- Overall 7+ years of professional IT experience in Linux and Unix Environment working as an Administrator and Engineer with 3+ Years exclusively working on DevOps platform, and AWS Cloud.
- Worked on various Linux and Unix Platforms like Linux/Unix, Suse, CentOS, Redhat, Solaris and VMware.
- Performed Installation and Configuration of RHEL5.x/6.x, CentOS, SUSE, Ubuntu along with installation and configuration using Kickstart.
- Hands on experience working with various tools like GIT, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible and Nagios
- Experience working on Agile Development.
- Experience in creating and configuring EC2 instances in AWS including EC2 AMI, Auto - scaling, IAM, and AWS S3.
- Experience on deploying Puppet, Puppet Dashboard for configuration management in existing infrastructure.
- Worked on Puppet, creating Manifests and modules to configure multi-platform servers.
- Scripting knowledge on Bash, Python, Perl and Ruby.
- Performed Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) using Jenkins for end-to-end automation for all build and deployments.
- Experience in tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using GIT, Subversion (SVN).
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine and Docker Registry.
- Strong experience in handling Red Hat servers, Virtualization, and System Security.
- Experience on installation, configuration, test and deployment of applications on Apache Webserver, and Application servers such as Tomcat, JBoss.
- Production support of Apache and JBoss including installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting.
- Installation of Database servers and user management such as Oracle, MY SQL, SQL Server.
- Worked on disk space and File system management using Veritas Volume Manager 4.x/5.x, Logical Volume Manager (LVM), and ZFS.
- Expertise in user management involving, Creating users, groups, Assigning Permissions and Authorizations.
- Strong experience in working on LVM, SVM and SDB creating new volumes, increasing and decreasing file systems, mounting file systems, un-mounting file systems and troubleshooting Disk space issues.
- In Depth knowledge with network systems such as Servers, Switches, Firewalls, Routers, TCP/IP and HTTP.
- Excellent client relation skills and the drive to complete the tasks effectively and efficiently as well as the ablity to communicate effectively with all levels of management and the client community.
- Strong trouble-shooting and debugging skills and ablity to handle multiple tasks and can work independently as well as in a team.
- Worked on creating documentation and provided 24X7 call Support (rotation) to Production and Development environments.
Operating Systems: Linux (RedHat, CentOS & SUSE), Solaris 10/9/8, HP-UX 11.0, 11.11, IBM AIX (4.3/5.x), VMWare ESX,ESXi, SLES 8,9,10 & 11, Windows NT /2000/2003Hardware: M5000, M8000, T5220, T5240, Work Group Servers E450, E420, E250, E220, Netra 1405, Netra X1, Ultra 80, 60, 30, 10.
Networking: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, FTP, DNS, DHCP, Samba, Apache, SMTP, SSH, IP-Tables, Cisco Routers/Switches, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP
WEB /Application Servers: Tomcat, APACHE 2.x, 3.x, Jboss, Web Logic (8/9/10) & Web Sphere 4.0/5.0
Programming, Scripting Language & Databases: RDBMS, MySQL, Oracle, Sybase, MSSQL, C, UNIX Bash & Shell Scripting, Perl Scripting, Python, Ruby, HTML, VB
Backup Management: Veritas Netbackup 4.x/5.x/6.x, Ufsdump, Ufsrestore, TAR, cpio, dd, Tivoli, Symantec Netbackup 7.x
Third Party Software: VERITAS Volume Manager, VERITAS Cluster Service (VCS), EMC Storage, RAID Technologies, SSL, Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins, GIT, Nagios, Nginx.
Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, SNMP, SMTP, TELNET
Confidential, Iselin, NJ
- Worked with Agile SCRUM development.
- Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile development in versioning tool.
- Deployed Puppet Configuration Management Tool module.
- Assisted in code lines, branching, merging, integration, versioning etc.
- Developed script for automation and expedite the daily tasks.
- Responsible for maintaining and administration of GIT source code tool.
- Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in GIT.
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing automation solution.
- Worked on Continuous Integration CI Server and Continuous Deployment (CD) for end-to-end automation.
- Implemented Build/Deploy automation Server utilizing CI Technologies like Jenkins/Hudson, GIT and JIRA.
- Managed build results in Jenkins and deployed using work flows.
- Designed and developed new back-end services, maintaining and expanding our Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure.
