- Around 7 Years of extensive work experience comprising Software Configuration Management (SCM), DevOps Build/Release Management, Systems Administration, Change/Incident Management and Cloud Management.
- Experienced at Software Development Life Cycles and Agile Programming Methodologies.
- Understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, which include compiling, packaging, deploying and Application configurations.
- Good Experience in Chef and Puppet for Deployment on Multiple platforms.
- Worked with Version Control Systems CVS, SVN (Subversion), GIT.
- Skilled enough to build deployment, Build scripts and automated solutions (using scripting languages such as Shell, Perl, Ruby etc.)
- Expertise on Powershell scripts for automating tasks and process for end to end automation.
- Experience in Systems Administration (Installation, Configuration, Tuning and Upgrades of Linux (RedHat, Ubuntu and Oracle), Windows, UNIX platforms.
- Extensive experience with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo and branch builds on a network server.
- AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, EBS, CloudWatch, AWS Config, Cloud Front, IAM, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Route53.
- Creating S3 buckets and also managing policies for S3 buckets.
- Worked on small volume of nodes on Cloud Computing Platform Microsoft Azure for building, deploying and managing applications and services.
- Hands on experience on OS - level virtualization Docker.
- Experience in Atlassian Tools like Jira, Bamboo, Confluence, Bit Bucket.
- Deployed Docker Engines in Virtualized Platforms for containerization of multiple apps.
- Experience working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source. Installed, configured, upgraded and managed Puppet Master, Agents & Databases. Integration of Puppet with Apache and Passenger.
- Worked with continuous management and integration server TeamCity.
- Developed Ruby mostly on GNU/Linux especially Red Hat, Ubuntu.
- Extensively used Ruby scripting on Chef Automation for creating cookbooks comprising all resources, databags, templates, attributes.
- Experienced in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- Worked on Identity and Access Management IAM products to initiate, capture, record and manage user identities and their related access permissions in an automated fashion.
- Experience using RPMs to effectively package the applications for product deployments.
- Experience in configuration of Apache SOLR, Rabbit MQ, Mongo db, PostgreSQL, Active Directory, NIS, NIS+, DNS, DHCP, NFS, LDAP, SAMBA, SQUID, postfix, sendmail, ftp, remote access, security management and Security trouble shooting skills.
- Experience is using Tomcat, JBOSS, Weblogic and WebSphere Application servers for deployments.
- Experience in writing Ant and Maven build scripts for creating the builds (.jar .war and .ear) for the applications.
- Experienced in WAMP (Windows, Apache, MYSQL and Python) and LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and Python) Architecture.
- Designed and support all internal and client databases through LAMP Stack environment, as well as websites, version tracking software (git), ticket support system and WordPress.
- Experience in Installing Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
- Good understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ARP, TCP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, and TFTP)
- Managed environments DEV, SIT, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Experience in using bug-tracking systems like JIRA, Remedy, and Quality Center.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support.
- Good Interpersonal Skills, team-working attitude, takes initiatives and very proactive in solving problems and providing best solutions.
OS Administration: RedHat 6,7 Linux administration, Solaris 10 Administration, CentOS 5/6/7, Ubuntu
Scripting Tools: PowerShell, Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby
Version Control Tools: GitHub, SVN, Nexus
Application Servers: Tomcat, JBOSS, WebLogic
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo
Monitoring: Nagios, Zabbix, Cloudwatch, Splunk
Networking: DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, SMTP, LDAP
Databases: Oracle, MY SQL, MongoDB
Virtualization: Docker, VMware, Vagrant
Configuration Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
Cloud Services: AWS, Rackspace
Confidential, Mount Laurel, NJ
Environment: RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, AWS EC2, EBS, ELB, S3, VPC, Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, Atlassian Jira, Splunk, GIT, GitHub, Docker, ANT, Maven, Chef, Python, Jenkins, Docker, Shell Scripting.
- Functioning in the project as a Linux system administrator and a DevOps/Cloud Engineer, creating the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products on Linux Platform.
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX and Windows - Batch, Shell script etc. Implemented Chef Cookbooks for OS component configuration to keep AWS server's template minimal.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework tools.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Maven& Nexus in Linux environment.
