- Senior SDET Selenium QA Tester with 8+ years of experience in Test and software testing processes like Test Planning, Test Cases Design, Test Environment Setup, Test Data Setup, Defect Management, Test log, Test results, Test Traceability Matrix, Test Automation, User Acceptance Testing.
- Strong expertise in SDLC, Project Management and testing lifecycle methodologies like Waterfall, Spiral and Agile methodologies.
- Experience in playing key team leadership roles including project co - ordination, technical leadership, customer interaction, post-implementation user training and transition.
- Extensively Proficient in Black Box, White Box, Functional, Integration, GUI, UAT, System, Usability, Regression, Security, Stress, Load, reliability, Stability, Backend, Nonfunctional, manual and automation testing.
- Senior level SDET, strong test automation build out experience.
- Experienced in Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Data Driven Development.
- Automate test cases using Java, JBehave, Cucumber, Selenium.
- Experienced with test frameworks, such as: JUnit, TestNG, Cucumber frameworks.
- Experience in Web Services SOAP and RESTful testing using SOAPUI, SOAPUI PRO and Java Rest Assured.
- Experienced in Mobile application testing with Appium and Expertise on JQuery Mobile, HTML 5 based user interface web framework to design and develop responsive websites and apps accessible on all smart phones, tablets and desktop devices.
- Triggered and configured the test scripts in Jenkins environment.
- Well experienced testing on mobile platforms such as iOS and Android.
- Experience in creating test metrics and coordinating overall testing between QA, Development, Business and UAT group and maintaining offshore group.
- Create complete solution for continuous integration tool such as Jenkins/Hudson from code checkout from GitHub to regression report generation.
- Solid expertise in automated testing tools suite-Selenium Web Driver, Junit, TestNG and good exposure on tools like Eclipse, JIRA, HP Quality Center, Microsoft Team Foundation Server(TFS) etc.
- Good experience in OOPs using Core Java and extensively used classes, objects, data structures, inheritance, polymorphism, exception handling, packages, collection, reflection and many more.
- Good understanding of Quick Test Professional features like Object Repository, Checkpoints, Object identification, Descriptive Programming, Exception Handling, Regular expression and Object Spy.
- Coded many helper and Utility classes in Java. Used Java Log4j logging framework for logging and debugging.
- Exceptional ability to quickly master new concepts and capable of working in-group as well as independently with excellent communication skills.
- Experience understanding the code written in different programming languages Java, HTML, CSS, Java Script and databases like Oracle, SQL Server.
- Experience in using SQL Queries to make sure that data was entered properly in the right tables, when the data was entered from front end screen.
- Working experience with testers, developers and other project team members, testing complex projects and software product enhancements.
- Well versed in SQL, performed backend testing using SQL.
- Proficiency on using various Oracle utility tools such as SQL Plus, TOAD, PL/SQL Developer, SQL*Loader, Oracle Forms.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently.
- Good Confidential multi-tasking and working well under tight deadlines with high efficiency.
- Excellent troubleshooting, project management and problem solving skills.
Scripting Languages: Java Script, Shell Script.
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java.
Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver/IDE, Quick Test Professional(11.5), JIRA, HPQC, ALM 11.0, Appium, Selenium IDE, RC, WebDriver, QTP, Load Runner, Quality Center, JBehave, Cucumber, SOAP UI
Other Tools: Test Link, Microsoft Office Suite(Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat.
Java & J2EE Technologies: Core Java, Servlets, JSP, JDBC, Hibernate, Struts, Spring.
No SQL Databases: Cassandra 2.2.0
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i, Mysql, DB2, Sql Server 2005, Sql Server 2008
Web and Application Server: Apache Tomcat 7.0, Apache Tomcat 6.0, Web Logic 8.0.
Web Services: RESTful, SOAP, AWS.
Frameworks: Junit, TestNG.
Webdebugging tool: XPATH, Firebug, Firepath.
Build Tools: Ant, Maven.
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Cruise Control.
Methodologies: Agile Scrum, Waterfall.
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
Sr.SDET (Web Services & User Interface)
- Assessed & analyzed user stories and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings and developed Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test reports.
- Analyze the Business Requirements and closely work with the Business Team to get the clarifications addressed.
- Reviewed product requirement documents, functional specifications, and involved in developing test strategy, test plan and test case documents.
- Developed Automation scripts for Restful Services using Java and Rest Assured framework.
- Involved in Web services testing using SOAPUI Tool. Validated request and response XML. Added assertions to validate the XML in Web services RESTFUL service.
- Managed individual sprints user stories and tasks using JIRA as tracking tool and agile tool.
- Performed System, Integration, Smoke, Functional, End to End, Positive and Negative and monitored the behavior of the applications during different phases of testing using testing methodologies.
