- Over 7+ years of QA experience in Manual/Automation testing of Web and Windows/Mobile Apps and Client/Server applications with specialized in Software Quality Assurance Testing, QA Automation for various domains like Banking, Healthcare, and Retail.
- Experience in both Agile and Waterfall Software Development methodologies
- Experience in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Bug/Defect life Cycle and QA Life Cycle and in all dimensions of Functionality, Usability, Reliability, Regression, Smoke Testing, Black - box, White-box, Integration testing, Database testing
- Experience with Automation tools like Selenium, Protractor, Quick Test Professional/UFT (QTP), load and performance testing tool JMeter and Mobile Automation testing tool Appium
- Have built a test automation framework based on Page Object Model, TestNG and Selenium WebDriver
- Expertise in Test Automation using different Automation tools by using Selenium WebDriver/IDE/GRID, JUnit, TestNG, ANT/ Maven, Fire Path, Running scripts, Debugging scripts in different environments, Extracting Test results, Cross browser testing, and data validation
- Experience in testing native applications on iPhone, Android and iPod devices (Manual & Automation)
- Vast knowledge and experience in HealthCare industry, experienced in testing different healthcare ERP solutions such as QNXT
- Extensive experience in designing on Keyword, Data Driven and Hybrid framework
- Automated Test cases in TDD (Test Driven Development) and BDD (Behavior Driven Development)
- Worked in ETL environment involving Informatica/DataStage
- Developed Data warehouse ETL test cases for various lines of businesses based on the ETL mapping document
- Expertise in reviewing, analyzing Software Requirements Specification documents SRS, Business Requirement Documents BRD, creating and developing Test Plans, Test cases and Test Scripts and Test reports of manual and automated tests
- Operational knowledge of testing in AWS
- Experience in integrating Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver) on Continuous Integration tools Jenkins, Hudson, Team City
- Working experience with defect tracking tools like HP ALM, Rational ClearQuest, JIRA, Bugzilla, Test Director/Quality Center (QC), Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) and Team Foundation Server(TFS)
- Strong knowledge in web services testing via tool SoapUI/ REST web services
- Experience in database testing and working with SQL queries and database like Oracle, MySQL
- Excellent knowledge in writing unique XPath using Firebug and Fire Path to identify web elements
- Experience in Functional testing, User Acceptance Testing, Integration testing, System testing, Sanity testing, Exception testing, Compatibility testing & Security testing of client/server and Web-Based Applications
- Good knowledge of UNIX/Linux shell commands to tail the logs, adding users, starting services from the shell, setting aliases to frequently used commands, creating users and setting file system permissions
- Excellent experience with source version control tools such as Subversion (SVN), CVS & GIT and generated Test logs using Log4j for various log levels
- Experience with Visual Source Safe and Microsoft Office tools (MS-Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access)
- Experienced in Test coordination between the Onsite and Offshore team
- Experience working with Project Managers, developers, business analysts, and end users in defect resolution
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a proven team player with an analytical bent for problem-solving and delivering under high-stress environment
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/IDE/GRID/RC, QTP, LOAD RUNNER, JUnit, TestNG, SoapUI, Protractor, JMeter, Cucumber, Log4j, FitNesse, Coded UI
Mobile Testing tool: Appium, Perfecto, Calabash
Frameworks: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid and Robot Framework, Jasmine Framework
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, CSS, XML, XSD, XSL, XSLT, XPATH, AJAX, JSP
SOA Technologies: SOAP, REST, WSDL, UDDI
Bug Tracking Tools: HP Quality Center, JIRA
Build/ CI Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Team City
Databases: Technologies MS SQL Server 2005/2000, Oracle 10g/9i, MYSQL
Browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, Opera
Operating Systems: Windows XP, 7, 8, 10/vista & server 2003, UNIX, Linux and Mac
Utilities: Eclipse, GIT, SVN, CVS, Firebug, FirePath
MS Office Tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access, Visual Studio
Sr. Automation Test Engineer
Confidential - Ann Arbor, MI
- Involved in implementation of Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, protractor to handle Angular JS, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Worked as Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is responsible for developing and executing comprehensive suites of automation test plans and test cases.
- Implemented simulator for Mobile App Testing in Android Platform using Appium
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
- Developed and maintained Automated regression test cases in Selenium WebDriver using Java programming language and Junit Framework.
- Developed Test Frameworks in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test Automation (Java /TestNG).
- Performed White box testing using TestNG for class, method, & WebServices testing.
- Performed Mobile Testing in iOS devices and android devices.
- Involved in preparing a report of all automation difficulties and test results for further application using Maven.
- Performed Manual Testing and Automated Testing for Client/Server application and Web - based application that used WebSphere, Message Queuing, Active Directory, UNIX,
- Windows, and XML message based system in an Agile software development environment.