- Automated application with Vagrant, and Ansible for development, test and deployment
- Build servers using AWS: Importing volumes, launching EC2, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers, Route 53, SES and SNS in the defined virtual private connection.
- Integration of Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, Urban Code Deploy with Patterns/Release, Git, Jira
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plug-in to deploy to AWS.
- Design and Implemented Cloud Orchestration solution using AWS & Docker.
- Working closely with Web Administrators to setup an Ansible deployment for SharePoint applications using SVN Tools.
- Hands on experience in Atlassian JIRA User and ticket management and managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the Jira tracking tool and Utilized Ansible, Puppet and Git to install and configure Linux environments with successful production.
- Configured Alarms and events for several services in AWS using Cloud Watch.
- Launched AWS infrastructure resources using Cloud formation templates.
- Built various AWS infrastructure resources VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Groups, Auto Scaling and RDS in JSON templates of Cloud Formation.
- Used Jenkins to automate most of the build related tasks.
- Experience in MongoDB (No SQL), Oracle and MS SQL server DB Tasks (DML and user management etc) and Managed and optimize the Continuous Delivery tools like Jenkins.
- Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing structures, and managing containers.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, machine, compose and Docker registry.
- Experience working on Docker Hub, creating Docker images, and handling multiple images.
- Managed Ubuntu Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 using Puppet.
- Used Splunk to analyze system performance from splunk dashboards, troubleshoot potential failure conditions, monitoring of business metrics, search and investigate outcomes.
- Used Splunk for collecting large amounts of logs and providing an interface to easily access them
- Server migration using cloud services like AWS from physical to cloud environment.
- Implemented AWS solutions using E2C, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
Environment: RHEL, CentOS, Solaris, Subversion, Zabbix, Java/J2EE, Jenkins, Chef, Atlassian JIRA, Ansible, Python, Maven, Splunk, GIT, ANT, AWS, ELK, Ruby, Bit Bucket, Unix, Shell Scripting, Kubernetes, Docker.
- Worked closely with the development and operation for the organization to implement the necessary tools and Process to support the automation of builds, deployments, testing and infrastructure (infrastructure as Code) using Chef.
- Developed Chef Recipes to configure, deploy and maintain software components of existing infrastructure.
- Resolving the JIRA tickets for different environments of DevOps for all the projects.
- Wrote Chef Cookbooks to bootstrap Chef Client and creation of VM's on cloud environments with the desired applications on the node.
- Major responsibilities include design, ownership, and drive the DevOps process strategy and implementation and develop DevOps methodology and culture by setting up an environment with continuous integration, continuous inspection, continuous testing, continuous monitoring, and continuous delivery using Jenkins.
- Evaluating performance of EC2 instances their CPU, Memory Usage and setting up EC2 Security Groups and VPC.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, and Maven.
- Moved their local server infrastructure into AWS, including their test and development environments.
- Designing the application layer of the product with EC2, RDS, and Elastic Cache, and configuring AWS Cloud Watch for application monitoring.
- Setting up and troubleshooting nightly/on-demand builds for all Patches/Hot-fixes for all the releases.
- Setting up Jenkins (Continuous Integration) builds for all releases on windows and Linux.
- Created Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Worked closely with resources and Project Manager during the release of Project and involved in all the Operational Projects.
- Actively involved in architecture of DevOps platform and cloud solutions.
- Analyzed and worked in conversion building project from ANT to Maven.
- Involved in designing and deploying multiple applications utilizing almost all of the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation and managing DNS using Route53 of AWS and setting up Auto scaling of the instance group using AWS command line tools and AWS cloud environment for Dev/QA environments.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into GIT repositories and give access rights to the authorized developers.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
DevOps/Linux Systems Administrator
Environment: RHEL, Solaris, Java/J2EE, ANT, Maven, Subversion, Linux, Python, Nagios, Puppet, GIT, Ruby, NFS, LVM, Tomcat, Remedy, Atlassian Confluence, Bamboo.
- Involved in defining documenting and maintaining code deployment pilot automation project documents
- Performed testing and validation for code deployment automation in UAT test environment
- Created continuous integration system using Ant, Jenkins, Puppet full automation, Continuous Integration, faster and flawless deployments.