- Developed and Executed Test Scripts using Java, Cucumber and Mouse Events, Accessing Forms, Data Grid using White Framework.
- Handled multiple windows, Alerts and Pop-ups with Selenium WebDriver.
- Designed and Implemented Data Driven and Screen Object testing framework using White.
- Used UI Verifier to debug, edit and locate the objects based on Automation Id, Class Name, Control Type, Text, Name.
- Used Appium for mobile automation testing using Android and iOS devices.
- Performed the database operations by querying the SQL Server using java.
- Run the test scripts using Appium server and NodeJS as a runtime environment.
- Used GitHub as a source code management tool.
- Used Jenkins as a Continuous Integration tool
- Managed the project build and the project dependencies using Maven and Gradle.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
SDET (User Interface)
- Verified and validated Confidential gift card’s card holder websites(CHW).
- Developed testing scenarios/cases to address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, boundary/negative testing, error or defect retests, usability; including automated scripts
- Worked with Business customers to develop Gherkin scripts that will be input to Cucumber automation scripts.
- The Project Framework was created using TestNG.
- Performed automation of server-side tests, UI test automation.
- Automated test cases using Cucumber framework, Java Selenium WebDriver.
- Debug test-automation failures and test-environment issues.
- Worked within Agile project teams, continuously releasing application software.
- Involved in SOAP and REST based web services testing using SOAPUIPRO Web services testing tool.
- Used Appium for mobile automation testing.
- Extensively used Selenium Web Driver for automating UI for IPhone, Android devices, to enroll users to devices and submitted in Perforce location.
- Research and report issues and defects into a problem tracking system (JIRA).
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Automated in-sprint stories effectively managed test data.
- Executed data validation process using SQL and perform root cause analysis.
- Maintained effective daily communication with team members via stand-up meetings, documentation, and status reports.
Sr.Selenium Automation QA
- Performed various package validations on different American Eagle products.
- Defined project test strategies: I took the lead in determining what is to test, defining the test approach, test priorities, etc.
- Review functional designs in terms of testability.
- Included Supply Chain Procurement and developing standards of quality, financing purchases, negotiating price, buying goods, inventory control and disposal of waste products like packaging.
- Define, build and maintain the test environment and tools, together with Software and other Test Engineers / Integrators.
- Draw up test specifications, test plans and test reports.
- Develop and maintain automated regression testing scripts
- Cucumber was used for the entire regression testing and functional testing with Selenium as primary tool to the Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test conditions identified.
- Configure Test Link for QA test Case management which includes creation of Test Plan, Test Suite, Test Case and Test Case execution and reporting of test result.
- Developed Selenium test scripts for identified test cases by using data driven framework and developed function library to reduce redundant scripting.
- Tested mobile video channeling using Appium server in iOS and Android devices.
- Used Eclipse IDE for writing test cases and debugging the scripts.
- The Project Framework was created using TestNG.
- Used SVN for versioning of the Test Scripts.
- Created Automation test scripts using Selenium Web Driver with Java in Eclipse IDE for action classes for different components like User Login and Reset Password feature, Search License information and inserting and updating records.
- Integrated the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Created functional automation scripts for the report generation module using tools Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
- Developed Selenium test scripts for identified test cases by using data driven, keyboard driven and hybrid framework.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Hudson/Jenkins.
- Setup the Automation Framework using Selenium Web Driver, Eclipse to run test cases in multiple browsers and Platforms.
- Perform functional, UI, Integration, Regression, Smoke, Sanity, backend, Ad-hoc, UAT, stress, load and other non -functional testing.
- Mentored and guide the team to perform functional, regression, integration, and end-to-end system testing to ensure that the application is in alignment with the business requirements.
- Worked closely with the development team to analyze and find root cause of failures.
- Maintained the Source Code Version Control using Visual Source Safe.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Done SOA testing for Payments API's using SOAP UI and Java framework for web services testing.
- Actively involved in all sprint related activities, including sprint planning, product demos, sprint retrospective meetings, and client demos after every sprint release.
- Performed data validation-using SQL. Executed SQL queries for backend database MySQL.
- Performed daily defect triage meetings to prioritize defects with the project team.
- Developed the Results document which aimed Confidential suggestions to improve the performance of the application.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Automation and Integration Testing
- Assisted with the execution of test plans for specific Epic module(s)
- Coordinated the planning and execution of the comprehensive testing plan including unit testing, mapped record testing, application testing, device testing, integration testing, regression testing and workflow based testing.
- Involved in setting up configuring the testing environment with Eclipse, Junit, Selenium RC and Selenium Java client driver.
- Used Firebug and Firepath to write automated test scripts using XPATH.
- Designing the test cases using SOAP UI.
- Coordinated with the application, infrastructure and Interface teams to address defects and ensure proper resources are in place to provide effective support during testing.
- Developed and maintained project work plans for major releases and special update (SU) testing.
