- IT Professional with 8 years of experience in IT industry comprising of Linux System Administration, DevOps Engineering, and in automating, building, releasing of code from one environment to other environment and deploying to servers. Extensive experience includes SCM, AWS, DevOps, Build/Release Management and Cloud Management and Containerization.
- Extensively worked on Continuous integration and automated deployment and management using Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Maven, Ant or comparable tools.
- Strong influenced skills in Agile Testing Methodologies & Software Test Life Cycle (STLC).
- Exposed to all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing and implementing and Post - production analysis of the projects.
- Created infrastructure in a coded manner using Puppet and Chef for configuration management of virtual environments, and Vagrant for virtual machine and resource control.
- Experience solving automation problems such as deployment orchestration, continuous integration.
- Proficient in computerization utilizing Python, Ruby, Power shell and UNIX Shell/bash scripting.
- Development and version control of Chef Cookbooks, testing of Cookbooks using Food critic and Test Kitchen and running recipes on nodes managed by on premise Chef Server and automating infrastructure.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Experienced in stretching, labeling and keeping up the variant over the situations utilizing SCM instruments like GIT, Subversion (SVN) on Linux and windows stages.
- Knowledge on Server monitoring, capacity planning, application monitoring with the help of Nagios. Knowledge on monitoring and logging tool, Splunk.
- Experience working with log monitoring with ELK Stack.
- Experience in working on source control tools like Tortoise SVN, CVS, IBM Clear case, Perforce Clear Quest, Cruise Control, Jenkins, Bamboo, Chef and Puppet and GIT.
- Built and deployed a Chef Server in AWS for infrastructure automation.
- Worked in an Agile development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using tools like Chef & Jenkins .
- Collaborate in the automation of AWS infrastructure via Terraform and Jenkins - software and services configuration via Chef cookbooks.
- Experienced in cloud automation using AWS CloudFormation Templates, Chef, and Puppet.
- Installed, Configured and Managed Puppet Master/Agent . Wrote custom Modules and Manifests , downloaded pre-written modules from Puppet-forge . Upgrade or Migration of Puppet Community and Enterprise.
- Good at automating the release process of products using shell/Ruby scripts and build process using Ant/Maven, Jenkins/Bamboo, and Nexus.
- Experience with continuous delivery platforms like Jenkins, CircleCI, Codeship.
- Extensive experience on Jenkins, Build Forge and Docker for continuous integration and end to end automation for all build and deployments.
- Experience designing and deploying container-based production clusters using Docker (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Apache Mesos).
- Configured and setup Maven profiles.
- Experience in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository Managers for Maven builds.
- Expertise in Java builds tools like ANT, MAVEN for the building of deployable artifacts such as (jar, war & ear) from source code.
- Architected solutions and deep expertise on AWS Cloud and Azure.
- Have experience working with Git, Jenkins/Hudson, and Nagios .
- Ability to tackle problems both at the large scale (think hundred-node clusters) and the small scale (think individual atomic locks).
- Worked with Amazon AWS / EC2 , Docker based cluster management environment Kubernetes .
- Created Docker images using a Dockerfile , worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes and for branching purpose.
- Implemented Docker automation solution for Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery model.
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Explicit knowledge on Ansible Playbooks, modules, roles and writing Ansible scripts.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Rundeck and Jenkins.
- Expertise in AWS Cloud IAAS stage with components EC2, VPC, ELB, Auto-Scaling, Security Groups, Route53, IAM, EBS, AMI, RDS, S3, SNS, SQS, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, CloudFront, & Direct Connect.
- Highly motivated and committed DevOps Engineer experienced in Automating, configuring and deploying instances on AWS, Microsoft Azure and Rackspace cloud environments and Data centers.
- Excellent knowledge in Azure compute services, Azure Web apps, Azure Data Factory & Storage, Azure Media & Content delivery, Azure Networking, Azure Hybrid Integration, and Azure Identity & Access Management.
- Excellent understanding of using Routed Protocols like FTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS and Direct connect.
