- Around 10 years of progressive experience in IT industry as experience in DEVOPS, Build & Release including requirement analysis, design, development, and testing and implementation of various applications.
- Experience in working on different Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, ECS, CFT, Lambda, IAM, Security Groups, VPC, Cloud Watch, SNS topic, RDS, Route 53, ELB) and Docker.
- Experienced in all phases of the software development life - cycle (SDLC) with specific focus on the build and release of quality software. Experienced in Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, Lean and most recently Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) practices.
- Creation of micro-services using Docker and AWS ECS. Creation of Docker file and building of Docker images by following 12-fact micro-service development.
- Followed Infrastructure As A Code (IAC) policy and develop cloud formation template for creation of infrastructure in AWS.
- Experience with Cloud Formation for creation of AWS resources and automate the configuration of EC2 instances with user data.
- Good understanding of AWS Elastic Block Storage (EBS), various volume types and utilization of different types of EBS volumes based on requirement.
- Experienced in all phases of the software development life-cycle (SDLC) with specific focus on the build and release of quality software. Experienced in Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, Lean and most recently Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) practices.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment using various tools like Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, and Puppet in an open source environment.
- Configured Ansible to manage AWS environments and automate the build process for core AMIs (Amazon Machine Image) used by all application deployments including Auto scaling, and Cloud formation scripts.
- Created and implemented chef cookbooks for deployment. And also used Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Process (RUP) framework and CMM levels. Good understanding of the processes in Software Development Life Cycle, Configuration Management plans, Project Management, Roles and Plans. Experienced in setting up baselines, branching, merging, taking back-ups and troubleshooting.
- Configuring ELK and Splunk for log aggregation from instances. Monitoring of applications using cloud watch, Zabbix.
- Creation of CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins 2.7. by configuring web hooks to GitHub and trigger the Jenkins job when developer pushes the code into GitHub.
- Creation of corn jobs for log purging and archiving in servers to make sure servers will get enough memory.
- Creation of security groups and IAM roles and update the required ports and resources respectively.
- Strong Experience in developing the application using frameworks like Spring frameworks, Struts, Java Server Faces (JSF).
- Developed and followed Canonical and BLUE-GREEN deployments as well for product deployments.
- PROD support and availability for 24*7 on-call support.
- Experience in developing web page quickly and effectively using jQuery, HTML5, CSS3, Responsive Web Design, Bootstrap and Wicket Framework.
- Experience in developing single-page application using Angular JS.
- Experience with Java 8, core Java SE, including Collections API, threads, generics, reflection, and JDBC.
- Used Spring MVC framework for the applying MVC Implementation to the web application.
- Experience on Spring Boot module for developing enterprise level micro services.
- Dockized the applications and managed the containers using AWS ECS
- Developed several REST web services supporting both XML and JSON to perform tasks. REST web services leveraged by both web and mobile applications.
- Experience on Shell scripting.
- Strong experience in deploying java applications in servers like JBoss, WebSphere 7.0/8.0, WebLogic, Apache Tomcat 7.0/6.0.
- Experience in using utilities like ANT, Maven, GIT, Log4j.
- Extensive experience in Software Configuration Management using Version Control tools such as GIT, SVN and responsible for various software version releases.
- Working experience on STS, Eclipse IDE, Net Beans.
- Experience in working in agile environment, followed Scrum methodology and worked on development process like Test Driven Development.
Languages: Java, C, C++
Cloud: Amazon Web Services - EC2, ECS, S3, Lambda, Cloud Watch, SNS, IAM, Cloud Formation, Security Groups, VPC, Subnets
Version Control Tools: GIT, SVN
Scripting Languages: Angular JS, Node JS, Shell scripting
Frameworks: Spring 3.x, JPA, Hibernate 4.x, Struts 2.0, Wicket, Junit 4.x, Mockito, Log4j
Web Services: SOAP, Restful Web Services
Databases: SQL, Oracle, PL/SQL, Mongo DB
Build Tools: Maven, Ant, Jenkins 1.0, Jenkins 2.x
Tools: Eclipse, Sonar, PMD, Find Bugs, Fortify
Operating Systems: XSL, XSLT, Apache POI, Soap UI, Postman,Windows XP/7, Unix, Linux.
