- Highly experienced in implementing Jenkins, Docker, Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Deployed and configured Chef server including bootstrapping of Chef - Client nodes for provisioning and created roles, recipes, cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server , Managed On-site OS, Applications, Services, Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2 , S3 , Route53 and ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Excellent knowledge of Azure compute services, Azure Web apps, Data Factory & Blob Storage, Azure Networking, and Identity & Access Management, Azure AD, Multi-Factor Authentications.
- Experience in migrating on-premises applications to Azure. Configured VNETs and subnets as per the project requirement. Performed PowerShell scripting to do Patching, Imaging, and Deployments in Azure.
- Build and Continuous Integration with like Ant/Ivy, Maven, Jenkins/Hudson, Bamboo, Gradle, and Team city.
- Experienced in Trouble shooting and Backup and Recovery.
- Experience with Version Control Systems like GIT, CVS, SVN (Subversion), ACCUREV, Perforce, and IBM Rational Team Concert.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN and ANT as a Build Tool for the building of deployable artifacts (war & ear) from source code.
- Expert in deploying the code trough web application servers like WebSphere/WebLogic/Apache Tomcat/ JBOSS.
- Experience in using Build Automation scripting like MAVEN, ANT and MSBUILD as build tools for building of deployable artifacts (JAR, WAR & EAR and DLL & EXE) from source code.
- Experience using cloud providers and API’s for Amazon (AWS) EC2, S3, VPC, SNS, AMI with Cloud Sigma (EU) and GFS storage.
- Good understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ARP, TCP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, and TFTP)
- Experience in Installing Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
- Experienced in implementing and maintaining an Apache Tomcat /MySQL/PHP, LDAP, LAMP web service environment.
- Strong knowledge on source controller concepts like Branches, Merges and Tags.
- Worked with Engineers, QA and other teams to ensure automated test efforts are tightly integrated with the build system and in fixing the error while doing the deployment and building.
- Experience in using bug tracking systems like JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Centre and IBM Clear Quest
- Independent problem solving and a good team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Configured servers to host Team Foundation Server (TFS) instance, build controllers and build agents.
- Hands on experience in creating and upgrading Cassandra clusters, including backup and recovery planning.
- Experience in integrating Unit Tests and code Quality Analysis Tools like JUnit, SonarQube and Find bugs.
- Viewing the selected issues of web interface using SonarQube.
- Expertise in scripting for automation, and monitoring using Shell, PHP, Python & Perl scripts.
- Experience in using Jenkins and pipelines to drive all Microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, created Pods and managed using Kubernetes. Managed a PaaS for deployments using Docker, Kubernetes and Chef, Puppet which reduced considerably deployment risks.
- Extensively worked for setting up CI/CD pipelines for Microservices and integrated tools such as Maven, Bitbucket SonarQube, Nexus, Docker, for providing immediate feedback to DEV teams after code check.
- Experience in using Docker for wrapping up the final code and setting up development & testing environment using Docker Hub, Docker Swarm, and Docker container network.
- Worked to set up Jenkins service inside the docker swarm cluster to reduce the failover downtime to minutes and to automate the docker containers deployment without using configuration management tool.
- Expertise on building, configuring and troubleshooting in Red hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5/6/7, CentOS 5/6/7, Debian, Ubuntu, Solaris, Mac OSx.
Cloud Environment: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), OpenStack
Infrastructure as code: Terraform and Cloud Formation.
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat, CENTOS & SUSE), Ubuntu, Solaris, DEBIAN, HP-UX, Aix-Unix, Windows.
Scripting: Shell Scripting, Groovy, Python, Ruby, Perl and Power Shell.
Version Control Tools: GIT, GITHUB, TFS, Subversion (SVN), CVS and Bitbucket.
Build Tools: Maven, Gradle, Cobertura and Ant.
Containerization Tools: AWS ECS, Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos.
Virtualization Tools: VM Ware, Hyper V, Vagrant, VIO, WPARs
Application Servers: WebSphere Application Server, Apache Tomcat, Jboss, WebLogic, Nginx.
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins.
Networking Protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Cisco Routers/Switches, WAN, LAN, FTP/TFTP, SMTP.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, AWS Cloud Watch, Splunk, and ELK.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, and Red Mine.
