- Over 8+ years of development experience in Information Technology as an Android developer on Java - based applications, with a progressive and robust experience in Object-oriented technologies, experience in the full lifecycle of the software development process.
- Exposure to Software Development Life Cycle in different software development methodologies like Water Fall Model and various Agile Methodologies like Test Driven Development, SCRUM, and Pair Programming.
- Designed graphical user interfaces with services for mobile applications, Asynchronous Programming in Android (such as Thread pool, Tasks, and services). Implemented the monetization of apps, which has capabilities to do in-app purchases.
- Very Good understanding of Android UI guidelines.
- Hands-on experience with working on memory leaks, push notifications, multiple screen support, data offline usage, audio features, video features, graphic design, and animation.
- Proficient in object-oriented concepts and programming languages like Objective-C, Swift.
- Refactored Application by using Dagger, RXJava, and Retrofit Network library.
- Experience in Android UI toolkit (basic/picker/list views, adapters, dialogs, menus) and Layout Managers.
- Experience in web service protocols such as JSON, HTTP, XML and Hybrid-app using Phone Gap.
- Experienced to utilize communication between common data between apps over network requests using Retrofit and Volley.
- Knowledge to build apps with Xamarin Studio and Cordova.
- Using Kotlin for implementing new modules in the application.
- Have knowledge on Kotlin Android Extensions framework.
- Designed the Cross-Platform Application architecture by using Xamarin Forms and PCL components using Xamarin studio.
- Designed Interfaces and GUI with services for mobile applications, Asynchronous programming in Xamarin. Forms and Xamarin. Android.
- Implemented Several Android Applications using Google Maps API, Geocoder API.
- Experienced in Material Design including RecyclerView, CardView, SnackBar, FABs, Navigation Drawer, and Tool Bar.
- Experience in using Fragments, Activity workflow, Action Bar Navigation, Menu designs, custom views, and Loaders.
- Knowledge of building native iOS and Android applications using Android SDK, iOS SDK.
- Extensively used SQLite database for persistent storage of data in an application and created corresponding SQLite Helper classes to perform CRUD operations on the data in the database.
- Having experience in developing Push Notifications using Google Cloud Messaging service and GCM Client Framework.
- Experience in UNIX, LINUX, and UNIX Shell Scripting.
- Experience with SASS / React Native styles.
- Extensive experience in using JSON, XML, XSL, XSLT, SOAP, WSDL, HTML and DHTML.
- Proficient in core java techniques Multi-Threading, Thread lifecycle methods and multiple request handling using synchronization, Exceptional handling, Serialization, I/O Stream, Collections, RMI, JDBC and Java Beans.
- Worked on various IDE's like Eclipse, Android Studio, Intelij IDE.
- Experience in developing server-side code with good knowledge of enterprise and persistence design patterns like Singleton, Factory, Business Delegate, MVP and Service locator, DAO, DTO, MVVM, and MVC.
- Experience with Test Driven development JUnit, Mockito.
- Hands on experience in Continuous Integration using Jenkins and built an application using Maven and Gradle.
- Experience in Selenium and appium automation frameworks.
- Experience in CI/CD for development and Automation frameworks code base.
- Experience using project management tools such as Rally, Jira, Stash, and Confluence during project development.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skills. Ability to learn new technologies and methodologies quickly. Consistent team player with excellent communication skills.
Languages: Java 8, J2EE, SQL, C, C++, Python
Operating Systems: Windows (10/8.1), Ubuntu, Mac
Android OS: Android 2.x to Android 8.x ( clair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice cream sandwich, Jellybean, Kit Kat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat, Oreo).
Testing Frameworks: Application Unit Testing, Android Unit Testing, Robotium, UI Automator, Espresso, and Tsung-Erlang.
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL Server, Sybase, PostgreSQL, MongoDB.
IDE: Eclipse, IntelliJ, NetBeans, IBM Rational Application Developer (RAD)
OpenGL: ES, PhoneGap, Apache Cordova, layout design, fragments, multi-threading, NDK sensors, Beacons. OpenGL-ES, layout design, fragments, multi-threading, lifecycle, NDK sensors, multi-touch, profiling NFC, Beacons, Retrofit.
