- 7+ years of IT Industry experience in DevOps, Configuration Management, Build, Deploy, Release Management and Quality Assurance.
- Strong expertise on DevOps concepts like Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous delivery (CD) and Infrastructure as Code, Cloud Computing etc.
- Excellent at scripting languages like Python and Shell .
- Familiar with EC2, Cloudwatch and managing security groups on AWS .
- Administered and Implemented CI tool Jenkins, for automated builds and deployments.
- Experience in monitoring applications running on the AWS by using Cloud watch .
- Experienced in IaaS, PaaS culture and worked on AWS platforms.
- In - depth knowledge of Linux and Apache/Nginx .
- Experience writing Shell scripts and Bash Scripts to automate the deployments.
- Took ownership of the task to be delivered and is always ready to put in extra hours if required to ensure that delivery is not impacted.
- Hands on experience using Docker Containers.
- Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build, test, and deploy.
- Top to bottom comprehension of the principles and best practices of the Software Configuration Management(SCM) in Agile, SCRUM and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience in the areas of Virtualization with installation, support of VMware windows servers.
- Expertise in Azure infrastructure management.
- Experience in implementing and migrating and deploying workloads onAzure VM.
- Experience in dealing with Windows Azure IaaS -Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Auto-Scaling.
- Manage and configure AWS services as per the business needs (ELB, SNS, EC2, Route53, S3, VPC, IAM, SES, RDS, Elastic Beanstalk, DynamoDB, Opswork, CloudWatch)
- Expertise in setup and configuration of Application Servers WebSphere, Tomcat, WebLogic and involved in deployment activities.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of Linux Servers such as DHCP, DNS, FTP, NFS, SFTP, SAMBA, HTTPD, APACHE, Kerberos, and NTLM...etc.
- Experience in working with different build automation tools like JENKINS and MAVEN to achieve End-to-End Automation and Responsible for installing JENKINS master and slave nodes.
- Experience in using build and Automation tools like Maven and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & jar from source code.
- Hands on experience in source code management, branch creation & repositories management using GIT, SVN.
- Good knowledge of RDBMS and projects using Oracle, SQL Server, SQL, PL/SQL.
- Expertise with configuration management tools like Chef/Puppet.
- Strong communication, analytical skills and a demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks independently or in team.
- Efficient in working closely with teams to ensure high quality and timely delivery of builds and releases.
Operating Systems: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10, LINUX (RHEL, Ubuntu) REDHAT 5/6.
Version Control System: Git, GitHub, Subversion(SVN), CVS, TFS
CI Tools: Bamboo, Hudson, Jenkins, ANT, Maven, TeamCity, CircleCI, Cloud(IAAS Providers)/Technologies, AWS (EC2, S3, VPC, SNS, Route53, CloudWatch, DynamoDB, IAM, Lambda), IaaS, PaaS, Azure, OpenStack, VMware
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
Infrastructure Management Tools: PagerDuty, Zabbix
Virtualization Tools: Visual Studio 2008/2010, Oracle Virtual Box
SDLC: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
Repository Management: Nexus, JFrogArtifactory
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Center, IBM Clear Quest, Mingle
Web/Application Servers: Apache, Tomcat, JBOSS, NGINX
Languages/Scripting: C/C++, Java, PL/SQL, VB.net, Python, Shell
Web Technologies: JDBC, JSP, HTML, Java Script, XML
Databases: Oracle, TFS, SQL SERVER, MYSQL, DB2
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
- Implemented Subversion and GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Migrated IaaS and PaaS instances between public and private clouds - Apache, RDBMS, and Unix/Linux .
- Experience in Automating, Configuring and Deploying Instances on Azure environments and in Data centers.
- Architected automation of Azure Virtual Networks, Network Security Groups and access control rules.
- Worked with security team to make sure Azure data is highly secure.
- Ongoing management, support and maintenance of Amazon Web Services( AWS ) infrastructure.
- Automated the Build and Deployment environment end -to- end using Jenkins.
- Merged the branches after the Code Freeze .
- Installed and configured Kubernetes to manage Docker containers.
- Helped convert VM based application to microservices and deployed as a container managed by Kubernetes .
- Used Chef cookbooks for server provisioning, configuration, release and deployment automation.
- Experienced in cloud technologies including Infrastructure as a Service(IaaS) and Platform as a Service(PaaS).
- Experienced in doing IT orchestration using Ansible, to run tasks in sequence and produce chain of events which can work on different servers.
- Experience with AWS instances spanning across Dev, Test and Pre-production and Cloud.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Elastic Beanstalk and EC2 instances.
- Installed and configured configuration tool such as Chef Server/workstation and nodes via CLI tools to AWS nodes.
- Created IAM roles for different users including developers, system admins , and network admins.
- Designed CD platform using Docker and Jenkins
- Developed unit and functional tests in Python and Ruby.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into GitHub code management repo.
- Implemented Jenkins Workflow and Plugins for repeatable deployments of multi-tier applications, artifacts and services to Docker and Red Hat .
- Converted and automated builds using Maven and Ant .
- Worked on Agile projects for a DevOps team to help deliver critical functionality to a cloud based service.
- Used Ansible as a configuration integration tool to orchestrate to various Dev QA environments.
- Worked on Agile methodology and used JIRA for issue tracking.
Environment: Maven, Ant, GIT, SVN, Chef, PagerDuty, Docker, Red Hat, AWS, Jenkins, Ansible, Vagrant, Azure, Python, Ruby, Jira
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
- Release Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Designing and implementing for fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by using DevOps Technologies like Chef .
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT, Stash Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Used ANT and Python scripts to automate the Build and deployment process. Used Maven for few modules.
- Experienced deploying highly scalable services within public and private cloud infrastructure (IaaS, PaaS).
