- Over 8 years of experience in the IT industry comprising of Development, Systems Administration, Software Configuration Management (SCM), Build/Release Management and Change/Incident Management.
- Expertise in DevOps, APIGEE, Release Engineering, Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure automation.
- Adept Confidential Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SVN, GitHub, Tomcat, WebSphere, and Linux.
- Experience in Azure Platform Development, Hosted Cloud services, Platform as a service and Windows Azure Multi - Factor Authentication projects.
- Good understanding of Deployment concepts, DevOps philosophy and contributed Chef Code to automate our systems.
- Experience in managing Private Cloud and Hybrid cloud configurations, patterns, and practices in Windows Azure and SQL Azure and in Azure Web and Database deployments.
- Experienced in administering Subversion and GIT and implemented branching, tagging and stashing strategies.
- Good experience on implementing Chef & Puppet to convert Infrastructure as code .
- Extensive experience with Continuous Integration Tools (Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo).
- Experience with build tools Ant(build.xml) and Maven(pom.xml).
- Actively involved in Project planning, Requirement Management, Release Management and User interface benchmarking for different platforms.
- Experienced in application deployment automation tools.
- Wrote Shell scripts and Perl, Bash, Ruby and Python scripts to automate the deployments.
- Involved in setting up Jira as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for the Jira bug/issue tracker.
- Experienced in using monitoring tools such as Zabbix and Nagios.
- Hands on Experience on building Docker images including setting the entry point and volumes. Also ran Docker containers.
- Expertise in troubleshooting the applications in the process of deployment.
- Experience as a cloud platform as a service in various Cloud Related Services like Amazon Web Services, Azure.
- Knowledge in internet information service and hands on experience with WebSphere, JBoss and WebLogic deployments.
- Experience on SCM for building and managing the process and tools.
- Experience in using Nexus and Artifactory repository managers for Maven and Ant builds.
- Experience with automations tools like Chef, Puppet and knowledge on Ansible.
- Knowledge on scripting languages like Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash and Web Service like AWS.
- Experience in implementing and training teams to adapt to Release/Change Management Process.
- Experience and good command in Windows/Microsoft, Linux/Unix/Java operating systems.
- Experience working in various environments like e-commerce, product, software as service and IT web apps.
- Experience with NoSQL databases like Cassandra and MongoDB.
- Exposure to SDLC and experience in building deployment solutions for Scrum.
- Knowledge on implementing Agile and SCRUM, sized User Stories, creating Sprints, added User Stories to Sprints, SCRUM Master for multiple SCRUM Teams.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Detail oriented person with good technical troubleshooting/problem-solving ability.
- Quick learner and performer both in team and independent job environments.
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/2003/XP/vista/7, Linux, UNIX, Ubuntu (12x, 14x), CentOS (5,6,7), RedHat(4x,5x,6x,7)
Programming Language: C, C++, C#, .NET, JAVA.
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
Database: MySQL, MS Access, Oracle 9i/10g, SQL Server 2005, 2008.
Dataflow Tool: Apache NIFI
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes
Cloud Technologies: Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), EC2, ELB, S3, SQS, RDS, SNS, CloudWatch
Web Technology: XML, HTML, XHTML, CSS, jQuery, Angular JS.
Bug Tracking Tool: JIRA, Bugzilla.
Application Servers and Web servers: WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat, Apache server, JBoss, IIS.
Version Control Tools: Subversion, GIT, TFS, Perforce
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Team city, Bamboo, AnthillPro
Build Tool: ANT, Maven, Gradle, NANT
SDLC: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall Methodologies
Sr. DevOps/AWS Engineer
- Worked on Multiple AWS instances, setting up security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Utilizing CloudWatch and LogicMonitor to monitor resources such as EC2, EBS, ELB, RDS and S3 etc.
- Created customized AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) polices for various AWS resources to have required access to required resources.
- Developed Server infrastructure on AWS Cloud, extensive usage of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), CloudFormation, CloudFront, EC2, RDS, S3, Route53, and SNS.
- Performed configuration, deployment and support of cloud services including Amazon Web Services (AWS). Configured an AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Database Subnet Group for isolation of resources within the Amazon RDS MySQLdb cluster.
- Developed tools to automate the deployment, administration, and monitoring of a large-scale AWS Linux environment.
- Implemented Jenkins continuous build integration system and Converting the ANT build projects to Maven Build projects.
- Managed Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2) instances utilizing A uto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and C hef .
- Build and Configured Jenkins slaves for parallel job execution. Installed and configured Jenkins for continuous integration and performed continuous deployments.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tool and automated the build and deploy processes using Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Pulled code from the development line using cherry-pick feature, creating a tag and pushing it to the main line using GIT version control after integration and build.
- Automated network configuration management for all cloud environments.
- Monitored servers and applications with help of tools such as Splunk, Nagios.
- Deployed, maintained, troubleshoot, and tune multi-tier, distributed, cloud-based application components.
