- DevOps Engineer with 10 years of experience with emphasis in DevOps methodologies and focused on Automation of Build/Deployment/Environment Management areas by implementing CI / CD pipelines to help teams deliver a better and reliable software into production environments.
- Experience in administration and troubleshooting of different operating systems Windows, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux and CentOS
- Expertise in implementing merging, branching strategies, defect fixes and configuration of version control tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT, Bit Bucket and Git Hub for smooth release management into production environments.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as jar, war and ear from source code and plugin management as per requirements.
- Experience in using different arti - factory repository managers like Nexus, Arti-factory and Jfrog for Maven builds.
- Strong experience with CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies using Ansible, AWS, Jenkins, Bamboo and Team City
- Worked on Jenkins and Docker interactively and integrating together for end to end automation of builds and deployment.
- Effective implementation of AWS cloud platform and its features including S3, EC2, Elastic Load balancing (ELB), Auto Scaling, security groups, VPC, IAM, Route53, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS and SQS
- Worked on S3 bucket for storing scripts for scheduling automated backup jobs.
- Experience in Server infrastructure development on AWS Cloud, extensive usage of Virtual Private Cloud.
- Expertise in administering deployments into production environments by using different webservers like JBoss, WebSphere with Apache HTTP Server, Weblogic and Apache tomcat.
- Strong experience with DevOps methodologies and cloud infrastructure automation tools like Ansible and Chef.
- Good hands-on experience on Chef as configuration management tool, automate repetitive tasks, quick deployment of critical applications, manage changes effectively and automate tasks for continuous delivery into server environments by writing customized recipes and cookbooks.
- Expertise with Chef Data bags, Ohai plugin, Chef supermarket, provisioning concepts and all various cookbook components like attributes definitions, files, libraries, recipes, resources & templates.
- Good hands-on experience on Ansible and Ansible Tower as configuration management tool and writing playbooks that automate repetitive tasks, managing changes for critical applications for continuous delivery.
- Experience with container based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images and Docker-hub.
- Experience in using Kubernetes to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker containers.
- Expertise in monitoring System/Application Logs of server using Splunk, Amazon Cloud Watch and Nagios to detect production issues.
- Experience in execution of Ruby, Shell, Bash, PowerShell and Python scripts to automate tasks.
- Deployed and configured Atlassian Jira, in both hosted and local instances for issue tracking, workflow collaboration, and tool-chain automation.
- Familiar with all major PaaS platforms such as Cloudfoundry.
- Strong experience with big data processing using Hadoop technologies HDFS, MapReduce, Spark, Hive and Pig.
- In-depth knowledge of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
- Able to coordinate effectively with testers, developers, technical support engineers and all the concerned people in trying to achieve overall enhancement of software product quality.
Operating System: Linux, Ubuntu, Centos, Windows
Version Tools: SVN, GIT
Build Tools: Maven and Ant.
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Ansible.
Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, Jboss, Websphere.
Virtualization Platforms: VM, Vagrant.
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes.
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, JIRA, Nagios.
Database: MySQL, MSSQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL
Code Quality: Sonarqube
Programming Languages: Java, Shell, SQL, Basic C/C++, Ruby and Python.
Confidential, Irving, Texas
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Migrating an existing on-premises application to AWS by selecting the appropriate AWS services EC2, VPC, AMI, EB Volumes, RDS based on compute, data, or security requirements.
- Involved in building S3 buckets and managing the access permissions using bucket policies and access control lists (ACL) and dealt with object life cycle management and versioning to automate the object archival.
- Managed multiple AWS accounts with multiple VPC’s for both production and non-prod where primary objectives included automation, build out, integration and cost control.
- Developing cloud formation templates and setting up Auto scaling for EC2 instances and creating Cloud watch alerts for instances and using them in Auto-scaling launch configurations.
- Used Ansible to run ad-hoc commands and playbooks to automate tasks and integrated with Ansible.
