- Full - stack (Rails, Django), Python Application and Mobile Developer.
- 11 years of experience in Software Engineering. Led Design & Development of Web, Mobile, Desktop applications, across the domains of Mobile advertisements, Machine Learning, Networking & Security, Collaboration and Engineering tools.
- Started off projects Confidential proof of concept stage that later went into full implementation.
- Worked in startups and large corporations. For the most part of the career been one of the initial members of the project teams that later grew multi-fold.
- Worked directly with Senior management in understanding the requirements, communicating and implementing the solutions
Engineering Manager Application Software Engineer. Senior Lead
- Played developer, lead developer and hands-on manager roles across several projects involving various technologies, owned critical systems.
- Developed, Led and managed Web Development Projects across technology stacks (Agile: Scrum)
- Ruby on Rails web application for managing software releases involving thousands of components across various Confidential networks composed of 200,000+ servers across the world. Confidential ’s custom application, Build and Release Tracking system (BaRT), is a legacy application with code in Perl, Ruby on Rails 2.3 (Ruby 1.8.7), and Ruby on Rails 4 (Ruby 2.1.5) and is tightly integrated with a custom installation of Bugzilla (Perl) with a MySQL database backend. Various projects concerning this application are migrating to Rails 4, meeting PCI compliance, adding a test automation suite/adding unit tests, supporting internal customers, and general improvements.
- RoR web application for SOX auditing and source code access controls.
- Software implementation of the process followed by Confidential for new product launches (Java EE).
- Web application for sharing and finding employee information and managing employee SSH keys (Object-Oriented Python).
- Confidential Internal Wiki used for all the documentation (used by customer care) and a document sharing application (Mediawiki, LAMP-PHP).
- Handled multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Led a team of 14 engineers, involving hiring, mentoring and developing quality engineers across various areas of Software Development and Operations.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
Sr. Software Engineer
- Designed and developed for Android platform, AdKit, an SDK for display ads on mobile platforms, leveraging on the local ad inventory of Yellowpages. Primary developer: Myself
- Developed sports web apps (Golf, NBA, NFL) on Plusmo platform. Team size: 3
- Developed YPmobile Android app ( Confidential & Confidential Yellowpages app). Team size: 5+
Sr. Software Engineer
Confidential, Aliso Viejo, CA
- Designed and developed a tool to measure the cache requirements for the new tile server architecture.
Technologies: Objet-Oriented Python, Matplotlib, and Linux
Confidential, Redlands, CANetwork and Security Engineer
- Led the design and development of a solution for publishing the documentation of various Confidential products to a stand-alone DVD in a navigable, searchable form and also as an installable solution. Primary developer: Myself
- Inventory Classification Engine (ICE) is used for classifying the unstructured inventory in the Data warehouse
- Started Confidential Proof-of-Concept stage as part of a 3-member team that later grew into a 10-member team as the project went into full implementation
- Led the design and implementation of the core logic of the application, using machine-learning techniques.
Technologies: Object-Oriented Python, PyQt, Machine Learning, Data mining, Natural Language Processing (NLP), NLTK, Orange, weka, Teradata, Sun Solaris, Windows, SVN, Agile Development
- Gathered requirements, designed and developed a key Desktop application for the company.
Technologies: Object-Oriented Python, Qt, PyQt, Swig, Reportlab, Innosetup, Linux, Windows, Agile Development, TDD, MySQL
Software Engineer for Test
- Designed and developed test suite for a web service, a Knoppix based application platform and a mobile client software.
Technologies: Objet-Oriented Python, and Linux
Network and Security Engineer
- Gathered requirements from various divisions of Stockholm Confidential (Government), proposed and implemented the solution for secure contiguous connectivity across subnets and networks to Confidential of Stockholm staff Primary contributor: Myself
Technologies: 802.11, Research on layer 2 handoff, WLAN roaming architecture, Mobile VPN solutions, Linux, Windows