- Configuring and maintaining network services such as LDAP, DNS, NIS, DHCP, NFS, Web, mail, FTP.
- Performed integration of Code Quality Analysis techniques to Check style, Find bugs with CI tools.
- Extensive experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Install and configured Apache, Debian, Nagios, MySQL, SQL server for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Well Versed with Configuring Access for inbound and outbound traffic RDS DB services, DynamoDB tables, EBS volumes to set alarms for notifications or automated actions.
- Good hands on experience in NoSQL databases like MongoDB, MySQL and Cassandra.
- Experienced in introducing, designing, adjusting, testing and conveying applications on Apache Webserver, Nginx and Application servers, for example, Tomcat, JBoss.
- Strong knowledge of Docker and container management systems like Kubernetes and Open Shift
- Decent knowledge of security with firewalls, selinux, FreeIPA.
- Delivering production code at a regular cadence using Agile techniques, tools and methodologies.
- Building automation tools and components to aid in installation and provisioning of cloud-based applications in AWS, Azure.
- Collaborating with the SW development teams and ensuring products and services are pushed into production
- Experience in setting up Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines.
- Willingness to learn new languages, frameworks, and skills. A deep understanding of the value of continuous delivery and work together to help teams release frequently and often to production, with high quality.
Operating System: UNIX, RedHat, CentOS, Solaris, Ubuntu, Windows Server
Scripting Languages: Python, Ruby, Perl, Shell Scripting
AWS Services: EC2, ELB, VPC, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation, S3, CloudWatch, CloudTrial, SNS, SQS, SWF, EBS
SCM Tools: Subversion(SVN), GIT, ClearCase, Perforce
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle
CI Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Buildforge and Cruisecontrol
Configuration Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
Automation Tools: Docker, Open Shift and Vagrant
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios
Tracking Tools: Jira, Remedy, ClearQuest
Web Technologies: Google Web Toolkit, HTML, CSS, XML, XSLT
Servers: WebLogic, WebSphere, JBOSS, Apache Tomcat
Network Services: SSH, TELNET, TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP, SNMP, FTP, SMTP, NFS, WinSCP, SAN/NAS, MULTIPATHING, RAID LEVELS.
Platforms: UNIX, Linux, HP-UX, Solaris, Microsoft windows Vista/XP/2000
Databases: Oracle 9i, SQL Server 2000, MySQL3.23, MS-Access 97, MongoDB, Cassandra.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Sr. AWS DevOps Engineer
- Having experienced in Agile Methodologies, Scrum stories and sprints experience in a Python based environment, along with data analytics, data wrangling and Excel data extracts.
- Involved in setting up Jira as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customization and plug-ins for the Jira/issue tracker.
- Analyzed Business Requirements, Functional Requirement & High - level Design documents.
- Assisted in migrating the existing data center into the AWS environment.
- Installed the application on AWS EC2 AMI, Redhat, CentOs, Ubuntu Instances.
- Involved in loading data from On-premises data warehouse to AWS's Cloud using different approaches like Sqoop, Spark and AWS Services.
- Used Jenkins, Build forge for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Prepare the metrics and analyze the work and identify the improvement areas. Responsible for versioning the source code, releasing binary files and tagging on source files and release files.
- Dealt with various merging conflicts and pushes appropriate code into GitHub repository.
- Very good understanding of Ruby scripting, using various gems, ERB Templates.
- Implemented continuous integration using uDeploy.
- Developed strategies, and contracts for validation of deployments and automated rollbacks in uDeploy.
- Developed Ansible Playbooks to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing infrastructure
- Implemented AWS solutions using E2C, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto-scaling groups.
- Used Ansible to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Database, Users, Mount Points, and Packages.
- Creation and maintenance of content for the Ansible community, and implementation of Ansible modules based on customer and community requirements.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple namespaces.
- Extensive experience and knowledge on Jenkins, Build Forge and Docker for continuous integration and end to end automation for all build and deployments.
- Develop CI/CD system with Jenkins on Google's kubernetes container environment, utilizing kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build and test and deploy.
