- Around Nine years of experience asLinux Administration, Build and Release management and Cloud implementations AWS, Azure involving extensive work towards code compilation, packaging, building, debugging, automating, managing, tuning and deploying code across multiple environments yet flexible in multitasking when necessary.
- AWS - Developer associate with expertise of administration which includes AWS Cloud Services, (EC2, Auto Scaling, S3, EBS, ELB, Elastic IP, RDS, SNS, SQS, SES, Glacier, IAM, VPC, Direct Connect, CloudFront, Cloud Formation, Route53,Red shift, Kinesis, Lambda, Systems Manager Cloud Watch,cloud trail and security groups) .
- Designed Groups,users, roles, policies by using AWS (IAM) and automated configurations using Chef and AWS OpsWorks.
- Designed EC2 Container Service a highly scalable, fast, container management service that makes it easy to manage, run and stop Docker containers on a AWS cluster.
- Converted existing AWS infrastructure to server less architecture with AWS Lambda (Python and Node.JS) and deployed via Terraform/AWS Cloud Formation.
- Experience in working on DevOps/Agile operations process and expertise in areas like (Unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Environment Management, Service Management, Incident Management and Change Management).
- Orchestrated and migrated CI/CD processes using Cloud Formation and Terraform Templates and Containerized the infrastructure using Docker, which was setup in Vagrant, AWS and VPCs.
- Expertise in creating and maintaingJenkins pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Knowledge in Mesos providing the fine-grained resource allocations for pods across nodes in a cluster and making Kubernetes play nicely with other frameworks running on the same cluster resources.
- Extensively worked on Continuous Integration/continuous deployment tools like Jenkins, AWS code commit, code pipeline, code deploy, Step functions.
- Hands on working experience in bamboo/octopus to distribute applications to all remote machines, connection strings,configuring IIS in parallel .
- Understanding of spinnaker in using for contious deployments with high velocity across multiple cloud environments.
- Knowledge in semaphore for fast continous integrations and continuous deployments across the cloud platforms.
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment Tool and strong experience with integration of Ant and Maven Build Frameworks.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT,Bitbucket,Subversion (SVN) and TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
- Strong experience on bootstrapping and maintaining AWS using Chef on complex hybrid IT infrastructure nodes through the VPN and Jump/Bastion Servers.
- Experience supporting Chef Environment with 200+ servers and involved in developing manifests and familiarity with salt stack
- Configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using chef. Excellent at defining Chef Server and workstation to manage and configure nodes. Developed Chef Cookbooks & manifests to manage systems configuration.
- Experience in migrating on-premise infrastructure to cloud platforms like Aws/Azure/Rackspace/Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) and involved in virtualization using (vmware, vmware ESX, Xen) and infrastructure orchestration using containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in load balancing and monitoring System/Application Logs of server usingDatadog, Splunk,Nginx, Nagios,kibana,ELK,Log stash to detect Production issues.
- Integrated pagerduty, service now with monitoring services and tools.
- Have Around 3 years of experience on Python Scripting in various projects for automating tasks.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Administration of Production, Development and Test environment’s carrying Windows, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux, Red Hat Openshift, Centos and Solaris servers.
- Experience in continuous integration technologies Bamboo and Jenkins. Designed and created multiple deployment strategies using Continuous Integration and Continuous Development Pipelines and configuration management tools with remote execution to ensure zero downtime and shortened deployment cycles via automated deployments.
- Knowledge in load balancing and web content acceleration using Akamai and F5.
- Experience working Data Center’s managing Servers, SAN and NAS devices like HP, Cisco, Brocade, EMC and HDS devices.
- Good experience and understanding of SAN (SAN arrays, HITACHI, EMC) technology including zoning, disk creation on various systems, maintaining and configuring various fiber switches and storages, Shell scripting (ksh, bash) to automate system administrative jobs.
- Responsible in managing all aspects of the software configuration management process including code compilation, packaging, deployment, release methodology and application configurations.
- Administered tasks like taking backups, expanding file system disk space, creating NFS mounts.
