- 5 years of experience in the field of DevOps Engineer in application configurations, code compilation, packaging, building, automating, managing and releasing code from one environment to other environment and deploying to servers.
- Hands on experience with AWS services like EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, ELB, EBS, CloudWatch, and Auto scaling.
- Experience with creating custom users & groups on an IAM console.
- Experience in creating alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using CloudWatch.
- Hands on and good knowledge about CI/CID integration.
- Experienced in working on source controller tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), and CVS.
- Worked with container based deployments using Docker, with Docker images and have a good knowledge on Vagrant.
- Extensively experienced in using Build Automation tools like ANT, Maven, Gradle and working knowledge on other build tools like make file.
- Orchestration of Docker images and Containers using Kubernetes by creating whole master and node.
- Experience in Creation of Docker containers, images, tagging and pushing the images to the
- Extensively worked on Jenkins, Team City for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build.
- Familiar with writing shell scripts to push the code from Jenkins to Urbancode deploy and Artifactory.
- Experienced in Configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible and expertise in developing Recipes/Manifests and Ruby and Python scripts to automate the environment.
- Orchestration of application processes on different environments using Chef and Puppet in cloud (AWS) for deployment on multiple platforms.
- Having Knowledge on writing Playbooks in Ansible.
- Experienced in using Bug Tracking tools like JIRA and HP Quality center.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Cloud Watch and Nagios for Resource Monitoring /Network/Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Experienced in web/application servers like Apache, JBOSS and Tomcat.
- Experience in automating builds and deployment process using Ruby and Shell Scripting.
- Expertise in using J2EE Application Servers such as WebLogic, WebSphere.
- Good Knowledge on Streaming platforms like Apache Kafka.
- Expertise in writing Micro services modules.
- Strong experience in providing ETL solutions using Informatica Power Center.
- Experienced in Migrating the WebLogic/JBoss servers from Development to Stage and Stage to Production
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Authorized to work in the U.S. for any Employer.
- Willing to relocated anywhere in the U.S.
- Day - Day application support on production and technical documentation for critical production issues, on-call pager support 24/7 environment.
Operating Systems: Linux, Ubuntu, Fedora, Windows, Server/NT/XP/Vista.
Languages: C, JAVA/J2EE, PHP, HTML.
Scripting Languages: Shell, Python, Ruby.
DevOps tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Vagrant.
Bug Tracking Tools: Jira, BitBucket.
JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, Oracle Web: logic.
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, Gradle.
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo.
SCM Tools: GIT Hub, Subversion, TFS, Perforce.
Database Systems: SQL, Mongo DB.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Cloud Watch.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Migrated service from a managed hosting environment to AWS including overall plan, cost analysis, service design, network layout, data migration, automation, deployments and cutover, monitoring, documentation, and timeline.
- Launched and configured Amazon EC2 Cloud Servers using AMI's (Linux/Ubuntu) and configured the servers for specified applications.
- Launched DNS, Route53 and AWS Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) and assigned AWS SSL Certificates to Servers.
- Configured the Auto scaling and ELB groups in AWS to main high scalable and secure environment.
- Skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios, Data dog, Cloud watch and using ELK Stack Elastic Search Logstash.
- Managed SVN & Git artifactories for branching, merging, and tagging, resolved merging issues.
- Deployed Docker application by using Service Release Automation (SRA) in AWS Infrastructure.
- Worked with the development team to generate deployment profiles (jar, war, ear) using MAVEN Scripts and Jenkins.
- Maintained two Jenkins servers to deploy into production and non-production environments.
- Involved in Setting up the backup server for Jenkins and prepared disaster recovery plans for Jenkins.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins along with Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Installed, Configured and Managed Puppet Master and Puppet Agent. Wrote custom Puppet Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from Puppet Forge and worked with Upgradation or Migration of Puppet Community and Enterprise.
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build management, monitored and deployed using DevOps Technologies like Chef.
- Deployed and managed many servers utilizing both traditional and cloud oriented providers (AWS) with the Chef platform configuration system from first light.
- Wrote Chef Cookbook recipes to automate the deployment process and to integrating Chef Cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for a continuous delivery framework.
- Collection of Build metrics and its Test case metrics from Jenkins to show case as visualization in Kibana dashboard using ELK.
- Monitored systems with Nagios & CloudWatch.
- Implemented Backup/Disaster recovery system for entire CI system using JIRA.
- Design and Developed Micro services, mock creation using Mockito J-Unit Test Cases.
- Extracted reusable modules from a monolithic application into libraries for use in new micro services.
- Created and maintained the Shell/Python, YAML deployment scripts for WebSphere application servers.
