- Experience working with Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm and Micro Services
- Created CI/CP Pipeline for Docker Build and Deployment
- Experience building springboot restful API backend applications and node.js frontend applications
- Setup Docker Swarm and Kubernetes cluster for Docker Container Management
- Build and Deployed batch processing microservices
- Having Seven Years of experience on DevOps, Configuration, Build & Release Management, Deployment on C# and Java Environment.
- Experience in creating SCM Process, policies, procedures, and Release Notes to follow Development and allow QA teams to Release and/or deploy the highest quality product for the enterprise.
- DevOps expert in Release and Deployment for deployment and Release management activities and procedures for deployment in various system environments.
- Extensive experience includes SCM, Change/Incident Management.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins, Bamboo and Build forge for continuous integration and for End - to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Expertise in SCM tools such as SVN, GIT and perforce.
- Experiences with different application servers like BEA Web Logic 8.1, Web Sphere 5.1, Tomcat 6.0, JBOSS AS 4.0 using various IDE’s such as Web Sphere Studio Application Developer (WSAD 5.0), Eclipse 2.0/3.0, Net Beans 6.1, and JDeveloper.
- Hands on knowledge of Java development in front-end, middle-tier and back-end.
- Experience in building multithreaded, high availability, high performance applications
- Highly skilled to manage source code and maintain Distributed Version Control System (GIT) as well as Centralized VCS such as SVN and ClearCase including experiences with branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments.
- Extensive experience in bash scripting and Python for automation.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN, ANT, DOCKER, and URBANCODE for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code.
- Experience on IBM Urban Code Deploy which is high performing tool to improve the deployment processes by automating the deployment into different servers.
- Expertise in setup and configuration of Application Servers Web Sphere, Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic and involved in deployment activities and Tomcat, JBOSS, WebLogic and Web Sphere Application servers
- Expertise in Automating Applications using Jenkins Continuous Integration Tool.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins,
- Implemented Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage docker containers with multiple name spaced versions.
- Experience in using Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Remedy, and HP Quality Center.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life cycle management for Red Hat Linux using Puppet.
- Extensive experience in SCM concepts: Branching, Merging, check in/out, Labeling, Packaging, Baselines and Releases.
- Experience with container based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker hub and Docker registries, installation and configuring Kubernetes and clustering them.
- Producing detailed Release plans, control Release Scope and monitoring milestones.
- Strong hands on experience in Amazon web services such as EC2, ECS, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Elastic Load Balancing, Auto Scaling, Right Scale, RDS, VPC, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation and IAM.
- Professional experience in Configuring and Deploying instances on AWS, Azure, and Data Centers.
- Build customized Amazon Machine Images (AMI), deploy AMIs to multiple regions and launch EC2 instances using these custom images.
- Experience in building multi-Tier, highly available, fault tolerant and scalable applications using AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon RDS, Elastic Load Balancing and Auto Scaling.
- Coordinating activities with appropriate teams to meet release and project schedules.
- Strong knowledge on source controller concepts like Branches, Merges and Tags.
- Managed environments DEV, SIT, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
SCM Tools: GIT, SVN, Jenkins CI, Coverity, Gerrit
CM Tools: Chef, Ansible
Virtualization: VMware, Citrix Xen Center
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, DynamoDB
Reporting Tools: Nagios, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Splunk
Programming Languages: C/C++, Java, C#
Scripting Languages: Bash, Python, KSH, CSH, Groovy
Application Server:: Web logic, Web sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBoss
Cloud Platforms: AWS, OpenStack
Containerization Tools: Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Created git repos and Jenkins jobs for the build and deployment of Microservices in Docker Container
- Created Dockerfile for building Docker Images
- Created script to build and push docker images in Docker Hub.
- Created docker-compose.yaml file templates to deploy images in docker containers managed by Docker Swarm
- Created kubernetes YAML file for the deployment in Kubernetes Cluster
- Setup Kubernetes cluster with Kubernetes Master that has API server, etcd, Kube-Scheduler, and Kube Controller.
- Setup Kubernetes Kubelets that talks to the API server in Kube Master
- Experience working with container, POD, Deployment, Services, Replication Controller, Replica sets, Auto-scaling, rolling update and red/black deployment.
- Prepared Release Notes and checklists. Created branches and Labels.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT.
- Created a fully Automated Build and Deployment Platform and coordinating code builds, promotions and orchestrated deployments using Jenkins and GIT.
- Designed, wrote and maintained systems (Python) for administering GIT.
- By using Jenkins as a full cycle continuous delivery tool involving package creation, distribution and deployment onto tomcat application servers via shell scripts embedded into Jenkins jobs.
- Work with product development to resolve build-related issues in all projects.
- Deployed JAVA applications on Tomcat Application servers.
- Created Pods, Deployments, Services and Replication Controller in Kubernetes
- Migrated the data to respective DEV and QA Oracle database before doing code roll-out.
- Managed the configurations of multiple servers using Ansible.
- Implemented Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Used Spinaker for Kubernetes Continuous Deployment and Rolling Updates
- Written Ansible Playbooks to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes.
- Used Jenkins Amazon Web Services (AWS) Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Worked with AWS Cloud management and Chef Automation.
- Implemented multiple high-performance MongoDB replica sets on EC2 with robust reliability.
- Implemented AWS solutions using E2C, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer and Auto scaling groups.
- Supported small to medium sized projects using GIT.
- Bootstrapped instances using Chef and integrating with auto scaling.
- Created Cloud Watch alerts for instances and using them in Auto-scaling launch configurations.
- Created groups, assigning roles and permissions using IAM service.
- Constructed and demonstrated a continuous integration/continuous delivery (CICD) software delivery pipeline using RTC SCM and build integrated with IBM UCD across Linux, environments.