- Maintained high availability clustered and standalone server environments and refined automation components with scripting and configuration management (ansible)
- Wrote the ansible playbooks which is the entry point for Ansible provisioning, where the automation is defined through tasks using YAML format. Run Ansible scripts to provision dev servers
- Used Jenkins and Ansible for Continuous Integration and continuous deployment in multiple environments.
- Used Ansible as the configuration management tool and orchestrating the interaction of multiple configurations so that they work efficiently as the whole unit.
- Managed the security and compliance of all the users of Ansible and taken care of the application deployment.
- Configured Ansible to manage AWS environments and automate the build process for core AMIs used by all application deployments including Auto scaling and Cloud formation scripts.
- Experience with Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Servers. And worked in setting up Jenkin slaves for end to end automation.
- Management and design of integrated build pipelines using continuous integration workflows and deployed the artefacts into Nexus.
- Able to create scripts for system administration and AWS using languages such as BASH and Python.
- Worked with JIRA for bug tracking and sending notifications to admin to resolve the issues.
- Developed Docker images to support Development and Testing Teams and their pipelines and distributed images like Jenkins, Selenium, JMeter and ElasticSearch, Kibana and Logstash (ELK) and handled the containerized deployment using Kubernetes.
- Worked in a group running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in Amazon AWS cloud configuration. Also gain familiarity with surrounding technologies such as Kubernetes.
- Had experience in monitoring System/Application Logs of server using Splunk to detect production issues.
- Created Jenkins CI, CD pipelines for continuous build & deployment and integrated Junit and SonarQube plugins in Jenkins for automated testing and for Code quality check.
- Provided consistent environment using Kubernetes for deployment scaling and load balancing the application from dev through QA, easing the code development and deployment pipeline by implementing Docker containerization.
- Created the naming strategy for branches and labels and involved continuous integration (CI) system with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-in's come from the developer and integrating with Maven and Jenkins for continuous delivery.
- Installed Jenkins Plugins, setup SCM Polling for immediate build with Maven and maven repository (Nexus) and implemented CI jobs to schedule the builds
- Worked with development teams and business areas to plan future capacity requirements and hold regular meetings to review usage as well as create, revise, and report any new measurements required to manage mainframe or distributed environments.
Confidential, Pleasanton, California
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provisioned non-production environments and handled configuration management to drive software continuous integration and continuous delivery using GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Cloud and Docker container services.
- Primary responsibilities include Build and Deployment of the java applications into different environments like Dev, INT and QA.
- Manage re-architecture of Jenkins and integration with Confluence for release management and documentation assets. Re-architect a Maven based system reducing build times.
- Used Subversion and GIT as version Control management systems.
- Installed, configured, administered Apache Tomcat Application Servers on Linux for multiple high-profile projects.
- Used WebLogic as the application server for purpose of deployment of production and staging.
- Administered Jenkins continuous integration server installation and configuration to automate application packaging and deployments and implemented the master slave configuration on Jenkins.
- Participated in CI/CD pipeline for configuration management system and application development leveraging Chef, Git, AWS and Jenkins.
- Deployed and configured Chef Server including bootstrapping of chef client nodes for provisioning.
- Written Chef recipes in Ruby to automate infrastructure administration and deployment automation.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC , subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end-product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef recipes.
- Implemented the Chef Software setup and configuration on VM's from the scratch and deployed the run-list into chef-server and bootstrapped the chef clients remotely.
- Maintained multiple cookbooks in Chef by converting production support scripts to Chef recipes to automate the configurations in servers.
- Participated in configuring and monitoring distributed multiple platform servers using Chef and used Chef server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Worked with various custom resources, created roles & environments and using chef handlers for various auto kickoff requirement jobs.
- Automated infrastructure configuration using Chef. Deployed cookbooks and managed Berkshelf to download cookbook dependencies.
- Working for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation.
- Collaborate in the automation of AWS infrastructure via Terraform, Ansible and Jenkins and services configuration via Chef Cookbooks .
- Written Unit test cases for chef recipe testing using test kitchen, foodcritic etc.
