- Over 8 years of work with top - notch Product and Services with over 5 years of work experience in Software Design, Development, and Maintenance of mobile applications using Android and 3 years of experience in Java, performing functional and technical roles.
- Excellent hands on skills with Android application development tools, Android Studio, Android SDK.
- Solid understanding of application life cycle, Android UX/UI.
- Knowledge in version control systems (GITHUB, BitBucket, SVN) and UML (Modeling Language).
- Comfortable in tracking project progress using JIRA and designing multithreaded implementations.
- Experience in unit testing tools (JUnit), web technologies, data interchange format (JSON), cloud message API’s.
- Vast knowledge of IDEs such as Android studio, Eclipse, NetBeans and familiar with OOPS concepts.
- Expert in Database testing using SQLite.
- Proficient in implementation of Adapters, Services, UI development, Activities, Fragments, Intents, Content providers and Receivers.
- Tested several Android Applications using real devices, and Android Virtual Devices.
- Proficient in Working with different Android frameworks (Bluetooth, Location, Camera, Notifications, Maps).
- Excellent in debugging technical skills that includes ANR, JIRA crash report tool and problem-solving skills with Eclipse, NetBeans, Android Studio.
- Extensively used SQLite and Firebase database for data storage.
- Have experience in using Android SDK from version 2.2 and up.
- Used proguard rules to shrink the APK by removing unused code and resources in the release build.
- Proficient with common Android framework APIs Location, Camera API, Sensor API, Notifications, Maps
- Experience in developing Barcode scanning app.
- Experiences in web service protocols such as RESTful and Http.
- Experience on other languages such as HTML5, CSS.
- Experience in Android device support, publishing apps to Google Play Store, Memory Management.
- Strong testing experience of all testing phases such as Unit testing, Integration testing and System testing
- Experienced with complete Android lifecycle and Fragment life cycle process.
- Worked with Activities, Fragments, Android Binding, Android Framework, Media player and Adapters, Async Task, Intents, Services, Intent Services, Broadcast Receiver, Media player, Content Providers, Location Services and Push Notification.
- Involved in writing Unit Test Cases and Test Plans and followed Test-Driven Development (TDD) approach for multiple projects. Having understood with white-box and black-box testing.
Android OS: Android 2.2 to Android 6.0 (Froyo, Gingerbread, HoneyComb, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jellybean, Kit Kat,Lollipop, Marshmallow).
Languages: C/C++,Java,Swift (iOS)
Frameworks: Java Development Kit (JDK), Struts, Spring, Servlets, JSP, Hibernate, JDBC, Android SDK, iOS SDK
IDE: Android Studio, Eclipse, NetBeans, XCode,MyEclipse
Web/Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, IBM WebSphere
Version Control Tools: CVS, SVN, Git
Databases: SQLite, MySQL, Oracle 9i/10g/11g
Testing Tools& Frameworks: Junit, Espresso, Robotium, UI Automator, MonkeyRunner,Appium
& Quality Center (QC)
Bug Tracker Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, QC
Operating systems: Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, & Android variants
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Sr. Android Developer
- Followed the Agile methodology for implementing the project.
- Used MVC pattern for developing application with Android Studio IDE.
- Used Android NDK to create the library files to be used by Services.
- Worked with Recycler Views for displaying the list.
- Implemented Overflow menus for the settings.
- Implemented Sliding Menu using Navigation Drawer for an easy flow of the application
- Responsible for consuming the REST services, getting JSON response and parsing them to get the required information.
- Implemented dependency injection frameworkDagger2to create reusable, interchangeable modules in the application.
- Designed the SQLite database to store the user information to provide the offline functionality.
- Implemented the Push Notificationsystem for users receiving the alerts.
- Used Picasso library for loading the images and customizing them.
- Developed the app to adapt to different orientations (Landscape/Portrait) and various resolutions based on the device.
- Implemented Localization to provide region wide support for users.