- Prototype CI/CD system with GitLab on GKE utilizing kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD systems to build and test and deploy.
- Build a CI/CD pipeline to automate the process using the python script.
- Writing JSON templates for cloud formation and ruby scripts for Chef automation and contributing to our repository on GitHub.
- Created a Virtual Network on Windows Azure to connect all the servers.
- Experienced in automating, configuring and deploying instances on AWS, Azure and Rackspace cloud environments and in Data centers.
- Implemented high availability with Azure Classic and Azure Resource Manager deployment models.
- Worked with Docker Marathon, Mesos Infrastructure. Deploying Web applications.
- Deployed the built Docker image on Mesos using Marathon. Using a multi-container setup deployed on Mesos.
- Implemented automation with Vagrant, Chef on AWS for application testing, deployment, and development. Prepared documentation describing the configuration state of each item that was under CM control.
- Installed and configured configuration tool such as Chef Server / workstation and nodes via CLI tools to AWS nodes.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache and IIS.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Managing a team of DevOps Engineer for infrastructure support on AWS cloud. Creating cloud formation scripts for hosting software on AWS cloud.
- Creating builds using power shell Scripts, ANT/Maven scripts manually and automated.
- Created Python scripts to totally automate AWS services, which includes web servers, ELB.
- Designed and developed automation test scripts using Python.
- Installed and configured Splunk for log monitoring and forwarded system stats to Splunk indexer, created dashboards and alerts using this data.
- Managing AWS Infra and automation with CLI, API. Managing DATA Center Inbound and outbound services. Working on automation toll like Ansible, Chef and Puppet.
- Performed Server configuration management via Puppet. Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) implementation.
- Configured various jobs in Jenkins & Hudson for deployment of Java based applications and running test suites.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code. Worked on Tomcat Web server for hosting web apps.
- Deployment and Configuration of application server Tomcat deploying Java and Web Application.
- Database Encryption for mirrored Databases. SQL Web Replication implementation.
- Worked on MongoDB database concepts such as locking, transactions, indexes, Sharding, replication, and schema design.
- Worked on MongoDB database design and indexing techniques. Good knowledge on MongoDB write concern majority.
- Wrote Python scripts for pushing data from MongoDB to MySQL Database.
- Setting up private networks and sub-networks using virtual private cloud (VPC) and creating security groups to associate with the networks.
- Setting up scalability for application servers using command line interface for Setting up and administering DNS system in AWS using Route53 Managing users and groups using the Amazon identity and access management (IAM).
- Developing automation scripts using EC2 commands. Designing SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) High Availability.
- Working on ILO to Install Red hat on HP hardware.
- Administration of Web based Internet/Intranet Client/Server multi-tire distributed applications; Installing Patches & packages on Linux Servers.
Environment: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Vagrant, Jenkins, Microsoft Azure, Amazon EC2, S3, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, IAM, Spark, Sqoop, SSRS, SQL, Splunk, SES, SNS, Make, Maven, GitHub, Ant, Python, Ruby, JIRA.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
AWS and DevOps Engineer
- Working in implementation team to build and engineer servers for Linux operating system. Working on AWS & OpenStack cloud to provision new instances.
- Utilized AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Designed and deployed large applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Working on migration project of moving current applications in traditional datacenter to AWS by using AWS services.
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform instances using Puppet, Chef Configuration management.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Working with DevOps practices using AWS, Elastic Bean stalk and Docker with Kubernetes.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Hands on experience with IAM to set up user roles with corresponding user and group policies using JSON .
- Created and design the AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, NAT subnets, for deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Build application and database servers using AWS EC2 and create AMIs as well as use RDS for Oracle DB.
- Involved in deploying the content Cloud platform on AWS using EC2, S3 and EBS .
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Query Optimization in AWS Redshift .
- Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or custom-built, designing cloud-hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Created Snapshots and Amazon Machine Images ( AMI's ) of EC2 Instance for snapshots and creating clone’s instances.