Data Access Objects, object: oriented design, Model View Controller Architecture and Front Controller.
Version controls: SVM, GitHub, RStudio, Spyder, Octave GUI, KNIME, Coggle.
Web Services: AWS.
Web Services: JBoss, WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat, Jetty, Apache
Frameworks: Spring (MVC, AOP, ORM, Web Service, DAO, Social, Security, etc.), Hibernate ORM 5.0.2, Bootstrap, Struts, Tiles, DWR (Direct Web Remoting)
Reporting Tools: Jasper Reports, BIRT, Crystal Reports.
Other Tools: Swing, Agile, RUP, Subversion, Jasper, Reports, JMock, Microsoft Visio.
Methodologies: SDLC, RUP, Agile (Scrum/Extreme Programming).
Design/Version Control: Rational Clear Case, CVS and Tortoise SVN and PVCS
Parsing Techniques: JSON Parsing and XML Parsing.
Confidential - Herndon, VA
- Worked in different phases of project life cycle like design, development, and testing of application for Android mobile devices.
- Involved in requirement gathering, UI design, and development
- Experience with React and React Native.
- Used Object Oriented Programming concepts to develop UI components that could be reused across the Web Application.
- Implemented web views, list views & populated lists from the database using simple adapters.
- Implemented Android content providers for implementing features like sending E-mails, SMS, etc., from the app and designed suitable GUI for these applications.
- Responsible for design of user interface using various custom layouts, buttons, dialog boxes, alert boxes and edit boxes.
- Designed downloading files and images by showing Progress Bar Activities and implemented Status Bar.
- Responsible for SERVICES, ASYNCtasks, and Alert Notification API to implement event reminder feature into the mobile app.
- The mobile application was developed with JAVA mixed with Kotlin using Android Studio and Web API with .NET Core 2 using Visual Studio.
- Strong experience with Android Framework APIs such as Google Maps, Camera, Resource Manager, Fragments, Location Manager, Notification Manager, Content Providers, Contact Manager, Telephony API and REST APIs.
- Experience in using dependency injector called Dagger to test the classes
- Experience in Android Integration framework tools like Espresso and Gradle.
- Development access restriction features using Authentication and Authorization tokens.
- Embedded Google Maps API, GPS Location Data into the app with zooming controls.
- Responsible for the Saved data in the SQLite database.
- Modified Android manifest XML file to include all user permissions such as GPS, SMS READ /SEND / RECEIVE.
- Worked on UI and backend Android framework related issues during OS up gradation on Android Studio.
- Experience in Android Networking Libraries like Volley and OKHttp.
- Experience in integrating the application with analytics to log User Sessions and Touch Gestures.
- Involved in development and enhancements of features to restrict the usage based on Authorization and Authentication tokens.
- Understanding system requirements, test case planning and execution, Functional testing, Integration Testing, Track issue records and reporting by using bug tracking tool.
- Experience with REST and SOAP web services.
- Worked on Continuous Integration and code version using GIT.
- Debugged application using ADB, Trace View, DDMS and Log Cat.
- Worked with JSON library to parse JSON files.
- Experience with authenticated sessions using OAuth and authentication tokens.
- Worked with business stakeholders, creative teams, offshore teams and technical teams at all levels of an organization.
- Created multiple Content Providers with a native approach to handling UI asynchronous updates.
- Managed development with a team of Android developers, back-end developers, and front-end designers.
- Coded in Java using Android Studio, on the app in MVP architecture to achieve a complete separation of concerns, better code reusability, and a higher percentage of unit tests.
- Used RXJava as a library for composing asynchronous and event-based programs by using observable sequences.
- Often used project libraries like Android Support Library, Dagger, Butter Knife, Event Bus, View Pager, Rx JAVA, ORM-LITE and another common library.
- Used GIT for project management and version control.
- Performed test cases for the smooth functioning of Immersion reading using both Gradle and ANT build System.
