- Over 8 years of IT experience as DevOps/Build and Release Engineer and Cloud AWS deployments which includes Project Setup, Build Automation, Continues Integration and experienced as Linux Admin. Experience in Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Application Server, Redhat Linux, Apache Tomcat. Excellent communicator, quick learner and adapts to emerging technologies.
- Experienced in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile Methodologies, Waterfall processes, Project Management and Project Release.
- Experienced in Build and Deployment of Java, .NET, C#, IOS, ASP.NET applications on to different environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production, which includes designing, development and implementation.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Git, GitHub, Subversion (SVN) and TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
- Had experience with building code from Ant, Maven, MS build, build scripts to the build deployment scripts on Apache, Tomcat, IIS & WebLogic server instances on Production, Preview, Stage, Development environment.
- Experienced in AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2 AMI, EBS Cloud watch, AWS Config, Auto - scaling, IAM, and AWS S3.
- Experienced in Amazon EC2 setting up instances and setting up security groups.
- Setting up databases in AWS using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
- Experience on Virtualization technologies like VMware, Vagrant.
- Strong experience utilizing Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments.
- Worked with Docker and Kubernetes as per requirement in different environments.
- Extensive experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet & Ansible.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and SQL Server by using PL/SQL for data integrity.
- Closely worked with development, QA and other teams to ensure automated test efforts are tightly integrated with the build system and in fixing the error while doing the deployment and building.
- Ability in deploying the developed code in a Web Sphere, /Web Logic, Apache Tomcat/JBOSS, IIS7.5.
- Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Centre and IBM Clear Quest.
- Good Command in Basic Linux, Solaris, AIX and Unix administration.
- Used scripting languages like Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash and configuration management tools Chef, Puppet, and CF Engine and Web Service like AWS.
- Installing, configuring and administering SUSE Linux 8,9,10 & 11, Red Hat Linux AS 3.0 /4.0/5.x & SUN Solaris 8, 9 and 10 on Sun, Dell, and HP x 86 Servers.
- Expertise on configuring ELK (ElasticSearch, LogStash & Kibana), Nagios and Splunk for Log monitoring of applications in prod and non-prod.
Operating system: Linux, Windows, Red Hat, Centos, Ubuntu.
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Build Forge.
Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
Version Control Tools: GIT, CVS, SVN.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, CloudWatch, ELK (ElasticSearch, Logstash and Kibana).
Languages/Scripting: Java/J2EE, Shell scripting, Perl, Python, Ruby Scripting.
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, MS Build, GRADLE.
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, DB2.
Application/Web Servers: Weblogic, Websphere, JBoss, Tomcat.
Virtualization: Vagrant, Docker, VM Ware.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Confluence, Service Now.
Environment: Puppet, Jira, Maven, Git, Ruby, Apache Tomcat, Docker, Kubernetes, RHEL, Shell/Perl, Jenkins, AWS.
- Hands on experience with AWS services like EC2, ECS, EBS, ELB, Lambda, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, VPC, Route 53, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, IAM, SNS and Auto Scaling in a highly available and scalable production environment.
- Involved in Setup and Configuration of Puppet Configuration Management.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation
- Experience as a Build and Release Engineering in automating, building, deploying, and releasing of code from one environment to another environment.
- Managed Jira users and created workflows, issues types, fields in production.
- Involved in Jira as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for Jira bug/issue tracker.
- Coordinated with various teams for productions releases.
- Developing puppet module for Automation using combination of Puppet Master, Git, AWS, Vagrant and Jenkins.
- Written manifests/Recipes and Ruby scripts to customize the Puppet as per our environment.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Developed scripts for WebLogic application server administration.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery Framework using Jenkins, Puppet, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment.
- Installed SPLUNK from Puppet module tool (PMT) from the command line.
- Involved in writing Maven build scripts and POM.xml files for generating java based artifacts such as JAR, WAR and EAR.
- Created Docker images from Docker File in different environments.
- Worked with Kubernetes to manage Docker containers.
- Manual Installation and configuration of Tomcat and Apache servers.
- Ability to write scripts in Bash, shell, Perl, Ruby and Python scripting languages.
- Developed Shell/Ruby Scripts for automation purpose.
- Manage deployment automation using Puppet, Custom Puppet modules and Ruby.
- Extensive experience in Build Automation and Continuous Integration concepts by using tools like ANT, Maven, Jenkins.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
DevOps AWS Engineer
Environment: Git, Jenkins, CHEF, Maven, AWS, WebSphere, Ruby, Python, PHP, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Linux.
- Assisted in migrating the existing data center into the AWS instances.
- Migrated applications to the AWS cloud.
- Installed the application on AWS EC2, AMI, Redhat, Ubuntu Instances and configured the storage on S3 Buckets.
- Experience working with IAM to create new accounts, roles, and groups.
- Developed Chef Recipes to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing infrastructure.
- Used Chef to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users, Mount Points, and Packages.
- Written cookbooks for Web Logic, JDK 1.7, and Jenkins, tomcat, JBoss and deployment automation.
- Use Chef Automation tools for configuration management in different systems.
- Reduced build deployment times by designing and implementing Docker workflow.
- Set up a system for dynamically adding and removing web services from a server using Docker, Nginx.
- Configured Docker container for branching purposes.
- Experience in creating alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch.
- Setup Elastic Load Balancer for distributing traffic among multiple WebLogic servers.
- Implemented AWS solutions using E2C, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto-scaling groups.
- Monitoring Live Traffic, logs, Memory utilization, Disk utilization and various other factors which are important for deployment.