- Worked on writing Python scripts to integrate Git and Jenkins with JIRA.
- Created Python scripts to totally automate AWS services which includes web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application.
- Maintained APIGEE for building applications, providing security over cyber threats in giving better assistance to the developer teams.
- Developed a PowerShell script to automate Active Directory and server tasks and generate reports for administrators and management.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to manage configuration of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Wrote the ansible playbooks which is the first point for Ansible provisioning, where the automation is defined through tasks using YAML format. Ran Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Application and System logs using Python and PowerShell for all applications to proactively monitor and trace errors with automated email alerts to various teams internally.
- Installed various WebSphere products using shell scripts.
- Created and maintained Shell, Python, and Ruby scripts for building applications.
- Made recommendations for WebSphere Commerce Server configurations including Portal & WCM (Web Content Management).
- Managed small team by running daily SCRUM, task estimation & assignment, assisting in development issues and code reviews.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev environment needs. Performed configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Manage source code, software builds, software versioning, and defect tracking on software maintenance tasks/projects.
Environment: GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Docker, AWS (IAM, EC2, CloudWatch, S3, VPC), MySQL, APIGEE, Python, Splunk, Nagios, Jira, PowerShell.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Sr. DevOps/ Azure Engineer
- Designed and configured Azure Virtual Networks (VNets), subnets, Azure network settings, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, security policies and routing.
- Deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets.
- Monitoring and Implementing security on Azure IaaS VMs and virtual networks.
- Building and Installing servers through Azure Resource Manager Templates(ARM) or Azure Portal.
- Worked on Configuration of Internal load balancer, load balanced sets and Azure Traffic manager.
- Worked on Azure VPN-Point to Site, Virtual networks, Azure Custom security, endpoint security and firewall.
- Converted .Net application to Microsoft Azure Cloud Service Project as part of cloud deployment.
- Creating Storage Pool and Stripping of Disk for Azure Virtual Machines.
- Backup, Configure and Restore Azure Virtual Machine using Azure Backup.
- Implemented a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline with Docker, Jenkins, GitHub and Azure Container Service. Whenever a new GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins, our Continuous Integration (CI) server, automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it, The Docker container leverages Linux containers and has the Azure Container baked in. Converted our staging and Production environment from a handful of Azure Nodes to a single bare metal host running Docker.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing Images and managing Docker volumes.
- Containerization of Web application using Docker and Kubernetes and Database maintenance.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project environments.
- Integrated Maven with Jenkins for the builds as the Continuous Integration process.
- Installed and configured GIT and GITHUB.
- Implemented and maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing GIT repositories.
- Worked on configuration management using Chef.
- Managed multiple cookbooks in Chef and Implemented environments, roles, and templates in Chef for better environment management.
- Managed Python, Perl, Bash & Shell Scripting for build automations.
- Maintained Atlassian products like JIRA, Bamboo, Confluence, Fisheye.
- Used JIRA as a Change Management, Work Management and SCRUM Agile Tool.
- Installation, configuration and administration of numerous services like Apache web server, FTP (File Transfer Protocol, NTP (Network Time Protocol), NFS (Network File Sharing), Nginx.
- Troubleshoot any issues discovered while building, deploying and in production.
- Implemented of horizontal and vertical scaling of WebSphere Application Server (WAS) in a workload managed cluster which involved modeling and cloning (now called server groups and cloning) services in WAS 6.x.
- Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Documented the entire build and release process and provided support.
- Developed, maintained and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Provided periodic feedback of status and scheduling issues to the management.
- Kept track of all releases and request of the developers through infrastructure management tool.
- Mentored development teams on 12 factors methodology and micro services architecture to take advantage of Docker container services.
Environment: Azure, Jenkins, ANT, Maven, GIT, Chef, GIT, Docker, JAVA, Nginx, Python, Jira, WebSphere.
Confidential, Bothell, WA
- Responsible for defining branching & merging strategy, check-in policies, improving code quality, automated gated Check-ins, defining backup and archival plans.
- Coordinated with resources by working closely with Project Managers for the release and Project Manager for all the Operational Projects.
- Actively involved in architecture of DevOps platform and cloud solutions.
- Build Automation and Build Pipe Development using Jenkins and Maven.
- Analyzed the ANT build projects for conversion and converting to Maven build projects.
- Working for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation.
- Developing pom.xml files for Maven build scripts.
- Managed AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing(ELB) and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Puppet.
- Setup CI (Continuous Integration) for major releases in Jenkins and TeamCity.
- Worked extensively on Maven build tools for writing build.xml and pom.xml files respectively.
- Wrote Power Shell scripts to automatically restart the Deploy agents on Linux Machines.
- Executed various scripts like Power Shell/Python to automate build and release process.
- Written Cookbooks for various packages and installed them on VMs to perform QA testing.