- Contributed to the project by using tools like Nagios. Monitoring Memory Leaks in application using jprofiler.
- Worked with end to end orchestration tools like Anthill Pro, Udeploy and Rundeck to implement and maintain a build to deployment life cycle with one click of a button.
- Worked with Docker Trusted Registry as repository for our docker images and worked with Docker container networks.
Confidential, Orlando, Florida
Build and Release Engineer
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Initiated responsibility for administering the SVN and GIT servers which included install, upgrade, backup, adding users, creating repository/branches, merging, writing hooks scripts, performance tuning, troubleshooting issues and maintenance.
- Worked on integrating GIT into the continuous Integration (CI) environment along with Jenkins.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining build, deployment scripts for test, Staging and Production environments using Maven.
- Managed different plugins in Jenkins for various requirements for a particular job in CI and CD phases.
- Automated builds using Jenkins for continuous build integration and managed the slaves on different operating systems.
- Automate remote deployment of builds into Dev, Test and Production servers.
- Administered and engineered Jenkins to manage Build, Test and Deploy chain, GIT with Development/ Test/ Production Branching model for releases.
- Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins .
- Responsible for continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) process implementation-using Jenkins along with python and shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Defined dependencies and plugins in Maven pom.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Experienced in authoring POM.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, successful deployment of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Repository management in Maven to share snapshots and releases of internal projects using Nexus tool.
- Automate releases with Maven scripting to compile java code, debugging and placing builds in Maven repository.
- Used JIRA for ticket tracking and managed different issues, change management as per Agile Management.
- Written cookbooks for installing Tomcat, Web logic, JBoss, Web Sphere etc. and for configuring load balancers and fail over.
- Maintained all security and policies of the whole code base using Team Foundation Server(TFS) 2008 integrated functionality, TFS Power Tools
- Used VMware vMotion to move VM’s from one datacenter to another datacenter.
- Developed scripts using BASH files for Automation of activities and builds.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implemented & maintained the branching, merging and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion and Git.
- Configured email and messaging notifications, managed users and permissions, and system settings by using Jenkins/Hudson
- Proposed different branching strategies for SVN Subversion to support the parallel development for various projects.
- Created and managed all the branches for short term and long-term projects in SVN Subversion.
- Implemented and manipulated Shell scripts in conjunction with Maven for release and build automation to suit the requirement.
- Involved in editing the existing Maven(pom.xml) files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Build scripts using Maven build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Created documentation for Application deployment (WAR, JAR, EAR) in domain and clustered environments to achieve High Availability and Fail-over functionality.
- Maintained WebLogic Application Server on different UNIX platforms and have setup development, testing, staging and production environments for the ongoing application development.
- Performed build automation from labeling the source code to sending out build status E-mail and uploading the binary deliverable from where QA and integration teams can pick it.
- Monitoring SDLC process compliance with respect to release and change procedures and suggesting improvement.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Installation and configuration of Red hat Linux server.
- Installation, configuration and management of apache and tomcat servers.
- Developed Cron jobs and Shell scripts for automation of administration tasks like file system management, process management, backup and restore.
- Deployed the application by using the Ant script in JBOSS server.
- Responsible for integration, Unit testing and System testing for all the phases of the project.
- Handled the Installation, configuration, and customization of send mail services and FTP servers to meet the user needs and requirements.
- Adopted tools like YUM and RPM for managing and administering LINUX servers through Patch and package Management and Kernel Upgrades at planned and scheduled intervals.
- Used MYSQL database and MSSQL Server, used DDL, DML, PL/SQL for Data manipulation.
- Deployment and configuration of application server (Tomcat) and web server (Apache) from scratch for deploying Java and Web Applications.
- Involved in dealing with configuring server communication and setting up permission and access to the servers.
- Build scripts which were a combination of UNIX shell scripts and ANT scripts spanning across Linux and Windows platforms.
- Provided 24X7 support to servers for master level troubleshooting.
- Processed the queue and managed the support tickets.
- Documented the procedures so that the issue can be quickly resolved.