- Had 10 years of experience in Development, Systems Administration, including SCM, Build/Release Management and Change/Incident Management.
- Experienced in Configuration, Administration and Maintenance of source control management systems, such as Sub Version, Perforce, TFS, GIT and Clear Case.
- Hands on experience on Build, Deployment, usage of Continuous Integration tools, build configuration, change history for releases, Maintenance of build system, automation and maintaining source control management system.
- Experienced in Bug and Issue tracking tools Bugzilla, JIRA.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Extensively worked on Hudson, Jenkins, Team City and Bamboo for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Experience of working with the release and deployment in Java/J2EE, Android, iOS, C, C++ and ASP.net Web applications environment.
- Experienced in understanding of source control management concepts such as Branching, Merging, Labeling/Tagging and Integration.
- Knowledge on Application Lifecycle Management, Change Management, Release Management and ITIL process.
- Exposed to all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning,
- Developing, Testing, implementing and Post - production analysis of the projects.
- Experienced on deploying the code through web application servers such as Web Sphere, Web Logic, JBOSS, Apache Tomcat.
- Experienced in deploying Database Changes to Oracle, MS SQL Server and MY SQL databases.
- Experienced in trouble shooting and finding the Root cause analysis of the problems generated while building, deploying, testing and in production.
- Hands-on experience in creating and managing the various development and build platforms, and deployment strategies.
- Good understanding of Open shift platform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters.
- Production experience in large environments using configuration management tools Chef and Puppet.
- Had good knowledge on XLdeploy installation, configuration and application deployment using XLdeploy.
- Experienced in mobile builds including Android and ios platform.
- Designed and created multiple deployment strategies using Continuous Integration and Continuous Development Pipelines and configuration management tools with remote execution to ensure zero downtime and shortened deployment cycles via automated deployments.
- Managed environments DEV, SIT, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Experienced in writing Manifests, Modules using Industry Best Practices for both Deployment Automation and Infra Configuration Management.
- Have good knowledge on Vault tool on how to secures, stores, and tightly controls access to tokens, passwords, certificates, API keys, and other secrets in the organization.
- Have good knowledge on Consul tool for discovering and configuring services in infrastructure.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003/2008 R2/2012, Linux, Unix.
Versioning Tools: CVS, Subversion, Clear case, GIT, Stash.
SCM Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
Cloud Computing: AWS, Azure, OpenStack.
CI and Build Tools: Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo, Team City, ANT, MAVEN, Makefile, Gradle.
Monitoring Tools: CA wily introscope, App Dynamics.
Applications Servers: Apache Tomcat 5.5/6.x, WebLogic 8.0/9.0/9.1/9.2/10.3, WebSphere 5.0/6.0/6.1, JBoss 5.0, 4.0, OHS.
Incident/Change Management Tools: HPSM, BMC Remedy, Clarity.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Rally, Remedy and IBM Clear Quest.
Server Deployment Tools: MDT, Blade Logic.
VMware: VMware ESXi 4.0/5.0/5.5, Virtual center server 2.5, 4.0 and 5.0,VMware converter enterprise, VMware Update Manager, HA, DRS, vMotion and svMotion, p2v and v2v migrations.
Confidential,San leandro, CA
- Migrated applications from Ant Build script to Gradle.
- Migrated code from SVN version control to GitHub version control.
- Designed and implemented Git reporisitories and branching techniques for Migration projects.
- Experienced in Gitlab CI and Jenkins for CI and for End-to-End automation for all build and CD.
- Experienced in working with version control systems like GIT and used Source code management client tools like GitBash, GitHub, Git Lab.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing GIT.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day GIT support for different projects.
- Configured Jenkins jobs on different applications and it's components for timely builds and deployed artifacts to different environments by using uDeploy tool.
- Experienced in Production support, Troubleshooting and finding the root cause.
- Experienced with Monitoring and log analytics tools CA Wily introscope, App dynamics and Grafana.
- Monitoring and capacity analysis using Collectd, Graphite, Grafana, Monit, Nagios. Built relevant dashboards to monitor JVM & HTTP based applications. Understand the intricacies between monitoring VMs and physical hardware.
- Configured HPFortify with Anthillpro and Jenkins for code review/Security scans in multiple projects.
- Configured SonarQube static code analysis tool in different projects for analyze software code/code analysis reports/code that violated rule/duplicate lines.etc..
