- Over 9+ years of IT Experience in the analysis, design, development and Administration of software applications using object - oriented and distributed computing concepts.
- Over 8+ years experience as a Middleware Administrator with ever increasing levels of responsibility and expertise in a wide range of IT disciplines specializing in IBM WebSphere Application Server, IBM WebSphere Portal server, WebSphere MQ and IBM IHS in all facets of Administration, Maintenance, Integration including Installation and Configuration.
- Over 2+ years experience as a Tomcat/TomEE Administrator specializing in Installing, Configuring, Application Deployment & Troubleshooting.
- Experience in middleware components IBM WebSphere Application Server8.X/ 7.0/6.1/6.0/5.1, WebSphere Portal Server 8.x, 7.x, 5.X, 6.x, Apache Tomcat, TomEE 7.X and Web Servers (IHS 8.0/7.0/ 6.0/6.1, Microsoft IIS 7.5, 7.0,6.0) on Linux,AIX,SunSolaris, Windows platforms.
- Expertise in J2EE Application Deployment, Installation, Configuration, Maintenance, Performance tuning, Troubleshooting, Migration, Upgrades, Security, Testing, Workload Management, backup and Disaster Recovery of WebSphere Application server and WebSphere Portal on multiplatform environments (Linux, Windows, and IBM, AIX and Sun Solaris environments).
- Expert in WebSphere cluster Management including horizontal and vertical scaling and creation of nodes to avoid single point of failure and distribute user load for maximum availability.
- Expertise in creating and configuring WebSphere ODRs.
- Involved in the architecture and design implementation of Middleware products.
- Installed and configured IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.x/7.x/6.x/5.x on AIX /Solaris /Linux and Windows Environments.
- 5+ years of experience in Installation, Deployment and Administration of IBM Portal Server 7.0/6.0/5.1 on WebSphere Application Server 7.0/5.1.x/22.214.171.124.
- Configured scalable applications through Server Groups, Profiling (Cloning) and Clusters.
- Configured Cluster server groups for improved availability and fail over redundancy.
- Good Experience in UNIX Shell, JACL, Jython and Ant Scripting.
- Experience in applying fix packs/ refresh packs for WebSphere Product Family.
- Experience in working with large topologies, maintaining WebSphere farm and IHS farm.
- Expertise in Object Oriented Programming using Java and J2EE technologies: EJBs, Servlets, JSP, Java Beans, JMS and JNDI.
- Experience in requirement analysis, scope, design analysis, debugging, testing and documentation of the various phases in a software development life cycle.
- Expertise in working in all the major roles of software development life cycle like Development, Administration, Configuration Management, Deploy Technician, Testing support, Production support.
- Ability to communicate requirements effectively to team members and manage application development.
- Ability to rapidly learn new concepts together with excellent interpersonal skills.
Middleware: IBM Websphere Application Server 8.x/,7.0/6.1/6.0, Websphere Portal Server 8.x,7.x,5.X,6.x, IBM MQ Series 8.x/7.x,JBOSS AS 7.0, TomEE 7.X,CA Siteminder 10.x,11.x
Operating Systems: IBM AIX 6.x, 5.x/4.x, Sun Solaris 8.0/7.x, Linux 8.0/7.x, HP-UX 11.x,Windows 95/98/NT/2K/2003 and 2008 R2
Java/J2EE Tech: XML, XSL, Applets, AWT, J2EE 1.2/1.3, JDBC, Servlets, JSP, RMI, EJB, JNDI, JMS, SOAP
Database: Oracle 11g,10g,9i/8i/7.x, DB2 UDB 7.x/6.x, SQL Server 2008, 2010, 2012
Web Servers: IBM H Apache1.3.x, IIS 6.0, Tomcat 5.x/6.x./7.x, IBM HTTP Server.
Scripting: Shell Script, Jacl, Perl, Jython and WSADMIN
Languages: C, C++, SQL, Java
Protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, R RMI/IIOP and SOAP
Tools: Tivoli Performance Viewer, Introscope APM, dynaTrace APM, Jenkins, GitHub, Splunk, App dynamics
Cloud Providers: AWS, AZURE
Confidential, Irvine, CA
Sr. Middleware/ Production/ Monitoring Engineer
- Installed, configured, administered and supported WebSphere 8.5, Weblogic 12c application servers.
- Worked with multiple DevOps methodologies and tools Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery tools (Jenkins) Infrastructure.
