- Around 7 years of experience in IT industry comprising of delivery management, design, development, release & deployment, and cloud implementation.
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude of applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, SNS, SQS, IAM, EBS, ELB, AMI, EMR, Cloud Formation, Terraform, CloudWatch, CloudFront, CloudTrail, Lambda, ELK, Beanstalk and DynamoDB) focusing on high - availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Experience in migrating private cloud infrastructure to AWS and setting up hybrid cloud using AWS and collocated servers.
- Worked on IAM service by creating users & groups, defining roles and policies and Identity providers, and ensured data integrity and data security on AWS technology by implementing AWS best practices.
- Provisioned highly available EC2 Created AMI's for mission critical production servers for backup and created monitors, alarms, and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Build infrastructure as a code using Terraform and Cloud Formation Templates.
- Expert on Terraform for building, changing, and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently.
- Experience in ELK (Elastic, Logstash and Kibana) for centralized logging and then store logs and metrics into S3 bucket using Lambda function.
- Skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios, Data dog, Cloud watch and using ELK Stack Elastic Search Logstash.
- Configured the ELK stack for Jenkins logs, and syslog's and network packets using the beats plugins like Filebeat, Metricbeat and Packetbeat.
- Integrated AWS Dynamo DB using AWS lambda to store the values of the items and backup the Dynamo DB streams.
- Built and configured virtual data center in the AWS cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, inbound and outbound Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Experience in creating S3 buckets, managed policies and utilized S3 Buckets and Glacier for storage, backup and archived in AWS.
- Experience in deploying services including Jenkins and Nexus on Docker using Terraform.
- Extensive experience in continuous deployment of Micro-Services based applications using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Deployed applications on multiple web servers, maintained Load balancing, high availability by using Azure platform. Build & automate infrastructure deployments in Azure cloud using PowerShell.
- Experience in using Horizon and Openstack CLI to interact with Openstack Services like Nova, Neutron, and Keystone.
- Worked on creation of custom Docker images, tagging, and pushing the images and worked on creating the Docker Containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Experience in infrastructure with Docker containerization, collaborated with development support teams to setup a continues delivery environment with the use of Docker.
- Experience with container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker registries and Kubernetes.
- Experienced on Docker, Docker Swarm, Mesos/Marathon, AWS ECS, Kubernetes.
- Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages. Managed local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Experience in installing, configuring, and managing Ansible Centralized Server and creating the playbooks to support various middleware application servers.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Expert in setting up Chef Workstation various enterprise nodes, setting up keys and working with chef Cookbooks, Chef Recipes, Chef attributes, chef Templates.
- Developed Puppet manifests to automate provisioning of servers, and to install and configure software.
- Experience in integrating Jenkins with various tools like Maven (Build tool), Git (Repository), SonarQube (code verification), Nexus (Artifactory) and implementing CI/CD automation for creating Jenkins pipelines
- Wrote CI/CD pipeline in Groovy scripts to enable end to end setup of build & deployment using Jenkins.
- Extensively worked on Hudson, Jenkins, TeamCity and Bamboo for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Troubleshoot build issues in Jenkins, performance and generating metrics on master's performance along with jobs usage and no of builds being run CloudBees Jenkins.
- In-depth knowledge of Jenkins/Hudson Continuous Integration Server, Installation, Configuration, Design & Administration, expertise in Automation, Release Management & Dashboard Configuration.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN and ANT as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts (jar, war & ear) from source code.
- Experienced in branching, tagging, and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT and Subversion (SVN) on Linux and windows platforms.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python, Groovy, Yaml and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Experienced in administration and deployment of applications on Apache Webserver and application servers such as Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, IIS etc.
- Interface with a version of Nagios to create new monitoring and view existing, Redesigned, and redeployed the Nagios implementation. Integrated Nagios with other monitoring/alert solutions (Splunk).
- Experience in monitoring servers using Nagios, Data dog, Cloud watch and using ELK Stack Elastic Search Logstash.
- Extensive experience in ticketing and tracking tools like JIRA, REMEDY, Clearquest, Redmine, Bugzilla for Production hotfixes and bugfixes.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration, and Administration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.x/5.x/6.x, Sun Solaris, CentOS 5/6, and Windows.