- Developing puppet module for Automation using combination of Puppet Master, Git Enterprise, Openstack(Horizon), Vagrant and SimpleUI (Jenkins)
- Used Vault feature to encrypt any structured datafile by using Ansible .
- Also encrypted arbitrary files, binary files using Ansible .
- Applied AWS Solutions such as EC2, S3, VPC, SNS, AMI, Elastic Load Balancing and Cloud Watch.
- Monitoring each service deployment, and validating the services across all environments.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process. Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins, Sonar to move from one environment to other environments.
- Experience in various IaaS/PaaS designs and working towards architecting and implementing product.
- Administered user accounts, performed user maintenance on different LINUX environments. Monitored security issues, administered system mail and Internet access. Involved in build and deploying SCA modules in IBMWebSphere Process server.
- Worked on Java/J2ee deployments in web sphere.
- Maintained Defect Fix Deployments and documented the deployed files in the appropriate Environment Migration log.
Environment: Java/J2ee, Eclipse, Chef, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, AWS, Ansible, Zabbix, GIT, Puppet, Subversion, WebSphere Application Server(WAS), Apache, PERL, BASH, UNIX, Python.
Confidential, Woburn, MA
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases and using Version Control Tools likes Rational Clearcase, Rational Team Concert (RTC) .
- Used Jenkins as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into TortoiseSVN and Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance Automated SQL Scripts Deployment to staging and production Databases with TFS.
- Installed and administered Docker.
- Integrated smoke and regression jobs in Bamboo CI to run the same after code deployment.
- Develop and implement individual VM’s with their own OSs (CentOS) for each of the following services: GitLab, Jenkins, Nexus Repo.
- Used various plug-ins to extend the base functionality of Jenkins to deploy, integrate tests and display reports.
- Writing Chef recipes for automating tasks and managed Chef to configure Web Apps and deploy them on AWS server.
- Done Setting up Chef Workstation, boot strapping various enterprise nodes, chef repo and setting up keys.
- Developed Python script that allows access tokens of artifactory to send images from docker registry.
- Set up Jenkins server and build jobs to provide continuous automated builds based on polling the Git source control system during the day and periodic scheduled builds overnight to support development needs using Jenkins
- Configured Docker container for branching purposes.
- Deployment and management of web services with Tomcat and JBOSS provided end-user for all TortoiseSVN, JIRA users to effectively use the tool.
- Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for Web Sphere web application server.
Environment: SVN, GIT, Jenkins, Nexus, SonarQube, JMeter, Docker, Maven, Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, MYSQL, RHEL, BASH, TFS, Ruby, Chef
Confidential, Stamford, CT
Build and Release Engineer
- Setting up the automation environment for Application team if necessary and helping them through the process of build and release automation.
- As a member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, release tracking and reporting on Linux platform.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Automating the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Worked on Tomcat Web server for hosting web apps.
- Used Puppet to configure and maintain tomcat servers.
- Responsible for creating Shell and Python scripts. Strong understanding of JAVA project structures.
- Configured HAProxy and Load Balancer to improve the performance and reliability of a server environment by distributing the workload across multiple servers.
- Working on Deployment procedures using middleware like Tomcat creating deploy scripts and setting for the Production Release.
- Worked with Code Deploy and Docker for application delivery.
- Performing all necessary day-to- day GIT support for different projects.
- Keeping track of all the releases and request of the developers through Infrastructure management tool Nagios .
- Day-to- day support of Cloud Infrastructure.
- Started one click deployment to required environment.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle and MY SQL by using SQL for data integrity.
Environment:: Eclipse 4.4, SVN, GIT, Oracle Virtual Box, HAProxy, Nginx, Apache Maven, Jenkins, Tomcat, Shell Script, Python, Puppet, Linux, Nagios, Docker, MySQL.
Build and Release Engineer
- Installation, Maintenance, Administration and troubleshooting of Red hat Enterprise Linux 5.x/6.x servers on various hardware platforms.
- Configured and maintained Apache web server from open source with Java and Tomcat, WebSphere and WebLogic servers.
- As member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, and release tracking and reporting, on UNIX platform.
- Installed and configured Hudson for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution. k
- Integrated GIT into Hudson to automate the code check-out process.
- Maintain and track inventory using Hudson and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention.
- Designed the Release Plans while coordinating with Stake Holders including Project Management Lead, Development Lead and QA Team Lead.
- Automating the regular tasks in Subversion and streamlining the process of access to SVN.
- Migrated Projects from SVN to GIT.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Hudson to move from one environment to other environments.
- Work with product development to resolve build-related issues in all projects provided support for Application issues.
- Configured the Hosted, Proxy and Virtual repositories based on the requirements to share artifacts within company.
- Performed database deployment activities like execution of Database scripts.
- Dealt with Jira as ticket tracking and work flow tool.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published.
Environment: UNIX, Hudson, Tomcat, Windows, Subversion, GIT, ANT, MAVEN, Jira, Test Manager.
ConfidentialBuild and Release Engineer
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN and automated the build and deploy processes using Hudson.
- Used puppet to automate the slave configuration setup and maintenance.
- Performed all necessary day-to- day Subversion support for different projects.
- Implemented and maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion
- Installed Hudson on Linux Machines and created the master/slave architecture
- Responsible for building and releasing packages for testing.
- Performed clean builds as per the schedule published for a given software release
- Managed SVN repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Worked on JIRA for change management and bug tracking.
- Designed and deployed best SCM processes and procedures.
- Managed artifacts generated by MAVEN in the Nexus repository.
- Integrated SVN into Hudson to automate the code check-out process.
Environment: SVN, ANT, Maven, Hudson, puppet, Jira, Linux.