- Configured Nexus and jfrog artifactory repositories to store all the artifacts generated after the Jenkins build and are required to perform the Jenkins build.
- Supported .net applications and web services by deploying and troubleshooting in Production and Pre - production environment.
- Created websites in IIS, setup bindings and made configuration changes for applications.
- Experience setting up new environments or flatten/rebuild existing environments, hands on experience installing OS, configuring, preparing Application baseline, setting up IIS, deploying application and performing test to make sure site is up and running
- Requested and installed SSL certificates using Microsoft management console and IIS.
- Using HP ALM as the software development life cycle tool to supports Application in various phases.
- Automated the front-ends platform into highly scalable, consistent, repeatable infrastructure using high degree of automation using Chef, Vagrant, Jenkins, and cloud Formation.
- Setup up and maintenance of automated environment using Chef recipes & cookbooks within Azure environment.
- Involved in DevOps migration/automation processes for build and deploy systems.
- Deploy, configure, monitor, and diagnose Azure applications and services.
- Automate operations in Azure management by using automation.
- Plan, create, configure, manage, and monitor Azure virtual machines to optimize availability and reliability.
- Create and manage Azure AD tenants, manage users and groups, and configure application integration with Azure AD.
- Define securing, monitoring, auditing, high availability and disaster recovery strategy for Azure resource management.
- Trouble shoot and identify root cause for issues, and implement permanent corrective actions for incidents.
- Test applications before and after deployments to identify bugs, resolve deployment and configuration issues.
- Deployed OpenStack private cloud as part of datacenter collapse, which utilized OpenStack services such as glance, heat and nova compute.
- Perform Jenkins administration, updating plugins, setting up new projects and debugging build problems.
- Experienced in including Selenium automation testing tasks in Jenkins builds.
- Proficient in AWS services like VPC, EC2, S3, ELB, AutoScalingGroups(ASG), EBS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, CloudWatch, CloudFront, CloudTrail.
- Created snapshots to take backups of the volumes and also images to store launch configurations of the EC2 instances.
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, wrote Recipes, and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server and managed AWS for EC2/S3 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Developed unit and functional tests in Python and Ruby.
- Installing Red hat Linux using kick start and applying security polices for hardening the server based on the company policies.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Images (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Developed Shell/Python Scripts for automation purpose.
- Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
- Written Cloud formation templates and deployed AWS resources using it.
- Written scripts in Python to automate log rotation of multiple logs from web servers.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Configured AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) Groups and Users for improved login authentication.
- Conduct systems design, feasibility and cost studies and recommend cost-effective cloud solutions such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Worked on Atlassian tools like Bamboo, Jira, and confluence.
- Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GIT.
- Written Ansible playbooks to automate our build/deployment proces.
- Automation backup/restore container with Docker and Ansible.
- Deploy Apache/Tomcat application using Ansible.
- Used Ansible to assist in building automation policies.
- Experienced in using Ansible to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users, Mount Points, and Packages.
- Installation and configuration of Oracle HTTP server (OHS).
- Wrote Shell Scripting to check security setting of the server and to change the server settings.
- Experienced on Building an ELK stack for MySQL monitoring and provides real-time log analytics.
- Used Terraform to map more complex dependencies and identify network issue.
- Experience on Terraform a tool for building, changing, and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently.
- Worked with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation.
- Crated images stored in the Docker container and uploaded to Docker hub.
- Developed procedures to unify streamline and automate applications development and deployment procedures with Linux container technology using Docker swarm.
- Configured their Kubernetes cluster and supported it running on the top of the CoreOS
- Used Jenkins and pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes
- Have good experience on Splunk in the areas of how to search, analyze and visualize the machine-generated data gathered from the websites, applications, sensors, devices..etc.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker, on GCP. Utilized kubernetes and docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build,test deploy.
- Migrated a number of in house shell scripts that supported deployment and configuration of multiple applications to Udeploy (Urban code) to reduce the administrative overhead of QA and production releases.
- Experienced on Confluence to create meeting notes, project plans, product requirements and status reports.
- Experienced on Jira to create, priorities and tracking of the issues.
Environment: : RHEL 6.3, 6.4, RED HAT 7, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Python, Bash Scripting, VMWare, WebLogic, WebSphere, Docker, Shell Scripting, ANT, MAVEN, GIT, Python, Ruby, Oracle HTTP server.
- Managed SVN repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Resolved merging issues during build and release by conducting meetings with developers and managers.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and PuppetDB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Experienced in using JIRA as Bug Tracking Tool.