- Experienced in an Agile environment and daily standup meetings.
- Expertise in Analyzing client requirements, build cost effective, high available and scalable server architecture.
- Build servers using AWS which includes importing necessary volumes, launching the EC2 instance, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers, Route 53 and SNS as per the architecture.
- Extensively worked with AWS for deploying EC2 instances consisting of various flavors like Ubuntu server, Amazon Linux AMI, SUSE Linux, Red Hat Linux Enterprise, Microsoft Windows Server.
- Hands-on experience on creating multiple AWS instances, Elastic Load Balancer and Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Worked on AWS Ops Works, AWS Lambda, AWS code deploys, AWS cloud formation and cloud foundry.
- Creating and configuring Azure Active Directory services for authenticating application in Azure cloud office 365.
- Configuring Azure Backup Service for taking backup of Azure VM and data of on premise to Azure.
- Building and installing servers through Azure Resource Manager Templates (ARM) or Azure Portal.
- Build infrastructure as a code using Terraform and Cloud Formation Templates.
- Worked on Terraform for managing the infrastructure through the terminal sessions and executing the scripts and creating alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch.
- Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Config Maps, selector, Services & deployed application containers as Pods.
- Experience in using Kubernetes to provide a platform for automating deployment, scaling, and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts.
- Expertise in using Docker to run and deploy the applications in multiple containers like Docker Swarm and Docker Wave.
- Installed, configured and managed Ansible server and written playbooks to configure various middleware application servers and to automate repetitive tasks.
- Developed automation scripts in YAML using Ansible to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Created Ansible Playbooks to provision Apache Web servers, Tomcat servers, Nginx, Apache Spark and other applications.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks.
- Installed Jenkins on a Linux server & created master-slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds.
- Created Jenkins jobs for continuously building the projects. Scheduled jobs to build upon every check in into subversion. Wrote Groovy script in Jenkins jobs to do pre-and post-build operations.
- Used MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Developed GIT hooks for the local repository, code commit and remote repository, code push functionality and worked on the GitHub.
- Created and maintained Python scripts for automating build and deployment process and creating web-based Application by using Django Framework.
- Used Python, Perl, Shell scripts in automation and integration.
- Developed Shell/Python and PowerShell scripts for automated deployments on Windows environments.
- Used Splunk for API traffic monitoring and health checks.
- Monitoring and application analysis using Nagios, Splunk.
- Used the JIRA for bug tracking, creating the dashboard for issues.
- Facilitated Scrum ceremonies like Sprint planning, retrospectives, Daily stand-ups, etc.
Environment:: AWS, Azure, Terraform, Cloud Formation, Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift, Chef, Ansible, Nagios, Splunk, SonarQube, Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL, AWS EC2, IAM, S3, VPC, Cloud Watch, ELB, SNS, GIT, GITHUB, Maven, Jenkins, Python, Perl, Shell, Jboss, Tomcat.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Created highly available and scalable infrastructure in AWS cloud by using various AWS services like EC2, S3, ELB, VPC, Route53, IAM.
- Designed roles and groups for users and resources using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM) for accessing AWS resources.
- Used CloudFormation template for creating initial infrastructure like IAM roles and policies, S3 buckets and bucket configurations.
- Managed storage in AWS using Elastic Black Storage, S3, Glacier. Created Volumes and configured Snapshots.
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Involved in designing and deploying multiple applications using AWS cloud infrastructure focusing on high availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling of the instances.
- Configured, supported, and maintained all network, firewall, storage, load balancers, operating systems, and software in AWS EC2 Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes, and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server. Written cookbooks for installing Jenkins, HTTPD, WebLogic, JBoss, WebSphere, JDK.
- Wrote AWS Lambda functions in python for AWS's Lambda which invokes python scripts to perform various transformations and analytics on large data sets in EMR clusters.
- Migrating a production infrastructure into an Amazon Web Services utilizing AWS Cloud Formation, Code Deploy, EBS and Ops Works.
- Installed, configured and managed the ELK (Elastic Search, Log stash and Kibana) for Log management within EC2 / Elastic Load balancer for Elastic Search.
