Significant efforts include project leadership, senior systems analysis, design, programming and testing of user requirements in applications and systems software environments.
Operating Systems Experience: Linux, UNIX, Mac OS X, MS-Windows 7/XP/2000/NT, MS-Windows 7/XP/9x/3.1
Systems Software Experience: JBoss, WebSphere Appl Server, Spring MVC, GWT, Liferay, Hibernate, Struts 1.3/2, log4j, Tomcat, Orion, Allaire JRun, Erwin/ERX, PowerDesigner, InfoModeler, MySQL, Sybase/SQL Server, MS/SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, Oracle PL/SQL, MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Project, STRADIS, RUP, Rational Rose.
- Developed Confidential ( liquidity management system) regulated application financial forecasting Java web module that consisted of 5 tabs that linked the 5 web pages that contained financial cash flow forecast data and forecast charts.
- Wrote code to consume the JSON data as a part of JQUERY AJAX calls and update the DOM.
- Attended daily status meetings with team members to discuss status and resolve development questions.
- Reviewed AWS, read white papers, and its practices. Researched/practiced setting up a microservices system using Spring, Spring Boot and Spring Cloud.
- Studied and practiced using Python using online tutorials. Seminar “Embracing Open Data Science in your Organization (using Python, R and Spark ).”
- Reading book Black Hat Python and installed Kali Linux Persistent and Wing IDE to study and practicing Python scripts to learn about penetration testing using Python.
- Programmed and tested Java web application enhancements to add Patient Per Day customer order controls so customer web application users could not place an order if they had exceeded quantity or dollar budget limits. This required the use of Guava Java Collections and Hibernate Criteria to access the Oracle RDBMS.
- Programmed and tested eDocument PDF invoice delivery features to McKesson's supply manager application, accessing SOLR via web services to retrieve invoices PDFs and developed this code to run in a background process using CRON and Java Excutor/threading, which emailed zipped invoicing PDFs.
- Used WinCVS to save Java software changes and Ant to deploy software for testing.
- Used Confluence and JIRA to record Java web application enhancement status of being testing, ready for QA, and collaborated with QA to update Production deployment status.
- Met with application manager daily to review software changes, walked through code, and made code revisions as requested.
Technologies involved: JDK 1.6, Executor/Threading, Eclipse, Tomcat, WebWork/Struts2, FreeMarker, jQuery, SOAP, PDFs, Quartz/Cron, Guava, Hibernate 4.3.4, Ant, WinCVS, SQL Developer, Oracle 11, JIRA, Confluence, and Windows 7.
- Developed a Java Spring MVC 4.1.4 framework application using Java Spring Boot 1.2.1 using Spring Tool Suite(STS), Gradle, Git, Tomcat 1.8, Java 1.8, Spring Freemarker Template language to develop a Java RESTful API for HTTP GET and POST requests.
- Read AngularJS Fundamentals in 60-ish Minutes and AngularJS Web Application Development Cookbook and developed sample applications.
- Took online courses to study the Bootstrap3 framework, HTML5, R Programming language, and Big Data and Hadoop Essentials, Data Analytics using Hadoop eco system. Studied Java 8 Tutorial.
Java Software Engineer
- Reviewed an archived, incomplete Java MVC Spring application to make it productive.
- This application involved the use of SOAP web services to integrate two external web applications: the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative(CITI) system and the ADP ULearn system to the Office of Information Technology(OIT) Java application. The objective of this application was to automate a manual task handled by a staff member.
- Prepared a SDD using UML and ERDs to document the technical design and gain approval prior to programming it.
- After the design document walk-through, coded and tested the application and prepared the application for its deployment to production. This application was finished early with no defects.
Technologies involved: Java 6/7, Spring Tool Suite(STS) 3.6.2, Spring MVC 3.2.1, jQuery, Tomcat 6/7, Hibernate 3.6.10, SOAP, Gradle, Jenkins, Github, SQL Developer, Oracle 11g with Mac OS X/UNIX.
(Java) Application Engineer
- Re-engineering of a Mutual Fund Accounting Net Asset and Sales Reporting MS-Access application to Confidential 's go-forward technology.
- Conducted business analysis to prepare a business requirements specification(BRS), conducted technical design to prepare a system design document(SDD) with use cases, sequence diagrams, deployment diagrams, UI wireframes, and database model diagrams. Programming, unit testing, and system testing the new software.
Technologies involved: JDK 1.7, Spring Tool Suite(STS) 3.4.0, Spring MVC 3.1.1, jQuery 1.9.1, Hibernate 3.3.2, SVN, Anthill, SQL Server 2012, and Excel.
- Developed a Spring MVC 3.1 and upgraded it to Spring 3.2, Maven, JBoss 7.1.1, Hibernate web application using NetBeans 7.3.1.
- Researched, installed and test ran big data/distributed database technologies: DataStax Cassandra Enterprise Server, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Solr, Mahout, Tomcat, and Sqoop.
- Researched and downloaded, installed and ran sample Spring3.1 MVC Cassandra web application and Spring Hadoop MapReduce, Hive, and Pig Samples.
- Configured my workstation for a Windows7 operating system and later for the Confidential Linux operating system by installing Cygwin, NetBeans, Java 1.7, Mercurial/Jenkins Java source code libraries for several customer implementations, and SquirreL MySQL and PostgreSQL database connections.