- Installed and Managed Jenkins for CI and Sharing Artifacts respectively within the company.
- Proactive Monitoring (24 X 7) of both Author & Publish Environments as well as activation/replication queues.
- Installed Fix packs, Cumulative Fixes and Refresh Packs on the Base and ND Versions.
- Configured CA Wily Introscope 9.x/10 for WAS, WebLogic, WCMS, JBOSS application servers
- Maintenance of the WebSphere Application Servers on disturbed platforms and setting up the development and testing and staging environment for the ongoing application development.
- Installed the Sun Access Manager Policy agents on the WebLogic servers, Involved in WCMS content management deployment and configuration.
- Creation, Building, Installing/Deploying new packages on AEM environments and automated deployment through release management tools.
- Installed the Sun Access Manager Policy agents on the Web logic servers.
- Installed and Configured J2EE Policy agents for WebLogic servers, deployed various WAR, JAR, EAR applications in clustered environment
- Configured and administered JDBC Connection Pools for JDBC Connections, on WebLogic 8.1 & 10.3.
- Involved in upgrading WebLogic Server 8.1 SP3 to Web logic Server 8.1 SP6 and WebLogic 10.3.5 and 12c.
- Involved in up-gradation of WebSphere from 7.0 to WebSphere 8.5 version.
- Deployed applications on multiple WebLogic Servers in a clustered environment and maintained Load balancing, high availability and Fail over functionality.
- Developed scripts for automatic startup and shutdown of Admin Server and Managed Servers.
- Developed automation to install, config of various middleware products.
- Configured Wily Introscope on the WebLogic servers during the startup of the servers to enable the Wily monitoring on the App servers.
- Installed Integrity Site minder Web agents 12.1 on the Sun one Webserver, IHS and apache.
- Responsible for Installation and Configuration of Oracle WebLogic servers, SUN Java Access Manager servers, Opens SSO AM policy agents, Sun one Web Servers.
- Involved in configuring the WebSphere load balancing utilizing WebSphere Workload Management (WLM) including horizontal scaling and vertical scaling.
- Package, build, integrate and deploy enterprise J2EE applications on WebSphere 6.1/7 that involves EAR, JAR, WAR files using AAT.
- Various system performance optimization, stability and scalability efforts in Adobe Platform including AEM Clustering, JVM Tuning, Application performance tuning, Network and Storage optimizations etc.
- Hands on experience in defining synchronized and persistent IBM MQ Series Queue/Topic Connection Factories, Queue/Topic Destinations to the Application Server.
- Managing cron jobs, batch processing and job scheduling.
- Debugged WebSphere Application Server connection pooling and connection manager with Oracle.
- Involved in load balancing of WebSphere and have to change the performance monitoring values at runtime.
- Creating the Problem Management Record (PMR) with the IBM if they are any unsolved bugs.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems, and interact with IT staff or vendors in performing complex testing, support and troubleshooting functions
Environment: IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.0, 7.x, ND, Oracle SOA 11g, DB2, IBM HTTP Server 1.3.19/1.3.26, IBM RAD, Linux 6.7, 7.3, IBM MQ v9.0, Tomcat v8.0, Weblogic 8.1, Siteminder Webagent v12.X, Windows 2012,2014 Server, CA APM (Wily) 10.X. AWS, Oracle, MS-SQL 2012/2014, DB2 11.X.
Confidential, Naperville, IL
WebSphere Support Engineer
- Installed and configured, WebSphere Application Server 8.5.5/8.0/7.0/6.0 and WebSphere Portal 8.0/7.0/6.0 on Windows Platforms, and used Update Installer/Installation Manager to update with fixpacks.
- Applied fix packs, refresh packs and patches for different versions of WAS and Web servers in all the environments.
- Installed Portal Clusters using horizontal & vertical clustering and deployed Portal Applications, Created Virtual Portals using separate Realms creation.
- Worked with Config Engine tasks, transferred data from Local database to external backend databases like Oracle & DB2.
- Deployed Themes & Skins, Portlets & Portlet Applications, created portal pages and assigned Portlets to the portal pages.
- Involved in installation of WebSphere Application Server 8.0/7.1/6.1/6.0 and its various components of like Webservers, Deployment Manager using scripted and manual installation in Windows/UNIX platforms.
- Installed and configured IBM Websphere Portal Server 8.0/7.0/6.0/5.1 and integrated with IBM HTTP Server on AIX, HP-Unix and windows environments.
