- Over 8+years of professional experience in solving complex problems with Creative Solutions, Supporting Development, Build and Release Management, Process Automation, Deployment Automation, Packaging Quality Control, Source Code repository & Environment management.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Extensively Worked on DevOps operations using different tools for achieving Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Proficient in Software Configuration Management for maintaining versions of scripts, java code and controlling the building and implementation of the code/projects into different environments.
- Experience in Administration/Maintenance of source control management systems, such as Sub Version (SVN), Perforce, TFS, GIT and knowledge of ClearCase.
- Provide training to the development and testing teams on ClearCase and ClearQuest.
- Experience in working with different build automation tools like Jenkins, Teamcity, Bamboo and Maven to achieve End - to-End Automation.
- Involved in the functional usage and deployment of applications in Web Logic, Web Sphere and Apache Tomcat Server.
- Experience in working with automation tools like Puppet, SaltStackand Chef.
- Experience in writingwith Java, Perl, Python, Ruby and shell scripts for compilation and deployment process
- Managed Amazon Web Services like EC2, S3 bucket, RDS, EBS, ELB, Auto-Scaling, AMI, IAM through AWS Console and API Integration with Puppet Code.
- Responsible for creating multi-region, multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Worked closely with development teams and performance test engineers for EC2 size optimization.
- Utilize AWS Cloud watch to monitor environment for operational & performance metrics during load testing.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI’s, Whenever a new GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins, our Continuous Integration server, automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it
- Experience of Migration & deployment of Applications with upgrade version of Applications.
- Strong knowledge on source controller concepts like Branches, Merges and Tags.
- Experience in JIRA to capture, organize and prioritize issues. Experience in partially administering JIRA for issue management
- Migrated CVS Version Management tool to Subversion.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications in Subversion (SVN).
- Administered tasks like taking backups, expanding file system disk space, creating NFS mounts.
- Proficient in build tools like Jenkins to automate and pre-compile the code for the build process.
- Automating Web Sphere EAR file deploys through Cruise Control, Jenkins, Team City, and Bamboo.
- Worked in an agile development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using tools like puppet &Jenkins.
- Expertise on all aspects of puppet components with knowledgeable to create POC's for enterprise organizations, setting up puppet repo's (local & remote) working with both hosted and standalone server versions.
- Familiar with integrating JUnit, PMD and other code quality Tests as a part of build process.
- Expertise in trouble shooting the problems generated while building, deploying and also in production support.
- Design EC2 instance architecture to meet high availability application architecture and securityparameters.
- Efficient in working closely with core product teams to ensure high quality and timely delivery of builds.
- Excellent communicative, interpersonal, intuitive, analysis and leadership skills with ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments.
- Experience supporting 24x7 production computing environments. Experience providing on-call and weekend support.
Operating Systems: RHEL 5/6, Sun Solaris Release 2.10/2.9/2.8, IBM-AIX 5.X, Windows 2003/2008/2012, LINUX, UNIX
Web/ Application Server: Tomcat, Apache DB2, Oracle, Web logic, Web Sphere, JBoss, IIS
Containerization and Search Engine: Docker, Elastic Search, Kibana ( Visualization), Logstash (Logs )
Continuous Integration and Configuration Tools: Puppet, Chef, Docker, ANT, Maven, ELK, SaltStack, GitHub, Jenkins, Rundeck, JIRA, Bamboo, Teamcity
Databases: My SQL, MS Access, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, DB2, Cassandra
Monitoring and Testing: Nagios, Selenium IDE, BPPM(BMC), Splunk, Junit, Ansible
Languages: Python, Ruby, asp.net, PL/SQL, Java/J2EE
Scripting Languages: Shell scripting, Perl scripting.
Network: TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP, AD, DHCP
Virtualization: VMWare ESX/ESXi, AWS(Amazon Web Services), Vagrant, Azure
Version Control Tools: CVS, SVN, Harvest, Perforce.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Responsible for the Plugin Management, User Management, Build/Deploy Pipeline Setup and End-End Job Setup of all the projects
- Developed build and deployment processes for Pre-production environments.