- Experienced in deployment of Fusion Middleware SOA applications like Oracle Policy Management, Oracle Service Bus and Business Process Management Composites.
- Planning and gathering the requirements for setting up TFS environments for environment based migration and up gradation.
- Installed Team Foundation Server 2012 and Upgraded TFS 2008 to TFS 2012.
- Installed and Configured MSBuild build Server, created build agents and Build Controllers.
- Supported and Administrated TFS for creating new user groups.
- Administered TFS and created TFS Backup schedules.
- Customized TFS Workitems and created different workitem queries.
- Installed Sharepoint Extension for TFS, Reporting Services.
- Configured TFS Sharepoint Services and Reporting Services, created Project portals for all existing Team Projects.
- Documenting the process followed for restoration based up gradation of TFS server.
- Configuring Microsoft SQL server with TFS server.
- Configure TFS environment such that SQL Reporting and SharePoint interact with each other.
- Setting security groups for SharePoint, SQL server and TFS server.
- Assisting users with new TFS environment.
- Creating and documenting branching strategies for new team projects in TFS 2012.
- Configuring check-in policies for team projects.
- Upgrading process templates and configuring new features of TFS 2012.
- Documenting the tasks that are helpful in working and maintenance of TFS servers.
- Creating Disaster Recovery plan for TFS servers.
- Implement highly available and disaster recovery solutions in Azure to meet the customer SLA requirements
- Configure the appropriate VMs, storage and network in Azure to support the customer workloads moving to Azure
- Develop and implement monitoring, backup and archival solutions in Azure to support customer requirements
- Implement CI/CD based application development methodology using tools like Jenkins/TFS/powershell etc
- Troubleshoot and identify performance, connectivity and other issues for the applications hosted in Azure platform.
- Experienced in Chef, Puppet, Ansible and OpenStack for Deployment on Multiple platforms.
- Experience in writing Python Scripts to support WebLogic Scripting tool (WLST).
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Deployed Informatica Work flows and parameter files to respective Environments UAT, IST and PROD.
- Experienced in various IaaS architectures including Redhat OpenStack, VMWare vCloud suite, Eucalyptus, and Cloud Stack, hypervisor technologies including Redhat KVM, VMWare vSphere and Microsoft HYPERV .
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub. Whenever a new git hub branch gets started, Jenkins, our Continuous Integration server, automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it.
- Setting up Code Coverage reports tool like SONAR and COBERTURA to help in managing the quality of source code.
- Provided support for Windows Server and IIS related issues to different applications and acted as a point of contact for any deployment related issue in Productions deployments
- Resolved tickets from Development team related to changes in web config and app config Troubleshooting all types of server and web site related issues in the IIS platform.
- Involved in writing and editing the existing ANT (Build.XML) files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Involved in the development of Bash shell scripts to automate repetitive tasks.
- Managing the artifacts generated by MAVEN in the Nexus repository.
- Implemented Maven builds for creating JAR’S, WAR’S and EAR’S.
- Used Hudson for Continuous Integration and deployment into WebLogic Application Server.
- Setup and managed EBS Volumes and EIP to EC2 Instances in AWS
- Designed AMI images of EC2 Instances by employing AWS CLI and GUI.
- Created and Managed User Accounts, Log Management, Shared Folders, Reporting, Group Policy Restrictions, etc. in AWS
- Created puppet modules for various tools in our infrastructure.
- Deployed centralized logging via rsyslog and Logstash with Kibana as the web frontend.
- Posting the Build on time and following it up the testing team on posted builds.
Environment: RHEL, WebLogic, Fusion Middleware Suite, Oracle Policy Modeling, Oracle Service Bus, Puppet, JIRA, Confluence, Fisheye, Windows Server 2005/2008, Subversion (SVN), ANT, Hudson, Maven, Sonar.
- Setting up the build and deployment automation for Java base project by using Hudson and Maven.
- Responsible for creating and deploying builds on various Web logic environments, testing in build environment and release to test team on scheduled time.
- Creating builds using power shell Scripts, ANT/Maven scripts manually and automated.
- Troubleshooting deployment and installation issues.
- Configured Subversion and Nexus for the new applications.
- Periodically run uDeploy to deploy latest artifact to DEV and QA.
- Deployed various J2EE and enterprise applications on managed servers and cluster environment and maintained Load Balancing, High Availability and Failover.