- Deployed and migrated applications using AWS CI/CD tools code pipeline, code commit, ops works & cloud formation.
- Involved heavily in setting up the CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, GitHub, CHEF, Terraform and AWS.
- Worked with AWS Code Pipeline and Creating Cloud formation JSON templates which is converted to Terraform for infrastructure as code.
- Deployed and hosted applications on AWS using Ops Works, automated single click deployment onto AWS using Chef.
- Managed Clusters with various Servers in Azure Cloud Resource groups. Implemented various services in Azure like Data lake to store and analyze the data. Managed to orchestrate the data to and from Data Lake Store using Azure Data factory.
- Created Docker images using a Dockerfile, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images, and managing Docker volumes.
- Used Docker to virtualize deployment containers and push the code to EC2 cloud using . Built additional Docker Slave nodes for Jenkins using custom built Docker images and instances.
- Evaluating Docker container technology to replace some virtual environments.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple name spaced versions.
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker has been core to this experience, along with Marathon and Kubernetes.
- Used Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change
- Wrote Python Code using Ansible Python API to Automate Cloud Deployment Process.
- Developed several playbooks using Ansible and deployed the applications/services on the client hosts.
- Worked on Ansible setup, managing hosts file, Using YAML linter, authoring various playbooks and custom modules with Ansible Responsible for CI and CD process implementation with Jenkins using Python and shell scripts.
- Developed Chef Recipes for automating the Infrastructure, deployment process.
- Installed and maintained Jenkins for Continuous Delivery as well as automate Ansible Playbook runs against production infrastructure.
- Using Chef, deployed and configured Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and CloudWatch.
- Designed and implemented of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment (CI/CD), DevOps tool chain and DevOps processes for agile projects.
- I was involved in deployment of web applications into different application servers by using various deployment tools for ex: Jenkins and Bamboo server etc.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in Ant and Maven, Created and modified build configuration files including Ant's build.xml and Maven Pom.xml.
- Implemented Maven builds for creating JAR'S, WAR’S, and EAR'S. Managed the artifacts generated by Maven in the Nexus repository.
- Using MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code Configuration Automation using Ansible and Docker Containers.
- Managed code by maintaining code repository in GIT (Bit Bucket); improve practices of branching and code merge to custom needs of development team.
- Collection of Build metrics and its Test case metrics from Jenkins to show case as visualization in Kibana dashboard using ELK.
- Skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios, Data dog, Cloud watch and using ELK Stack Elastic Search Logstash.
- Installation and Configuration tasks involving JDK, Tomcat binaries installation.
- Worked on Vagrant for configure lightweight, reproducible, and portable development environments
- Installed, configured and Administrated of all UNIX/LINUX servers, includes the design and selection of relevant hardware to Support the installation/upgrades of RedHat (5/6), CentOS 5/6, Ubuntu operating systems.
- Developed BASH, PERL, Python shell scripts to automate Cron jobs and system maintenance. Scheduled Cron jobs for job automation.
Environment: Linux, Maven, Chef, Jenkins, Docker, Jira, Nagios, SVN, GIT, AWS EC-2, Route 53, S3, VPC, EBS, Autoscaling, Shell Scripts, Unix/ Linux environment.
Confidential, New York City, NY
- Launched Ubuntu, RedHat Server instances on Amazon EC2 instances for dynamic, high load, web site through Elastic Load Balancers and Auto Scaling launch configuration using prebaked Amazon Machine Images (AMI).
- Managed IAM policies, providing access to different AWS resources, designed and refined the workflows used to grant access.
- Used CloudWatch to collect and monitor log files and created alarms in conjunction with SNS to notify the resource usage and billing events.
- Managed network security using Elastic Load balancer, Auto scaling, Security groups, Route53 and NACLS.
- Supported current migration of Data Center to Amazon Cloud.
- Worked with GitHub private repositories and creating S3 backups by enabling versioning and moved objects to Amazon Glacier for archiving purpose.
- Configured Access for inbound and outbound traffic RDS DB services, DynamoDB tables, EBS volumes to set alarms for notifications or automated actions.
