- Creative and result driven experience in designing and implementing enterprise applications including Hadoop based solutions with a high degree of pythibility, manageability, availability and security. Fair amount of exposure in financial domain having experience in building campaign management application in Big Data echo system.
- Big Data Solutions Architect: Instrumental in providing big data solution to marketing campaign of Confidential, helping to have less turnaround time and scalability.
- Introduced the concept of Firmographic repository, containing customer attributes related to marketing and thereby enabling marketing campaigners to start any campaign within short span of time.
- Strong exposure to Big Data eco system having experience of handling millions of records.
- Experience in design and development of multi - tiered SOA based architectures that require sub-second response time with a high degree of scalability, manageability, availability and security.
- Lead architecture for customer visibility application which enabled resource manager to reach out to mega customers based on customer communications and enabling to take proactive measures.
- Team lead in development of enterprise level application integrated to search engine (Fast ESP).
- Strong understanding of Design Patterns (e.g. Factory, Singleton, Adapter, Observer, Prototype, Session Façade, Service Locator, DAO, Business Delegate.
- Good experience of technical review & quality assurance practices.
- Fair experience in Search Engine in Financial domain.
- Good exposure to data modeling, relational databases (RDBMS), multithreading & Collection API (data structures).
- Developed XML parser in database.
- Created Web Service for external application interfacing.
- Designed Message Driven Bean (MDB) to deliver incoming messages (SMS from Mobile phone) to external application.
- Excellent Analytical, Problem Solving, Presentation and Communication skills.
Programming Languages: Java 1.6/ 1.7
Big Data Tools: Hadoop 2.7, Hive 1.2, HBase 1.1.1, Oozie 4.2, PIG 0.15, Mapreduce
J2EE Technologies: Spring, Spring Batch, EJB, JMS, MQ Series, REST API, WebServices, XML API, Struts
Web/Application Servers: WebSphere 6.x, BEA WebLogic 8.x, Tomcat 7.x, JBoss4.x, Apache 2.x.
Database: Oracle 8i/9i/10g, SQL, PL/SQL and TOAD
Web Content Dev tools: XML, XSLT, XPATH, XSD, DTD, HTML, Java Script, CSS
Version Control Tools: SVN, Clearcase, CVS
Testing Tolls: JUnit, Mockito
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Hudson, Jenkins
UML Tools: Rational Rose
Search Engine: Elasticsearch 1.2.1
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
- Solution architect for Confidential COMET initiatives with prime focus on marketing campaign.
- Developed a solution namely, "Marketing Journey" to enhance marketing campaign by providing up-to-date campaign indicators to ongoing marketing campaigns.
- These campaign indicators helps taking appropriate action e.g. sending email with relevant offers to customers.
- Generated indicators by performing ETL with high performing Hive queries which ran on a data set of 1 TB.
- Provided a solution called "Communication Visibility" to send emails to relationship managers on red alert communications sent to mega customers that they manage.
- This application helped relationship managers to take appropriate action in timely manner as well as to start informed conversation with high valued customer which resulted in very high level of customer satisfaction.
- Performance of this application, which exposed REST API to fetch data from backend, is improved by implementing backend in HBase.
- Security is implemented by integrating SSO & LDAP in the front end and ApiGee gateway with one way authentication with HMAC token, to fetch communication content.
- Developed USLC Scenario Planner (based on Loyalty Coalition data) which is leveraged for access to data needed for insights and targeting/sizing via a common front end sourcing from one/multiple location(s).
- Implemented with Java/ J2EE, Spring, Elastisearch, Kibana, this application displays reports in dashboards for each merchant containing transaction patters, points earned and redeemed, distance to closest merchant, member enrollment growth, cross usage, age and gender based graphs etc.
- Developed extraction mechanism for around 70 feeds from source system (Oracle) for US and Mexico market and created snapshot in base tables (mainly for Slowly Changing Dimension i.e. SCD tables).