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Develop and deploy of JAVA REST APIs via micro-services using DOCKER and AWS ECS and followed Application Test Driven Development(ATDD) created test plans and code coverage tests.
- Creation of CI/CD pipelines and simple Jenkins jobs for automation of prod deployments. Created automation scripts for CI/CD pipeline and as part of CI/CD pipeline for performing validation of applications after code deployed into respective newly created stacks.
- Based on defined Service Level Agreements and Service Level Objectives Auto-Scaling for the stack is defined (Min, Max and Desired are defined).
- Alert the Dev team based on CPU utilization and Memory consumption using Simple Notification Service(SNS).
- Configured ELK for logging and used cloud watch for infrastructure monitoring.
- Followed Agile team style work-patterns and worked on high priority JIRA tickets.
- Developed AWS Cloud Formation Templates for creation of AWS resources. Push all the templates into Github.
- By using Jenkins, pull the required cloud formation templates and create the infrastructure by using AWS cli.
- Automation of all AWS resource deployment and updates by creation of Jenkins jobs using AWS cli calls the respective resources cli to perform operations.
- For re-provision of EC2 instances in stack developed automation scripts for detaching EBS volumes from EC2 instance and attached to new-instances using AWS CLI.
- Used Ansible to automate the creation, management, and monitoring of Docker containers.
- Creation of Docker images by using java-alpine, debian-jessie, rhel-7 and all based on API and application requirements.
- Created Docker image of the application and used AWS ECS container management service.
- Use Sonar for code quality as part of CI/CD pipeline and Resolved Sonar issues of the application.
- Worked on Ansible to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages. Ansible to assist in building automation policies.
- Developed unit test cases using JUnit and Mockito and created ATDD as part of CI/CD pipelines and automation.
- Developed ATDD using Gherkin, Selenium and Java cucumber.
- Developed different Ansible playbooks as configuration management for AWS. Created dynamic inventory from cloud formation templates outputs and called respective playbooks against them.
- Involved in Design Document of the application by preparing MS Visio document.
- Identified necessary enterprise SOAP API which the application consumes.
- Worked on enhancement of the application used by multiple clients.
- Worked with Product Owner to create test data for all other clients consuming the service
- Designed the test plan by creating test accounts, and posting pending authorizations, balances using TDM tools.
- Designed and implemented performance improvement solution for long running processes using multi-threading approach and Message Queue.
- Improved the code coverage and the test coverage of the application.
- Tested application using SOAP UI, by importing necessary enterprise certificates.
- Deployed the application in ST, IT regions of WebLogic Server.
- Used Nexus as repository manager for maintaining different versions of application artifacts.
Confidential, SF, CA
- Involved in design and architecture of multiple applications. Performed security group and IAM roles design.
- Used GitHub for storing all Cloud Formation templates(CFT) for creation of AWS resources.
- Perform POC on AWS services for creation of VPC and network security along with ldap integration with OKTA for Single Sign On(SSO).
- As part of security all the data stored in EBS volumes are encrypted and updates the S3 bucket-policies on fly so that it shouldn’t be public.
- Developed different AWS lambda for monitoring of s3 bucket events and verify the bucket policy. Developed a lambda function to shutdown instances in dev env at every day 6PM and restart at morning 8pm. The job shutdowns ASG as well so that ASG won’t trigger another EC2 instances creation after shutdown by Lambda.
- Creation and build Jenkins jobs for pulling respective CFTs from GitHub and trigger CFTs for stack creation in different environments.
- Deployed Chef, Puppet Dashboard for configuration management to infrastructure.
- Provided different option (parameters) for the Jenkins jobs to developer for selecting required environments.
- Create and subscribe topics to SNS and get alerts from application for notifications.
- Creation of different Docker images and micro-services using Dockerfile. Clustering of docker containers using docker-compose.
- Automation of configuring agents like Zabbix for instance monitoring in AWS EC2 instances by passing required zabbix url to EC2 instances user-data.
- Used Jfrog Artifactory to store artifacts and integrate with Jenkins so after each dev build final artifacts will be stored in Artifactory.
- Followed agile daily scrum methodology by having 14-day sprint. Track-up the stories in JIRA board.
- Developed the application using Spring boot, JPA, and Hibernate. Developed the application using Spring and restful services by using the chassis enterprise framework.