- Imported source code from SVN to RTC integrated with Jenkins, Maven, Sonar and UCD as a continuous integration platform.
- Experience building microservices and deploying them into Kubernetes cluster as well as Docker Swarm
- Networking communication knowledge and protocols such as TCP/IP, Telnet, FTP, NDM, SSH
- Experience in creating Baselines and managing patches using VMware Update Manager - VUM.
- Worked on troubleshooting various production related outages.
- Involved in defining documenting and maintaining code deployment pilot automation project documents.
- Installed and configured Anthill Pro& Build Forge for Automating Deployments and providing a complete automation solution
Environment: AWS EC2, Jenkins CI, Elastic Load Balancing, Elastic Bean Stalk, Elastic Container Service GIT, chef, Bash, SFTP Tool, HTML, Web forms, Java, XML, XSLT, CSS, ITIL, Oracle, MS office 2007, TFS 2015
Confidential, West Des Moines, Iowa
DevOps/ Build-Release Engineer
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product, which involved environments like Development, SIT, QA, UAT and Production.
- Responsible for the building and deploying the artifacts into DEV, SIT and QA Environments.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services. Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2; auto-scaling; and VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts, and are able to quickly evolve during development iterations.
- Developed Open Stack infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or custom-built cloud hosted applications.
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by Using Technologies like Chef, Puppet.
- Enhanced Configuration Management using (PUPPET) to assist with automated, repeatable, and consist configuration and application deployments, treating infrastructure-as-code.
- Fundamental mastery of the AWS cloud computing platform, and its many dimensions of scalability - including but not limited to: VPC (Virtual Private Cloud), EC2, load-balancing with ELB, messaging with SQS (and scalable non-AWS alternatives), auto-scaling architectures.
- Used Subversion as version Control for maintaining the versions.
- Created GIT configuration record for builds using derived objects generated during build audit process.
- Performed biweekly build cycle and testing processes.
- Managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the JIRA tracking tool.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Used MAVEN to automate the build process.
- Configured and automated the Jenkins Build jobs for Continuous Integration.
- Used Apache Tomcat as application server for deploying the artifacts and using configurations of Puppet and Chef.
- Worked with the hardware vendors and application team for the faulty replacement and planning the downtimes accordingly if required.
- Developed UNIX for the purpose of manual deployment of the code to the different environments and E-mail the team when the build is completed.
- Coordinated application releases with Development, DBA and Project Management teams.
- Coordinated Release effort amongst various teams (Integration, QA, Testing, and Business Analysis) in geographically separated environment.
- Served as a partial administrator for UNIX machines for Dev Environments.
- Attended the Minor/Major Event change control meetings to get necessary approvals for the deployment request.
- Used Shell to automate build and deployment Process.
- Executed the DB Scripts (DML's), which have dependencies on the code on Oracle DB.
- Documented the deployment process (Migration Doc) of code to production
Environment: GIT, Maven, Nexus, Tomcat, UNIX & Perl scripts, Jira, Shell scripts, AWS, Jenkins, Remedy
Confidential, Minnetonka, MN
- Managed Source code using SVN/GIT and used the concepts of branching, merging and tagging for release management
- Coordinated Releases from Dev to Production. Communicating with Developers, Testers, Managers, UNIX, Network teams and DBA teams for successful Release.
- Worked on variety of Linux platforms Red Hat Linux, Solaris which includes installation, configuration and maintenance of applications on this environment.
- Implemented continuous integration and build tools using Ant, Jenkins, chef, Puppet full automation.
- Configured and managed a network of Linux and Windows servers.
- Worked with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
- Maintained file systems: Checking and repairing file systems and monitoring file system usage.
- Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles.
- Used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems.
- Created inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment and wrote playbooks using YAML scripting.
- Good experience in writing UNIX scripts, Perl script, Maven and Ant.
- Used Ruby to create various templates in different Puppet modules.
- Developed Ansible playbooks to test connectivity, install rpm's and for various other purposes across various Red Hat Linux machines.
- Developed build scripts using ANT as the build tool for the creation of (WAR files) build artifacts.
- Involved in troubleshooting the automation of Installing and configuring JAVA applications in the test and pre-production environments.
- Deployment and implementation of Chef for infrastructure as code initiative.
- Deployed the archives like war files into the Tomcat Application Server and TCP Servers.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT build files in case of project requirement changes.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of processes and associate
- Setup Jenkins server for build and test applications
- Maintained ant build script including build.xml and pom.xml
- Experience managing Apache Tomcat Application Server
Environment: Redhat Linux, Ubuntu, jenkins, chef, puppet, ANT, java, TCP server, Amazon, RHEL, JVM.
Confidential, Mankato, MN
Linux System Administrator
- Organized and managed activities for building and maintaining software releases for their promotion to the production environment.
- Assisted developers with development issues related to CM tool usage
- Performed daily/weekly software builds and releases.
- Managed/tracked multiple configurations of a system.
- Experience with My SQL, Linux/Unix, Windows NT, and Java/J2EE, WAS, MS-IIS, Flash, Install Shields/Creating Linux RPMs.
- Built, configured and support Application team environments.
- Analyzed Application/Server performance issues, finding the root cause for the issue and correlating them with the system capacity/resource issues.
- Experience with the mutual authentication (SSL) setup between two applications.
- Hands on working experience in administering Citrix Netscaler V9.x.
- Created Virtual servers, Service Groups, Responder Policies, Application Firewall Rules, Content Switching based Virtual Servers, Management on Citrix NetScaler Load Balancer.
Environment: Linux, UNIX, Windows, Java/J2EE, RPMs, WAS, MS-IIS, Flash, My SQL