Confidential - Chicago, IL
SR. AWS/DevOps Engineer
- Configured and deployed GIT repositories with branching, forks, tagging, merge requests and notifications.
- Automated weekly releases with Maven scripting for compiling Java Code, debugging and placing Builds into Maven Repository.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with Maven release plugins and managing artifacts in Maven internal repository.
- Implemented VMware ESX server to provide multiple virtual hardware platforms while keeping hardware costs and energy consumption down.
- Designed and setup CI/CD pipeline to deploy containerized applications in the cloud.
- Involved in installing Jenkins on Linux environment and implemented a Master and Slave configuration to run multiple build operations in parallel.
- Designed a Data Model as Cassandra to be a Data store with Spark integration for an application to support Real time analytics and correlation system to provide the ability to stitch multiple events and Data sources together in to service level view for a single subscriber.
- Deployed and monitored Microservices using pivotal cloud foundry, also managed domains and routes with the cloud foundry. Worked in using Dockers Swarm and deployed spring boot applications.
- Design an ELK system to monitor and search enterprise alerts. Installed, configured and managed the ELK Stack for Log management within EC2 / Elastic Load balancer for Elastic Search.
- Used SonarQube for continuous inspection of code quality and to perform automatic reviews of code to detect bugs. Managing AWS infrastructure and automation with CLI and API.
- Working on Inbound and Outbound services with automation of Chef.
- Utilize AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Deployed Apache Zookeeper, Kafka and Cassandra server's on AWS Cloud
- Working on Microservices for Continuous Delivery environment using Docker and Jenkins.
- Worked on Ansible for configuration management and infrastructure automation. Also created inventory in Ansible for automating continuous deployment and wrote playbooks using YAML scripting.
- Installed Docker using Docker Toolbox and worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life.
- Worked with messaging queues like Kafka, RabbitMQ and enterprise scheduling tools like Control-M and AUTOMIC (AROW)
- Developed a data pipeline using Kafka and Storm to store data into HDFS.
- Expertise on real-time data ingestion using Spark Streaming, Kafka and NIFI
- Experience in writing & managing Chef Scripts using Linux automated deployments using Chef.
- Built and managed a large deployment Ubuntu Linux instances system with Chef Automation.
- Used Chef to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Database, Commands, Users, Mount Points and Packages. Working on real-time data ingestion using Spark Streaming, Kafka and NIFI.
- Collaborated in the automation of AWS infrastructure via terraform, deployed micro services, including provisioning AWS environments using Ansible Playbooks.
- Setup AZURE Virtual Appliances (VMs) to meet security requirements as software-based appliance functions (firewall, WAN optimization and intrusion detections).
- Created Docker container images by tagging and pushing the images and worked on the infrastructure using Docker containerization.
- Used Hashi corp Packer to create Amazon Machine Images and automated the whole AMI creation process using Jenkins jobs.
- Configured VM's availability sets using AZURE portal to provide resiliency for IaaS based solution and scale sets using AZURE Resource Manager to manage network traffic.
- Supported AWS Cloud environment with 2000 plus AWS instances configured Elastic IP and Elastic storage deployed in multiple Availability Zones for high availability.
- Setup Log Analysis AWS Logs to Elastic Search and Kibana and Manage Searches, Dashboards, custom mapping and Automation of data.
- Working with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation.
- Created streams in the SpringXD for message de-queuing and also created collections in MongoDB and separate databases in the MongoDB instances to capture logging activity
- Configured the application to run on the datacenter using Terraform.
- Developed and deployed stacks using AWS Cloud Formation Templates (CFT) and AWS Terraform.
- Setup JFrog Artifactory on AWS, single copy of any binary is ever stored on this file system.
- Used Minikube to manage local deployments in Kubernetes, created local cluster and deployed application containers.
- Performed integration of Code Quality Analysis Techniques using SonarQube, Checkstyle and find bugs with CI tools.
- Creation of RDS database instances Postgres SQL in AWS cluster making use of EC2 and VPC and launched via Cloud Formation template.
- Implemented logging solutions with Elastic search, Logstash & Kibana.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud Watch, Nagios and New Relic.
- Used Nagios for application and hardware resource monitoring and wrote new plugins in Nagios to monitor resources.
- Used JIRA to track issues and Change Management. Also used Slack to communicate with teammates.