- Experience in migrating physical Linux/Windows servers to cloud (AWS).
- Created Cloud Formation templates for deploying AWS resources though Jenkins.
- Implemented the puppet setup and configuration on VM’s from the scratch and deployed the run-list into server and bootstrap the clients remotely.
- Wrote, deployed and managed our merge-to-master continuous integration pipeline (Jenkins-puppet master-deploy to cluster in AWS)
- Build application and database servers using AWS, EC2 and create AMIs as well as use RDS forOracle DB.
- Designed an Architectural Diagram for different applications before migrating into Amazon cloud for flexible, cost-effective, reliable, scalable, high-performance and secured.
- Deployments to multiple servers in testing and production environments using Jenkins, Git and Docker.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation from Dev to Eval, Eval to Pre Prod/ Pre Prod to Production systems using Jenkins, GIT, SVN.
- Experience in creating Docker file to create custom images and setting up, managing Docker private repository.
- Maintaining the user accounts (IAM), RDS, SES and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Provide highly durable and available data by using S3 data store, versioning, lifecycle policies, and create AMIs for mission critical production servers for backup.
- Developed Shell/Python Scripts for automation purpose.
- Resolved merging issues during rebasing and re-integrating branches by conducting meetings with Development Team Leads.
- Automated Weekly releases with ANT/Maven scripting for Compiling Java Code, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Used Puppet to automate Configuration management and to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points and Packages.
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity, and code conflict resolution.
- Created selenium tests for deployment of new platforms.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks.
- Have deployed various applications through Docker containers.
- Involved in writing parent POM files to establish the code quality tools integration.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins.
- Hands on experience in creating and customizing Splunk applications, searches, and dashboards.
- Worked on NoSQL database Cassandra.
- Worked on Database Installer-, which maintains the changes in the database for the easy Integration of the Database tools like Liquibase, No SQL, Cassandra and Flyway for generating the DDL changelogs and easy migrating between the environments.
- Used Jenkins, Build forge for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Installed and Configured the Nexus repository manager for sharing the artifacts within the company.
- Involved in Research of the project application architecture to support/resolve build, compile, and test issues/problems.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published.
- Participated in all Product Release and Patches.
Environment: AWS Cloud formation, AWS OpsWorks, Artifactory,Subversion (SVN), Jenkins, Docker, Java/J2EE, ANT, JIRA, MAVEN, Git, GitHub, Puppet, Cucumber, Cassandra, TC Server,Splunk, Tomcat, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, XML, Data Center, UNIX, Windows 2012/2008, Oracle.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Responsible for streamlining the build, deployment and release of technology for commercial cards enterprise system using scripting, SVN, and Java technologies, architecture, and design framework.
- Designed and implemented Subversion and GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Automated the build process using build tool Jenkins and scheduled it daily for the sanity check of the Java code checked in by the developers.
- Introduced new techniques and technologies for build automation to evolve existing systems.
- Created shell scripts for automation of different projects including SQLDatabase deployments to different environments like DEV, SIT, UAT etc.
- Worked efficiently with Applications Development and Support group to implement, test and rollout new patch releases.
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
- Involved in Migrating applications to the AWS cloud.
- Automate infrastructure in AWS using amazon web services. Deploy puppet to completelyprovision and manage AWS EC2 instances, volumes, DNS, and S3.
- Suggested tools and related implementation to engineering teams regarding cloud based services.
- Deploying and managing many servers utilizing both traditional and cloud oriented providers(Azure) with the Chef Platform configuration system from first light, through initial technology development, and into production and maintenance.
- Created Test automation framework, writing test automation scripts using Selenium Web Driver.
- Executed QA services for enhancing efficiency of technologies and related updates for cloud storage applications.