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Used SOAPUI for WSDL Validation. Used different Assertions for validating responses
- Reported software defects in Quality Centre and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Using command line utilities for a variety of ETL and system administration tasks.
- Involved in designing and building automation frameworks in support of continuous integration in a test driven development (TDD).
- Performed Smoke Testing to make sure all the Test Channels and Test Environment is working as desired.
- Developed Groovy scripts to test report application output.
- Responsible for developing scripts using Groovy 1.7.
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletion of the records.
- Conduct UAT testing for different teams and different projects.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Python, Jenkins, Cucumber, SOAP UI, Maven, Appium (Android), TestNG, Quality Centre, Fire path, Firebug, Eclipse, XPATH, Java, HTML, CSS, TDD, Android, SQL, Oracle and Windows, JMeter.
QA Automation Analyst (Selenium)
Confidential - Charlotte, NC
- Involved in creating project plan, test plans, estimations, and tracking projects.
- Scrum TEAM with AGILE process.
- Work in an agile environment, with an ability to adapt quickly and test the newly proposed changes Confidential any point of time during the release.
- Participated in project meetings, Daily Standup meetings, QA status meetings and release meetings.
- Involved in working with Business Analysts, Programmers and Business users through the project life cycle.
- Worked on work flow diagrams, entity relationship diagrams, and data flow diagrams
- Maintain a Behavior - Data-Driven (BDD) framework using Java, Cucumber, Gherkin, Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, and Maven.
- Prioritized tests with Tags
- Used Scenario Outline and Examples for Test Data Driven Testing
- Involved in providing efficient locator strategy like XPATH and CSS to run WebDriver Tests in stable Non-Flaky condition.
- Used Soft and Hard Assertions to assert expected data vs. actual data
- Used Properties Files for framework Configurations and Locator Repository.
- Performed GUI, Smoke, Functional, Regression, System, and User Acceptance testing.
- Collaborated with developers with test enhancements
- Trained and supported testing team in executing automated scripts and creating Gherkin format Scenario's
- Involved in Test Case Preparation and Test Case Execution using both Manual and Automation techniques.
- Analyzed application on what to automate and what not to automate
- Created Test Cases and scenarios for Regression, Smoke, Integration as well as Back end and System testing.
- Worked closely with Business Analyst in gathering and reviewing the business requirements for each Sprint/Release.
- Worked closely with developer
- Performed Cross browser testing with Sauce labs and Selenium Grid
- Performed Headless browser Testing for speed enhancements for test execution time
- Performed and planned regression testing, integration testing, system compatibility testing, and end to end testing.
- Used JIRA for defect tracking
- Used Jenkins as continuous Integration tool and maven for build and scheduling jobs
- Continuous integration/jobs with Git, Jenkins and Maven
- Performed Backend testing to verify UI data with Backend Data
- Performed Regression Testing for the new builds using Selenium WebDriver.
- Executed web service testing with RESTful API -GET, HEAD, POST, PUT, DELETE
- Completed assigned tasks and deliverables on schedule and reports.
QA Automation Engineer
Confidential - Austin, TX
- Involved in designing of Automation Test cases using Selenium Web Driver, Java, Junit, XUnit.
- Providing end to end testing services for the E - commerce web application.
- Drafted Test Plan which included testing objectives, testing phases, scenarios and test environment after a thorough analysis of the business rules and discussed ambiguities with business analysts.
- Worked in a Scrum Agile process for delivering the outputs on time.
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework, Page Object Model using Selenium Web Driver, Test NG, and java.
- Implemented Page Objects model (POM), Apache POI in Web Driver Scripts, Data Driven Framework using Selenium Web Driver, and Java.
- Managed Manual test passes/runs with Quality Center.
- Involved in implementation of Test Automation Framework build using Selenium Web Driver, Protractor to handle Angular JS applications.
- Configured Selenium Web Driver, Test NG, Ant tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using Junit prior to agile release.
- Involved in developing the automation script for Mobile Native applications (IOS, Android) using Appium, Python.
- Performed Manual Testing & Mobile Automation Testing using Appium.
- Implemented simulator for Mobile App Testing by using Appium.
- Developed testing script for mobile IOS and android (Xcode and Android Studio).
- Used emulators and IOS simulators to perform the Manual Mobile Testing.
- Good Experience in Agile methodology with SCRUM Process for the product development.
- Involved in writing automated scripts for angular JS application using protractor and Python scripts.
- Involved in writing SQL Queries for backend/ETL testing.
- Used BDD framework with Cucumber, ruby and created future files with scenario and scenario outline files.
- Worked with Source version control tool such as Subversion (SVN).
- Used SVN Sub eclipse repository for efficient remote team working, also stored the framework and all the developed test cases.