- Responsible for Red Hat Linux Designing, Installing, Configure, Security, Backup and upgrade.
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build, management, monitoring and deployment solutions spanning multiple platforms, tools and technologies including Jenkins Nodes/Agent, Chef, Android, VMWare, Amazon EC2.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS)& configuration management using Chef.
- Designed Chef recipe to manage configurations and automate the installation process.
- Provide drill down reporting for application teams to use in monitoring their application resource usage/performance using Nagios.
- Built and managed a large deployment of Ubuntu Linux instances systems with Chef Automation. Wrote recipes, tools, shell scripts, and monitoring checks.
- Participated in configuring and monitoring distributed and multiple platform servers using Chef.
- Experience in designing and implementing continuous integration system using Jenkins by creating Python and Ruby scripts.
- Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins.
- Installed, configured, and maintained DNS, FTP and TCP/IP on Red Hat Linux.
- Installed, configured, and maintained web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Web Server, Apache Tomcat, Nginx.
Environment: RHEL 5/6, SVN, Shell Scripts, GIT, Jenkins, Maven, Apache Tomcat, Ruby, Jira, Docker, Ansible, Cloud computing, JVM, AWS.
- Experience in building AWS infrastructure through Ansible and managing them in the production environment.
- Created playbook for loading and renewing certificates for tomcat.
- Created Ansible role for start, stop and restarting the tomcat server and to update the configuration files on tomcat.
- Involved in Agile-Scrum Methodology.
- Managed SVN repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Worked closely with software developers to debug software and system problems.
- Supported and developed tools for integration, automated testing and release management.
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity, and code conflict resolution.
- Scaled the Jenkins cluster and took measures to improve the Performance of Jenkins.
- Involved in writing parent POM files to establish the code quality tools integration.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines.
- Developed Shell Scripts for automation purpose.
- Deployed cloud stack using AWS OpsWorks.
- AWS Cloud management and Ansible Automation.
- Created Ansible playbooks to provision infrastructure.
- Verified if the methods used to create and recreate software builds are consistent and repeatable.
- Suggested tools and related implementation to engineering teams regarding cloud based services.
- Executed QA services for enhancing the efficiency of technologies AND related updates for cloud storage applications.
- Involved in Research of the project application architecture to support/resolve build, compile, and test issues/ problems.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published.
- Used Jira as ticket tracking and work flow tool.
- Used Ansible to manage Web Applications, Configuration Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points and Packages.
- Experience moving Java/J2EE applications and Databases into Cloud.
- Hands on experience on security groups and network access control lists to enable inbound and outbound filtering at the instance level and subnet level.
Build and Release Engineer
Environment: Subversion (SVN), Jenkins, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, Web Logic, Perl, Apache.
- Build Release Engineer for 4 project teams that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Developed and Implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the Agile Process.
- Achieved End to end continuous integration using Jenkins Orchestration tool.
- Imported and Managed Multiple Corporate Applications into Subversion (SVN).
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion (SVN) Repositories.
- Provided end-user training for all Subversion (SVN) users to effectively use the tool.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Created and Maintained the Shell/Perl Deployment Scripts for Web Logic web application Servers.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Jenkins is used as a continuous integration tool for automation the daily process.
- Responsible for the Plugin Management, User Management, Build/Deploy Pipeline Setup and End-End Job Setup of all the projects.
- Created the Release process of the artifacts.
- Worked with the Architects on SDLC process being the owner of post development environments.
- Deployed the applications to WebSphere Application Server 5.0 and static content to apache web servers.
- Managed Dependency Management within the teams by installing and configuring Nexus Repository Manager.
- Used JIRA to track issues and Change Management.
- Integrated JIRA with SVN and created automated release Notes using Perl Scripts.
Environment: Solaris 8,9, Redhat Linux 9, AS 3.0, Veritas Volume Manager 3.x, 4.0, Veritas Cluster Server 4.1, Cisco Routers, Sun 4800, V480, 280R, 4500, 3500, Dell 6400, 2400, 1800 Redhat 8.
- Used Raid controllers for hard disk mirroring and striping with parity.
- Automated applications and system management activities with custom bash, ksh and Perl scripts for application start and shutdown, system and application health update and website management.
- Installation, Maintenance, Administration and troubleshooting of Sun Solaris 8,9 and Redhat 9, AS 3.0 servers on various hardware platforms that include Sun 4800, V480, 280R, 4500, 3500, Dell 6400, 2400, 1800 etc.
- Performed automated installations of Operating System using Jumpstart for Solaris and Kickstart for Linux.
- Experience with setting up Linux servers for Oracle Real Application Clusters and configuring SAN based mount points.
- Installed and configured of Solaris and Linux servers using JUMPSTART and KICKSTART installation and periodic Patch Upgrading using Live upgrade.
- Implemented a High Availability Cluster using 2 V480s, a T3 and Veritas Cluster Server 4.0.
- Developed, customized and build packages on Solaris and RPMs on Linux for deployment on various servers through Software Development Life Cycle.
- Installation, Management, Configuration of LAN/WAN systems utilizing Cisco switches and routers.
- Performed database support for accounts and clients using MySQL.
- Worked with NoSQL and Big Data technologies such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Hadoop.
- Configured various services, devices as well as applications of UNIX servers and worked with application team to customize the environment. Worked with Apache and developed several UNIX scripts to automate web tasks
- Configured firewall based on Redhat Linux and FreeBSD 4.x that has three network interfaces.
- Managed existing documentation for systems and created new procedures to support new products. Created documentation for disaster recovery project.