- Created Docker image of the application and used AWS ECS container management service.
- Build the code and distribute environments through Jenkins and deploy integration server nodes in different environments and also resolved several deployment issues during post deployment smoke test.
- Continuous Integration process for builds, packaging, testing, and promoting artifacts and deployments.
- Design of Cloud architectures for customers looking to migrate or develop new PaaS, IaaS, or hybrid solutions utilizing Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Along with development worked on creation of CI/CD pipelines and effectively played shadow role as a DEVOPS engineer.
- Cloud bees Jenkins 2.7 is used as automation and deployment tool for APIs.
- Developed and deployed the application or APIs in different environments and develop test suites according to it.
- Deployed in DEV, QA or PRE-PROD, UAT and PROD environments.
- Elastic Search Logstash and Kibana(ELK) is used for logs aggregation from EC2 instances or on-prem servers.
- Troubleshot issues in different modules of the application. Automation in servers using shell scripts
- Worked on S3 bucket for storing application related documents, and templates to create the resources in AWS.
- Configured S3 bucket with versions, logging and bucket policy to manage users in Dev, QA and Prod
- Performed monitoring of the data in database and send SNS alerts to end-user.
- Used SOAPUI and Postman as API testing tool.
- Successfully designed and implemented systems based on N-tier distributed architecture using JAVA/J2EE technologies such as, Core Java, Multithreading, Collections Framework, Java I/O, JDBC, Hibernate, Spring Framework, Spring Batch, Struts Framework, JSP, JQuery and XML including XSL, XSLT and XML Beans.
- Created Jenkins jobs in jenkins2.0 and build pipeline for the application deployment in QA and Prod.
- Promoted the application into production environment and validated the production deployment on cloud by logging to server using putty and bastion host.
- Rehydrated the stack to latest AMI using Jenkins job in Dev, QA and Prod environments.
- Used Artifactory as repository manager.
- Building CI/CD pipelines using groovy script and declarative syntax.
- Worked with nexus for binary artifacts storage and calling those from servers or EC2 instances as part of configuration.
- PROD support and LEVEL 3 support.
Environment: Java 6&7, J2EE, Spring RESTful Services, Docker, AWS (EC2, S3, Lambda, ECS, SNS, Cloud Watch, IAM, VPC, Security groups), HTML, CSS, Jenkins2.0, Chef, JUnit, Angular JS, Jenkins, Erwin Data Model, Linux, Putty, Bastion host, Maven, SOAPUI, Postman, Artifactory, JIRA.
Confidential, Richmond VA
Build and Release Engineer
- Detailed analysis of the current code submission process (branching model, access control, etc.) in order to propose an optimal submission process when working in the new Git environment.
- Performed a detailed analysis of the current build tools (Jenkins) used in conjunction with CVS in order to recreate the build process in the new Git environment.
- Creation of simple Jenkins jobs as part of pushing artifacts and pulling the source code from repositories.
- Build the source code using Maven by installing maven plugin and respective plugins in Jenkins.
- Do source code quality and vulnerability as part of pipelines.
- Followed Kanban and 2 weeks sprints.
- Configure GitHub hooks to trigger Jenkins job whenever there is a change in source code repository.
- Selection of different nodes based on project like windows node or linux.
- Deep analysis of existing tools that are integrated/used with CVS (defect tracking (Bugzilla), Continuous Integration (Jenkins)), reviewing the feature set.
- Performed a detailed analysis of the capability of the current Git repositories and artifacts for potential improvement in features, capability, and cost efficiency.
- Setting up your CI schemes to automatically detect, test, and merge new branches. Control the order in which builds are executed and trigger releases by clean tests. While parallel tests are running, anyone on the team can see build results from the issue's details.
- Update GitHub repositories for triggering Jenkins jobs while developer pushes any code to the respective repositories.
- Build management through Jenkins and an internally developed tool for packaging, release and digital signature.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins along with Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Monitor the UAT/Production Environments for any down time issues by performing regular cron job updates in servers.
- Evolving new tools/methodologies to improve this existing process and show better results to all stakeholders.
- Designing and implementing fully automated server build, management, monitoring and deployment solutions spanning multiple platforms, tools and technologies including Jenkins Nodes/Agents, SSH, deployment in Agile methodology and testing.
