- Over 8 years of experience as Cloud Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Build and Release Engineer in IT industry. Extensive experience comprising of Linux and System Administration along with SCM, Continuous Integration/Deployment and Automation of infrastructure including end - to-end code configuration using different tools and cloud operations included in AWS, Azure, and OpenStack.
- Expertise in managing Azure Infrastructure Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, SQL Azure, Azure Storage, Azure Active Directory, Application Insights, Office365. Virtual Machine Backup and Recover from a Recovery Services Vault using Azure PowerShell and Portal.
- Experience in configuring Azure Virtual Networks, subnets, DHCP address blocks, Azure network settings, DNS setting, security policies and routing. Worked on Key Vault in Azure to store secrets related to Database, app services and used them as part of infrastructure as code to communicate with resources.
- Hands on experience in m igrating Infrastructure to Azure IaaS cloud by Identifying the applications that require more privacy and leave them on-premises and move the non-critical/non-privacy infrastructure components to IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-Service) Azure cloud.
- Experience in designing, deploying and maintaining various multitude applications utilizing AWS services stack including EC2, S3, EBS, EFS, IAM, Elastic Beanstalk, Route 53, VPC, Cloud Front, Dynamo DB, Red Shift, RDS, KMS, ECS, ELB, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, Cloud trail, SNS, SQS focusing on High Availability, Fault-Tolerance and Auto Scaling.
- Expertise in utilizing Cloud Watch to monitor resources such as EC2, CPU memory, Amazon RDS DB Services, EBS volumes to set alarm for Notification or Automated actions, and to monitor logs for better understanding and operation of the system.
- Experience in running web scale services on AWS and using RDS to manage, create snapshots, and automate backup of database and Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Extensive knowledge on deployment of microservices on Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) using CI/CD pipeline through Jenkins and creating, maintaining, deploying microservices in NodeJS and Java onto PCF platform using 12 factor application methodology.
- Experience in installing, configuring and testing OpenStack environment (Nova, Swift, Cinder, Neutron, Horizon, Glance and Keystone) on RedHat and Ubuntu distribution. Deployed and operated OpenStack and SDN based IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS platform network in multiple datacenters.
- Hands on experience in configuring network and server monitoring using ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana) stack to parse the Logs using Logstash from Kubernetes Cluster at metadata level for the specific name spaces needed and Customized the Kibana dashboard based on team's requirement.
- Experience in managing Docker orchestration and Docker containerization using Kubernetes to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers. Created and deployed Kubernetes pod definitions, tags, labels, multi-pod container replication and managed multiple Kubernetes pod containers scaling, auto-scaling using KOPS.
- Extensively used Kubernetes charts using Helm and created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, templatize Kubernetes manifests, and provide a set of configuration parameters to customize the deployment and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Expertise in deploying, scaling, load balance and manage Docker containers with multiple name spaced versions, and worked on Docker Engine, Docker HUB, Docker Images, and Docker Compose for handling images for installations and domain configurations.
- Experience in Implementing Docker to provision slaves dynamically as needed. Created and Maintained Docker files in Source Code Repository build images and ran containers for applications and testing purposes. Creating and handling multiple Docker images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Experienced in Terraform for building, changing, and versioning of Infrastructure and wrote Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Worked on designing and developing infrastructure using Terraform and cloud formation and automated end-to-end transit hub connectivity resource deployment in AWS.
- Expertise in writing Ansible scripts to automate system administration activities and processes on managed hosts, standardized execution of tasks using playbooks, managed playbooks centrally and implemented recurring execution using Ansible Tower web interface.
- Experience in configuring and managing Chef master server, upload cookbooks through knife, test recipes in Kitchen and other chef tools like Supermarket, Foodcritic and InSpec and building workflows with Chef Automate.
- Proficient in configuring Continuous Integration pipeline for the automatic deployment of artifacts to the required servers or environments in Jenkins CI, and Clean for the new build process whenever code commits are done to SCM tool Git.