- Worked on setting up AWS-VPC, creating AWS EC2 and launching AWS EC2 instances on diverse types of private and public subnets based on the requirements of the applications.
- AWS expertise in dealing with AWS resources S3, ECR, AMI, ELB, Route 53, etc.
- Developed Python scripts to take backup of EBS volumes using AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch.
- Launched Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/Ubuntu) and configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
Environment: Ansible, Docker, ECS, Kubernetes, Apache, VPC, Nagios, NAT, LAMP, terraform, AWS (EC2, S3, ELB, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS, SNS, Route53, VPC, AutoScaling, CloudFormation), CI CD, SVN, GITHUB, JIRA, MAVEN, Jenkins.
Confidential - New York, NY
- Partner with architecture, cloud, server, middleware, and application teams to complete detailed technical design for Amazon Web Services implementation for the bank.
- Proficient in AWS services like VPC, EC2, S3, ELB, Auto Scaling Groups, EBS, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation, Route 53, CloudWatch, CloudFront, API Gateway and CloudTrail.
- Implemented Amazon Web Services solutions to support both production and non-production workloads for the bank.
- Developed and maintain automation and orchestration software and scripting to integrate with all underlying public and private cloud technologies.
- Created nightly builds with integration to code quality tools such as SonarQube.
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Implemented domain name service (DNS) through Infoblox to have highly available and scalable applications.
- Used security groups, network ACL's, internet gateways and route tables to ensure a secure zone for the organization in AWS public cloud.
- Promotion of builds to Jfrog Artifactory on AWS cloud and testing of the built Docker images
- Hands on experience on Site to site VPNs , Virtual Networks, Network Security Groups, Load balancers, Storage Accounts. Experience on IIS , IIS roles, SQL , Active directory.
- Created quality gates in SonarQube dashboard and enforced in the pipelines to fail the builds when conditions not met.
- Created NAT gateways and instances to allow communication from the private instances to the internet through bastion hosts.
- Defined all server types in Ansible, so that a newly built server could be up and ready for production within 30 minutes OS installation.
- Automated the process of building and deploying artifacts to Jfrog Artifactory.
- Experience in automating the image build and test process using the tools like Packer, Jenkins.
- Configured S3 buckets with various lifecycle policies to archive the infrequently accessed data to storage classes based on requirement.
- Design and implemented 17a4 compliance archival solution for the bank to store the electronic records in WORM format.
- Implemented fully automated server build, management, monitoring and deployment solutions spanning multiple platforms, tools and technologies.
- Designed, implemented and maintained Continuous Integration (Jenkins) and Delivery environments.
- Deployed and configured Git repositories with branching, tagging, and notifications.
- Developed custom Integrations with Splunk and Amazon web services.
- Experienced in integrating cloud services into DevOps framework (GitHub, Jenkins, Ansible, Splunk) which enables API request to provision and configure infrastructure through infrastructure as code capability.
- Maintained appropriate controls and documentation to ensure compliance of audit requirements and qualifications.
- Engaged vendor support (AWS) constantly for effective solutions according to business requirement.
- As a part of Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP), I was able to develop and implement server-based replication solution for the bank. AWS is used as a DR target for Zerto virtual replication.
- Experience in Designing Azure Resource Manager (ARM) Template and extensive experience in designing custom build steps using PowerShell.
- Experience working on Azure Cloud services, Azure storage, Azure CLI, Azure active directory and Azure Service Bus. Managing Client's Microsoft Azure-based PAAS and IAAS environment
- Got expertise in virtual firewalls, AWS DirectConnect, VPN tunnels, VPN, DNS load balancing and general understanding of the need for and use of multi-tier architectures, load balancers, caching, web servers, application servers, databases, and networking.
- Worked on Azure VPN-Point to Site, Virtual Networks, Azure Custom security, Endpoint Security, firewall, Windows Azure name resolution, Scheduler, Automation and Traffic Manager
- Involved in scrum meetings, product backlog and other scrum activities and artifacts in collaboration with the team.
Environment: Linux, Windows, Tomcat, JBoss, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, Splunk, Qualys, Qradar, SiteScope, Docker, Zerto, Packer, Glance, Inspec, GitHub, AWS, Azure, Version one, Vault, SonarQube.
Confidential - Phoenix, AZ
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines.