- Involved in Setup and Configuration of Puppet Configuration Management.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation
- Created and updated Puppet manifests and modules, files, and packages stored in the GIT repository.
- Worked on Puppet manifest files to install tomcat intsances and to manage configuration for multiple applications.
- Setup Puppet dashboard and also ensure that Puppet master can communicate to puppet client.
- End to end Automation using PowerShell for User Account/Security Group provisioning and management.
- Utilized Atlassian Confluence to communicate with other co-workers to share the work. Researched and implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins with Bamboo.
- Worked on Version Control Systems like Rational Clear Case, Unified Configuration Management
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using puppet.
- Built an ELK Stack for MYSQL Monitoring.
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Puppet, or custom-built designing cloud-hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Configured S3 to host static web content, Elastic Load Balancers with EC2Autoscaling groups and deployed CloudStack using AWS OpsWorks.
- Configured Nagios to monitor EC2 linux instances with puppet automation
- Configured Apache webserver in the Linux AWS Cloud environment using Puppet automation.
- Used Build Forge and Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments.
- Experience in debugging the code deployment errors with the help of development team
- Drove releases, automated release process
- Work with Docker for convenient environment setup the test environments
- Integrated Jira with Jenkins to track change requests and bug fixes
- Created and implemented Nagios health checks.
- Managed the Release Communication and Co-ordination Process.
Confidential, Canonsburg, PA
Environment: Java, ANT, AnthillPro, JIRA, Linux, WebLogic, Subversion, Shell scripting, Jenkins, LAMP, pyUNIT, Rspec, Apache, NFS, LVM, SSL, Tomcat.
- Involved in setting up Jira as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for the Jira bug/issue tracker.
- Integrated ANT with Subversion to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Installed and administered Nexus repository to deploy the artifacts generated by ANT and to store the dependent jars which are used during the build.
- Mentor Business Areas on Subversion Branching, Merging strategies concepts.
- Resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in AnthillPro and Jira.
- Involved in implementing Tool Suite (Jira, Jenkins).
- Setting up continuous integration and formal builds using AnthillPro with ANT and Nexus repository.
- Installed and configured Confluence as the enterprise wiki to document development and change management procedures.
- Responsible for installing Jenkins master and slave nodes and also involved in plugin Git and schedule jobs using Poll SCM option.
- Done with LAMP Setup in Ubuntu, MySQL setup, Performance Tuning, Replication, Commands, Backup and overall Administration.
- Involved partially in deploying WARs/EARs (backend) through WebLogic Application Server console.
- Performed setup of clustered environment with WebLogic Application Server.
- Used Shell script to configure the WebLogic application server in all the environments
- Support Lead developers with Configuration Management issues.
- Worked for Creating the Software Configuration Management Plan.
- Used jUNIT unit testing framework for Java and pyUNIT, RSpec for python & ruby, for test driven development.
- Secured communication using SSL mutual authentication between multiple Vendor Products and all integration endpoints like F5 Load balancer, Apache, Tomcat, Ldap, Data power ESB for web services integration.
- Installed, configured, administered Apache, JBoss, Web Sphere Application Server and Web Sphere MQ on Linux for multiple high profile projects.
- Configured the web-server interfaces (plugin file and mod jk, mod cluster, mod proxy, mod rewrite, mod balancer), session management, virtual hosts, data sources, HTTP transports for Application Server instances and applications.
- Integrated Ldap in Site minder Console and creating trusted hosts for Webservers.
- Setup, configure and troubleshot TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, NFS, CIFS and Samba servers in a multiplatform LAN.
- Managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the Jira tracking tool
- Managed the entire release communication and Release co-ordination during the Project roll-out
- Involved in estimating the resources required for the project based on the requirements.
Confidential, Austin, TX
Linux Systems Administrator
Environment: Red Hat Linux (RHEL 4/5/6), Solaris 9, IBM AIX 4.3, 5L, Logical Volume Manager, Sun & Veritas Cluster Server LAMP, Global File System, Nginx, Redhat Cluster Servers.
- Involved in Design, Configuration & Implementation of Unix/Linux migration activities from 3PAR to EMC SAN devices like VMAX.
- Involved in 24X7 Production support, Build and Migration Assignments.