- Implemented custom Web views to check out to thewebsite in the app.
- Involved in the maintenance of the app and fixing the bugs in various modules.
- Used Git as project version controller.
Environment:: Android SDK, Android NDK, Android studio, JDK 1.8, MVC design pattern, Android API's, SQLite 3.6, RESTFUL Web services, Dagger2, Picasso library, JSON, XML, GPS service, JIRA, Logcat, Windows 7, Git (version control).
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Worked in drafting project planning application
- Designed and developed the User Interface(UI/UX)
- Involved in developing Complete Administrator Portal having Alert Management, Ad Management, User Management, News Management for the interface of mobile banking application
- Implemented the app in MVP architecture.
- Implement the JSON parser class to parse JSON feed from the URL
- Involved in working with creating a custom Splash Screen for the application
- Used Google Maps API for quicker navigation to find ATM or Branch location
- Worked in implementing Fragments for different ranges and in device hardware for display resolution and size
- Developed backend communication using REST API Web service for Overdraft Services, Loan Services, and Credit card services
- Worked with latest cutting libraries like Retrofit, OKHttp, GSON, Glide image loader, Material Design, and Swagger code and implemented Restful Web Services
- Worked with Notification service to notify users for updates, automatic log out for security and other offers
- Used Bit Bucket for team collaboration and communication
- Contributed in code debugging using Logcat and DDMS
- Enabled run time permissions for Marshmallow and beyond
- Used Android Junit extension to make test cases
- Worked with local data storage using SQLite
Environment: Android 2.0,3.0,4.0 versions, Java, Android Studio, REST API, Shared Preferences, Android SDK, Fragments, Multi-threading,, SQLite, ADT, XML, Windows 8, Gradle, Retrofit, GSON, JSON, Google Maps API
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr. Development Analyst
Environment: Android Service Layer, JNI, and Libnfc-nxp stack.
- Porting NFC fixes and features from Confidential and NXP on latest Android releases, tested and resolved any issues found while merging, learned about NFC internals, gained better insights into Git, Gerrit and Android build system.
- Ported The Entire Code for Pseudo Random Bit Sequence Test Implementation which involves the Test Apk in Java code, Framework Api s and NfService code in Java from NXP, task is to implement the application only for factory builds, learned about build system properties, system architecture flow of how the App, Framework, Service, JNI and Native code operate on an Android system.
- Integrated the code for NFC wallet solution from G&D on Android, tested the ISIS test cases and provided logging for fixing issues by G&D which is in Java and fixed any issues found while testing.
- Reporting and fixing issues while executing test cycles for ISIS certification, Regression and Key Performance Index (KPI) Testing.
- Worked with NFC team in developing an NFC tag reader writer app using Java (Android NFC API s).
- Implemented an application which could write URL, Contacts, Phone numbers, SMS, Email, Bluetooth device name/address.
- Worked with NFC team in developing an Alert Dialog box to show the terms and conditions of using NFC using Java (Android API s).
- Implemented Alert Dialog Box using Layouts, views, shared preferences, webview etc.
- Implemented new Android Activity that is launched when a user tries to turn on NFC from settings menu.
- The new Activity would allow user to Launch a new Android webview with all the terms and conditions of NFC linked from Confidential Servers.
- NFC Automation tool development using Android Python.:
- Worked on ISIS certification test suite automation using android Python.
- Implemented automation of NFC CTS certification test suite automation cases using android Python.
- Project involved interaction with a robotic wheel which would be used to move the phone on to different angles based on each test case requirement like tag writing, reading, beam and HCE mode operations.
- Extracting feature related to Rental general system and separate it to non-changes from changes.
- Involved in creating reusable components with Fragments for different resolution devices and different orientation of Landscape and Portrait.
- Employed AsyncTask to invoke web services and servlet calls in the background.
- Specializing specific design pattern to provide higher level of abstraction to developer implementation mode.