- Experienced in introducing, designing, adjusting, testing and conveying applications on Apache Webserver, Nginx and Application servers, for example, Tomcat, JBoss.
- Knowledge of NGINX in using as a reverse proxy and load balancer to manage incoming traffic and distribute it to slower upstream servers - anything from legacy database servers to microservices.
- Established capabilities in application design, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring, continuous improvement and change controls. Enhances and automates internal processes to generate efficiency.
- Coordinated different teams across the globe to deploy different builds to different environments on parallel development for multiple projects.
Cloud Technologies: Open Stack, AWS (VPC, EC2, EMR, S3, EBS, ELB, RDS, SNS, config,SQS, Glacier, IAM, VPC, Cloud Formation,, Route53,Red shift, Kinesis, Lambda, Systems Manager Cloud Watch,cloud trail) Microsoft Azure,Spinnaker, Rackspace, pivotal cloud Foundry (PCF).
Operating Systems: UNIX, red hat Linux (Rhel),Openshift, Ubuntu, Windows 98/NT/XP/Vista/7/8
SCM Tool: Subversion, GIT, BitBucket, TFS
Build Tool: Ant, Maven
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins/Hudson/bamboo/octopus, U Deploy, X Deploy, CircleCI,Semaphore
Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos.
Configuration Management: Chef, Ansible.
Bug tracker & Testing: JIRA, Bugzilla, Junit, Test Flight and Test Rail
Repositories: Nexus, Artifactory
Web Service Tools: JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, IntelliJ IDEA, Oracle Web logic, IBM Web sphere, IIS Server,Nginx VMware
Languages/Utilities: Shell Script, ANT Script, Batch Script, Ruby, Perl,Node.js, C, C++, Objective C, Python, Java, J2EE
Networking: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, CiscoRouters/Switches, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP.
Databases SQL Server: MS.SQL, MySQL,Oracle, DB2, Teradata
Monitoring and profiling tools: Datadog, Splunk, DynatraceJProfiler,kibana, Logstash.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
AWS - DevOps/Cloud Engineer
- Provisioning infrastructure on AWS EC2/VPC/S3/SQS/SNS based automation through Cloud Formation, Terraform, Python Boto and Bash Scripts.
- Created automation and deployment templates for relational and non-relational databases including MS-SQL, MySQL, Cassandra and MongoDB for different micro-services.
- Created AWS cloud formation templates to create organization AWS network from scratch with custom-sized VPC, subnets, NAT gateways, internet gateways, Route tables, ACL’s EC2 instances, ELB's, security groups.
- Acquaintance with tagging standards for proper identification and ownership of EC2 instances and other AWS Services like Cloud Front, cloud watch, Elastic beanstalk, RDS,Red shift, S3, Route53, SNS, SQS, Cloud Trail.
- Managing a team of DevOps engineer for infrastructure support on AWS cloud. Creating Cloud Formation scripts for hosting software on AWS cloud. Automating the installation of software through Power Shell scripts and CM tools.
- Expertise in Azure infrastructure management (Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, SQL Azure, Azure Storage, Azure AD Licenses, Office365).
- Experience in dealing with Windows Azure IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, AutoScaling.
- Converted existing Terraform modules that had version conflicts to utilize cloud formation during Terraform deployments to enable more control or missing capabilities.
- Proficient in using Docker in swam mode and Kubernetes for container orchestration, by writing Docker files and setting up the automated build on Docker HUB.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker, on GCP.
- Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant AWS infrastructure and microservice container orchestration.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins, GitHub and AWS AMI's. Whenever a new GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins server automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it, the Docker container leverages Linux containers from thebaked AMI.
- Design, installation, configuration and administration of Linux 5,6 and 7 servers and support of Openshift Enterprise and non-Openshift support. The operation and support of Openshift Enterprise and Docker Cloud services
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build for internal Data Centre Servers. Also, re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 Instances.
- Hands on experience with Chef and OpsWorksin AWS cloud environment and implemented Chef-Kitchen on AWS and Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).
- Used Ansible Tower, which provides an easy-to-use dashboard and role based access control, so that it's easier to allow individual teams access to use Ansible for their deployments.