- Strongly experienced in Implementing CI/CD for application using Jenkins as CI tool for integrating different tools like GitHub, Maven, Junit, and Nexus Artifactory and used Ansible as configuration management tool for continuous deployment into testing, staging and Production Environment.
- Skilled in monitoring servers using Splunk, Nagios, Data dog, Cloud watch and EFK, Stack Elasticsearch, Fluentd, Kibana.
- Experienced in Agile Scrum Software Development Lifecycle with respect to delivering Operation, Functional and Technical Specifications, Resource planning, Development, Testing and Maintenance with tools like Rally, JIRA, Confluence.
- Strong knowledge in creating and maintain build automation shell, manage building fixes, merges, release cuts as needed, written scripts for environment changes in Bash, Perl and Python for Web-sphere mapping modules to the enterprise application.
- Experience in deploying code to web application Servers such as WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat, JBOSS and Apache.
- Extensive experience in Linux utilities KICKSTART, SSH, FTP Quota Management, User Management, Process Management, Memory Management, and Text processing tools, LAMP stack, Log Management, Package Management, Disk Management and Swap Partition/Files Management.
- Experienced in writing Python scripts that can calculate the performance parameters in Linux environments. Implementation and automation of Shell and Python scripts for release and build automation.
Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, PCF
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenShift
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet
CI /CD Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo
Version Control Tools: GIT, Bitbucket, SVN
Build Tools: Maven, ANT, Gradle
Logging & Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, ELK, CloudWatch, Azure Monitor, Prometheus, New Relic
Bug Tracking & Ticketing Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, Remedy, Mingle
Databases: Oracle 10g/11g/12c, DB2, MySQL, NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra)
Application/Web Servers: Apache Tomcat 5.x/7.x, NGINX, IIS, JBoss4.1, WebSphere, Web Logic 9/10
Virtualization Platforms: Oracle VirtualBox, VMware Workstation, Vagrant, ESX/ESXi, Hyper-V
Operating Systems: Ubuntu 16/14, Red Hat Linux 7/6/5, Windows 10/8/7, Solaris 11/10
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Woonsocket, RIResponsibilities:
- Configured and deployed Azure Automation scripts for applications utilizing the Azure stack that include compute, Blobs, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL, Active Directory, Cloud services and Azure Resource Manager and utilities focusing on Automation.
- Managed multiple Azure accounts with multiple VPC's for both production and non-prod where primary objectives included automation, build out, integration and cost control. Strong Networking fundamentals on DNS, Routing, VLAN's and WAN.
- Designed AZURE Resource Manager (ARM) templates and custom build steps using PowerShell. Identified and logged defects in VSTS and interacted with developers to prioritize the issues.
- Created Azure SQL database, performed monitoring and restoring of Azure SQL database. Performed migration of On-premises Microsoft SQL server to Azure SQL database.
- Orchestrated the servers using Azure Container Services with Kubernetes. Build and Deployed the code artifacts into the respective environments in the Microsoft Azure cloud. Developed WCF services, Azure Web roles and Worker roles. Used and Implemented Continuous Deployment to automate the entire process from code commit to production.
- Worked on Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Configuring Maps, selector services and deployed application containers as Pods. To provide secured network connectivity to the containers we used Calico.
- Deployed Windows and Linux based Docker containers with popular container orchestrators like Kubernetes and DCOS provisioned by the Azure Container Service and integration of container registries, specifically Docker Hub and the Azure Container Registry into DevOps workflows.
- Use of Docker, Kubernetes to manage microservices for development of continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Worked on Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker Hub and written Docker Compose file for multi container provisioning and Makefile file to build, run, tag and publish a docker container to Azure Container Registry.
- Deployed and configured Docker and Kubernetes on windows and Linux platforms. Worked on various operation in containers such as auto healing, scaling and patching.
- Used Terraform to deploy the infrastructure necessary to create development, test, and production environments for a software development project in Azure.
- Experience in Writing Terraform modules to provision VMs and physical machines also Wrote Jenkins jobs to tie Ansible and Terraform together to provide a smoother deployment process for Operations.