Environment: Android SDK 8.0, SQLite 3.6, Eclipse IDE 3.5, Android API's, JDK 1.8, XML, JSON, GPS, ADT Plug-in, CVS (version control), JNI, Logcat, DDMS console.
Confidential - New York, NY.
- Participated in the full lifecycle development process from product definition through design, development, test, release, and maintenance.
- Streaming using RTSP with the feature of the multi-audio track, subtitle, closed caption, live TV buffering, pause, seek, smart buffering and failover feature.
- Worked in using React JS components, Forms, Events, Keys, Router, Animations and Flux concept.
- Used Web services (SOAP and RESTful) for transmission of large blocks of XML/JSON.
- Used React-Autocomplete for creating google maps location search on the webpage Added Excel-Builder to download the Tabular data in Excel format using react .
- Used Excel Builder 3rd Party open source library and tweak it to make sure it will work with IE11.
- Used flickity.js for creating carousel-images
- Worked with EXO Player and responsible for integrating and testing video streaming and DRM content.
- Maintained states in the stores and dispatched the actions using redux.
- Used Object Oriented Programming concepts to develop UI components that could be reused across the Web Application.
- Local File playback supporting Multi-audio track, Subtitle, Seek, Trick mode.
- Worked on Fragments, Activity workflow, Action Bar Navigation, Menu designs, custom views, and Loaders (Image, AsyncTask, file).
- Worked on Location Manager API and Google Location Services to locate nearby agents with respect to the customer with the ability to navigate to the agent and call the agent location.
- Incorporated maps component using React Native to render geographic locations and allow users to find closest places based on Geo JSON data
- Creating various custom views for the application using Confidential Android components, database, services and various UI widgets types.
- Designing and developing the Web Tier using JSP, Servlets, HTML, Struts and tiles framework.
- Created a real-time web platform using jQuery Mobile, Flex, WCF Services and TSQL stored procedures.
- Added selectors and animation effects on UI/UX elements to enhance the User Experience.
- Worked on web views, list views, scroll View & populated lists, Recycler views, material design to display the lists using simple Adapters, base adapters and Recycler View Adapter
- Extensive use of Fragments to enhance user interface experience.
- Integrated Web services for consuming the REST services, getting JSON response and parsing them to get the required data.
- Worked directly with backend server teams providing many services including; Audio and Video streaming.
- Implemented a refresh floating action button on the map fragment, to refresh the map contents.
- Worked on Google Map API's to get Current location, longitude and latitude values and Timezone
- Fixed the bugs identified by the QA testing team
- Programmed and implemented NDK modules in C and C++ to access lower level Linux drivers to App level for implementing transmission protocols.
- Created a new XML layout with Android Map View to display the location Map and defined the layout that can be reused.
- Developed an app using theGoogle Play Services APIs like Web Services for directions and places in client applications.
- Tested the app on various versions of Android and different Android mobile devices to assure quality and performance.
- Using PhoneGap/Cordova to access device APIs such as camera and geolocation to deploy an Android app.
- Used third-party SDKs and libraries like Crittercism, Apptentive, Google Analytics, EventBus, Couchbase, Retrofit, and Picasso for tracking crashes and usage data, loading images, API calls.
- Working on the video streaming by using UDP protocol which can be viewed on an android tablet
- Familiar with Android NDK to create the native library files to be used by Services.
- Conducted product integration and testing (using JUnit) on various Android devices.
- Efficient and clean code integration and backup using Jenkins and GIT.
- Working in Agile methodology, daily status update, scrum meeting, retro, sprint planning.
Environment: Android SDK, Eclipse IDE, Google Maps, GPS, Wi-Fi, AML and SQL Databases, JIRA, DOORS, JUnit, GPS Services, TDD, PhoneGap/Cordova, Android NDK, UDP protocol, JSP, Servlets, HTML,XML layout.
Confidential - Malvern, PA.
- Worked on the development and debugging of Meeting application that involves the use of calendar API to fetch the calendar events, meetings, and webinars.
- Implemented the functionality of Meeting Status logic to give meeting alerts based on the various meeting categories (Overlap, Conflicting and back to back meetings) and implement custom fonts and color and layout rebranding according to the material design specifications.