- Worked on the migration from physical servers to cloud (AWS), and used Puppet to automate the infrastructure in AWS by creating EC2, S3, RDS, VPC and Route 53
- Worked on Ruby scripting for Puppet.
- Responsible for delivering of specific versions of various components of an application into target environments.
- Configured Jenkins to set alert when servers need attention and the amount of load is exceeded on the servers.
- Extensively monitored the servers in the infrastructure using Nagios.
- Worked on several Docker components like Docker Engine and Docker Registry.
- Performed activities like creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Developed and managed delivery pipeline and prioritized functioning period and quick server response time.
- Installed and Configured DHCP, FTP, TFTP, NIS, and NFS in Redhat Linux and oracle Linux environment.
- Provided 24x7 rotational support on a quarterly basis.
Environment: AWS, Jenkins, GIT, Puppet, Nagios, ANT, MAVEN, JIRA, Python, BASH & KORN Shell, WebSphere, WebLogic, Redhat Linux, DHCP, FTP, NFS, Ruby, NetApp.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
System Engineer/Devops Consultant
- Performed Installation and configured VMware ESX servers, DNS, FTP, TCP/IP, HTTP Web Server, Apache Web Server, WebSphere Application Server and Samba on Red Hat Linux.
- Responsible for installation and upgradation of patches and packages on RHEL 5/6 using RPM & YUM.
- Managed and configured VMware virtual machine for RHEL, Oracle /Sun Solaris, Oracle Linux server.
- Implemented day-to-day tasks in RHEL 5, 6 including user access, setting up sudo rules upgrading kernel, firmware, rpms as well as adding SAN disks.
- Worked on source controller tools like Subversion (SVN) by analyzing and resolving errors due to merging of source code and maintained history of repositories.
- Installed and Configured VMware ESXi 5.5 and created virtual machines on ESXi 5.5 Servers using Dell PowerEdge R410.
- Configured Jenkins servers and Jenkins nodes and performed Designing and Implementation of Continuous Integration (CI).
- Responsible for User Management and Plug-in Management for Jenkins
- Involved in designing and deploying AWS Solutions using EC2, S3, EBS, Elastic Load balancer (ELB) and auto scaling groups.
- Monitored Servers health check and hardware related issues using AWS Cloud Watch.
- Expertise in providing Access to Users and Groups using Identity Access Management (IAM).
- Experience involving configuring S3 versioning and lifecycle policies and backup files and archive files in glacier.
- Created multiple VPC instances
- Managed and Monitor User admin groups, maintaining account and system performance server and network infrastructure using NAGIOS.
- Performed Configuration Management and Server application management using Puppet.
- Responsible for configuring and monitoring distributed and multiple platform servers using Puppet.
- Developed Puppet Modules and Manifests to automate configuration of a broad range of services.
- Managed virtual instances and disks using Puppet, deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Experience in designing and implementing continuous integration system using Jenkins by creating Python and Perl scripts.
- Production support of Apache and JBoss including installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting.
- Involved in developing custom scripts using Python, PHP, Perl, Ruby, Shell (bash, ksh) to automate jobs.
Environment: Java, GIT, Jenkins, Hudson, Puppet, VM ware, Oracle Virtual Box, Docker, Nagios, Apache Web server, Ngnix, Tomcat, JBoss, Bash, Ruby, Python, Perl, PHP, Shell Scripting.
Confidential, Portsmouth, NH
Linux System Engineer
- Performed Installation, Upgrading and Deployment of Solaris and Red Hat Linux Operating system on X-86 based HP BL460, BL685 Hardware and on VMware ESX servers.
- Used RAID controllers for hard disk mirroring and striping with parity.
- Installed and configured VERITAS Storage Foundation Suite, VxVM, VxCS and Vxfs for Linux RHEL 5.X 64-bit Operating systems.
- Expertise in Creating and extending Volume Groups (VG) and Logical Volumes (LV).
- Using Jumpstart for Solaris and Kickstart for Linux, performed and automated installations of Operating System.
- Worked with DevOps team acquiring knowledge about various DevOps and cloud tools like Puppet, Docker, Jenkins, SVN, and AWS Cloud.
- Assisted team with installation and configuration of Puppet.
- Created Puppet modules and manifests in the test servers.
