- Over all 8 yrs of IT experience which includes detailed technical knowledge and experience of Build Engineering and Configuration Management processes, tools and best practices.
- Extensive hands - on experience in the creation of robust, flexible, automated solutions for Build and Deployment processes and Environment Management across the Financial, Broadcast and Media Sectors.
- In-depth knowledge of Apache Subversion (SVN) and Jenkins/Hudson/Build Forge Continuous Integration, Server - Installation, Configuration, Design and Administration, plus experience of extending and integrating these tools with other systems, platforms and processes using Java, Shell Scripting etc.
- Experience in Build automation tools like Jenkins, Ant, Maven, and Bamboo.
- Expert in Automation of Release and Deploy configuration management to different environments i.e. QA, UAT and production.
- Experience as a Build and Release Engineer in automating, building, deploying, and releasing of code from one environment to other environment.
- Automation Framework for Cloud Orchestration (AWS) using Boto and Chef.
- Experience in delivering micro services using Docker and etc.
- Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef, Puppet.
- Expert in using different source code version control tools like GIT, Subversion.
- Defining Branching strategies and CM build cycle in a complete SDLC for different projects.
- Experience automating deployments on Application Server JBoss,Tomcat.
- Define Business Process, identify the risk, doing risk analysis and providing baseline acceptance criteria and deliverables.
- Experience with Linux/UNIX environments and scripting for Build & Release automation
- Experience in configuring rest API'S and Web API'S and troubleshooting issues.
- Experienced with automating release process using Maven, Jenkins, and Jira as tools in diversified project environment.
- Used Clear Quest, Jira, Confluence, Remedy as defect management system
- Proficient with Java, Confidential .Net Build & Release applications.
- Strong technical skills with Unix/Linux systems.
- Extensive UNIX Shell Scripting knowledge.
- Developing Ant and Maven scripts to automate the compilation, deployment and testing of Web and J2EE applications to the above platforms.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to learn new things and be highly motivated
- Ability to work under stringent deadlines with team as well as independently.
Cloud Infrastructure: AWS, OpenStack, MS Azure, Rackspace
Configuration management Tools: Puppet, Chef, Vagrant, Docker, Ansible and Opswork
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson, Build Master, Travis CI
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Gradle, Build Forge, CMAKE, MS Build
Versioning Tools: GIT, Clear Case, Perforce, CVS, Subversion
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Rally, Nexus, Remedy
Scripting: Shell, Python, PL/SQL, Java AWT/Swing, C#, ASP.Net, XML, HTML, Groovy, Ruby and Perl.
Languages: C, C++, PHP, PL/SQL and Java/J2EE
Web Technologies: Java Script, Node JS, Servlets, JDBC, JSON, CSS
Virtualization Tools: Confidential vSphere, Oracle Virtualbox, Confidential Workstation
Web/App Server: Web Logic Application Server 9.x, 10.x, WebSphere6.x /7.x/8.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x/7.x, AWS, JBOSS 4.22.GA
Database: DynamoDB, MongoDB, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL
Operating System: Windows, Linux, Unix, Solaris, RHEL, Centos, Ubuntu, SUSE
Network Services: LDAP, DNS, NIS, DHCP, NFS, Web, mail, FTP
Network Topologies: LAN, WAN, VPN and Firewalls
Logging Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Log stash, Terraform, Prometheus, ELK
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr. DevOps/AWS Engineer
- Launched Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Installed application on AWS EC2 instances and configured the storage on S3 buckets.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services.
- Set up the scripts for creation of new snapshots and deletion of old snapshots in S3.
- Involved in DevOps migration/automation processes for build and deploy systems.
- Worked with SVN and GIT version controls.
- Support the code builds by integrating with continuous integration tool (Jenkins).
- Written Maven scripts, Installed Jenkins, written shell script for end to end build and deployment automation.
- Developed shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Setup ANT script based jobs in Jenkins and Worked with Jenkins Pipelines.
- Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins, Sonar to move from one environment to other environments.
- Created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for WebSphere application server.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between Projects.
- Experience with setting up Chef Infra, Bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading recipes, node convergence in Chef SCM
- Written Recipes using ruby programming for while using chef.
- Experience in setting up the chef-repo, chef workstations and chef nodes.
- Experience in writing chef cookbooks and writing unit tests for those cookbooks.
- Prepared projects, dashboards, reports and questions for all JIRA related services.
- Generated scripts for effective integration of JIRA applications with other tools.
- Responsible for installing and configuring Confidential setup.
- Worked on deployment of application on Confidential and vCenter.
- Involved in Agile Methodology.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published.
Environment: J2EE, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Amazon Web Services (AWS), ANT, MAVEN, Apache Tomcat Application Server, Linux, SQL, Docker, JIRA, Subversion, GIT, Clear, Python, Shell Scripting, Remedy, WebSphere.
Confidential, Redmond, WA
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Configuring and deploying instances on AWS environment and Data centers, also familiar with EC2, Cloud watch, Elastic Search and managing security groups on AWS.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Provide highly durable and available data by using S3 data store, versioning, lifecycle policies, and create Amis for mission critical production servers for backup.
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services inAWS cloud.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins, GitHub and AWS AMI's, whenever a new GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins, our Continuous Integration server, automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it.
- Used kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage docker containers with multiple namespaced
- Build and configure a virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Research and implement code coverage and unit test plug-ins like find bugs, check style, Cobertura and PMD with Hudson.
