Senior Developer Consultant
- Developed a primary webservice used to mitigate the current user’s rights/status as it relates to site content on a page by page basis.
- The user rights/status keeps consistent throughout the user experience between the cookie, session, and custom user info object (which stored information in Confidential ) so that the back and front end were consistently.
- If any one of the properties for the user was out of sync between the three, it would update to be consistent.
- For example, if a user’s cookie had been removed however the user info object had the information then when the user would enter their email address to gain access again, all that information would sync between the three objects once again.
- Developed a Confidential service “scraper” that would retrieve and catalog user visits daily and store that information in a database for use with reporting. This was automated and ran as a service on the server.
- UX/UI development in creating an online presentation for a private company.
- The Confidential files used for the video segments were coded manually to show a specific set of the video and/or animation in the Confidential files depending on the user’s interaction.
- In this role, created new web pages for the state of Texas (Texas LIDA), regarding low income benefits. Updated older existing web pages that would post the entire page during a page refresh. By the end of my development, moved past their then current technology to a more lite client - side approach using AJAX/Web methods/REST/JSON to update only the parts of the page that were relevant to the user action taking place.
- Built with .NET using HTML5 / CSS3 / Bootstrap / JSON / AJAX / REST making them response. Updated older existing web pages to the new standard.
- Created new desktop applications/services to facilitate a monthly batch of flat files that must be consumed, made consistent in terms of formatting and then entered into a massive database that houses on going entries from decades past along with future ones.
- Having to also write backend code and database updates, there was a need to build a data scrubber as the data entered into the system monthly was done so by vendors out in the field.
- This gave way to a host of user error entry information that the team would spend ¼ of the month fixing.
- As this occurred every month and the records entered were in the millions, this became problematic in terms of time spent fixing errors. Built an automated scrubber to fix common errors with the data.
Back end development: C# and VB.NET, MS SQL Server, SSIS Packages
- Created a proof of concept 3d security desktop application for Confidential Technologies identifies people and associates metadata to them for e-commerce and security purposes. This application used a 3d sensing camera to map facial features on a person-by-person level. Because it mapped the features in infrared, the lighting (or lack thereof) was not a factor. It can tell the difference between one person and another and track a specific person or set a people as they enter/exit an area.
- This will run on multi-locations nodes that marry into centralized servers.
Utilized: C#, Winforms, Multithreading, MVC 4.0, XAML, WCF, WPF, UX, UI
Senior Developer/Architect/UX Designer
- Created a Winforms application to set up & maintain IP security cameras utilizing: C#, WinForms, Multithreading, JSON CD/CI, WPF, WCF, Web APIs, MVC 4.0, UX, UI
- Responsible for the creation of clients’ application in IP Security camera deployment and management.
- This desktop application allows the operator to update IP cameras by automating the renaming and configuration of each client location.
- It also shows the operator the current live view of the cameras that are attached to each location per IP address (necessary for identification before naming - including in staging scenarios).
- Assisting in bringing their intranet site up to spec by building a new HTML5 responsive template for them to use, creating new pages, and updating old using the following technologies: C#, ASP.Net, VB.Net, MVC 5.0, Bootstrap, HTML5, CSS, JSON CD/CI, JQuery, Ajax, Entity Framework, Office365 API SOAP calls, Web APIs, MS SQL (TSQL), SharePoint, UX, UI, GIT
- Switched their model of developing leveraging the standard Microsoft web controls with embedded post backs to JQuery/AJAX/JSON calls not requiring page post backs. They are now using this as their default way to communicate between client/server.
- Developed several of their intranet web pages which involve both front end UX/UI design work along with backend development and Active Directory interface and Confidential -SQL calls. Switched them from VB.Net to C#.
- One of the more notable pages involves interaction between the user and their email messages which are handled through the web page using Office365 REST. This allows users to send and receive emails (including dragging attachments) and calendar invites though a web page.
- Developed applications for use with Confidential software processes and e-Commerce: VS 10, C#, PL/SQL, XML, Multi-threading, WindowsSQL/GUPTA, SharePoint, JIRA, TeamFoundationServer, Paint .NET, MVC 4.0
- Responsible for the upkeep and extension of insurance systems (PRIMIS) written in .NET with a PL/SQL backend along with legacy insurance systems (ISIS) written in WindowsSQL/GUPTA, as well as the creation of support tools for both legacy and .NET applications. Designed the UX, logic, and coding using various technologies/toolsets.
- Specifically, one toolset (S-Copy) I wrote and designed from the ground up to be able to transfer thousands of different records to different tables independent of environment. This runs through an XML script that allows us to add/remove the abilities of S-COPY on the file. Basically, the script governs what S-COPY does and is smart enough to handle different environments and different record types. For example, Policies vs Claims. It can also be easily added to with the use of the XML script. This is a VS2010 Windows Forms solution leveraging PL/SQL.
- Developed applications for use with Confidential software processes using: VB.Net, C#, Gupta, PL-SQL, TFS SharePoint, JIRA
- Supported ISIS insurance application and development
- Created embedded applications for use in Word documents
- Developed automated Excel worksheet scripts that creates end of month insurance reports
- Met with client stakeholders to on a weekly basis to keep schedules, identify / resolve issues, keep customer satisfaction
- Architect and developed web/intranet applications for both front and back end utilizing: ASP.Net for use by external applications as well as our custom intranet solutions.
- These applications would then utilize the multitudes of housing metadata collected from these custom applications. Online web reports were also developed to exports in various formats including common Office applications for deliver to custom reporting and data package management applications as well as XML formats. The metadata was managed through APIs and custom SQL server calls and DTS Packages. All code managed in TFS.
- Gathered requirements and consequently architected solutions for the requirements, then through data modeling and analysis - developed and the necessary back end data stored procedures, triggers, and functions to leverage the meta-data collected by the portal custom applications for ASP.Net pages, custom web services, stand-alone applications in a timely manner
- Performance tuned existing Confidential -SQL server stored procedures, triggers, functions to streamline SQL query response time
- Architected and developed IS data management solution (called ADUP Sync) which automated the synchronization of existing meta-data between HR records and user counts in Active Directory utilizing C#, LDAP queries, SQL server database calls, stored procedures, SQL functions, triggers. The ADUP Sync solution would send emails on any detected issues or updated meta-data that was changed in Active Directory from this application
- Developed custom Winforms applications that monitored server health and reported issues via HTML based emails
- Creation of DTS/SSIS packages during portal server upgrades/maintenance periods
Technologies Used: C#, VB.Net, Confidential /SQL, TFS