- Ensured activities and items are in compliance with software/product design specifications to determine and approve software releases.
- Developed coverage matrix for integration testing of assigned modules.
- Ensured the completion and high quality of testing deliverables.
- Worked with the Application teams to determine readiness for End User Acceptance testing.
- Provided supplemental support for numerous application implementation and upgrade activities across several functions as needed.
- Participated in Production Readiness assessments.
- Participated during go live support.
- Captured and published integration testing metrics for assigned module(s).
- Coordinate with Performance and Scalability testing.
- Worked on MultiThreading and Used Collections extensively to store, retrieve and manipulate objects in the business logic layer.
- Used Log4j to capture the log that includes runtime exceptions.
- Developed the application using Eclipse as the IDE and used the standard features for editing, debugging, running etc
- Wrote SQL queries for Oracle Database.
Tools: and technologies used: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Jenkins, Maven, Manual Testing, Java, XM, HTML, Quality Center, SQL and Windows
QTP QA Engineer
- Plan and Execute the Test Plan for Chase Fulfillment Feedback project.
- Responsible to manage data coming from different sources and involved in HDFS maintenance and loading of structured and unstructured data.
- Reviewed Functional requirement and Use Cases documented in Requisite Pro.
- Created test scenarios and test cases based on functional documents and User stories.
- Testing real-time data-processing and Analytics Application System.
- Back-end testing on MongoDB Database.
- Created test scenarios for Web Services - API testing.
- Supported Hadoop applications testing and Machine learning algorithm
- Setting Test plan and Test Lab in the Quality center for the projects to create and access requirements, defects, test cases and reports for the status.
- Created and executed detailed test cases with step by step procedure and expected results and maintained the test logs, test reports, test issues, defect tracking using Quality Center.
- Used Quick Test Professional (QTP) for regression testing and running the automation suite.
- Responsible for software QA and analysis, with emphasis on performance testing and functional decomposition of web-based (SOA) and legacy systems architecture.
- Created automation test scripts to test all end-to-end components -- legacy mainframe, Web and upgrade.
- Conducted test case reviews and presented the test cases/test scenarios to the team members for all iterations.
- Participated in daily SCRUM meetings and gave the daily status of testing.
- Optimized Quick Test Professional (QTP) scripts for Regression testing of the application with various data sources and data types.
- Inserted checkpoints where needed, to compare the current behavior of the application being tested to its behavior in the earlier version using Quick Test Professional (QTP)
- Executed SQL queries to verify the database for the relevant test cases.
- Documented the defects in Quality Center and assigned them to relevant developer.
Tools: and technologies used: QTP, SQL, MongoDB, RESTful, SOAP, HTML, CSS
Confidential, Champaign, IL
Selenium QA Engineer
- Participated in Business Analysis, Requirements Review and Technical specs inspection
- Design and develop business services and UI using RESTFUL web services, XSD's, Java script libraries.
- Wrote automated client-side GUI testing code using Selenium RC/WebDriver.
- Involved in developing test cases from Business Requirements in Quality Center
- Responsible for performing System Integration Testing and Regression Testing
- Participated in testing various interfaces (Inbound and Outbound) of Facets
- Involved in validation and verification of data
- Involved in Test Execution, Results Analyzing and Defect Reporting
- Developed Base line scripts for testing the future releases of the Application
- Developed and executed SQL queries using TOAD and stored procedures to validate the data
- Tracked defects using Quality Center and conducted defect review meetings
- Used Quality Center as a test management tool for requirements, test cases, test execution and defect reporting
- Involved in Testing along with Developers to resolve the technical problems encountered in the application.
Tools: and technologies used: Java, SQL, Oracle 10g, Rest Web Services, Selenium, Web logic App UNIX, Toad, Business Intelligence, Java, Windows XP.
- Involved in the complete SDLC software development life cycle of the application from requirement gathering and analysis to testing and maintenance.
- Implemented the User Login logic using Spring MVC framework encouraging application architectures based on the Model View Controller design paradigm.
- Generated Hibernate Mapping files and created the data model using mapping files.
- Used Struts Tiles and Validator framework in developing the applications.
- Developed action classes and form beans and configured the struts-config.xml
- Created business logic using servlets and session beans and deployed them on Apache Tomcat server.
- Created complex SQL Queries, PL/SQL Stored procedures and functions for back end.
- Prepared the functional, design and test case specifications.
- Performed unit testing, system testing and integration testing.
- Developed unit test cases. Used JUnit for unit testing of the application.
- Provided Technical support for production environments resolving the issues, analyzing the defects, providing and implementing the solution defects. Resolved more priority defects as per the schedule.
Tools: and technologies used: Java, Spring MVC, Struts, Hibernate, JSP, Servlets, WebServices, Apache Tomcat, Oracle, JUnit, SQL.