- Wrote AWS Lambda functions in python for AWS's Lambda which invokes python scripts to perform various transformations and analytics on large data sets
- Created VPC using Cloud formation templates in AWS which includes security groups, key pairs, Route tables and Internet Gateway.
- Increased EBS backed volume storage capacity when the root volume is full using AWS EBS Volume feature.
- Responsible in setting up scalability for application servers using CLI for administering DNS system in AWS using Route53.
- Managing users and groups using the amazon Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Configured and integrated the servers for different environments to automatically provision and configuration management of Linux instances using CM/ Provisioning tool CHEF, Ansible on AWS.
- Used Ansible to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, proactively manages change and well versed with Ansible Playbooks, modules, and roles
- Implemented Nagios and integrated with Ansible for automatic monitoring of servers.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS nodes and tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Worked with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment.
- Used Ansible to manage web applications, environments configuration files, users, mount points and packages.
- Installed, Configured and Managed Docker containers, Docker Images for Web Servers and Applications servers such as Apache Tomcat using Docker and integrated with Amazon MySQL RDS database.
- Created the Docker file and built various containers using Docker engine and Docker Machine environments.
- Configured Docker Container for branching purposes, reduced build and deployment time by implementing Docker workflow.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs and configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Integrated Docker container-based test infrastructure to Jenkins CI test flow and set up build environment integrating with Git and Jira to trigger builds using Web Hooks and Slave Machines.
- Implemented CI/CD Pipelines using tool sets like GIT, Jenkins, Chef, and AWS in DevOps environment.
- Using Jenkins Amazon Web Services (AWS) Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Involved in checking the quality of the code by using SonarQube.
- Set up Jenkins master and added the necessary plugins and adding more slaves to support scalability and agility.
- Dealt with errors in pom.xml file to obtain appropriate builds using maven build tool.
- Designed and developed Continuous Integration systems with Maven and Jenkins.
- Managed the source codes repository of multiple development applications using GIT version control tools.
- Implemented Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Git on Linux platforms.
- Configuring Nagios, Splunk monitoring tool for monitoring the server/app status, disk space issues, and log parsing.
- Installation of RDBMS and NoSQL databases and support such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Aurora, MongoDB.
Environment: & Tools: AWS EC2, S3, Glacier, VPC, EBS, RDS, ELB, Auto scaling, CloudFormation, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch) GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Nagios, Python, Shell Scripts, Bash, Ruby Unix/ Linux environment.
Confidential, Tempe, AZ
- Integration of build automation with deployment Pipeline. Currently installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Used knife command-line to provide an interface between a local Chef-repo and the Chef server.
- Extensively used Ruby scripting on Chef Automation for creating Cookbooks comprising all resources, data bags, templates, attributes.
- Manage the configurations of more than 40 servers using Chef, configured Jenkins builds for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Involved in managed nodes, run lists, roles, environments, data bags, cookbooks, recipes in Chef.
- Troubleshooting communication issues with Chef client nodes and Chef servers.
- Implemented to build new project framework using Jenkins & Maven as build framework tools. Performing regular Cron Job updates and Quartz scheduler jobs in servers.
- Configured Jenkins to implement nightly builds on daily basis and generated change log that includes changes happened from last 24 hours.
- Installed Jenkins for Continuous Integration and written Shell script for end to end build and deployment automation. Used Jenkins to automate most of the build related tasks.
- Experience in designing and implementing Continuous Integration system using Jenkins by creating Python and Perl scripts.
- Defined dependencies and plugins in Maven (pom.xml) for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Developing Maven and Shell scripts to automatically compile, package, deploy and test J2EE applications to a variety of WebLogic platforms.
- Installed and administered Artifactory repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven and to store the dependent jars which are used during the build.
- Used Git as version control with Git branching strategy that included develops branches, feature branches, staging branches, and master. Pull requests and code reviews were performed.
- Written new and developed existing shell scripts as per the requirement.
- Worked with JIRA management tools, Crucible, and confluence pages development.
- Used JIRA to track issues and Change Management.
- Creation of Release Plan, Definition, collection, analysis & presentation of Release Project Metrics on weekly basis.
- Managed the entire release communication and coordination during the project roll-out.