- Strong experience with SOA which include Soap and Restful Web Services Testing.
- Involved in testing both SOAP and REST services using Rest Assured and tested both XML and JSON formats.
- Hands on experience in Mocking libraries -Lisa Mocking and Cucumber libraries for rest api testing.
- Tested web services using CA Lisa automated scripts using SDLC best practices.
- Working experience with build continuous integration and deployment systems such as Jenkins and Ant.
- Used Java language and Junit framework for scripting.
- Prepared manual & function test cases on web and mobile applications (Apple & Android) as per requirements.
- Involved in Writing Python Scripts to develop automated scripts and frame works.
- Used Selenium Grid to run test cases in multiple browsers and Platforms.
- Designed UI automation test framework using Coded UI Scripts.
- Create automated regression test suites using selenium and C#.
- Helped develop advanced E-Commerce website in Agile Environment.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and Test NG framework.
- Developed functional, UI, regression test scripts using Coded UI using C#.
- Logged and managed defects using Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) defect management tool.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
- Coordinated with UAT team by providing them with test cases and test data.
- Experienced in load and performance testing tool J Meter.
- Used web-debugging tools like X Path, Firebug and Fire path to locate elements.
Environment: Java, Appium, Python, Selenium IDE, Firebug, SQL, C#, iOS, Mobile Testing, Jira, Oracle10g, Jenkins, Microsoft Test Manager, JMeter, Cucumber.
QA Manual/Automation Tester
Confidential - Overland Park, KS
- Understand the application business logic with Business Requirements Specification documents and functionality of application with Functional Requirements Specification Documents.
- Raising Queries/Ambiguities for the requirements in QC.
- Creating test cases based on the all the requirement documents.
- Planning for Test Execution activities to accomplish tasks on daily/weekly basis.
- Tested the complete Java based web application.
- Configured Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using JUnit prior to agile release.
- Involved in automating test cases using Selenium Web Driver with TestNG.
- Restful Web Service testing using Http Client Java library.
- Responsible for Test Execution with Functional testing, Regression and End to End.
- Execute test cases and logged defects in QC. Regression testing once bug is fixed.
- Entering the entire defect in HP Quality Center, update the status with onsite and developer's coordination.
- Developed and executed SQL queries to verify the proper insertion, deletion and updates into the Oracle supporting tables and cubes.
- Reviewed database test cases according to assigned Requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from oracle database.
- Established Traceability between the Requirements and the Test cases in Quality Center/ALM.
- Automated regression test cases using Java and Web driver.
- Responsible in executing Selenium test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility.
- Performed Regression testing on new builds, every modification in the application using Selenium Web driver.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and X Path in Selenium.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
- Interacting with all the interfacing groups (ETL team/Dev Team/Automation Team/Performance Testing Team etc.) and also with team lead/onsite coordinators for getting clarifications and updating the status.
- Performed back - end testing using SQL queries to validate the data in the back-end SQL Server.
- Prepare daily Execution status reports, defect analysis, test summary report and Sign off documents.
- Interaction with onsite and Leads for testing issues and test progress reporting.
- Attending defect call and follow up defect for quick resolution.
Tools: & Technologies: Manual Testing, Java, Web Driver, TestNG, Windows 2000, Mercury Quality Center/ALM, SQL, TOAD, UNIX.
QA Automation/ Web Services Tester
Confidential - Salt Lake City, UT
- Framework Development for Automation using Selenium WebDriver for smoke and regression test suites using TestNG, Maven and Jenkins
- Prepared Test cases for positive and negative test scenarios as referred in the user stories keeping in mind the Boundary Value Limitations and Equivalence classes
- Developed Hybrid framework (Keyword and Data Driven frameworks) to perform test activities and retrieve test data from Excel files and SQL Databases
- Performed Cross Browser testing using Selenium, TestNG
- Developed Project using waterfall methodology
- Wrote SQL Queries for backend/ETL testing
- Developed test scripts using groovy for data driven testing of SOAP and REST Web service using SoapUI
- Perform Web Service Testing using JSON and XML, RESTful API automation with GET/POST/PUT/DELETE
- Analyzed project documentation, analyzed and estimated requirements, planned, prepared and updated detailed Test cases using Quality Center
- Performed manual testing on the whole application before going for the automated testing
- Prepared Manual Test Cases and executed the Test Cases
- Performed checking the user profiles and their login scripts and checked the basic functionality by manual testing
- Generated Weekly Reports, Defect Reports and Customized Summary Reports
- Performed User Acceptance Testing(UAT) in the final phase of software development process to check the functionality of the software
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, SoapUI, Quality Center 10, SQL Server, TOAD, UNIX, HTML, RESTful, Manual Testing, XML, JSON