- Expert level in graphic related programming languages C, C++, Visual Basic Lab Windows/View et al. Develop Graphical User Interfaces.
- Expert level development of low level detailed device drivers specific to Confidential (s).
- Expert level knowledge of control of manufacturing equipment and test tools/ equipment. Work with major test equipment manufactures in development of new capabilities and options.
- Also write test SW using Python, Assembly, Basic.
- Use of Windows XP/Win7 and Linux/UNIX operating systems.
- Evaluation and selection of Confidential test equipment such as spectrum analyzers.
- Design of Confidential IC/ Confidential production and engineering evaluation test HW.
- Use of applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Visio, Access, ClearCase, Cadence, Agilent ADS, Matlab, Wireshark, Omnipeek.
- Establish technical direction for Confidential, analogue, digital and mixed signal test.
- Use of Confidential modelling tools such a Spice and Microwave office.
- Optimize test for high volume production
- Work with business unit management.
- Reduce cost of test
- Coordinate test approach across projects
- Develop new test approaches for future projects.
- Work closely with design
- Technical leadership with mentoring
- Work across international boarders
- Confidential /microwave/mixed signal test of a wide range of products including high volume production test of 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Confidential IC(s), design engineering evaluation of prototype mobile phone Confidential s), satellite mobile phones, and high power PCS base station Confidential Front Ends.
- Test of WiMAX client and base stations, multimode Land Mobile Radios, Ku/C - Band satellite tracking systems, terrestrial broadcast, repeaters, DAS, GPS, wideband frequency synthesizers, command receivers and telemetry transmitters, satellites, ELINT and EW systems, Confidential and LTE test development.
- Combine HW and SW expertise
- Solid theoretical background with practical hands on.
- Additional experience with vibration, acceleration, pressure sensors et al.
Senior Engineer, San Diego, CA
- Responsible Confidential hardware engineer for Confidential design on Confidential project.
- Mentored test engineers regarding development of manufacturing test HW and SW.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
Senior Staff Engineer
- Confidential HW and SW test development for WLAN, Bluetooth and LTE products.
- Wireless multi-standard co-existence, EMI and susceptibility LAN based testing.
- Test hardware design plus evaluation of leading edge third party test equipment.
- Write test software using C++ and Python. Programming of test equipment and design of GUI(s).
- Wrote low level drivers for download to Confidential (s).
Senior Confidential Test Engineer
- Lead role in HW and SW test design for new Confidential /wireless/analog/mixed signal products using Confidential Fusion tester.
- Final and wafer probe test. Develop and execute innovative test concepts.
- Interface with customers and business unit management.
- Mentor and lead junior test engineers across international boarders.
Senior Confidential Test Engineer
- Test of Confidential Land Mobile Radio transceivers for public safety use per TIA-102, TIA-603 and F.C.C. 47CFR90 requirements.
- Test planning and test equipment evaluation inclusive of Confidential WiMAX IEEE 802.16 applications per WiMAX Forum RCT.
- Wrote manufacturing test software inclusive of device drivers and GUI(s) in Lab Windows and C/C++. Act as group technical lead.
Confidential, Greensboro, NC
Senior Test Engineer
- Test of 802.11g WLAN transceivers.
- Test of 802.11a/b/g Confidential front end IC(s).
- Write test software using Confidential Fusion tester and Visual Basic for rack and stack testers.
- Design test boards.
- Evaluate third party test equipment.
- Author test plans. Act as group technical lead.
Confidential, Encinitas, CA
- Test of Confidential s) Develop test plans and procedures.
- Represent test engineering with customers and production.
- Lead and mentor technical team. Improve manufacturing data correlation and yields.
- Evaluate and specify test equipment.
- Liaise with suppliers. Write test software in C.
- Design of evaluation Confidential s).
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Design hardware and software tools to support the design team followed by Confidential, analog, and digital test hardware and software leading to fully automated factory test.
- Lead test engineering technical team.
- Evaluate new test equipment.
- Write fully automated Confidential test software using Lab Windows CVI and Microsoft Visual C++.
- Programs include control of Confidential /Microwave Confidential (IEEE-488) equipment.
- Develop downloadable embedded assembly code to control frequency synthesizers and interface with Confidential s).
- Design Confidential /microwave test hardware.
- Design custom PC interface cards and associated software drivers to support serial, packet and IIC interfaces.
- High volume products include mobiles, PCS base station infrastructure, Confidential Ku-Band and C-Band satellite transceivers and Globalstar tri-mode user terminals.
- Write low level device drivers for Confidential /mixed signal systems used in test or in final product release and GUI(s) for lab and manufacturing use.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Development and test of Confidential and stealth technologies including a spread spectrum low probability of intercept K-band radar.
- Confidential, baseband analog and digital design.
- Write low level drivers and design GUI(s).
Confidential, El Segundo, CA
- Development and test of spacecraft wideband frequency agile synthesizers, command receivers and telemetry transmitters.
- Write software in Basic for automated test of satellite telemetry, command and communications systems including spread spectrum systems.
- Confidential, analog and digital test equipment design.
- Use of Confidential /microwave analysis and simulation tools.
- Integration and test of a high power satellite earth station.
- Technical leader of MIC module test group.
- Act as technical expert regarding lab/manufacturing test equipment Held Secret clearance.
Confidential, Mountain View, CA
- Write test software for analog and digital ICT. Design test fixtures.
- Test of microprocessor based assemblies.
- Integration of communications, ELINT and EW systems.
- Develop test plans for a high power jammer.