- Spun up core services according to demand with custom Python, Ruby scripts and Ansible playbooks.
- Automate the installation of ELK agent (file beat) with Ansible playbook.
- Deployed and configured Elastic Search, Log stash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch. Established DevOps culture based on Docker and Kubernetes tools.
- Automated applications and MySQL container deployment in Docker using Python and monitor them using Nagios.
- Configured Nginx for proxy RESTful API calls to micro-services in Docker containers.
- Understanding in connecting with the customers to website users with java applications or servlets by using IBM Websphere
- Having good hands on technical knowledge on Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) and Application infrastructure and architectures.
- Installing, upgrading and configuring SUN Solaris 9/10 on Sun Servers using Jumpstart and Red Hat Linux 5.x Servers using Kickstart.
- Expertise in Working on Data Encryption (Client-Side and Server-Side) and securing data at rest and in transit for data in S3, ELB, EBS, RDS, EMR, Red Shift using Key Management Service (KMS).
- Created Python scripts to totally automate AWS services which includes web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers, or joins web servers to stacks.
- Involved in creating and documenting POC for helping migrate the current application to micro service architecture. The architecture included Docker as the container technology with Kubernates and worked on with REST API.
- Design and implementation of VMware VRealise suite and SAN/NAS implementation and management.
- Implementing VMware Vrealise to Proactively detect and remediate issues and ensure performance and availability, from applications through the entire infrastructure stack and across multi-cloud environments.
Environment: AWS, NoSQL, MS SQL, MySQL, Git, Jenkins, Chef, VMware VRealise, Docker (Daemon), Kubernetes, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Terraform, Python, shell script, Maven, Ansible, ANT, Cassandra, MongoDB, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, Java, PHP, Node.js, Elk, Bugzilla, IBM webshpere Nagios, GCP, Red Hat Linux, mpstat, vmstat, iostat, netstat, nfsstat, Packer, Sonar, Nexus, JIRA, Vagrant, Azure.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Worked closely with the Development Team in the design phase and developed Use case diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Understanding of node.js in maintaining concurrent connection
- Knowledge in using the Node.js uses as event-driven, non-blocking I/O model that makes it lightweight and efficient.
- Worked running Python scripts to totally automate AWS services which includes web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers, or joins web servers to stacks.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion /GIT.
- Implemented a new CI/CD pipeline with application containerized deployment using container orchestration tools like Docker and Kubernetes .
- Setup and configure the CI/CD process using Bitbucket Data Center, Jenkins, Docker, RHEL Satellite 7.0 and OpenSCAP as image scanning tool for vulnerabilities.
- Installing Bitbucket Data Center on premise to merge the existing Stash/Bitbucket servers of individual companies in the organization to one source of platform for code repositories.
- Supporting the development team to provision the server and integrate with the system and CI/CD setup.
- Used tools like JIRA for Bug tracking/created tickets, generated reports on different bugs and tickets.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
- Worked closely with developers to pinpoint and provide early warnings of common build failures.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Web logic.
- Involved in Video management, video analytics, manipulation and distribution applications
- Developed scripts for deployment of customer environments into AWS using Bash, Python and created scripts which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Executed user administration and maintenance tasks including creating users and groups, reports and queries.
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server.
- Documented project's software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Provided periodic feedback of status and scheduling issues to the management.
- Kept track of all the releases and request of the developers through Infrastructure management tool.
- Used the continuous integration tool Anthill Pro to automate the daily processes.
- Created views and appropriate meta-data, performed merges, and executed builds on a pool of dedicated build machines.
Environment: Bitbucket, GIT, AWS, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, JIRA, Ruby, LINUX, XML, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Web logic, MY SQL, Node.js, Perl Scripts, Shell scripts.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
DevOps / Build and Release EngineerResponsibilities:
- Designed and Developed Jenkins Build deployments.
- Managed Nexus Maven repositories to download the artifacts during the build.
- Branching and merging code lines in the GIT and resolved all the conflicts raised during the merges.