- Experience in using Jenkins to drive all microservices builds to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes also created Pods and managed as PaaS for deployments using Docker, Kubernetes and Ansible which reduced considerably deployment risks.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks, inventories created custom playbooks written in YAML language, encrypted the data using Ansible Vault and maintained role-based access control by using Ansible Tower and Implemented IT orchestration using Ansible to run tasks in a sequence which can work on different servers.
- Maintained high availability clustered and standalone server environments and refined automation components with scripting and configuration management (Ansible) and experienced in writing Ansible scripts.
- Developed Ansible playbooks for managing the application/OS configuration files in GitHub, integrating with Jenkins, and Verifying with Jenkins plugins, deploying the application into the Linux environment.
- Built Jenkins jobs to create Azure Infrastructure from GitHub repositories containing Terraform code and ability to work closely with teams, to ensure high quality, timely delivery of builds & releases.
- Experience in writing Jenkins Pipeline Groovy Scripts for Continuous Integration and build workflows and Used Jenkins uploading Artifacts into Artifactory Repository and Automated various day-to-day administration task by developing PowerShell and Python Scripts.
- Integrated Jenkins CI/CD with GIT version control and implemented continuous build based on check-in for applications and created GitHub Webhooks to setup triggers for commit, push, merge and pull request events to drive all builds to Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, created pods using Kubernetes.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tool and automated the build and deploy processes using Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Experience in Developing Python shell scripts to automate CRON jobs and system maintenance. Implemented zero downtime deployment process in WebLogic using Python and automated it using Jenkins.
- Develop automated deployment scripts using Python to deploy war files, properties file and database changes to development server or QA server and Staging/Production server.
- Used NoSQL, MongoDB and Elastic cache to perform basic database administration. Build out server automation with Continuous Integration - Continuous Deployment tools like Jenkins for deployment and build management system.
- Configured relational & non-relational databases like MS-SQL, Cassandra, MongoDB. Implemented service layer on top of Cassandra using Rest API.
- Integrating Defect tracking tool JIRA with Confluence and Jenkins CI server for identifying, logging and, tracking and documenting defects/issues in real-time.
- Introduced continuous monitoring via Splunk to monitor, analyze, and improve the data generated by infrastructure and applications.
- Worked on sending application management logs to Splunk using user provided services and integrate Artifactory repository server to handle multiple external and internal project binaries. Configured Splunk to monitor real-time granular metrics of all the logs and configured dashboards for each resource agents.
Environment: Azure, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Maven, GIT, Python, Shell Scripting, PowerShell, WebLogic, Artifactory, Splunk, Jira, Linux, MongoDB, Cassandra.
- Designed AWS Lambda functions in Python to administer the provisioning, scaling and to automate redundant tasks such as changes to S3 buckets, updating DynamoDB, responding to API calls.
- Build and configure a Virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Created Python scripts to totally automate AWS services which includes web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers, or joins web servers to stacks.
- Involved in Architect, Build and maintain Highly Available secure multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure utilizing Ansible with AWS Cloud Formation and the Jenkins for continuous integration. Responsible for CI environments.
- Handled migration of on-premises applications to the cloud and created resources inside cloud and expert in deploying of OpenStack hosted applications on AWS platform.
- Involved in OpenStack environments to create and manage users using Keystone and VM management using OpenStack, volume management using Cinder, network and port management using Neutron. Used Helm packet manager for installing Jenkins, antifactory tools etc., by running Helm charts.
- Expertise in setting up Kubernetes (k8s) cluster with CloudFormation templates and deploy them over AWS environment and monitoring the health of pods and for running microservices and pushed microservices into production with Kubernetes backed Infrastructure and automation through playbooks in Ansible.
- Created Clusters using production ready cluster management tool Kubeadm and worked on creating pods, replication controllers, services, labels, health checks and ingress by writing YAML files and deployed microservices on Docker containers.
- Designed and deployed a highly available and fault tolerant infrastructure on AWS using Terraform modules, these modules installs a web application in public subnet and database in private subnet which can communicate using the local route table in the VPC.