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Understanding of developing and testing enterprise products, with current focus on cloud based application and giving solution to challenges imposed by multi data center deployed SaaS products and their needs for DevOps tools and automation.
- Experience with container based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker hub and Docker registries
- Experience in IaaS managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management i.e., Chef.
- Experience in installing Firmware Upgrades, Kernel patches, system configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
- Utilized Configuration Management ToolChef and created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Configured Ansible to manage AWS environments and automate the build process for core AMIs used by all application deployments including Auto scaling, and CloudFormationTemplates
- Experienced working with Ansible tower. Integrating Ansible tower with Jenkins to deploy code to different servers.
- Led adoption of Docker and modern Chef best practices allowing Operations to function more like a PAAS, with less configuration management overhead.
- Creating and managing Development and Continuous Integration Environments using Confidential ESX, automated through Jenkins using PXE boot, Perl and the VMwareCLI.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Performed integration of Code Quality Analysis Techniques like Check styles, Find Bugs, NUnit, JUnit, with CI tools like Hudson/Jenkins.
- Managed Git and Subversion (SVN) branching and merging for older projects in multiple simultaneous releases, Involved in the migration of code from Subversion (SVN) to Git.
- Automated Weekly releases with Maven scripting for Compiling Java Code, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures
- Installed and Configured the Nexus repository manager for sharing the artifacts within the company.
- Created scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Good experience in Performance profiling of .net applications using Jet Brains-Dot Trace Utility
- Validated tests by crosschecking data in backend on SQL server using SQL Queries
- Used knife command line tool to manage the nodes, cookbooks, recipes, roles, environments and data bags.
- Installed, Deployed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x/7.x, CentOS and installation of packages and patches for Red Hat Linux Servers.
Environment: Java/J2ee, Chef, Puppet, OpenStack, GitHub, AWS (Amazon Web Services) Ant, Maven, GIT, UCM, Jenkins, WebSphere, PERL, Ruby, BASH, UNIX.
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
- Release Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases and implemented Continuous Integration Process.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Subversion (SVN).
- Development, Quality Assurance and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes.
- Working closely with the setting up of the Configuration Management tools Puppet and automation of the infrastructure with Chef that included migrating from the current infrastructure workflow to the new workflow.
- Experienced in setting up Continuous Integration environment using Jenkins
- Used the continuous integration tool Jenkins to automate the daily processes
- Provided end-user for all Subversion (SVN) users to effectively use the tool.
- Build and Deployed Java/J2EEweb application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Created and maintained the Shell deployment scripts for WebLogic and web application servers.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Worked on Confluence to share knowledge with other teams
- Integrate SharePoint 2007 with hybrid Mark Logic search interface.
- Performed integrating, Junit and code quality Tests as a part of build process.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of processes and associated scripts/tools for automated build, testing and deployment of the products to various developments.
- Perform periodic system audits on all environments to ensure that only controlled versions of software reside all environments.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), Clear Case, Ant, Maven, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, JIRA, Remedy, Build Forge, Python, Tomcat, Apache, J2EE, Subversion.
Confidential, Orlando, FL
Build &Release Engineer
- Creating automated build and release environment using Continuous Integration tools Jenkins.
- Trouble shoot the Build and Deploy issues
- Creating Ansible playbooks .
- Responsible for Release activities and Roll-back if required.
- Maintain server loads across all environments
- Creating and using Ansible templates to create customized configuration files for hosts
- Written and maintain maven pom.xml file to create artifacts.
- Using Ansible playbooks to configure systems to a specified state
- Maintain baseline code in repository and responsible for branching, merging and tagging.
- Part of Configuration Management to Provide Access Permissions to developers for check in, checkout.
- Creating Ansible roles
- Prepared Build Report for each and every build.
- Supported application development on UNIX and Windows server.
- Responsible for Pre-and Post-Production Steps.
- Deploying applications in all environments like SIT, UAT, and PROD.
- Installation and Configuration of Continuous Integration Tools Jenkins.
- Installing Ansible Tower and using it to manage systems
- Configured CI, Nightly and Release builds/jobs in Jenkins.
- Performed code merges on a regular frequency to integrate the source code from various branches
Environment: Linux, UNIX, Hudson, Jenkins, Application Server, Jira and, Apache Web Server, Tortoise SVN, GIT, SQL, Apache Http, Java, MAVEN, Ansible, Shell Script.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server, MySQL databases in both development and production.
- Administered & maintained RHEL servers, Troubleshoot Hardware, Operating System Application & Network problems and performance issues.
- Deployed latest patches for, Linux and Application servers, Performed Red Hat Linux Kernel Tuning.
- Implemented and configured network services such as HTTP, DHCP, and TFTP.
- Install and configure DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), and file servers on Linux servers.
- Experienced working with Preload Assist and PICS projects.
- Wrote Bash shell-scripts to automate routine activities.
- Migrated database applications from Windows 2000 Server to Linux server.
- Worked on Linux kernel, memory upgrades and swaps area. Red hat Linux Kickstart Installation.
- Created users, manage user permissions, maintain User & File System quota on Redhat Linux.
- Diagnosed hardware and software problems and provided solution to them.
- Monitored trouble ticket queue to attend user and system calls.
Environment: Linux, UNIX, Application Server, HTTP, DHCP, TFTP, SQL, Apache Http.