- Using TDD agile cutting-edge, open-source Java development, developed GWT enhancements to improve the UI suggestBox to accept invoice statement Ids as well as customer names. Also completed an enhancement the PaymentEditor to apply payments made to invoices. Used JUnit, Selenium, ChromeDriver, FireFoxDriver, IEDriver, and HTML unit to research, develop, and unit and integration test the Java GWT code enhancements using NetBeans. Used Maven to compile, build and test the Java software enhancements. Used Mercurial and Jenkins to integrate the code changes to the Java libraries.
- Attended team meetings where: business analysts discussed software changes and database data model elements for healthcare billing software to support both doctors and insurance agencies, the tech lead described the software library modules/components and the Camel Service component design, and SCRUM daily status team hang-outs.
- Reviewed the current UI and recorded usability defects and other defects using the Pivotal Tracker.
- Studied “Camel In Action” to learn about Camel and Enterprise Integration Patterns. Studied Maven and Mercurial to learn about source code builds and agile continuous releases.
- Performed TDD agile Java development to program and test ServiceMix(OSGI framework - ActiveMQ, Camel, Karaf) RealtimeEnrollmentRouteFile and PayeeService/JSON components using Junit, Mockito, Guice, Spring, Maven, Jetty, and NetBeans.
- Implemented JDK 1.5 innovations such as: autoboxing, enumeration for singleton design pattern, enhanced For Loop, static import for constants, generics/parameterized types, String.format, annotations, reflection Class.getCanonicalName, BigDecimal wrapper, StringBuilder, and JAXB 2.0.
- Used JDK 1.6 JSR173 StAX new features to parse XML elements for the SalesLogix RESTful web services and JAXRPC for Velocity CRM web services. Used Struts 1.3 and Hibernate DAO to implement web pages to maintain middleware translation parameter tables.
- CRM Service Facades and DAO design patterns were used to implement the middleware load process.
- The software was developed using Windows7, Linux, NetBeans, JBoss 5.1.0.GA, MySQL, SQL Server 2008, Oracle 10g, Java SE 1.6, Spring, Hibernate 3.3, Struts 1.3, HTML/jQuery, and Quartz.
(Java) Tech Team Lead
- Presented the detail design document to team members and stakeholders to gain approval of the design before leading the team to implement the changes. Held weekly status meetings and helped resolve their technical problems.
- Reviewed unit testing results and the code against standards and requested modifications.
- As a consultant to Confidential, met with customer SMEs to prepare several high-level and detail design documents to design enhancements to the web application with no defects. Presented the design documents to team members to gain approval of the design before leading a team to develop the changes. Held weekly team status meetings and helped remove their roadblocks. After the software was verified by the developers, I reviewed the source code against code standards, requested changes, enforced further TDDJUnit unit testing.
- I prepared a production implementation plan and merged the code into the CVS HEAD.
- As a consultant to Confidential, researched EDI claims router enhancements, documented the high-level and detail design for the enhancement, and walked through the proposed design document to team members.
- Coded the C language changes, prepared unit test plans, and unit tested the enhancements in a AIX/UNIX server with a DB2 7.2 database.
- Researched and prototyped a Tomcat and apache AXIS2 1.5.5 framework next generation web services.
- Researched and developed a web prototype Tomcat 7.0.10, Spring3.1.0, Hibernate JPA 3.6.1, and MySQL5.5 RDBMS to study Java EE 5/6 changes and annotations.
- Researched iPhone/iOS development using my MacBook using Snow Leopard OS X with Xcode 4.2 and the Apple Developers Connection documentation. Worked through many tutorials. Also used Eclipse/Android to learn and research Android Java Development.
- Researched Service-Oriented Architecture: Concepts, Technology, and Design; J2EE Service-Oriented Architecture Blueprints best practices, SOA Design Patterns; Core Security Patterns: Best Practices and Strategies for J2EE, Web Services, and Identity Management; Implementing SOA Using Java EE; and Real World Java EE Patterns - Rethinking Best Practices.
- BrainBench Certified: Java 6, Web Services Application Engineering, Web Services Concepts, Java XML Technologies, SOAP, and WSDL.
- Took three Association of Computing Machinery online courses on Oracle 10g SQL, PL/SQL Fundamentals, and Developing PL/SQL Program Units.
Sr. Software Consultant
- As a consultant to Confidential, performed systems analysis, programming, and testing of PowerBuilder/PFC 10.5 enhancements with Sybase 12.5 and Oracle 8i RDBMS stored procedures to reconcile Confidential charges with shipped promo/rebate orders within the invoicing application.
- The PowerBuilder application ran as a Windows XP client with an HP-UNIX server.
- window for financial JfreeCharts, risk profile portlet(JSR 168), net return approval function with Hibernate interfacing, and various enhancements for migrated software.
- Provided technical design leadership to improve Java class reuse, recommend use of JSTL to simplify and upgrade Struts JSP taglibs, eliminate hard-coded constants, establish naming conventions, and improve documentation.
- At the request of management, advised team to use an agile methodology to achieve software engineering process improvements and to meet the migration goal to new website by the end of
- Encouraged the use of JIRA to manage requirements and implement change control, improve project planning, and improve project task estimates.