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed, configured Kubernetes. Deploying cluster on AWS with Jenkins, Docker pipeline implementation.
- Worked on Docker based container deployments to create shelf environments for development teams and containerization of environment's delivery for releases.
- Configuring and managing an ELK stack, set up the elastic search ELK Stack to collect search and analyze log files from across the servers.
- Implemented AWS Code Pipeline and Created Cloud formation JSON templates in Terraform for infrastructure as code.
- Provisioning and maintain AWS resources using Cloud Formation, Terraform, Ansible and Python Boto3 Modules. Deployed various IAM Policies and Roles to AWS Users through Ansible Playbooks with the help of Boto3 Framework.
- Wrote Playbooks in YAML to automate the entire deployment process as well as infrastructure admin tasks and Used Ansible for Continuous Delivery, Managed CI/CD process and delivered all application in rpms.
- Created four staged CI/CD pipelines with AWS Code Pipeline plugin for Jenkins, GitHub repository, Jenkins build server EC2 instance using IAM instance role, proxy and firewall settings to allow inbound connections on server and AWS Code Deploy.
- Worked with Jenkins for continuous integration (CI) and for end to end automation for build and continuous deployment (CD) including setting up pipeline jobs and upstream/downstream job configurations in Jenkins.
- Created job chains with Jenkins Job Builder, Parameterized Triggers, and target host deployments. Utilized many Jenkins plugins and Jenkins API.
- Used GIT repository for storing Terraform files and maintaining versioning. Converted existing Terraform modules that had version conflicts to utilize CloudFormation during Terraform deployments to enable more control or missing capabilities.
- Integrated Maven with Shell scripts created in Bash to automate the deployments for the Java based applications. Managed the deployment activities for multiple server instances by enabling password less SSH communication between the servers and utilizing the resync utility in the shell scripts .
- Used MAVEN build tool for the development of build artifacts on the source code (.WAR) and Installed and configured Nexus repository manager for storing the artifacts within the company using the Continuous Integration tool like Jenkins.
- Configured tools like Elastic Search, Log stash and Kibana and monitored Application and server logs using the ELK stack.
- JIRA as Project management tool and used tool for issue tracking and Bug tracking. Reported performance related issues to management by doing analysis, tracking of existing systems, and used Confluence to create, share and discuss content and projects.
Environment: AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes, Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, Git, Jira, Maven, ELK, Java, Shell, Bash, Python, Nexus, DynamoDB, WebLogic, Tomcat, Linux .
Confidential, Stamford, CTResponsibilities:
- Utilized Amazon Elastic Block Storage, which provides persistent block storage volumes for use with Amazon EC2 instances in the AWS cloud.
- Created S3 buckets, managed policies, Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS also automated backups by shell for Linux and PowerShell scripts for windows to transfer data in S3 bucket.
- Worked with Amazon Elastic Load Balancing, which automatically distributes traffic across multiple Amazon EC2instances, which enables to achieve fault tolerance in the applications.
- Configured Chef to manage AWS environments and automate the build process for core AMIs used by all application deployments including Autoscaling and incorporating chef on the JSON CloudFormation scripts for the configuration deployment onto the nodes.
- Migrated the production infrastructure into an Amazon Web Services VPC utilizing the AWS CloudFormation, EC2, S3, Snowball, managing the infrastructure using Chef, CloudWatch, EBS, Route53, IAM and ensured auto scaling, load balancing and moved the production MySQL database into RDS/ Elastic Cache.
- Proficient in creating Chef Cookbooks, Recipes, Roles and Data Bags to automate the services related to deployment and Ruby scripting on Chef Automation for creating cookbooks comprising all resources, templates, attributes and used Knife commands to manage Nodes.
- Integrated Nagios with AWS deployment using chef to collect data from all EC2 systems into Nagios where it has enabled minimal sharing of private keys on AWS infrastructure across application teams since they no longer had to rely on direct logging to systems.
- Setting up continuous integration and formal builds using Bamboo with the Artifactory repository and Resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Bamboo and JIRA.