- Support the code builds by integrating with Continuous Integration tool (Jenkins) Code Coverage-Installed SONAR on Jenkins server and configure with the build process for the code analysis process for better code quality and code metrics, and rapid feedback for development teams and managers.
- Jenkins build tool and an expertise in scripting build applications. Automated build schedule using Crontab.
- Performed a detailed analysis of the current deployment of CVS in order to migrate to Git and to propose sensible design of new Git repositories. This includes an analysis of the current directory layout and content to propose a new directory structure suitable to Git.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on machines.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT.
- Implemented the setup for master slave architecture to improve the performance of Jenkins and its availability.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into different environments like PROD, staging or Test.
- Creation and maintain git repositories and branch strategies.
Environment: Java 6&7, J2EE, Spring RESTful Services, Docker, AWS (EC2, S3, Lambda, ECS, SNS, Cloud Watch, IAM, VPC, Security groups), HTML, CSS, Jenkins2.0, JUnit, Angular JS, Jenkins, Erwin Data Model, Linux, Putty, Bastion host, Maven, SOAPUI, Postman, Artifactory, JIRA.
- Performed system administration of UNIX servers by using Operating Systems of Solaris 2.7/8 Managing SUN Solaris, Compaq and Linux workstations and servers.
- Installation of patches and other software packages Disk and File system management through Solstice Disk Suite on Solaris and other logical volume manager for another flavor of UNIX.
- Configuration of Hardware and Software RAID on Digital & Sun Servers.
- Installation of Oracle Patches and Troubleshooting, Creating and modifying application related objects, Creating Profiles, Users, Roles and maintaining system security.
- Configuration and maintenance of NIS, NFS, DHCP and DNS Servers on Solaris.
- Managing UNIX Infrastructure and EMC storage involving maintenance of the servers and troubleshooting problems in the environment.
- Installing operating systems Solaris, Linux and HP according to business requirements.
- Planning and implementing the configuration changes to the servers adhering with ITIL change management process.
- Trouble shooting the issues ranging from Solaris, Linux and SAN environments.
- Created and Maintained Solaris 10 zones/containers.
- Experience in creation and maintenance of ZFS file systems.
- Regularly applying patches both for SUN and Linux systems.
- Creating and maintenance of Virtual machines in VMware ESX.
- Installed Web Logic 8.1 with SP5 Server and configure domains, Admin and managed servers for Applications to be deployed.
- Configured, Installed LDAP Solaris and Linux server.
- Connecting to ESX server by using VIC, putty and Web access.
- Migrated central send mail server to Postfix and Installed and Migrated SAP from Linux to Sun servers.
- Involved in SAN migration project to migrate the data across the storage arrays.
- Disk Management Utility. Used daily for file system creation and file system management.
Environment:: Redhat Linux 4,5,6 Sun Solaris 8,9,10 Sun V440, V490 T5220 T5240 Sparc stations 20, Switches, VMware ESX, Oracle.
- Involved in design discussions and enhancement of the intent
- Coordinated with the product owner to maintain knowledge on all the requirements and enhancements of intent.
- Persisted the back-end data using JPA repository in Postgres
- Worked high-end on collections and multithreading.
- Used multithreading for writing the collector parser and distributor process, which was getting real-time data from zacks API in format of JSON, using multithreading improved the performance by a lot. More over using concurrency package of collections made it thread safe.
- Involved in development of Apache spark - Scala based application, used for consuming huge data and applied business transformation rules and persisted in database.
- Worked on JPA, hibernate to implement the back-end services.
- Developed the database model using Erwin Data modeler.
- Created Database Schema using PGAdmin based on the model created using Erwin.
- Developed unit test cases using JUnit and Mockito.
- Tested the restful resources using Postman and Soap UI tool.
- Developed ATDD test scenarios using java cucumber and gherkin
- On boarded enterprise API onto API-Gateway.
Environment: Java1.8, Spring, Spring boot, JPA, Hibernate, Restful Service, Apache Spark, Scala, JUnit, Jenkins, Postgres, Erwin Data Modeler, PGAdmin, Maven, Log4j, Sonar, Docker, Postman, Soap UI, Agile, Putty, JIRA