To obtain a technical leadership position that allows me to learn new technologies while utilizing my experience developing complex computer systems.
Technologies: Html; Perl 5.8.8; Java 5.0 and greater, Java script EMCA 5 and greater; ReactJS (flux architecture); Jquery; SQL; PHPUnit; C/C++ (multi - threaded and TCP/UDP socket server applications); Visual basic; Java 5 and up; Bash; NodeJs;
Development Tools: Microsoft Office; Macromedia Studio MX; Adobe Creative Suite; Eclipse; Netbeans; Microsoft Visual Studio.net(2003-2008); Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Alitiris(windows network management client); Subversion (SVN); GIT; CVS; Emerson Ovation Application Suite (Nuclear Reactor Simulator Control);
Operating Systems: Windows 9x, NT, 2000, XP, Vista; Window 7, linux (various distributions);
Staff Software Engineer
- Currently, working on a software team of four developers with the responsibility of delivering a real time web responsive applications using the Java Play framework.
Senior Web Developer
- Responsible for development of process work flow tools to assist in analysis of securitized debt.
- Direct internal customer interaction on daily basis including requirements gather, scheduling of software development tasks and development.
- Product owner of multiple web based tools including a mapquest geocoding correction tool, markets ratings analysis tool, and underwriting analysis tool which utilize technologies such as doctrine, PHP 5.4, and Zend Framework 2.
- Developed using Agil methods such as SCRUM.
- Developed and worked with Restful Web Services.
- All development was performed using Object Oriented PHP, Zend 2 Framework MVC, LAMP, HTML, CSS Bootstrap, Jquery, MySQL and SQL. Additionally, all websites took advantage of memcache to enhance performance.
- Responsible for patent application prosecution process.
- Research patent-ability of pending software applications to the patent office.
- Consult with lawyers / inventors regarding filed applications during patent prosecution process.
- Formulating statutory arguments for prosecution processing of software patent applications.
Confidential, Township, PA
Product Owner/Software Engineer/field engineer
- Responsible for Simulator software development in Java c/c++, C#, python and perl.
- Tasked with rewriting and designing simulator software tools such the Confidential Migration/Map Tool.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining GSE plant model computer software to simulate plant hardware.
- Experience with scrum on various projects in a simulator development team using agile development to develop software applications.
- Configured and selected software and hardware tools such as a group wiki and agilo, trac server to facilitate the group SCRUM process.
- Tasked with writing /implementing software development planning materials, designs and resource requests.
- Product owner of simulation tools including Confidential (a real time data processing application) and Simulated Plant Report Manager.
- Simulation modeling of Confidential designs, developing code generation and templating systems.
- Simulation of Confidential user interfaces for plant operations training.
- Developed and implemented simulation licensing scheme to protect Westinghouse trade secrets.
Confidential, Monroeville, PA
Software Engineer/field engineer
- Responsible for supporting Simulator software development in Java c/c++ and perl.
- Tasked with rewriting and redesigning simulator software tools such the Confidential Migration/Map Tool.
- Responsible for maintaining and upgrading simulator software to facilitate customer
- Developed licensing software mainly implemented in java for the purpose of tracking and enforcing legal purchasing contract with Westinghouse customers.
Confidential, Penn Hills, PA
Software Development/Test Engineering Internship
- Worked with engineers to design and develop sophisticated software applications for integration into talk-man and third party voice recognition services.
- Worked with engineers to design and develop a software testing suite to help automate talk-man hardware and voice recognition tests.
- Frequent interaction with senior site management and Software Engineers during project assignments.
- Analyzing, debugging, and providing critical input on various software applications and hardware solutions developed by Confidential .
Confidential, Blairsville, PA
- Supervising enterprise computer installation and software implementation services.
- Frequent interaction with senior site management and IT during project management.
- Providing on site hardware and software-related assistance to the staff of the Blairsville Specialty Metals Plant.
- Analyzing, debugging, and providing critical input on various software applications developed by Westinghouse.