- Involved in Setup and Configuration of Puppet Configuration Management.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation
- Created and updated Puppet manifests and modules, files, and packages stored in the GIT repository.
- Experience in using Ansible for continuous deployment.
- Build/update Docker images for test Puppet and other applications, push it to the JFrog Artifactory
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules.
- Experience working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Puppet, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment.
- Using ANT, Perl Scripts with Ivy to build the application and deploy.
- Configured Apache webserver with WebSphere application server through proxy plug-in.
- Experience in designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Involved in Jira as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations, and plug-ins for Jira bug/issue tracker.
- Created Self Certified Digital Certificates (SSL) on BE WebLogic, App Server.
- Collection of JVM statistics, garbage collection data for monitoring the heap and physical memory.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in Open stack cloud, integrating it with Chef/Puppet. Adding vSphere to nova compute nodes and Manage and troubleshoot the Nova Compute and Controller Services.
- Monitored day to day system administrator’s activities which includes performance monitoring and tuning, disk space issues, send mail issues, Tools related issues, FTP, telnet & application-oriented issues.
- Experience in using weblogic, Admin, weblogic, Deployer and WebLogic server commands.
- Developed scripts for WebLogic application server administration.
- Remote monitoring supported through SSH or SSL encrypted tunnels using Nagios.
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity, and code conflict resolution.
- Migrated ANT projects into Maven projects and written maven pom files from the scratch for multi module projects.
- Involved in writing parent pom files to establish the code quality tools integration.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labelling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Developed WLST, ANT scripts, UNIX shell scripts to automate the deployment process.
Environment: Puppet, SVN, GIT, GitHub, Jenkins, AWS, Chef, Maven, ANT, Tomcat, Cloud computing, Jira, Shell/Perl Scripts, Python, Nagios.
Build and Release Engineer
- Migrated existing application from monolithic to Microservices architect. Build Spring Boot application and use Docker Swarm as container orchestration tool to manage service.
- Used Jenkins and pipelines which helped us drive all Microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes.
- Building and configuring of EC2 instance on AWS cloud platform, Configuration of Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) for traffic control for the EC2 and S3.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a container, managing containers, removing images and managing directory structures.
- Worked with developing Chef Recipes using Terraform scripts to perform deployments onto application servers like Tomcat and Nginx.
- Written Terraform templates, Chef Cookbooks, recipes and pushed them onto Chef Server for configuring EC2 Instances.
- Worked in Private Cloud and Hybrid cloud configurations, patterns, and practices in Windows AZURE and SQL AZURE and in AZURE web and database deployments.
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes, created local cluster and deployed application container.
- Implemented Nagios monitoring solutions for mission critical servers.
- Worked closely with development teams to integrate their projects into the production AWS environment and ensure their ongoing support.
- Created network architecture on AWS VPS, subnets, Internet Gateway, Route Table and NAT Setup.
- Designed high availability environment for application servers and database servers on EC2 by using ELB and Auto-Scaling. Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier. Designed hive tables as per the requirement and stored them in ORC format for efficiency
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Autoscaling groups.
Environment: Java/J2ee, Subversion, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, GIT, SVN, Chef, cloud watch, terraform, AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53), Python, Shell Scripting, Ruby, PUTTY, Confluence, SOA.
Linux/VMware System Admin
- Installed, Configured and maintained Red Hat Linux and Windows Servers.
- Storage setups, RAID, Logical Volume Manager, system backup design and disaster recovery Systems performance monitoring.
- Creation/Configuration of Additional swap/ tmp dynamically as and when required.
- NFS Management - Take care of user accounts/groups, setting up of NFS Environment.
- Solved the problems as & when created when NFS data being accessed.
- Configured auto mounts/maps for the user accounts.
- Administration/Configuration of Print Servers/Clients in the Network.
- Assigned local security policies on member servers and standalone servers using RDP.
- Managed and monitored Active Directory services and group policies.
- Assigned folder permissions to the users by gathering approval from the group owners.
- Worked closely with database administration staff to ensure optimal performance of the database and maintain development applications and databases.
- Assembled the systems and installing operating system and application software.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 3.x/4.x/5.x, Windows 2003/2008 R2, VMware ESX 4.0, VMware Update Manager, VERITAS Clusters, VERITAS Volume Manager, VMware, NFS, Software RAID, DNS Servers.