- Over 13 years of progressive IT development and project management experience with 4 years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated leadership in effectively managing multiple projects and producing user - friendly applications.
- Great adeptness in tackling complex projects by using creative problem solving skills and in turning vision into a final product.
- Proven team player with several self-driven accomplishments.
- Passionate about leading, designing and building GIS applications.
- Expert in utilizing different GIS technologies provided by ESRI, Google and SAFE (FME).
- Ability to communicate with technical and management stakeholders with great lucidity.
Current Languages: C# (expert) , Visual Basic .NET, Java, SQL
Past Languages: AML, XSL (XPath), JSP, Java Beans, CORBA, C, C++, HTML5DHTML, Lisp, SNOBOL, Prolog, Smalltalk, Haskell, Fortran, Basic, Pascal, BC, PS
GIS: ArcObjects, ArcGIS Server, FME Workbench (Spatial ETL), FME Server, ArcGIS Runtime SDKs, ArcGIS Desktop, Google Fusion, KML, Google Maps, ArcPad, ArcIMS, Data Modeling, Versioning, Replication, Portal for ArcGIS, GeoServer, OGC, WFS, WMS, GeoJSON, SDSFIE
Technologies: WCF, WPF, RIA, Silverlight, MVVM, Entity Framework, COM, Web Services, SOAP, ASP.NET, XML, Citrix, Oracle Text, REST, WSDL, SOA
Database: SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, MS Access
Web Servers: IIS, Apache
Application Packages/Tools: SAP PS, MS Project, MS Visio, Team Foundation Server, Serena Dimensions, Visual Studio 2010, Enterprise Architect
Project Management: CMMI, Scrum, Agile, PMP, ITIL, RUP
Consultant - Lead GIS Consultant
- Integration of SAP CRM and ArcGIS Server for the Confidential project using SAP’s Silverlight island
- Familiarity with SAP HANA’s geospatial APIs
- Ended early as entire program got canceled by federal government
Consultant - Lead GIS Architect
- Provide guidance to Confidential staff and guide in determining the best solution and technology for multiple enterprise level GIS applications
- Enterprise wide implementation where the GIS applications and services ran on over 200 servers.
- Develop ArcGIS Server extensions using Server Object Extension (SOE) using a mix of ArcObjects, WCF services as well as SQL Server spatial to attain maximum efficiency and speed
- Develop Windows Form and WPF applications utilizing ArcGIS Server services (including DaaS) and other WCF based services
- Develop automated tests using a mix of microsoft test tools and custom applications
- GIS database design and modeling to design the enterprise database for the overall Confidential geodatabase
- Extract national and international Navteq datasets and convert them into usable enterprise level Confidential friendly formats
- Design and develop mission critical GIS applications from the view point of BCP (Business Continuity Planning)
- Install and administer different products such as ArcGIS desktop, ArcGIS Server and SQL server on various development and test machines.
Current Environment: Visual Studio Ultimate 2010, ArcGIS Server 10.1.1, ArcGIS Server SOE, ArcGIS Desktop, Arcobjects, ArcSDE, SQL Server, SQL Server Spatial, Python, MS Visio, Serena Version Control, Team Foundation Server (TFS), CCNET, GeoJSON
Lead IT Applications Developer, Senior GIS Applications Developer
- Mentored and supervised contract resources.
- Hands-on developer with solid experience in architecting different applications.
- Lead developer in operational decision support system project, integrating GIS components with other distributed system (including SCADA) to empower emergency operations center (EOC). Help in developing and designing database as well as determine key technologies and guide other developers in integrating various disparate components to enable a state of the art solution that aids water managers in decision making during emergencies such as storms, hurricanes and flooding.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to determine key business needs and develop technical visions and strategies.
- Define and lead research, technical evaluations, proof-of-concept, and related efforts to determine feasibility of concepts and candidate architectures.
- Designed and developed enterprise scripts for automating the nightly update of GIS Enterprise data within Google Fusion to automate maintenance of Google Earth Enterprise (GEE) World.
- Develop, manage, monitor and maintain around 35 in-house applications through various version releases of ArcGIS, .NET, ArcSDE and Oracle.
- Proactively guided various contracting firms and internal staff through different stages of SDLC, performed code reviews, code walkthroughs and finally, oversaw the application support in production.
- Develop and maintain sections of Enterprise Architecture
- Customized ArcPAD for mobile GIS computing.
Current Environment: Visual Studio 2010, ArcGIS Server 10, ArcGIS Desktop, Arcobjects, Arcobject Add-ins, ArcSDE, Oracle, SQL Server, Silverlight, Python, FME Server, FME Workbench, Confidential, SAP PS, MS Project, MS Visio, Redhat Linux, Google Fusion, Google Earth Enterprise, ArcPad, Google Search Appliance
Sr. Data Engineer
- Designed and developed a set of C# based desktop productivity tools ‘Network Tools’ to assemble and pre-process GIS input data for a simulation model.
- Designed and modeled a geodatabase as well as a geometric network.
- Designed and developed a suite of critical applications/scripts “Enterprise Data Transfer Application Suite” to automate vector the data validation and transfer of mission-critical enterprise datasets, in various GIS formats, to the file system and spatial databases on a nightly basis by using C#, ArcObjects, and Python.
Environment: ArcObjects, Visual Studio .NET, C#, ArcInfo 8.2, ArcSDE 8.2, MS SQL server, Python
- Helped develop a web-based work order dispatch suite application, enabling users to create and dispatch work orders over Java enabled mobile devices.
- Created XSLT based invoices using XML, Java, XALAN, Xerces & JDOM.
- Integrated QuickBooks accounting software with a web application by leveraging XML messaging & Visual Basic .NET.
Environment: Windows XP, RedHat Linux, Visual Studio .NET, J2ME Wireless Toolkit, Java 1.4.x
Software Developer (Intern)
- Created a Java based orchestration service on top of a distributed solutions framework capable of converting documents from one format to another.
- Greatly improved efficiency by using Confidential ’s graph search algorithm to find the best path for conversions.
Environment: Windows 2000 & RedHat Linux 8.0, Java 1.4.x, Ant, Install Anywhere, WinCVS and Magic Draw
Software Developer (Intern)
- This was later reused by another department saving significant resources.
- Developed a MS Access database application using Confidential .
- The design process included creating E/R diagram.
Environment: Windows 2000 with Microsoft Access 2000, Confidential 6.0