- Overall with 6 Years of experience in IT industry comprising of AWS/ DevOps Engineer and as a Linux Systems Administration which includes Software Configuration Management (SCM), Build/Release Management, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery using different tools and Cloud technologies.
- Management in multiple environments like (Development/Testing/Staging /Production).
- Involved in creating the company's DevOps strategy in a mix environment of Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, RHEL) servers along with creating and implementing a cloud strategy based on Amazon Web Services(AWS).
- Created, tested and deployed an End to End CI/CD pipeline for various applications using Jenkins as the main Integration server for Dev, QA, Staging, UAT and Prod Environments.
- Worked on most of the AWS services EC2, IAM, S3, VPC, ELB, RDS, EBS, AMI, SNS, Cloud Watch, CloudFormation, Autoscaling, Cloud Front, Dynamo DB, Redshift and Route53 and also knowledge in Google Cloud Platform.
- Good experience in S3 buckets and writing policies for S3 buckets. Used Amazon Glacier for backup storage.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using, Software Configuration Management tools like GITHUB, Subversions (SVN) like GIT, and Team Foundation Server (TFS) on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on JAVA projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Experience in writing Ansible Playbooks roles to automate the infrastructure.
- Good hands - on experience with DevOps configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
- Worked on Docker Container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directory structures and managing containers.
- Experience in working with container based deployments using Docker, Docker images, Docker file, Docker Hub, Docker Compose and Docker registry (Jfrog and Artifactory).
- Good on Terraform tool for building, changing, and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently.
- Worked on kubernates(K8) by creating multiple containers and configuring into Pods.
- Successfully installed and configured NAGIOS monitoring system to monitor the production server environment.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching; Continuous Delivery is being enabled through Deployment into several environments of Test, QA, Stress and Production using Jenkins and Nexus.
- And also worked on Splunk and Cacti. Worked on creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images to the Docker repository for further use.
- Strong Experience to configure, modify, test & deploy application on Apache Tomcat, Jboss, Nginx.
- Experience in writing with Python, Ruby, Java and shell scripts for compilation and deployment process.
- Strong coding skills in Python and Java.
- Experience in System Administration on various platforms which includes Redhat Linux, Solaris, SUSE Linux, AIX, CentOS, Fedora, OEL, Windows environments.
- Experience in Installing, upgrading and configuring RedHat Linux 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, and 7.x using Kickstart Server and also installing Firmware upgrades, Kernel patches.
- Experience supporting 24x7 production computing environments. Experience providing on-call and weekend support.
- Ability to work independently as well as a team member. Experienced in Trouble shooting, Backup and Recovery.
Operating Systems: Linux(RedHat4.x,5.x,6.x),UNIX, WINDOWSNT/2000/2003/XP/VISTA/7, Solaris, Mac, Chrome
Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson, SubVersion, GIT, CVS, Bitbucket, ANT, Maven, MS Build, Gradle
Web/ Application Server: Tomcat Apache, Jboss, Nginx, IBM WebSphere, Confidential WebLogic
SDLC: Agile/Scrum Methodologies, Waterfall
Database Servers: My SQL, Mango DBA, Confidential 9i/10g/11g, No SQL Cassandra
Programming & Scripting Languages: C, C++, Java, Python, Shell Scripting, YAML, Ruby, Perl, and PowerShell, Groovy.
Configuration management: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Vagrant, Gradle, TFS, Terraform, Nexus
Cloud Computing: Amazon Web Services ( EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, AMI Cloud formation, Ops Works, etc.,)
Ticketing Tools: Jira, Service now, Remedy
Monitoring Tools: AWS Cloudwatch, Nagios, Zabbix, Splunk
Backup tools: Veritas NetBackup 4.5,5.0, Tivoli Storage Manager
AWS Devops Engineer
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Defining Release Process & Policy for projects early in SDLC. Imported and managed multiple corporate applications using GIT.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups .
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, VPC, Auto scaling groups.
- Responsible for Design of different Release Environments for new projects.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework tools.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Jfrog, Maven & Nexus in Linux Environment. Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plug-in to deploy into AWS
- Deployment and implementation of Chef for infrastructure as code initiative.
- Configured Ansible control machine and wrote playbooks with Ansible roles. Used file module in playbook to copy and remove files on EC2 instances.
- Created inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment and wrote playbooks using YAML scripting.
- Hands on experience on Terraform a tool for building, changing, and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently.
- Experience with container based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker-registries and Kubernetes. And also (Jfrog and Artifactory).
- Experience in Virtualization technologies like VMWare, Vagrant and worked with containerizing applications like Docker, Kubernetes.
- Kubernetes is being used to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers.
- AWS Cloud management and Chef automation. Experience in Infrastructure Development and Operations, involved in designing and deploying utilizing almost all the AWS stack like EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, LDAP, VPN, RDS, SES, ELB, Autoscaling, CloudFront, CloudFormation, Elastic beanstalk, CloudWatch, SNS, Route 53, LDAP, VPN.
- Writing Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also, re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Optimized volumes and EC2 instances. Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Migrated applications to the AWS cloud Environment.