Environment: JDK 1.7, Hive 1.2, Hadoop 2.7, HBase 1.1.1, Oozie 4.2, RES API (Rest Easy), LDAP, Mapreduce, Spring 3.2, Tomcat 7.0, Elastisearch 1.2, Kibana
Confidential, Lansing, MI
Senior Software Engineer
- Worked extensively in project Curian Systems which invest client’s money in public market such as shares / securities and also in mutual funds to get the best investment return.
- Create cycle job framework which allows easy configuration of various cycle jobs.
- Developed in Spring, cycle job framework allows various types of jobs e.g. batch job, report job, print job etc.
- Integrated various applications with AppConnector (an application responsible for maintaining user name/ passwords).
- Successfully involved in Test Driven Development (TDD) model using JUnit 1.4 and Mockito.
- Developed multi threaded application using Executor Service to generated client reports.
- Worked on separation of Front End so that customers can continue to access the application even when back end is down due to maintenance.
- Implemented role based authentication for reports.
- Worked on resolving defects raised during Unit, System & Integration testing phases. Used BugZilla for tracking and resolution of defects.
- Creating Wiki for every weekly release items which contains instructions to follow for release and business change description.
- Developed multi threaded application to read messages from JMS queue and write database after processing.
Environment: JDK 1.5, Sybase ASE 15.0, Weblogic 11, EJB 2.0, Spring 2.5, JAXB 2.0, AIX/Unix
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Worked on MSSB B-System, enterprise level high performance application intended for trade information management system maintained by Wealth Management Group of Morgan Stanley.
- Created XML schema for various messages to be published/ subscribed through JMS queue.
- Extensively used Hibernate in data access layer to access and update information in the database.
- Created thread pool with the help of Executor service & Callable to read and write data to and from a JMS queues.
- Involved in developing code for obtaining bean references in spring framework using Dependency Injection (DI) or Inversion of Control (IOC).
Environment: JDK 1.5, Oracle 11g, JBoss 4.0.4, MQ, JMS, Spring 2.5, JAXB 2.0, Hibernate 3.0
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Collateral Asset Tracking System
- Created enterprise service implemented through MBeans.
- Created thread pool with the help of Executor service & Callable to fetch large data from a different system.
- Implemented internal caching mechanism to improve performance.
- Dealing with issues like scalability & performance.
- Used iBatis to interact with database.
Environment: JDK 1.5, Oracle 11g, JBoss 4.0.4, Spring 2.0, iBatis
Confidential, New York, NY
- Involved in Designing, developing and deployment of EJB and GUI components using Struts.
- Involved in Pipeline configuration of Search Engine
- Developed Business Layer using Stateless Session Beans.
- Created XML Schema for messages received from queue.
- Designed Message Driven Bean (MDB) for consumption of incoming messages
- Designed front end in such a way that display of data is completely dynamic and governed by configuration file.
- Designed and implemented new feature like Bulk Search having provision to upload MS Excel file, implemented with Apache POI APIs.
- Activities include setting up a new indexer, configuring it, deploying and configuring applications, getting queues configured and messages pushed etc.
Environment: Fast ESP 5.0, JAXB 2.0, Struts, EJB, MDB, XML Schema, WebSphere 6.1
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
Subscriber Entitlement & Registration (SER)
- Prepared the Use cases, Class Diagram and Sequence Diagram.
- Involved in designing of the data model and web services
- Created reference model for web service client to enable new users to connect to the web services in a secured manner (for certificate based authentication)
- Took part in developing XML parser in database
Environment: J2EE, Struts, Web Service - Axis 1.4, XML Beans, iBatis, Oracle9i, PL/SQL, JBoss 4.0.4
- Involved in architecture design of new features, involved in the low-level design and development of SIP based prototype application which can later be used as a reference implementation.
- Designed & implemented user provisioning and charging Web Service which acts as an interface to be called from outside the container.
- Designed EDR process using Log4J appender to be able to choose any of the available appender at runtime
Environment: Spring 2.0, Hibernate 3.2, Hibernate Tools, Web Service, Axis 1.4, XML Beans, POJO, Log4J JDBC Appender, Oracle9i, PL/SQL, JBoss 4.0.4