- Implemented Mix Panel Analytics to analyze different user actions in the application based on different events and properties and created user profiles to store properties for a specific user.
- Responsible to Style, look and feel of the web page with SASS that extends CSS with dynamic behavior such as variable, mixing, operations and functions .
- Worked on React JS Virtual Dom and React views, rendering using components which contains additional components called custom HTML tags .
- Used Butter Knife Library for view injections and Dagger 2 for dependency Injections
- Used Android SDK and Eclipse IDE for development.
- Participated in complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for proper analysis, development, testing, deployment, and enhancement of the code.
- Involved in requirement gathering and designing of the application.
- Responsible for consuming the web services of a REST API using Retrofit, getting JSON response and parsing them to get the required information.
- Integrated location-based services using Google Maps API to display locations of the nearest stores.
- Implemented unique design for portrait and landscape mode.
- Implemented SQLite databases to monitor shipments.
- Implemented customized web view component to load an SWF file and HTML data.
- Handling XML data using efficient parsing techniques such as DOM parser.
- Work closely with the web application development team to ensure proper integration between mobile application and web application.
- Handling RESTful Networking: (Retrofit/OKHttp), RXJava
- Tested the application on various Android devices.
- Used Android content providers for implementing features like sending E-mails, SMS, etc., from the app and designed suitable GUI for these applications.
- Used services, Asynchronous tasks, and Alert Notification API to implement event reminder feature into the mobile app.
- Followed agile methodology for implementing the Application.
- Worked on debugging the application using Logcat, DDMS.
- Involved in developer testing by porting the app to multiple devices with various screen sizes.
- Enhanced search functionality by adding autofill and search history features.
- Test and error logging on different versions and devices of Android. Debugging them in the very first phase of development. Making app crash proof. And implemented an error reporting system for future development support.
- Experience in XML parsing on the client side using JSON implemented a DOM-based implementation of feed parser.
- Created a local database using SQLite to store and retrieve the data.
- Used shared preferences to store and retrieve persistent key-value pairs across user sessions.
- Used subversion for branching and merging new features without disrupting mainline development on trunk.
- Fixed the bugs identified by the QA testing team.
Environment: Android Studio 2.3, SQLite, Android SDK 24 (7.0), Android Auto, Android OEM, Activity, AppCompact, Broadcast Receiver, Notification, Multi-threading, Shared preferences, Fragments, Customized Views, OKHTTP3, Jackson 2.7.3, Eclipse ADT, Smart SVN, Postman, Site Catalyst, JUnit, Espresso.
- Involved in the requirements Analysis meetings and understand the requirements for the modules for development.
- Followed agile methodology and participated in daily SCRUM meetings.
- Developed Use Cases, Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Data Models using Microsoft Visio.
- Designed and developed very complex and large web pages using AngularJS, HTML 5 and CSS.
- Working knowledge of how to use Web Services and integrate Angular JS, Node JS components with server-side components.
- Developed single page applications (SPA), components using Angular JS directives, controllers, view and routing, service modules.
- Worked with Java Multithreaded programming to develop multithreaded modules and applications.
- Implemented navigation using Spring MVC controllers, configured controllers using Spring MVC annotations and configuration files.
- Designed and Developed End to End customer self-service module using annotation-based Spring MVC, Hibernate, Java Beans, andjQuery.
- Used Spring boot and security module to implement login and authentication feature.
- Used Hibernate Cache for the query to improve the application performance.
- Provided connections using Spring JDBC to the database and developed SQL queries to manipulate the data.
- Created REST based web services using JAX-RS library.
- Customized RESTfulWeb Service using Spring RESTful API, sending JSON format data packets between front-end and middle-tier controller.
- Used Spring DAO concept to interact with the database (DB2) using JDBC template.
- Wrote SQL queries, PL/SQL to interact with DBMS
- Worked with XML and JSON contents.
- Used Row Mapper interface for mapping rows with the instance of a class.
- Utilized Spring annotations and XML configuration for Dependency Injection
- Strong code defect identification and resolution strategies
- Involved in Analysis, Design, development, testing, and Maintenance using UML.