- Work with different team members for automation of Release components.
- Resolved system issues and inconsistencies in coordination with quality assurance and engineering teams.
- Hands on experience on JIRA for creating bug tickets, storyboarding, pulling reports from dashboard. And configured Nagios for monitoring and log analysis.
Environment: GIT, Jenkins, Ansible, Maven, Docker, Terraform, JIRA, AWS, EC2, Websphere, Python, Kubernetes, Nagios.
B uild and Release engineer
- Experience working directly with multiple Development teams and enforcing build and deploy processes.
- Solid understanding of the SDLC and the build, release & deploy process including recent experience working as build manager in this enterprise environment.
- Monitored software, hardware, and/or middleware updates and utilized technologies like Jenkins, Ant and Subversion.
- Experience with the process of Jenkins Continuous Integration and CI/deployment automation tools like Bamboo.
- Mastery of source code management tools like GIT & Subversion/SVN, and strong experience with Branching and Merging in this environment.
- Experience with the process of deploying EAR, WAR, JAR files to application servers like Apache Tomcat & Web sphere. Used Jenkins, for Continuous Integration and deployment into different Web/ Application Servers.
- Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins.
- Developed build and deployment processes for Pre-production environments.
- Used GIT HUB as source code repositories.
- Managed GIT repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Worked with CM Tools like Terraform, Azure PowerShell to develop Azure solutions for hosting, provisioning workloads on Virtual Machines in both Windows, and Linux ecosystems.
- Monitored various resources in Azure using Azure Security Center, Log Analytics and set up alerts, notifications and rules to adhere to the consumption policies.
- Experience in Setting up the build and deployment automation for Terraform scripts using Jenkins.
- Created, tested and deployed an End to End CICD pipeline for various applications using Jenkins as the main Integration server for Dev, QA, Staging, UAT and Prod Environments.
- Responsible for the Plugin Management, User Management, Build/Deploy Pipeline Setup and End-End Job Setup of all the projects.
- Ability to work with SQL queries across multiple database and applications.
- JIRA is used as ticket tracking, change management and Agile/SCRUM tool. Strong experience with build automation tools ANT & Maven.
- Experience managing multiple Project Object Model (POM) files using Maven, in the multi-tier environment with parent and child POM dependencies.
- Deployed Compute, Storage, Analytics services in Azure using Azure CLI, Azure PowerShell
- Managed Users, User Groups, Subscriptions, Permissions, and Policies of the company's Azure ecosystem using Azure Active Directory Services (Azure AD P1).Deployed Puppet for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Worked closely with Development Team Leads and testing teams to establish a build schedule, executed the builds and troubleshoot build failures, if any.
- Experience with JUnit and code coverage tracking.
- Experience with WebSphere installation, configuration, administration and deployment
- Very good experience with Linux scripting, Python to automate the WebSphere administration tasks in a Linux environment
- Performed database deployment activities like execution of Database scripts Completing software builds and elevations, creating directories and security groups, and recreating prior versions.
- Created documents on build process and flow, user guide, and build script maintenance for developers for local builds.
- Extensively used JIRA ticketing tool to track and troubleshoot issues.
Environment: Subversion/GIT, ANT/MAVEN, Bamboo, Nexus, Web Sphere Application server, Shell script,Azure, JIRA and Python script.
- Responsible to solve technical Problems related System administration (Linux of Our Clients).
- Installation and configuring of SUN Solaries and Linux Servers.
- Involved in Building and configuring Solaris 8/9/10 using Jump start sever and Red Hat Linux Servers using KickStart server as required for the project.
- Implemented SUDO, SSH and other security tools and implemented SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) security compliance.
- Maintaining and Troubleshooting of FTP Server, Samba Server of the client
- Handling the day-to-day Operations, Install software, apply patches, manage file systems, monitoring performance and troubleshoot alerts.
- Monitoring CPU, memory, disk controllers, physical disk, HW and SW RAID, multipath, file systems, network using the tools NAGIOS and BMC Tools.
- Building & configuring Redhat Linux systems over the network, implementing automated tasks through crontab, resolving tickets according to the priority basis.
- Handling LVM related tasks, Creating, resizing LVM, Veritas Volume manager and also managing Cluster environment using Veritas Cluster suite.
- Installation and configuration Veritas NetBackup on Sun Severs and performing Backup using Veritas NetBackup.
- Expertise in Linux backup/restore with tar including disk partitioning and formatting.
- Regular disk management like adding / replacing hot swappable drives on existing servers/workstations, partitioning according to requirements, creating new file systems or growing existing hyu over the hard drives and managing file systems.
- Planned, scheduled and Implemented OS patches on both Solaris & Linux boxes as a part of proactive maintenance.
- Installing and configuring Redhat Linux locally or over the network-kick start- (nfs, ftp, http).
- Monitoring system performance, Server load and bandwidth issues.
- Work with DBAs on installation of DB, restoration and performance tuning.
Environment: Centos 5.x, Redhat Linux 5/6.x, Ubuntu 10.04/10.10/11.10, Fedora