- Worked with cloud team to manage application in AWS.
- Performed Operating system Backups: Tar, rsync, snapshot and diff. Package and patch administration on Linux and AIX servers
- Performed Monitoring using Nagios to check performance related issues or hardware failure to all clients, servers.
- Responsible for maintenance & troubleshooting in Operating Systems & Hardware related errors.
- Expertise in users and groups administration on UNIX and Linux.
- Installed configured and maintained webservers and web applications like Weblogic, WebSphere, Java, J2EE, Tomcat, Apache.
- Hands on experience on DNS, NIS Master Slave Servers along with required clients
- Created and managed ZFS, VxFS, UFS and ext3 file systems using VERITAS Foundation Suite 5, SVM and LVM.
- Involved in Setup of full networking services and protocols on UNIX, including NIS/NFS, DNS, SSH, DHCP, NIDS, TCP/IP, ARP, applications, and print servers to insure optimal networking, application, and printing functionality.
- Created VMs for Solaris x86 and Linux on VMware ESXi 5.5 and administering them with VI Client.
- Involved in Design review meetings and coordinated with application team, BSOL and L&P.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x, VERITAS Volume manager, Veritas File System, VMware ESXi 5.5, HP Proliant servers BL460, BL685, IBM P550, P590, Enterprise scheduling Product, Tivoli Storage Manager
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
System Engineer ( Linux)
- Installed VMware ESX server, Red Hat 5.0/6.0 on Dell Servers and configured SUSE 11.x Red Hat Linux 5.0, 6.0 / Windows virtual machines for various applications.
- Performed Upgrades on to Linux ( RHEL 5x, 6x, SUSE 10, 11, CENTOS 5, 6 ) operating systems.
- Assisted and performed installation, configuration, and customization of services Sendmail, Apache, FTP servers to meet the user needs and requirements.
- Responsible for Administration and management of all Unix and Linux Servers at the client side applying relative patches and packages at regular maintenance periods, Monitoring.
- Hands on experience in changing memory modules, disk devices.
- Monitored using Nagios on CPU memory, physical disk, Hardware and Software RAID, multipath, file systems and network.
- Used cluster commands and log files to troubleshoot cluster related problems.
- Performed failover and integrity test on new servers before rolling out to production to minimize errors and to generate high performance.
- Collaborated with team for planning, scheduling and Implementing of OS patches on Linux boxes for maintenance and Secure Shell (SSH) implémentation.
- Developed and maintained standard operating procedures and work instructions for deployment processes and automated deployment and release distribution process with Shell, Perl .
- Worked on creating documentation and provided rotational call Support.
Environment:: Red Hat Linux 4.x, 5.x, Oracle 10g, Samba, VMware vSphere 5.0, VMware ESX 3.5.0,VMware ESXi 5.0, IBM DS Storage Manager, Shell Scripting.
- Performed Installation and configured Ubuntu, Centos on remote servers and Desktop servers.
- Installed and responsible for administration of RHEL 4.x,5.x.
- Configured kickstart server and provisioned updating/applying patches to the servers using Redhat Satellite server.
- Installed and Configured Squid Proxy Server for internet sharing and to block the unwanted sites.
- Maintained user authentication, syslog domain, and file sharing using Samba File Server.
- Setup Clustering for Linux servers and performed troubleshoot cluster related problems by checking log files and using cluster commands.
- Expertise in User Administration and Groups and authorizing Permissions.
- Diagnosed and resolved problems associated with DNS, DHCP, VPN, NFS, and Apache.
- Worked on Extending, creating and deleting of logical volumes including creation of physical volumes in Linux.
- Created and Administered Virtual Machines using VMware
- Performed OS upgrades and installation of third party software, packages and patches as per requirement.
- Maintained the Linux Firewall for network security and implement to secure the network.
- Performed BIOS UPGRADE and OS installations and configurations and maintenance.
- Performed Patching for Oracle by installing Oracle Patches and troubleshooting, creating and modifying application related objects and maintaining system security.
- Scheduled Backups for the servers.
- Managed Log Files are checked frequently for troubleshooting errors.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Oracle, PowerBuilder, Toad, Windows 2003 Server, Java, Trend Micro Antivirus, Dell PowerEdge1300, 1500, Acer Server, Citrix, VOIP, WebEx and Redhat Satellite server.