- Wrote JUnit test cases for unit, integration, and functional tests, run automatically by Jenkins in the builds triggered by each push to Git
- Installed and configured monitoring tools Nagios for monitoring the network bandwidth and the hard drives status.
- Designed Puppet Modules to manage configurations and automate installation process.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Web logic.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Installed and upgraded the patches and packages on RHEL 5/6 using RPM & YUM.
- Responsible for first and second level problem analysis and resolution for system and application tools utilizing already existing UNIX scripts and Windows run books.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Created Branches, and performed Merges in Source Tree & Stash.
- Dockers are integrated into various tools like AWS, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Bamboo, Vagrant, Jenkins & VMware containers.
- Worked on Configuration management tool Ansible for continuous delivery.
- Worked closely with developers to pinpoint and provide early warnings of common build failures.
- Created Perl & UNIX scripts for build and Release activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Worked with customers, developers, testing, product management and support staff.
- Executed user administration and maintenance tasks including creating users and groups, reports and queries.
- Kept track of all the releases and request of the developers through Infrastructure management tool.
Environment: SVN, GIT, ANT, MAVEN, Jenkins, Python, JAVA/J2EE, Web Logic,Puppet, Unix/Linux, Windows, Ruby, Perl, Shell, Jira, Junit, Azure, Apache Tomcat, XML, Docker, Vagrant, VMWare, Web Logic
Confidential, Dublin, OH
- Worked on the installation, configuration and maintenance of Red Hat 5.x, 6.x Servers, SUSE,UBUNTU, AIX and Cent OS at various Data Centers.
- Managed and configured VMware virtual machine for RHEL, Oracle /Sun Solaris, Oracle Linuxserver.
- Responsible for installation and upgrade of patches and packages on RHEL 5/6 using RPM &YUM.
- Worked on network connectivity troubleshooting; used ping, netstat, ipconfig, and trace routecommands. Login to the remote system using sudo, putty, and telnet.
- Automated The Build process using ANT, Shell and Jenkins.
- Responsible for Development (POC/DEV), Testing (IT, QA and Breakfix, Staging) andProduction builds and releases.
- Experienced in Performance Monitoring, Security, Trouble shooting, Disaster recovery,Maintenance and Support of UNIX systems.
- Assisted with maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, and source controlsystem.
- Responsible for CI environments using products like Serena Dimensions, Jenkins, Sonar andWebSphere/RAD.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and shell scripts. Also create new jobsthrough Jenkins.
- Enforced automation in build and deployment procedures, executed code builds and deploymentactivities.
- Installed, configured and maintained web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Web Server,WebSphere Application Server and Samba Server on Red Hat Linux.
- To Migrate Data for all the website using Talend, XSL, XML and Core JAVA
- Responsible for design and maintenance of multiple projects in Serena Dimensions Repository.
- Created analytics matrices reports, dash boards for release services based on JIRA and PPMtickets.
- Responsible for configuration and maintenance of Search Engine Optimization tool and creatingweekly reports for the applications.
- Developed cookbooks and recipes for the architecture standpoint.
- Led different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases and keeping trackof the various integration points.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigatepotential risks associated with the releases.
- Worked closely with Web Admins, DBAs and Business Analysts as part of troubleshootingApplication/Deployment issues.
- Responsible for managing the source code repository of multiple applications throughoutdevelopment process.
- Led and coordinated the monthly and weekly on-call deployments of application code toProduction environments.
- Created and maintained documentation of Build configuration, processes, procedures, schedule ofbuild calendars and change history.
Environment: Serena Dimensions, ANT, Jenkins, Sonar Qube, Selenium Testing, Shell ScriptJava/J2EE, WebSphere and Portal server, Talend, Search Engine Optimization(SEO), AppScan.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Build & Release Engineer
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing a complete automation solution.
- Automated the regular build and deployment processes for pre-production environments using tools such as Maven following the Software Implementation Plan.