- Configured Apache Webserver in the Linux AWS cloud environment using Puppet automation.
- Managed Elastic Cloud Computing ( EC2 ) instances utilizing auto scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef .
- Automating build process using Subversion (SVN) and ANT .
- Created test branches from master branch of each repositories on GIT to perform testing of Gradle upgrade to LSR and then assisted DEV teams to do the same successfully.
- Developed build and deployed scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Extensively working on Continuous Integration(CI) and Continuous Delivery(CD) process implementation on tools like Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Worked in implementation team to build and engineer servers for Linux operating systems.
- Working on setting up the Chef repo, Chef work stations and Chef nodes . Developed Chef recipes through Knife command-line tool to create Chef cookbooks to manage systems configuration.
- Bootstrapped instances using Chef and integrating with auto scaling .
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process. Implanted a continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub . Used a GitHub branch on Jenkins continuous Integration server, to automatically build Docker container from it.
- Evaluating Docker container technology to replace some virtual environments.
- Worked on Docker hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Created a library of Perl scripts to interface with the Demandware e-commerce platform allowing automation of maintenance tasks across a large group of environments.
- Used Docker for container management on Chef and VMs.
- Created Puppet manifests, classes and modules to automate system operations.
- Developed Puppet Modules for installation & Auto healing of various tools like Jenkins, MYSQL . These modules are designed to work on both windows and Linux platforms.
- Installed, configured and maintained web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Web Server, WebSphere Application Server and Samba Server on Red Hat Linux.
- Install, configuration, and operation of RedHat OpenShift.
- Worked with different bug tools like JIRA, IBM Clear Quest.
- Implemented Release schedules, communicated the Release status, created Roll Out Plans, tracked the Project Milestones, prepared the reports and chaired the Release calls and worked for a successful Release of Jira Application.
- Responsible for managing schedule of the testing activities of different modules and ensuring process compliance and requirement confirmation.
- Installation and configuration of ELK stack in both legacy and Docker swarm mode.
- Configuring and managing an ELK stack, setup the Elastic search ELK Stack to collect, search and analyze log files across the servers. Evaluated system logs using ELK software stack.
- Configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using Nagios.
- Migrate MongoDB Sharded/Replica cluster for one datacenter to another without downtime.
- Worked on Development, Storage and Network teams in installation and administration of MongoDB in the IT Enterprise Environment.
- Configured Cassandra database on AWS cloud.
- Bulk loading of the data into Cassandra cluster using java API.
- Installed and configured monitoring tools Nagios for monitoring the network bandwidth and the hard drives status.
- Designed Methodologies to troubleshoot based on the issues and documented all the procedures to educate team members.
- Experience with threat modeling, especially for web application and web APIs.
- Splunk was used to collect all the logs from application.
Environment: AWS, S3, EBS, Redshift, IAM, EC2, Elastic Load Balancer, AWS Auto Scaling, Apache, Tomcat, Nagios, MySQL, PHP, Perforce, Jenkins, Maven, Docker, Puppet, JBOSS 4.22.GA, JSON, Web Logic Application Server 9.x, 10.x, Chef, GIT, Oracle, Windows and Linux.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Responsible for Deployment Automation using multiple tools Chef , Docker , Jenkins , GIT , ANT Scripts.
- Experienced with Docker container service.
- Involved in building own PaaS with Docker ; deployed various applications through Dockers containers.
- Dockerized applications by creating Docker images from Dockerfile.
- Written Chef Cookbooks and recipes in Ruby to Provision several pre - prod environments consisting of Cassandra DB installations, WebLogic domain creations and several proprietary middleware installations.
- Developed Chef Recipes to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing infrastructure.
- Implemented Chef best-practices and introduced Foodcritic, Rubocop, Berkshelf and Test Kitchen to facilitate a more natural cookbook development work flow.
- Maintained Chef Servers and management application that can use Service Now (CI) data to bring computers into a desired state by managing files, services, or packages installed on physical or virtual machines.
- Managed Nodes, Runlists , roles, environments, databags, cookbooks, recipes in Chef.
