- A self - motivated career with 5 years of experience in IT industry with major focus on Amazon Web Services (AWS), DevOps, Linux System Administration using CloudFormation templates, Software Configuration and Build/Release Management using tools like Git, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, Chef, Docker etc.
- Designed, configured and managed public/private cloud infrastructures utilizing AWS including EC2, Auto-Scaling in launching EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancer (ELB), Elastic Beanstalk (EBS), S3, Glacier, Lambda, CloudFront, Dynamo DB, EMR, RDS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM, SNS, Route 53 and RedShift.
- Experience in building cloud infrastructure using CloudFormation templates.
- Experience using AWS CLI to create new instances and manage existing instances.
- Experience in version control using GIT, Bitbucket and continuous integration management using Jenkins.
- Experience using Maven and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts (jar, war and ear) from source code.
- Working knowledge on Nagios Monitoring tools.
- Experience in JIRA for Bug Tracking and Test Case Management.
- Extensive exposure to Configuration management policies and practices with regards to SDLC along with automation of scripting using bash, shell, python and PowerShell scripting.
- Proficiency in multiple databases like DynamoDB, MongoDB, NoSQL, MySQL, ORACLE and MS SQL Server.
OPERATING SYSTEM: Red Hat, Ubuntu, CentOS, Windows, MAC OSX
AUTOMATION AND CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT TOOLS: Jenkins, Chef, Docker and CloudFormation.
Amazon Web Services: EC2, S3, ELB, Auto Scaling, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, CloudFormation, Elastic Filesystem, RDS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route 53Cloud watch, Cloud trail, IAM, SNS, SQS
BUILD TOOLS: Maven, Ant
APPLICATION SERVERS: Apache Tomcat
VERSION CONTROL TOOLS: GIT, Bitbucket
DATABASE SYSTEM: MS SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle
WEB SERVERS: Apache HTTP, Nginx
VMWare, Windows Hyper: V, Virtual box
MONITORING TOOLS: Nagios, CloudWatch
Confidential, Indianapolis, IN
- Involved in the infrastructure creation using CloudFormation.
- Redirected http traffic to https using S3 static webhosting and SSL certificates with CloudFront.
- Worked on S3 buckets and made all default public buckets to private.
- Worked on MySQL ports and closed them which are being exposed to world.
- Deleted unused security groups from sandbox, non-prod and prod environments.
- Written python scripts to create tokens that are used in security token system in AWS.
- Done lambda jobs for inventory reports
- Created security token service (STS) tokens and stored them in elastic cache.
- Creating and maintaining SNS topics. Cleaning up EBS volumes.
- Done POC for API Gateway kinesis integration.
- Managing a production infrastructure on Amazon Web Services VPC utilizing AWS Code Deploy, S3, EC2, container Service, CloudFormation including Auto Scaling.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud watch.
- Developing and maintaining the build environment, the source code control system and managing build packages using GIT.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins in Docker container environment.
- Work on automatic and continuous inspection of code quality, integrating SonarQube with Jenkins.
- Installed and configured Nagios tool, for monitoring network services and host resources
- Wrote Bash, Shell and Python scripting to automate the regular tasks like removing core files, taking backups of important files, file transfers among servers.
- Used JIRA tool to track all the defects and changes related to build and Release Team in Agile environment.
- Administering and configuring NoSQL Databases like MongoDB, DynamoDB etc.
Environment: AWS EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, glacier, Lifecycle Management policies, Cloud Formation, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, RDS, IAM and Cloud Watch, GIT, Maven, Jenkins, SQL, Docker, Jira, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Bash Shell Script, Python, Apache Tomcat, MongoDB, OracleDB, DynamoDB.
- Developed a fully automated continuous integration system using GIT, GitHub and custom tools developed in Bash.
- Worked on building and developing Java code through Jenkins.
- Managed Chef Cookbooks to automate system operations and AWS Cloud management.
- Deploy and configure Chef Server and Chef Solo including bootstrapping of chef client nodes for provisioning.
- Worked with Build Automation, Deployment tools and Continuous Integration concepts by using tools like ANT, Maven, Jenkins.
- Create and setup automated nightly build environments for Java projects using Jenkins.
- Effective at managing enterprise puppet environments, maintaining test and production catalogues and writing reusable modules for use in configuration management.
- Monitored physical and virtual servers remotely using Nagios.
- Expertise includes Python scripting with focus on DevOps tools and CI/CD Architecture.
- Installed and configured the Apache Tomcat application servers for Dev and Integration Test Environments.
- Involved in sprints and planned releases with the team using JIRA.
Environment: Puppet, Nagios, Jenkins, Chef, MySQL, Oracle PL/SQL, Maven, GitUbuntu, ANT, Apache Tomcat, shell script, Bash, RedHat, CentOS.