- Worked on Database Stored Procedures and Functions, views and Synonyms.
- Used GIT controls to track and maintain the different version of the project.
- Used Log4j to print the logging, debugging, warning, info on the server console.
- Used Jenkins as a primary tool for implementing the CI/CD during code releases.
- Conducted regression testing for all the previous updates which was done in the previous release.
- Used JUnit for testing.
- Used Eclipse as IDE tool to develop the application and JIRA for bug and issue tracking.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Involved in Analysis, design and coding on Java and J2EE Environment.
- Implemented struts MVC framework.
- Designed, developed and implemented the business logic required for Security presentation controller.
- Set up the deployment environment on Web Logic Developed system preferences UI screens using JSP and HTML.
- Developed UI screens using Swing components like JLabel, JTable, JScrollPane, JButtons, JTextFields, etc.
- Used JDBC to connect to Oracle database and get the results that are required.
- Designed asynchronous messaging using Java Message Service (JMS).
- Consumed web services through SOAP protocol.
- Developed web Components using JSP, Servlets and Server-side components using EJB under J2EE Environment.
- Designing JSP using Java Beans.
- Implemented Struts framework 2.0 (Action and Controller classes) for dispatching request to appropriate class
- Designed table structure and coded scripts to create tables, indexes, views, sequence, synonyms and database triggers.
- Involved in writing Database procedures, Triggers, PL/SQL statements for data retrieving.
- Developed using Web 2.0 to interact with other users and changing the contents of websites.
- Implemented AOP and IOC concept using UI Spring 2.0 Framework.
- Developed using Transaction Management API of Spring 2.0 and coordinates transactions for Java objects
- Generated WSDL files using AXIS2 tool.
- Developed using CVS as a version controlling tool for managing the module developments.
- Configured and Tested Application on the IBM Web Sphere App. Server
- Used Hibernate ORM tools which automate the mapping between SQL databases and objects in Java.
- Developed using XML XPDL, BPEL and XML parsers like DOM, SAX.
- Developed using XSLT to convert XML documents into XHTML and PDF documents.
- Written JUnit test cases for Business Objects, and prepared code documentation for future reference and upgrades.
- Deployed applications using WebSphere Application Server and Used IDE RAD (Rational Application Developer).
Environment: Java, J2EE, JSP, Servlets, MVC, Hibernate, Spring 3.0, Web Services, Maven 3.2.x, Eclipse, SOAP, WSDL, Eclipse,jQuery, Java Script, Swings, Oracle, REST API, PL/SQL, Oracle 11g, UNIX.
Confidential, Fort Collins, CO
- Designed & developed the application using Spring Framework
- Developed class diagrams, sequence and use case diagrams using UML Rational Rose.
- Designed the application with reusable J2EE design patterns
- Designed DAO objects for accessing RDBMS
- Developed web pages using JSP, HTML, DHTML and JSTL
- Involved in developing JSP forms.
- Designed and developed web pages using HTML and JSP.
- Designed various applets using JBuilder.
- Designed and developed Servlets to communicate between presentation and business layer.
- Used EJB as a middleware in developing a three-tier distributed application.
- Developed Session Beans and Entity beans for business and data process.
- Used JMS in the project for sending and receiving the messages in the queue.
- Developed the Servlets for processing the data on the server.
- Developed views and controllers for client and manager modules using Spring MVC and Spring Core.
- Used Spring Security for securing the web tier Access.
- Business logic is implemented using Hibernate.
- Developed and modified database objects as per the requirements.
- Involved in Unit integration, bug fixing, acceptance testing with test cases, Code reviews.
- Interaction with customers and identified System Requirements and developed Software Requirement Specifications.
- Implemented Java design patterns wherever required.
- Involved in development, maintenance, implementation and support of the System.
- Involved in initial project setup and guidelines.
- Implemented Multi-threading concepts.
- Developed test cases for Unit testing using JUnit and performed integration and system testing
- Closely worked and supported the creation of database schema objects (tables, stored procedures, and triggers) using Oracle SQL/PLSQL.