- Deployed the applications in different environments through Weblogic Server and maintained Load balancing, High Availability and Fail over functionality.
- Manual deployed application into DEV and QA using adminTool.
- Successfully implemented Hudson for the application,
- Sonar violation check.
- Release build and push in to nexus.
- Periodic execution job whenever SVN is updated.
- Push snapshot artifacts to uDeploy for DEV, QA and Production.
- Setup and configure Sonar with custom profile for code violation.
- Maintained necessary back-up of the important files and documented Linux scripts for future reference.
- Handling complete Build and Release process including code, documentation and supporting testing team along with the server Administration
- Work with QA to facilitate verification of releases. Running multiple builds at a time.
- Managing Daily Builds, Weekly Builds, Nightly Builds and Builds on fortnight basis.
- Managed and Administered Web logic 8 and 10.3 Environments.
- SVN administration like give access for branches and SVN repositories.
- Involved in code versioning, Check In, Check outs and code merging using various configuration tools like SVN, Changeman and Lbrarian.
- Creating SVN repositories and give access rights to the authorized developers.
- Assist clients for application code migrations (for lower and higher environments) and Environment related issues.
- Worked with a complex environment on Red Hat Linux and Windows Servers while ensuring that these systems adhere to organizational standards and policies.
- Monitored the servers and Linux scripts regularly and performed troubleshooting steps - Tested and installed the latest software on server for end-users.
- Ensure servers and environments are available for developments and testing validation is meeting the expectation.
- Responsible for managing and creating different environments for PI Line of Business.
- Make sure the configuration, version and systems are working fine.
- Assist Clients and teammates to understand issues and help/coordinate with multiple teams to resolve issues and make the environment stable.
- Configuration changes and new environment setup.
Environment: Hudson, SVN, Maven, Nexus, Linux, AWS, uDeploy, Python, Puppet. etc...
- Installation, configuration and administration of Windows 2008/2003/2000 servers.
- Manage Domain Controllers and Additional Domain Controllers.
- Implement Disaster Recovery in Windows 2003/2000 Domains.
- Involved in the VMware implementation and expansion work.
- Perform P2V, V2V hot and cold Migrations using VMware vCenter converter standalone..
- Upgrade VMware tools, Hardware and Windows OS patches.
- Create and manage resource pools for Virtual Machines.
- Monitor and manage performance of ESX servers and Virtual Machines using Virtual Center Server for HA, DRS.
- Creation of templates from VMs and deploying VMs from templates.
- Maintaining documentation and process for supported systems and applications.
- Installation and Management of ESX and ESXi hosts on HP servers.
- Updated HP Firmware and ProLiant Support Pack for Windows 2000/2003 servers.
- Configured HP Blades in HP C3000 enclosure.
- Assisted in migration to Exchange 2010, configuring a reliable, fault tolerant and secure environment.
- Experienced in Active Directory, GPOs, DNS, DHCP, File & Print Servers.
- Experienced with Virtualization technologies like Installing, Configuring, and Administering VMware ESX/ESXi.
- Expertise in building Unix, Microsoft Windows, 2008 R2, 2008, 2003, 2000 servers using MDT, Blade Logic. HP Smart Start, Array configurations, diagnosing server, Updating Firmware and PSP, Application Software under multi-platform environments, deployment & monitoring Servers.
- Handled Data Center as part of Remote Infrastructure Management
- Created Templates, deploying a virtual machine from template.
- Restore Windows servers according to DR policies during the Disaster Recovery Tests.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis for major failures.
- Perform P2V and V2V conversions as part of the separation process.
- Part of the Windows migration team in migrating Windows Server 2003 to Windows server 2008 R2.
- Maintain File servers, Application Servers and Print Server.
- Categorize servers in terms of complexity and effort required to complete the primary system access tasks.
- Planned and implemented high availability and disaster recovery on Data centers.
- Develop PowerShell scripts to generate reports for system administrators and management.
- Support VMware server infrastructure by handling VM issues requests like Guest operating system, Disk expansion, adding CPU, increasing VM Memory.
- Involved with storage team to migrate virtual environment from un-encrypted storage to an encrypted storage.
- Experienced with change control and service request ticketing system to accomplish day to day activities.
- Analyze and implement OS patches and hot fixes as well as other OS configurations and updates using System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Blade Logic Patch Management tool.
Environment: Windows 2003, 2008, VMware, ESX 5.x, Blade logic, MDT, Power Shell. HP ProLiant.