- Over 6 years of experience in the field of designing, developing and maintaining the user interface of web applications.
- Strong knowledge of manipulating React and Redux.
- Deep understanding of React features such as one-way data binding, virtual DOM, lifecycle methods, and JSX to create interactive UIs.
- Experience in using and understanding the difference between React version 15 and version 16.
- Implemented React component routing using conditional state management methods to render appropriate pages.
- Expertise in Redux to manage the application state and accomplish the unidirectional data flow.
- Experienced in MEAN stack development with MongoDB, Express, Node.js, and Angular.
- Expertise in MVC framework to create Single Page Applications (SPA).
- Experienced in database technologies such as Firebase, MongoDB and MySQL.
- Thorough understanding of CSS principles with a clear ideology for managing maintainable, scalable and cross-browser code and worked on different browsers.
- Experience with the version control system such as Git.
- Familiar with package management tools NPM.
- Well versed with CSS Preprocessors like Sass and LESS.
- Experience in debugging and troubleshooting using different debugging tools, such as FireBug, Chrome Inspector and IE Tester and familiar with front-end unit test tool Jasmine.
- Strong knowledge of Agile Methodologies to manage the full life-cycle development of the project.
- Involved in working with various code editors: WebStorm, Visual Studio, Atom, and Sublime Text.
- Responsible for maintaining W3C web standards, fixing cross-browser compatibility and achieving Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques.
Frameworks & Libraries: React, Redux, jQuery, Lodash, Bootstrap, Express
Development Tools: Git, NPM, Webpack, Babel, Gulp, Grunt, ESLint, Jest, Enzyme
Web Technologies: JSON, AJAX, RESTful API, Node.js
Database: MongoDB, MySQL, Firebase
Senior Web/UI Developer
- Participated in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including requirements analysis, designing, implementation, testing, supporting QA teams and debugging production issues.
- Implemented responsive web design and mobile-friendly design using Bootstrap grid system and CSS media query.
- Leveraged React for building reusable and maintainable user interfaces with Components and Higher-Order Components.
- Used React Router for navigation to implement Single Page Application (SPA).
- Utilized Redux to manage the application state and accomplish the unidirectional data flow.
- Built actions, reducers, and container components where realize the business logic, API calls, authentication, and form validation.
- Added Redux Form to improve form functionality and validation, which makes the code more maintainable.
- Handled asynchronous actions by using Redux Thunk middleware.
- Performed unit test with Jest and Enzyme to assert, manipulate and traverse React components.
- Fixed cross-browser compatibility issues and ran on different browsers including, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, and Google Chrome.
- Developed a robust RESTful API service using Node.js with Express connecting to MongoDB.
- Implemented project version control by Git and used Bitbucket for issue tracking.
- Worked with Agile software development, attending monthly Sprints, and daily Scrums to discuss the development of the application and used JIRA for task assignment.
- Worked closely with graphic design and user experience teams to ensure industry standards and best practices are being used.
- Optimized the web application with Bootstrap and CSS media query for responsive web design.
- Utilized Redux along with React for states management and actions dispatch.
- Used React to implement rich functionalities, including form validation, crud, grid list, search, sort, pagination, multi-selection, and authentication.
- Built up Single Page Application (SPA) using React Router.
- Utilized Redux Thunk middleware for handling asynchronous actions, Redux Promise to do the asynchronous requests and Redux Logger to watch the state changes.
- Leveraged utility functions of Lodash to normalize the data retrieved from the backend and implement functional programming paradigm.
- Implemented a Node-powered workflow and build system, involving gulp as a task runner, Webpack as a module bundler and Bebel as a compiler.
- Used Chrome DevTools and Jest for testing and debugging.
- Built axios AJAX to request data from backend based on user input and post update.
- Completed source code management and team collaboration by Git.
- Implemented faster development speed and improved maintainability with Agile methodology.
- Used JIRA to keep track of outstanding bugs to reduce downtime and increase productivity.
- Built the user interface following responsive web design pattern with Bootstrap as well as refined the existing account dashboard panel using Sass.
- Implemented various features such as navbar and footer by using jQuery plugins.
- Adjusted layout by using the Bootstrap grid system that meets cross-device compatibility as well as accomplished the color scheme of the website using HTML5 and CSS.
- Achieved the navigation bar, drop-down menus, and animation effect by using jQuery and Bootstrap.
- Handled all aspects of the web application including maintaining, testing, debugging and deploying.
- Implemented the design and developing modules using Agile Methodology. Planned iteration for effective design and development of the Modules.
- Responsible for code optimization and fixed the cross-browser compatibility issues for IE, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.
- Created the frameworks of the webpage and converted prototypes by using some of the latest features of HTML and CSS.
- Used Sass as a CSS preprocessor to keep CSS files more organized and create style sheets faster.
- Responsible for making the pages dynamic by using AJAX, JSON, and XML.
- Implemented AJAX calls to fetch the data from SQL database by working with backend developers.
- Worked closely with UX team to improve user experience and QA team to fix cross-browser compatibility issues and other reported defects.