- Used Eclipse (adb) logcat, DDMS for Debugging.
- Develop Test Driven Development for Unit testing and UI testing using JUnit.
- Implemented Camera API to submit Checks photos.
- Used SQLite database to store user's Account statements locally and to implement offline functionality.
- Implemented NotificationManager to display updates on transactions in the notification bar.
- Designed System flow, class diagram, sequence diagram, feature extraction, define usable technology.
- Integrated Web services for consuming the REST services, getting JSON response and parsing them to get the required information.
- Worked on memory management with respect to database, data loading and debugging the application using Logcat, DDMS. Tested the application on various Android devices.
Environment: Java, Android SDK, NDK, DDMS, Eclipse IDE, Android API's, Material Design, Google MAP API, GPS service, RESTful services, SQLite, XML, Camera API, JSON, Jira, Git, Photoshop, Genymotion, JUnit.
Confidential, Issaquah, WA
Android Application Developer
- Participated in sprint planning meeting to decide the project component backlog and reported updates during thedaily SCRUM meetings.
- Collaborated with the database team to acquire database Schema, URLs and support.
- Parse the data that were coming as JSON format using Android’s built-in JSONObject library.
- Design local database and tables in the app to store the data locally using SQLite.
- Implemented the database using 3-level database design model.
- Implemented optimized ListView to show the menu data on the menu activity.
- Worked on and development and used OpenGL ES2 libraries.
- Designed and implemented UI interface to interact with the users to take the order information.
- Implemented caching to cache the order information for a session.
- Developed the components using OOP way to maximize scalability - building individual classes and interfaces. Responsible for consuming the REST services, getting JSON response and parsing them to get the required Information.
- Integrated APIs / SDKs that provide services for media, phone, navigation, and speech- recognition
- Worked on Google APIs such as Firebase, Google Play services, Email Integration API to examine the viability of the app over Google services exclusively.
- Created test cases to unit test the developed components.
- Tested on various devices.
Environment:: Java, Android SDK, ADT, Android Studio, XML, JSON, REST, SQLite, JDK.
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Designed and developed mobile health application for Android mobile devices with extensive user interface development.
- Implemented web views, list views &populated lists to display the lists using simple adapters.
- Implemented customized web view component to load an SWF file and HTML data.
- Implemented the required GUI by making modifications to the xml files.
- Responsible for consuming the REST services, getting JSON response and parsing them to get the required information.
- Developed Android content providers for implementing features like sending E-mails, SMS, etc., from the app and designed suitable GUI for these applications.
- Developed the app to adapt to different orientations (Landscape/Portrait) and various resolutions (ldpi/mdpi/hdpi) based on the device.
- Loading, analyzing and extracting data from to and from AWS.
- Responsible for UI creation where common UI components and the user events are being handled.
- Responsible for consuming the web services of a REST API using Volley and Retrofit , getting JSON response and parsing them to get the required information.
- Developed and Utilized AsyncTask, Thread, handler, services to provide smooth UI experience.
- Used Gradle for managing the application dependencies.
- Implemented the event reminder feature into the app using services, a sync tasks and alert notification API.
- Expertise in Custom components like Dialogs, Views, Adapters and listviews.
- Handling XML data using efficient parsing techniques such as DOM parser.
- Worked on debugging the application using Logcat, DDMS and testing included emulator and device testing with multiple versions and sizes.
- Experience in all the phases of SDLC from design, development through testing, reporting and support of application.
- Tested the application on various Android devices.
- Experience in using Sensors such as Proximity, gyroscope and Accelerometers etc
- Helped in maintaining the code quality, organization, and automation.
- Helped in planning and estimating stories in an Agile environment.
Environment:: Android SDK 4.x, SQLite 3.6, Eclipse IDE 3.8, Android API’s, JDK 1.6, XML, JSON, HTML, CSS, SQLite, GPS service