- Used GIT as Version Control System for two applications. Managed development streams and integration streams.
- Designed and developed build Korn shell and Perl scripts.
- Experience in writing maven pom.xml and build.xml for build scripts.
- Used Maven Nexus Repository to upload the build artifacts after a successful build.
- Installed and administered tools like Jenkins, Jira, Confluence and Fisheye.
- Trained teams on using Confluence for the document and collaboration activities.
- Written Perl/Shell scripts for deployments to servers.
- Used Jmeter and Selenium for load testing and Front End performance testing.
- Used Behat for User Acceptance Testing for the Website
- Deployed the build artifacts into environments like QA, UAT & Production according to the build life cycle. Worked on Develops automated tools that produce repeatable, auditable software builds and deployments across all environments and a variety of platforms
- Provided the reports using Bean shell scripting in Anthill Pro.
- Written WLST scripts and integrated with Anthill Pro to automate the deployment activities to various environments.
Environment: GIT, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, JIRA, Ruby, LINUX, XML, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003/2008, MY SQL, Perl Scripts, Shell scripts.
Confidential, Franklin, NJ
Build and Release Engineer
- Maintained and administered GIT source code tool.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigatepotential risks associated with the releases.
- Installed subversion server on Redhat(Rhel) Linux boxes. Created subversion repositories, imported projects into newly created subversion repositories as per the standard directory layout.
- Created various branches for each purpose, Merged from development branch to release branch,created tags for releases.
- Interacted with client teams to understand client deployment requests.
- Used JIRA to track issues and Change Management.
- Integrated JIRA with SVN and created automated release Notes using Perl Scripts.
- Coordinate with the Development, Database Administration, QA, and IT Operations teams to ensure there are no resource conflicts.
- Used ticketing tools like JIRA/ Bug tracking / created tickets, generated reports on different bugs and tickets.
- Solved blocked and unassigned tickets.
- Worked closely with Project Managers to understand the code/configuration release scope and how to confirm a release was successful.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Provided end-user training for all Subversion (SVN) users to effectively use the tool.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Labelling activities in TFS once deployment is done.
- Created and maintained the Shell/Perl deployment scripts for po5 web application servers.
- In-depth understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk and understand varied customer deployments.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), Jenkins, ANT, MAVEN, Web Logic, SQL server 2005, TFS 2010, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, XML, UNIX.
Unix/Linux / Systems Administrator
- Installation, configuration and administration of (Rhel)Red Hat Linux servers and support for Servers.
- Installation, maintenance and regular upgrades of Red Hat Linux Servers using kick start based network installation
- Provided 24x7 System Administration support for Red Hat Linux 3.x, 4.xservers and resolved trouble tickets on shift rotation basis.
- Provide the support of building the server, patching, user administration tasks, deployment, software installation, performance tuning and troubleshooting and KVM.
- Managing Compaq and Linux workstations and servers.
- Installation of patches and other software packages
- Experience in designing, implementing and managing Linux environmentforIncident & Patch Management.
- Disk and File system management through Solstice Disk Suite on Solaris and other logical volume manager for other flavor of UNIX.
- Monitoring system performance, tune-up kernel parameter, adding /removing /administering hosts, users, disks on DNS / NIS domain.
- Configuration of Hardware and Software RAID on Digital & Sun Servers
- Installation of Oracle Patches, java applications and Troubleshooting, Creating and modifying application related objects, Creating Profiles, Users, Roles and maintaining system security.
- Administrative tasks such as System Startup/shutdown, Backup strategy, Printing, Documentation, User Management, Security, Network management, dumb terminals and devices carried out.
- Installation and configuration of Oracle 7.x/8.x.
- Implemented NFS, DNS and NIS under SUN systems.
- Worked on different VMware products like VMware workstation, GSX/VMware server, VMware player, and VMware Converter and ESX server 3.X
Environment: Red Hat Linux 2.6.x, SunFire, SunStorEdge L280, SunStorEdge A1000, A5000, JBODs Compaq servers, Solstice Disk Suite, Oracle 7.x/8.x,VMware