- Migrated existing applications in WebSphere Application Server 6.1.x to 7.0.x, 5.1.x to 6.0.x and websphere Portal 5.1 to 6.0 environments.
- Performed WebLogic Server 10g and 11g server administration tasks such as Installation, Configuration, Monitoring and Performance Tuning in Development, Test, QA and Production environments.
- Configured SSO across the enterprise using Tivoli Access Manager for all the enterprise applications.
- Modified the XML access scripts to make necessary changes for the application configuration.
- Was Involved in Performance Tuning for Application Server, Data source Tuning for Oracle, Portal Server Properties, And Portal Caches.
- Deployed Portlets using XML access scripts and also manual on Admin Console.
- Created Page Set up and Assigning different rights to the page.
- Good knowledge of Portal personalization and customization.
- Maintained a large number of application servers which consisted of WebSphere Application Server farm and a Farm of Webservers and Weblogic Application Server.
- Deploy j2ee applications to Websphere Application Servers and maintained applications.
- Scripted the automatic deployment of websphere and portal applications using Jython, Jacl, ant and shell.
- Configured resources for JDBC, J2C, and JMS based on the application requirements and configured Message Listener Ports for an application, which uses MDBs to trigger the queues.
- Provided support for the entire cycle of application testing including building applications, deploying, and trouble shooting.
- Tuned process definition and JDBC connection pooling, and supported the testers in the testing and preproduction environments. Involved in migration of Database from Cloudscape to Oracle for the Websphere portal.
- Involved in Installation of Enterprise Application using manual and through Jacl/Jython scripts.
- Worked closely with developers to define and configure application Servers, Virtual Hosts, Web Applications, Web resources, Servlets, JDBC drivers and Servlet Engines-as well as deployment of EJBs across multiple instances of WebSphere.
- Achieved Work Load Management by creating Clusters and Cluster Members in WAS 7.0.x/6.1.x.x/6.0/5.1.x.
- Handled deployment of Java Servlets, Session beans and Entity Beans for each module to respective instances of application servers and web applications.
- Generated Java cores and heap dumps and analyzed with the IBM tools and tuned the applications accordingly. Involved in GC analysis to improve performance.
- Created Core Group Coordinators for HA Manager Availability.
- Used ISA to debug WebSphere Applications and tuned the environment accordingly like changing the JVM Heap, Connection Pool sizes.
- Involved in installation of Rational Performance tester and configured it to get the breakdown of metrics for the application and created the scripts for the load testing of the application.
- Troubleshooting Admin Server start-up issues, Java code defects after deployment, classpath issues.
- Performed routine management of WebSphere Environment like monitoring Disk Space, CPU Utilization, memory Utilization.
- Set up SSL between Web Server plug-in and Gateway using Self-signed Client-side Certificate.
- Configured Websphere for messaging by defining Queue Destinations & Queue Connection Factories.
- Documented all the process for the installation, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Provided 24/7 support for assigned applications.
Environment: IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.0, 7.x, 6.1.x.x, 6.0.x.x, 5.1.x.x ND, WebSphere Portal 6.0/5.1, IBM Websphere ILOG JRules 7.1, Oracle SOA 11g, Oracle BPM, Oracle WebCenter, Oracle9.x/10g/11g, DB2, IBM HTTP Server 1.3.19/1.3.26, AIX5.3/6.0, HP-UX and Windows 2000 Server, Tivoli Access Manager 6.0, Tivoli Directory Server5.1, Active Directory, Rational Performance Tester, Rational Application Developer and CVS.
Confidential - Warren, NJ
WebSphere Admin/ Support Engineer
- Installed, configured and administered IBM's Web Content Management (WCM) component in WebSphere portal 6.1/7.0 on UNIX, Windows 2003 environments.
- Installed Portal Clusters using horizontal & vertical clustering and deployed Portal Applications, Created Virtual Portals using separate Realms creation.
- Performed Tuning by implementing Workload Management (WLM) and setting up various parameters in Web server.
- Deployed WPS port lets pages and portal applications.
- Administered WebSphere Portal applications, which includes configuration, clustering, administration, performance tuning, deploying port lets/ pages, for portal applications.
- Involved in server log and domain log monitoring and application deployment of WebSphere Application server.
- Installation and configuration of WebSphere Application Server V 5.x/6.x, BASE, ND on SUN Solaris platform. Fixing of configuration and installation problems.
- Installed, Configured, tuned Websphere Portal Server 6.0
- Installed fix packs to overcome WAS problems and installed SunOne WebServer Server.