- Setup Continuous Integration by configuring Build, Code coverage, deploy and test automation Jobs in Bamboo for different applications and worked with different teams in enterprise level to resolve the errors.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using apache Maven as build tool in Bamboo to move from one environment to other environments and automated builds using Maven for creation of build artifacts like war or Jar files.
- Maintain and administrate Bitbucket source code tool and create branches, labels and performed merges in Bitbucket and implement and maintain the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion in Linux.
- Utilized Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- Automated Data structures validation of the configuration files using Python Scripting Designed and Developed Log management framework using Python Language to collect log directories from various Yard server Automated Manual Build deployment procedure using Python Scripting.
Environment: AWS, Chef, Bamboo, Maven, Bitbucket, Ruby, Python, Shell Scripting, PowerShell, XML, Artifactory, Nagios, Jira, Linux.
Build & Release Engineer
Confidential, Bellevue, WAResponsibilities:
- Responsible for CI/CD process implementation using Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Created Jenkins pipelines involving several Downstream/Upstream job configurations based on dependencies from other applications & based on Release methodologies.
- Configured and administered Jenkins for automated builds Responsible for installing Jenkins master and slave nodes.
- Created and deployed a tool to automate branch and project creation in GIT using Groovy in Jenkins File and automating with Puppet.
- Implemented Jenkins as a full cycle continuous delivery tool involving package creation, distribution and deployment onto tomcat application servers via shell scripts embedded into Jenkins jobs.
- Configured Jenkins as a common build engine to build and deploy applications to DEV, QA, UAT and PROD environments. Integrated JIRA with subversion and configured with Jenkins to automate the entire Build and release process.
- Managed GIT and GitHub Enterprise and Automated current build process with Jenkins with proposed Branching strategies to accommodate code in various testing cycles.
- Designed Puppet Modules to manage configurations and automate installation process and developed automation scripting in Python using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Automated deployment activities in middleware environment which includes portal applications running on Java using Puppet Master and Agent Nodes, Puppet manifests to automate the installations and deployment tasks in service-oriented architecture (SOA).
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories and performed all necessary day-to- day GIT support for different projects and configured local ANT repositories and multi-component Ant projects with Nexus repositories.
- Worked with GIT for source control, Jenkins and ANT for build Management to automate the software build and Bugzilla for Monitoring.
- Responsibility to perform the security scans, defect tracking, defect reporting and defect reproducing using Bugzilla.
- Experience in installation, configuration, performance tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrade/patches of Linux and UNIX servers using Crontab.
Environment: Jenkins, Puppet, GIT, ANT, Jira, Perl, Shell, RHEL, Windows, Bugzilla, Nexus, Linux .
- Primarily worked on Installation and configuration of Solaris 9/10/11, Red Hat 4.x, 5/6.x, OEL on Dell Power Edge Rack, Blade and Oracle SPARC servers using Kickstart with PXE and Solaris Jumpstart.
- Installation and administration of Solaris and Linux Enterprise Servers for test lab, production and disaster recovery setup.
- Installation of ESX server and creation of VM’s and install different guest OS and Updating ESX host’s using VMware Update manager.
- Extensive experience in installing, integrating, tuning and troubleshooting Apache, Tomcat and WebSphere application server and WebSphere IHS including troubleshooting.
- Installation and administration of DNS, NIS, NFS, NTP, Samba, SNMP & DHCP servers.
- Used Logical Volume Manager (LVM) for the management of Volumes including creation of physical and logical volumes on Linux.
- Migration of Red Hat servers from 4.x version and working with the application team to resolve the issues post migration.
- As a Red Hat administrator, primary responsibility includes building of new servers which includes rack mounting, installation of OS, configuring of various OS-native and third-party tools, securing of OS, installing & configuring, job scheduling.
- Involved in designing Firewall rules for new servers to enable communication with application, Oracle 10g servers.
Environment: RHEL 5/6, Samba, Linux VM, Solaris 9/10, Bash/shell, WebSphere 6.x/7.x/8.x, MySQL, Oracle, Apache, VMware.