkins Continuous Integration Tool.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Developed automation framework for Application Deployments to the cloud environments.
- Worked on Managing the Private Cloud Environment using Chef.
- Performed Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process, developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Automated the cloud deployments using chef, python (boto & fabric) and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Used Maven as build tool on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like JBoss.
- Performed and deployed Builds for various Environments like QA, Integration, UAT and Productions Environments
- Worked on configuring the Jenkins to use MetaCase Software to build Java code and also to do the whole C.I process on the java code generated by MetaCase.
- Troubleshoot and resolved Build failures due to infrastructure issues reduced by 95% stabilizing the build process. Setup and executed process to code review system effectively.
- Responsible for defining branching & merging strategy, check-in policies, improving code quality, automated Gated Check-ins, defining backup and archival plans.
- Troubleshoot Build and Deployment Issues, with little downtime.
- Organized and Coordinated Product Releases, work closely with product development, QA, Support across global locations to ensure successful releases.
- Documented release metrics, software configuration process. Used Maven scripts to build the source code. Supported and helped to create Dynamic Views and Snapshot views for end users.
Environment: DevOps, Java, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Hudson, Chef, Python, Perl, GIT, SVN, Apache Webserver, JBoss, Apache JMETER, MetaCase, GIT, SVN, Windows.
Confidential, Foster City, CA
- Provided centralized software configuration management for enterprise application projects in a multi-tiered high-availability environment.
- Integrated Eclipse IDE with different versioning tools like Clear Case, SVN, CVS, and GIT.
- Managed SVN branching and merging for older projects in multiple simultaneous releases.
- Providing configuration services on multiple platforms in the test environment running on one or more IT Platforms: Client/server, Jenkins, MSBuild, Microsoft Windows NT, OS/390, UNIX.
- Completing software builds and elevations, creating directories and security groups, and recreating prior versions. Monitored software, hardware, and/or middleware updates and utilizing technologies like Jenkins/Hudson, MS Build, TFS Team Explorer, and SVN.
- Worked on SVN&CVS Administration including user management, repo migration, repo creation, repository hook script implementation, Integration with Jira/GIT/Fisheye, troubleshooting.
- Created and configure jobs, script builder, custom command builder, agents in Bamboo
- Extensive experience with Perforce. Experience with SVN/CVS, and GIT Software Configuration tools (Source Control).
- Managed all the environment and application level config using Git.
- Documented and published complete migration process of Subversion (SVN admin dumps) to UCM Clear Case (VOBS).
- Developed and build and deployment standards with input from development, IT/operations, and IT security.
- Evaluated build automation tools (Open Make and AnthillPro), recommended AnthillPro.
- Configured and deployed AnthillPro in Solaris 10 environment with multiple zones/containers, using Oracle database and multiple CVS servers and repositories. Configured services using SMF and XML.
Environment: Tomcat, Apache, Oracle, Jenkins, Python, JIRA, Maven, Artifactory, Git, Ubuntu, CentOS, Windows.
- Responsible for daily Build & Release of applications, writing automation scripts.
- Build of Database products & troubleshooting
- Defining the Complete Branching Strategy.
- Making daily night build & weekly Build for the product
- Responsible for writing Python Scripts for Build & Release as and when necessary.
- Writing SQL Queries for various Reports using Clear Quest.
- Writing Build & Release automation and maintenance for .Net, Embedded System Applications.
Environment: Windows, TFS, MsBuild, NAnt Python, SQL Server, Microsoft.Net, IIS