- Carried out deployments and builds on various environments using CHEF continuous integration tool.
- Developed and implemented the software release management for the release of web applications.
- Designed and implemented automated deployment using Urban Code Deploy to manage major releases, monthly release and patches form development, integration and QA.
- Managed the Maven Repository using Nexus tool and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Worked on Kubernetes and Docker images to provide platform as service on private and public cloud.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments as per the requirement configuration using Docker Containers.
- Implemented Configuration Management, Change Management policies and procedures.
- Monitor the applications and provide daily reports on Splunk servers, responding timelines and troubleshooting.
- Designed and developed automated deployment and scaling processes based on puppet for a wide range of server types and application tiers, including Elastic Search.
- Automated the provisioning of Nginx instances through Puppet.
- Created Puppet manifests and modules to automate system operations. Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server.
- Documented project's software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Automation of daily tasks using Shell and Ruby scripts.
- Build, configured and support Application team environments.
- Coordinated with the Offshore and Onshore teams for Production Releases.
Environment: SVN, GIT, Maven, Chef, Docker, Ant, Jenkins, Puppet, AWS, CloudWatch, Tomcat, Shell, Ruby, Nexus and JIRA.
Build and Release Engineer
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Bind, Apache and MySQL.
- Responsible for setting up permissions and implementing security policy.
- Maintained separate development, test and production environments Application Server.
- Network Administration involving day-to-day routine checks, Configuration of LAN adapters, Routing, NFS, DNS and Troubleshooting.
- Implemented Cron tabs, Shell Scripts for automatic jobs.
- Installation and maintenance of the Internal DNS server.
- Familiarity with load balancing, firewalls.
- Build and Deploy Application to DEV, IST and UAT.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/CVS support for different projects.
- Developed and maintained Perl/Shell scripts for build and release tasks.
- Worked with JIRA for Issue Tracking and monitoring.
- Deployed Dynamic content to Application servers like WebSphere and WebLogic.
- Working experience with release engineering, build or configuration management in JBoss web application environment.
- Performed clean builds according to scheduled releases.
- Installed and Configured the Apache Tomcat application servers for Dev and Integration Test Environments.
- Documented release metrics, software configuration process. Used Maven scripts to build the source code. Supported and helped to create Dynamic Views and Snapshot views for end users.
- Performed Database Tasks as executing DML's in MySQL.
- Deployed the build artifacts into environments like QA, UAT according to the build life cycle.
- Worked with Oracle Database Admin to keep all the specified tables as assigned by developments in sync for every release.
- Worked on ANT and MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process.
- Working experience of deployment of Java applications through WebLogic/WebSphere Application servers. And build tools like Gradle.
- Implemented and improved process for release management, automated code deployment, configuration management, and monitoring.
- Involved in scrum meetings, product backlog and other scrum activities and artifacts in collaboration with the team.
Environment: SVN, Shell/Perl Scripts, SCM, Jenkins, Build Forge, Maven, and ANT, Tomcat, Jira.
Linux/ Unix Administrator
- Installed, and configured RHEL using Kickstart and Solaris 9, 10 using Jumpstart.
- Implemented virtualization environment using VMware ESXi 5.5, ESXi Cluster, and vCenter Server.
- Created, configured and maintained virtual machines in VMware ESXi with different OS.
- Created clones, and snapshots of virtual machines in VMware ESXi.
- Migrated VMware Virtual servers from one host group to new host group using vMotion.
- Involved in server migration from Solaris to RHEL, and from physical server to virtual server.
- Improved service levels by guaranteeing appropriate resources to virtual hosts using VMWare Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS).
- Created, and maintained large file systems with EMC and NetApp SAN devices.
- Managed the Disk using SVM, ZFS, VxVM in Solaris, and LVM in Redhat.
- Provided user administration like adding or deleting users, groups, group membership, and password aging.
- Wrote Scripts for automation of administration tasks.
- Implemented system upgrades including hardware, operating system and patch upgrades.
- Wrote manifests, classes, and modules in Puppet to automate and configure packages, services, files, directories, cron jobs and other resources in servers with various OS.
- Wrote Shell and Python scripts to automate admin jobs such as monitoring the servers for resource consumption, processes running, file handling such as moving, copying and renaming files, reading data from the files etc.
- Wrote Cron tab for scheduling of automatic repetitive jobs, and executing shell scripts.
- Installed and configured MS SQL server, JBoss and Oracle in Linux server.
- Debugged day to day issues and problem relating to systems, software and servers.
- Documented application configuration details in Solaris, and RHEL environment.
- Provided 24x7 on-call supports for 350+ servers.
Environment: RHEL 5.x, 6.x, Solaris 9, 10, VMWare ESXi 5.5, NetApp, VMware DRS, vMotion, SAN, VxVM, LVM, Puppet, Shell Scripting, Python, MS SQL server 2008, Oracle 11g, JBoss 6.x, Tomcat 7.E.