- Lead efforts on testing strategy, automation in Dev, test, UAT and production environment.
- Actively involved in configuration and deployment of various sets of custom configuration pertaining to Linux/UNIX server security, OS hardening, and maintenance of Baseline standards.
Environment: AWS, IAM, EC2, S3, VPC, RDS, R53, Cloud Watch, GIT, Subversion, Docker, Jenkins, Maven, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Nagios, CloudWatch, Micro services, Ruby, YAML, Shell Scripting, Python Scripting, Apache Tomcat, UNIX.
- Design, develop and maintain the Continuous Integration pipelines for automatic build and release of artifacts to both cloud and on premise customers.
- Maintenance of source code in Git for various releases and markets based on the project requirements.
- Creation and maintenance of branches for parallel development as part of Git activities.
- Creation of POM.xml using Maven, to build and package for deployment activities on various environments.
- Automating the infrastructure as a code using chef. Developed and Maintained Recipes for Configuration Management using Chef.
- Developing chef cookbook for managing the applications configuration by integrating and verifying with Jenkins plugins and deploying the applications into the Linux environment.
- Having good experience on Docker in creating custom Docker Images using Docker files.
- Creating Docker Containers, Data Volumes and Port Expose.
- Provision Docker Containers for Developers and Tester to mimic Production box for developing and testing the new features, service and enhancements
- Creation of Jenkins configurations to generate project artifacts as part of packaging and deployment activities.
- Worked on installing plug-ins, creating jobs, integrating test cases.
- Verify Deployments logs to check for successful deployments.
- Worked with Maven directory structure, plug-in, and repositories to build a project.
- Building a complete web application using Maven. Building and activating profiles for different environment.
- Installed and configured Master/Slave Jenkins in a server and Client.
- Created Jenkins builds. Configured Apache Maven with Jenkins.
- Configured Maven and Jenkins to deploy the generated artifacts to Artifactory.
- Responsible for creating branches, merging and resolving merging conflicts.
- Writing shell scripts to automate manual and repetitive tasks. Responsible for modifying and tuning existing scripts.
- Generate report and send an email to managers about status of daily builds and weekly builds.
Environment: GIT, Jenkins, Maven, chef, Windows, Linux, Shell, Tomcat, SonarQube, Nagios.
Build and Release Engineer
- Management of Customer Requirements and documentation of the Project Plan as per the requirements.
- Experienced in working with CVS environment and configuring the version tool for the project development.
- Installation and customization of rational tools like Clear Case and Clear Quest, support and maintenance of these tools.
- Managed daily builds and releases to QA. Debugged build failures and worked with developers and QA personnel to resolve related issues.
- Created and enforced Configuration Management policies and procedures, project configuration management, adhere to the Company policy, was successful in implementing it.
- Customized TFS 2010 Work Item Templates and Workflow of the Work Items.
- Involved in the product release activities, including Change Control Management, Release Management, Defect tracking using Clear Quest tool and Version Management using CVS tool.
- Developed and build and deployment standards with input from development, IT/operations, and IT security.
- Installed Jira and Confluence on Tomcat server.
- Evaluated build automation tools (Open Make and Anthill Pro), recommended Anthill Pro.
- Configured and deployed Anthill Pro in Solaris 10 environment with multiple zones/containers, using Oracle database and multiple CVS servers and repositories. Configured services using SMF and XML.
- Completing software builds and elevations, creating directories and security groups, and recreating prior versions. Monitored software, hardware, and/or middleware updates and utilizing technologies like Hudson, Ant and MS Build.
- Initiating other CM users for developing the product, regular communication with the team members and documenting their duties.
- Diagnosing and solving Configuration Management issues related to defect tracking and version management, also involved in migration within Version tools like CVS and Clear Case.
- Researched and implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins with Maven/Hudson.
- Configured and maintained Hudson to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Deploying Java Enterprise applications to Apache Tomcat, Web Server, JBoss Application server.
- Script writing by using Shell (Korn& Bourne) and knowledge skills in ANT and Perl.
- Installation and configuration of CM related software in UNIX and Windows environments, using UNIX commands and Windows Navigation.
- Deployed the build artifacts into environments like QA, UAT & Production according to the build life cycle. Worked on Develops automated tools that produce repeatable, auditable software builds and deployments across all environments and a variety of platforms.
- Team activities other than work related, in the process of Initiation and encouragement were done.
Environment: Rational Clear Case, Rational Clear Quest, TFS, Hudson, Maven, Jira, UCM, SQL, J2EE, Shell, Perl, ANT, Anthill-Pro, UNIX, Windows NT/2000