- Used Test Kitchen to test the scripts and used Ohai to collect attributes on node.
- Developed the scripts to push patches, files and maintain configuration drift through the Puppet Tool.
- Creating profiles, manifests for new servers, and pushing them to servers using Puppet.
- Using Puppet Enterprise to Manage Application configurations in both a large VMware environment, as well as a new SOA environment - built completely in OpenStack.
- Responsible the move towards infrastructure as code with the push towards OpenStack for the private cloud environments.
- Deployed a centralized log management system and integrated into Chef to be used by developers.
- Installed and configured Jenkins master that served 30 different slaves supporting 8 different applications with various release life cycles and multiple CI pipelines setup on project branches.
- Integrated Ant and Maven with Jenkins to run to automate the build process as a part of continuous delivery.
- Experience in Jenkins monitoring external jobs, distributed builds and plugin management.
- Resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Jenkins and Jira.
- Involved in implementing Tool Suite (Jira, Jenkins).
- Setting up continuous integration and formal builds using Jenkins with Maven and Tomcat repository.
- Designed and implemented Subversion and GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Installation, configuration and upgrade of Red hat Linux 5,6 operating systems.
- Deployed and Azure instance for a hybrid based authorization and encryption system.
- Responsible for all AD, IIS, SSL, SSO, SQL, Load Balancing, NSG s, and VPN configurations for Azure.
- Hands on experience in jfrog cloud services , Azure storage, Azure active directory, Azure Service Bus. Create and manage Azure AD tenants and configure application integration with Azure AD. Integrate on-premises Windows AD with Azure AD Integrating on-premises identity with Azure AD.
- Deployed an Azure instance for a hybrid based authorization and encryption system.
- Worked with system, network, security, & storage engineering teams to prepare & configure new servers for the VMware ESX environment.
- Configured replication for MySQL and MongoDB databases.
- Deploy database patches in MySQL/ MongoDB .
- Splunk implementation, configure, maintain, troubleshooting Splunk/Linux systems.
- Developed Splunk infrastructure and related solutions as per automation toolsets.
- Installed, tested and deployed monitoring solutions with Splunk services.
- Integrate Splunk with AWS deployment using Puppet to collect data from all database server systems into Splunk.
- Configured and used HP diagnostic to monitor and analyze the performance of the server by generating various reports of CPU utilization, Memory Usage, JVM Heap Size etc.
- Monitored Live Traffic, logs, Memory utilization, Disk utilization and various other factors which are important for deployment in Windows Environment.
- Manage upgrades of Linux systems including Oracle Exadata appliances.
- Experience in diagnosing, troubleshooting various networking, hardware & Linux/ UNIX server's services issues and performing preventive maintenance.
- Writing plugins for monitoring tools using Perl and Ruby.
- Created PowerShell script that monitored Oracle Enterprise Manager Status and emailed results.
- Wrote tools using PowerShell and Java script to increase work flow and productivity.
- Ability to write Shell & Perl scripting.
- Maintain security for the networked environment while allowing users to access all data and software remotely.
- RPM and YUM package installations, patch and another server management.
- Expertise with UNIX and Windows environments including shell and Perl scripts, perforce DevOps.
- Setup of full networking services and protocols on UNIX, including NIS/NFS, DNS, SSH, DHCP, NIDS, TCP/IP, ARP, applications, and print servers to insure optimal networking, application, and printing functionality.
Environment: Unix, Linux, Azure, Git, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Splunk, Nagios, Shell scripting, Perl, Ruby, OpenStack, Jira.
Confidential, Birmingham, AL
Build and Release Engineer
- As member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, and release tracking and reporting on Unix/Linux platform.
- Developed build and deployment processes for Pre-production environments.
- Used Subversion as source code repositories.
- Managed SVN repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Resolved merging issues during rebasing and re-integrating branches by conducting meetings with Development Team Leads.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity, and code conflict resolution.
- Used Jenkins, Build forge for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Involved in writing parent pom files to establish the code quality tools integration.
- Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins.
- Developed Shell/Perl Scripts for automation purpose.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published.
- Used Jira as ticket tracking and work flow tool.
Environment: SVN, Shell/Perl Scripts, SCM, Jenkins, Build Forge, Maven and ANT, Tomcat, Jira.
Build and Release Engineer
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion /GIT.
- Installed and configured uDeploy for Automating Deployments and providing a complete automation solution.
- Integrated Subversion into uDeploy to automate the code check-out process.
- Maintained and administered GIT source code tool.
- Developed processes, tools, automation for TFS (Team Foundation System) based software for build system and delivering SW Builds.
- Managed build results in uDeploy and deployed using workflows in uDeploy.
- Delivered specific versions of various components of an application into target environments using uDeploy.
- Maintain and track inventory using uDeploy and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention.
- Modeled the structure for multi-tiered applications orchestrates the processes to deploy each tier.
- Experience in JIRA to capture, organize and prioritize issues. Experience in partially administering JIRA for issue management.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Used Hudson/Jenkins for automating Builds and Automating Deployments.
- Used various plug-ins to extend the base functionality of Hudson/Jenkins to deploy, integrate tests and display reports.
- Owned build farm and produced effective multiple branch builds to support parallel development.
- Owned Release to Production Process, gathered approvals, signoffs from stakeholders and QAs before going to PROD.
- Managed the Release Communication and Co-ordination Process.
- Developed build scripts using ANT and MAVEN as the build tools for the creation of build artifacts like war or ear files.
- Maintained the Shell and Perl scripts for the automation purposes.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
Environment : Windows Solaris, UNIX, C++, Java, Eclipse 3.20, Ant, Jenkins, JBoss Application Server, CVS, Subversion, VTFS, Jira and Cygwin, IBMClearcase 7.0.
- Installed, Upgraded, Mirrored and Configured RHEL and Sun Solaris using Kickstart, Jumpstart installation respectively.
- Installation and administration of RHEL 4.0/5.0 and SUSE 10.x.
- Wrote UNIX shell scripts for automated installations, to extract logs using C, Bash, Perl, and Python.
- Created Power Shell script that monitored Oracle Enterprise Manager Status and emailed results.
- Developed automated processes that run daily to check disk usage and perform cleanup of file systems on LINUX environments using shell scripting.
- Integrated Maven with Shell scripts created in Bash to automate the deployments for the Java based applications.
- Participated in Java/J2EE and developed XML, HTML, Shell Scripts and Perl Scripts.
- Involved in using Hibernate for data persistence tier.
- Implemented multi thread programming to make SOAP calls to backend applications.
- Supported infrastructure environment comprising of RHEL and Solaris.
- Involved in Linux backup/restore with tar including formatting and disk partitioning.
- Designed and implemented Puppet-based configuration management system for all new Linux machines (physical and virtual).
- Involved in development, user acceptance, and performance testing, production & disaster recovery server.
- Responsible for setting up Cron jobs scripts on production servers.
- Perform new builds and decommissions of both physical and VMware servers.
- Responsible for the Database / Network operation with 80 servers.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like WebLogic.
- Responsible for configuring real time backup of web servers.
- Monitoring system performances using Nagios and managing network issues.
- Monitoring the servers using tools like BMC and Nagios and providing 24x7 on call support rotation basis.
- Deployed Enterprise Application Archive (EAR), Web Application Archive (WAR), Staging and Production environments.
- Created and modified users and groups with SUDO permission.
- Coordinating users for any server activities which may involve major changes on software or any hardware related issues.
- Applied appropriate support packages/patches to maintain system integrity.
- Managing the groups and user in Active Directory, installing and configuring send mail and adding servers to domain.
Environment: Red Hat Linux (RHEL 4/5), UNIX, Python, Logical Volume Manager, Global File System, Red Hat Cluster Servers, Maven, Puppet, Nagios, BMC, Oracle, MySQL, Shell scripts, Perl scripts, Apache, Tomcat, SAN, SUSE, VMware.