- Hands on with setting up Environment for Application packaging and deploying Enterprise Application Archive (EAR), Web Application Archive (WAR), JSP’s, and Servlets in staging, production.
- Writing ANT scripts in XML to automate the builds process and good knowledge of WSADMIN scripts.
- Configuring of JDBC Providers, Data Source, Virtual Hosting, Global Security, SSL, LDAP.
- Problem Determination through the log files and rectified the problems or interacting with IBM support to solve problems.
- Design and test the build-in message-based Session Replication instead of the database based HTTP Session Persistence as HTTP Session Persistence Mechanism.
- Application support in testing with different testing tools (Load Runner, Rational Quantify), identifying issues and tracking bugs and solving the problems.
- Configuring WebSphere Application Server on multiple platforms for both horizontal and vertical scaling for Work Load Management.
- Collection of JVM statistics, garbage collection data for monitoring the heap and physical memory.
- Enabling Java Virtual Machine profiler Interface (JVMPI) for more comprehensive performance analysis.
- Update to new WebSphere security Model, includes role-based security model and Java2 security and JAAS.
- Implement Security using Administrative Security Subsystems (MONITOR, OPERATOR, CONFIGURATOR, and ADMINISTRATOR).
- Set up SSL between Web Server plug-in and Web Container using Self-signed Client-side Certificate.
- Assembled and deployed the application in staging, in productions, following change management practices and 24/7 support, worked in shifts.
- Analyzing Activity log files and diagnosing Application Server problems using Log Analyzer (wslogbr).
- Monitor and analyze and data with Resource Analyzer and Tivoli Performance Viewer (tperfviewer).
- Hands on with WebSphere Advanced Server on multiple platforms for both horizontal and vertical scaling.
- Workload management of EJBs and Servlets using Enterprise Java Services workload management.
- Good Knowledge of Edge Components Failover (Active/Standby), HTTP Server Failover (Active/Active), Web Container Failover, EJB Container failover, Session Affinity, Session Persistence.
Environment:: Websphere Application Server 5.x/6.x, Sun Solaris 8, Linux, Sun one Webserver 6.0, Oracle 10g, Windows 2000, J2EE1.3/1.2, Java2.0, JSP1.2, EJB2.0, JDBC2.0 and XML.
Confidential - SanFrancisco, CA
Middleware WebSpher Administrator
- Installation and Configured WebSphere Application server version 6.1/6.0 ND.
- Administered, configured, tuned, and troubleshoot Websphere in a clustered environment on UNIX.
- Installation, configuration and administration of JBOSS Servers 4.3x/5.x/6.x.
- Installation and configuration of IBM Websphere Portal 5.1
- Involved in the migration of Websphere application servers from 4.x, 5.x to 6.1.
- Worked with security team on Tivoli Identity manager by creating security policies and deployed EAR on clustered environment.
- Mapped groups/roles in application server to have application level security and added simultaneously them in the LDAP.
- Enabled security and set Single Sign on.
- Involved in writing the jacl scripts for the automated deployment of applications on to the JVM’s.
- Deployed the Enterprise Applications in test and production environments
- Configured Virtual hosts and associated them with web modules
- Ran stress test to check the JVM and connection pools by Tivoli Performance Viewer.
- Tuned the JVM and Connection pool parameters on performance basis
- Created and managed the connection pools for Data sources of applications involving DB2, Oracle
- Troubleshoot the issues such as dead locks in connection pools
- Analyzed java cores and heap dumps.
- Applied Fix packs, efixes and upgraded WebSphere.
Environment: IBM Websphere Application Server 4.0,5.1/6.0,6.1, WebSphere Portal Server 5.1, AIX 5.3, IBM HTTP SERVER v6.0, IBM Tivoli Identity Manager 4.6, Active Directory.
- Extensively used ASP, HTML and SQL to create and design entire web sales reporting applications and database driven Financial Reporting System.
- Maintained the company’s e-Commerce web site and designed new web applications utilizing extensive knowledge of Java and web services.
- Prepared detailed design documents and program specifications for new and modified modules.
- Created several procedures, functions, packages and database triggers to implement the functionality in PL/SQL and Database Administration.
- Interacted with the DBA in creation of Indexes for query improvement.
- Maintained and supported existing and changed applications and database instances in production environment.
- Provided technical support as well as production support to the user community.
Environment: Oracle7.x, SQL, j2ee, UNIX (Shell Programming).