- Implemented & maintained the branching, merging and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Worked on Nexus repository to maintain artifacts and used as a local repository.
- Implement and maintenance RAID array storage systems by fine tuning Bash shell scripts and adding cron jobs to better system performance tuning and automate archiving system with cron jobs.
- Applying organization security policies to harden Linux by patching and removing, users, services.
- Performed setup of clustered environment with Web Logic Application Server.
- Worked in Cross-Platform Environments like UNIX and Windows.
- Coordinated the Development Team, QC and Application Support in Deploying the Code to the right System Test Environment using Hudson Tool.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to Tomcat Application servers in an Agile continuous integration process and automated the whole process.
- Implemented the Chef Software setup and configuration from the scratch and deployed the run-list into chef-server and bootstrap the chef clients remotely.
- Customized changes in Data Bags, Roles and Recipes.
- Involved in searching node attributes using Knife.
- Deploying the cookbooks, recipes using knife tool from Chef-DK Workstation to Chef-server.
- UsedJira as ticket tracking and work flow tool.
- Created user, rpm packages and patch management & configuration implementations.
- Responsible for maintaining the run list on chef-server.
- Automated build scripts using Cruise Control with ANT, Maven and Shell Scripts.
- Resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Jenkins and JIRA.
- Subversion and GIT enhanced with applications Fisheye and Crucible.
- Used Jmeter and Selenium for load testing and front end performance testing.
- Coordinated with Project Managers to develop the SCM Plans and Tool Usage Models.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Apache Tomcat.
- Documented project's software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Created views and appropriate meta-data, performed merges and executed builds on a pool of dedicated build machines.
Environment: Subversion, Nexus, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, JIRA, XML, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, Perl Scripts, Shell scripts, UNIX, Windows, Veritas Net Backup, SQL Server, Perforce, Jenkins, Hudson, Chef
Build & Release Engineer
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production.
- Responsible for supporting Linux System Administrator customers with RHEL/Centos/Ubuntu operating systems questions and problems via telephone, FAX, and email.
- Analyze and create daily reports on the status of server backups on intranet and extranet.
- Build artifacts (WAR's and EAR's) are deployed into a Web logic app server by integrating the WLST scripts to Shell Scripts.
- Assist with maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, and maintained the source control system.
- Managed the source codes repository of multiple development applications using SVN version control tools.
- Merged release branches to the trunk after the production release and resolved the conflicts if any during the merge in Subversion.
- Used MAVEN to automate the build process.
- Builds and deploys J2EE application in Web Sphere
- Enhanced Configuration Management using (PUPPET) to assist with automated, repeatable, and consist configuration and application deployments.
- Assisted Operations Team by writing specific Puppet manifests to deal with application installations and related configuration files.
- Responsible for scaling/upgrading/maintaining the application.
- Created custom developer tools and workflows for testing and releasing Puppet code .
- Worked with scrum and development team in overseeing bug tracking, test prioritization, test automation and releases.
- Used Apache Tomcat as application server for deploying the artifacts.
- Performed Backend Testing by writing SQL Queries with MySQL as RDBMS Database.
- Support Production/development and Testing systems, UNIX system upgrading and UNIX Network configuration.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Tortoise SVN.
- Used different UNIX commands like NMON to monitor the health and specs of the systems and then took appropriate action accordingly.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Managed email (Postfix and Send mail), LDAP and Oracle services.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process. Adding storage to the cluster disks and increasing/ decreasing the file system in RHEL.
- Project Management experience performing ITIL release management and SCM activities.
- Created analytical matrices reports for release services based on Remedy tickets.
- Coordinated with developers, Business Analyst and Mangers to make sure that code is deployed in the Production environment.
- Troubleshoot tickets on the helpdesk tracking system.
Environment: RHEL, Centos, Ubuntu, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, puppet, SVN, GIT, UNIX, MySQL, Apache Tomcat, Web logic, Java/J2EE