- Worked Primarily on RHEL 4/5, HPUX, IBM AIX 4.3, 5L and Solaris 9 Operating Systems.
- Text processing, also in network programming with Perl Scripting.
- Involved in migration activities using Redhat LVM, Solaris LVM, Veritas and EMC Open Migrator.
- Implemented DevOps.
- Installation of OAS (Oracle Application Server) on Solaris 9 and its configuration with oracle database.
- Experience running EMC GRABS, Heat and Sun Explorer reports and working with EMC and SUN/Oracle support teams.
- LAMP Server Build and Configuration.
- Migrated ORACLE RAC servers using system EMC Open migrator and effectively worked with the database team to bring up/down the databases.
- Writing Shell and Perl Scripting for automation of job.
- Tuning the kernel parameters based on the application/database requirement
- Used Veritas File system (VxFS) and Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) to configure RAID 1 and RAID 5 Storage Systems on Sun Solaris.
- File system tuning, growing, and shrinking with Veritas File system 3.5/4.x.
- Configuration and maintenance of NIS, NFS, DHCP and DNS Servers on Solaris.
- Installed and configured GFS cluster for holding databases.
- Manage user accounts for the team access for Redhat Satellite Server.
- Build channels and pull the packages from master Redhat Satellite Server.
- Troubleshooting hardware, software and configuration problems for various protocols and topologies.
- Configured open LDAP Red Hat Linux systems.
- Setup optimal RAID levels (fault tolerance) for protected data storage in NAS environments.
- Install and configure DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Nginx, IIS), mail (SMTP IMAP and POP3) and file servers.
- Hardening Server security using SSL, SELinux and IPTABLES
- Created new slices, mounted new file systems and unmounted file systems.
- Expertise in troubleshooting the systems and managing LDAP, DNS, DHCP and NIS.
- Worked with different Active directory databases like Microsoft AD, Tivoli Directory server with LDAP.
- Worked on making DNS entries to establish connection from server to DB2 database.
- Experienced Cloud Computing technology.
- Performed patching, backups on multiple environments of Solaris, Linux and VMware.
- Assisted other UNIX administrators when help was needed (i.e. creating UNIX accounts, writing scripts to perform system administrator functions, responding to trouble tickets, etc).
- Involved in preparation of functional and system specifications. Estimated storage requirements for applications.
Environment: Redhat Linux 4,5,6 Sun Solaris 8,9,10 Sun V440, V490 T5220 T5240 Sparc stations 20, Switches, VMware ESX, Oracle.
- Performed system administration of UNIX servers by using Operating Systems of Solaris 2.7/8 Managing SUN Solaris, Compaq and Linux workstations and servers.
- Installation of patches and other software packages Disk and File system management through Solstice Disk Suite on Solaris and other logical volume manager for other flavor of UNIX.
- Configuration of Hardware and Software RAID on Digital & Sun Servers.
- Installation of Oracle Patches and Troubleshooting, Creating and modifying application related objects, Creating Profiles, Users, Roles and maintaining system security.
- Configuration and maintenance of NIS, NFS, DHCP and DNS Servers on Solaris.
- Worked in Qmail MTA Installation and Configuration.
- Managing UNIX Infrastructure and EMC storage involving maintenance of the servers and troubleshooting problems in the environment.
- Installing operating systems Solaris, Linux and HP according to business requirements.
- Planning and implementing the configuration changes to the servers adhering with ITIL change management process.
- Trouble shooting the issues ranging from Solaris, Linux and SAN environments.
- Created and Maintained Solaris 10 zones/containers.
- Experience in creation and maintenance of ZFS file systems.
- Regularly applying patches both for SUN and Linux systems.
- Installed and Configured Jumpstart and KickstartServer..
- Creating and maintenance of Virtual machines in VMware ESX.
- Installed Web Logic 8.1 with SP5 Server and configure domains, Admin and managed servers for Applications to be deployed.
- Configured, Installed LDAP Solaris and Linux server.
- Connecting to ESX server by using VIC, putty and Web access.
- Migrated central send mail server to Postfix and Installed and Migrated SAP from Linux to Sun servers.
- Involved in SAN migration project to migrate the data across the storage arrays.
- Disk Management Utility. Used daily for file system creation and file system management.