- Configured firewall based on Redhat Linux and FreeBSD 4.x that has three network interfaces.
- Deployed the applications on multiple WebLogic Servers and maintained Load balancing, high availability and Fail over functionalities.
- Wrote Shell, Bash, Python, Perl and Ruby scripts for day to day administrative tasks and for managing users.
- Administered WebSphere application Servers at configuration level.
Environment: & Tools: GIT, Cron Job, ANT, Maven, Chef, Jenkins, UNIX, Linux, Perl, Bash, Python, Ruby, shell, Redhat, WebSphere, WebLogic, Ubuntu, JIRA.
Confidential, franklin, NJ
- Administered and handled configuration management of GIT and source code repositories: Administration source tree, user account creation, repo sync, branching, checkout, merging, cherry-pick, tag creation, pull, push, fetch, resolving merge-conflicts, merge-tool, commit, tag creation, snapshots, open source tools.
- Pulled code from development line using cherry-pick, creating a tag, and pushing it to main line using GIT version control after integration and build.
- Played a very important role as SCM engineer in handling entire builds. Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Designed the Release Plans while coordinating with Stake Holders including Project Management Lead, Development Lead and QA Team Lead.
- Experience working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source. Installed, configured, upgraded and managed Puppet master, agents & Databases.
- Integration of Puppet with Apache and developed load testing and monitoring suites in Python.
- Used Jenkins innovatively to automate most of the build related tasks. Improved throughput and efficiency of build system by providing EO/managers rights to trigger required build.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the Continuous Integration process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Responsible to perform Build operations with ANT Scripts, while implementing the required modifications in the ANT Script to perform build operations, in accordance with requirements.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/Maven files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Created Release Plan, definition, collection, analysis, and presentation of release project metrics.
- Configured the Hosted, Proxy and Virtual repositories based on the requirements to share artifacts with in company.
- Used Nexus for periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery, sharing artifacts and handling dependency management within the company.
- Worked with product development to resolve build-related issues in all projects provided support for Application issues.
- Dealt with Jira as ticket tracking and work flow tool.
- Deployed the applications to Web Sphere Application Server 5.0 and static content to apache web servers.
- Responsible for WebLogic, JBoss support and monitoring various applications deployed on Linux and windows platforms.
Environment: & Tools: GIT, Jenkins, Linux, windows, Python, Puppet, ANT, Maven, JBoss, Nexus, WebSphere, WebLogic, Apache, Jira.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of RedHat Linux 5.x/6.X, Solaris 10, CentOS, Ubuntu, OpenSUSE, Debian, Fedora comprising of testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting both physical and virtual server issues.
- Scripting using bash, perl and python to automate administrative tasks.
- Designing and building the infrastructure as per the business requirement.
- System builds, server builds, install, upgrades, patches, migration, troubleshooting, security, backup, disaster recovery, performance monitoring and fine-tuning on Red Hat Linux systems.
- Created user, rpm packages and patch management & configuration implementations.
- Install and configure DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), and file servers on Linux servers.
- Created users, manage user permissions, & File System quota on Linux machines
- Mounting file system, NFS configuration and administration.
- Troubleshooting network related issues using packet capturing software such as IPtables, TCP wrappers, Netstat, traceroute.
- Configured inbound and outbound firewall rules to secure the traffic flow.
- Used Samba server file sharing between windows and linux servers through CIFS protocol.
- Installation and configuration Veritas Net Backup on Sun/Linux Severs
- Developed automated processes that run daily to check disk usage and perform cleanup of file systems on UNIX environments using shell scripting and CRON.
- Created bash, perl & python scripts to automate various systems administration tasks.
- Installed and maintained webservers such as Jboss 4.x, Apache HTTP server.
- Working with linux utilities: KICKSTART, SSH, FTP, Quota Management wrappers.
- Installation of Firewall checkpoint configured IP filter to protect network communication.
- Installation and maintenance of database servers MySQL, Oracle 9i/10g, PostgreSQL.
Environment: Linux, Redhat, Ubuntu, Debian, SUSE, Solaris, bash, Python, Veritas, Jboss, Firewall, Apache, IIS