- 9 years of experience in DevOps strategy in various environments of Linux and Windows servers along with espousing cloud strategies based on AWS.
- Designed and created multiple deployment strategies using CI/CD Pipelines using Jenkins.
- Experience in implementing and monitoring High Availability environment using Veritas Cluster Server, Sun Cluster, Redhat Cluster, HP Service Guard, HP Insight Manager, Smart Start and HACMP.
- Configured and used Jumpstart, Kickstart, Ignite and NIM to install OS.
- Generated Docker files to build docker images and leveraged docker containers in Kubernetes.
- Created and maintained Docker environments for web application infrastructure.
- Experience in OpenStack cloud, integrating it with Puppet.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Hudson, Bamboo and Sonatype Nexus.
- Experience in Setuping trust between on premise and cloud server using ACS and ADFS in Azure .
- Experience with Build Management tools Ant and Maven for writing build.xmls and pom.xmls respectively.
- Strong Experience in LINUX/UNIX Administration, Shell Scripting with expertise in Red - hat Linux 4/56, Solaris 8/9/10, VMware ESXi 4.5/5.5, WebLogic and WebSphere.
- Expertise in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), CVS and on UNIX and Windows environment.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Excellent understanding of source-code management principles and systems, particularly GIT.In-depth knowledge of computer applications and scripting like Shell, Python & Perl.
- Excellent knowledge of Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon Elastic Load Balancing and other services of the AWS family.
- Hands-on experience creating and managing the various development and build platforms, and deployment strategies.
- Configured and administered Jenkins for automated builds Responsible for installing Jenkins master and slave nodes.
- Expertise in automating builds and deployment process using Bash, Python and Shell scripts.
- Rapid provisioning and configuration management for Ubuntu using Chef on AWS platform.
- Installed and Configured Chef Server, Workstation, Client servers and nodes, written several recipes, cookbooks in Chef to automate the environment provisioning, Middleware Infrastructure Installations
- Experience in Designing, Installing and Implementing Ansible configuration management system and in writing playbooks for Ansible and deploying applications
- Designed Puppet Modules to manage configurations and automate installation process and developed automation scripting in Python using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Familiar with designing and deploying container-based production clusters using Docker.
- Experienced with Docker container service. Creating Docker files, Docker Images & Containers
- Experience with container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker hub and Docker registries, installation and configuring Kubernetes and clustering them.
- Implemented Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple names spaced versions.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins, Docker for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployment.
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) like Agile, Waterfall Methodologies
Operating System: Windows 98/XP/NT/ 2000/2003/2008, UNIX, LINUX, Mac OS
Database: Oracle 9i/10g, SQL SERVER, MySQL, DB2
Versioning Tools: CVS, Subversion, Clear case, GIT
CI/CD Tools: Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo, Chef, Puppet
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Makefile, Terraform,TFS, Splunk
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Rally, Remedy and IBM Clear Quest.
Infrastructure: Amazon Web Services, EC2
Scripting: Shell scripting, Python, Perl scripting
Web Technologies: HTML, Java Script, XML, Servlets, JDBC, JSP
Web/App servers: Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS
Confidential, Houston, TX.
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Responsible for carrying out CI/CD process by creating Build & Deployment pipelines.
- Headed release activities which includes release planning and tasks estimates with release management team and scrum team.
- Handed incident management tasks by driving sev1/sev2 outages and provided root cause analysis.
- Installed and configured Rundeck tool for scheduling jobs and housekeeping activities on Linux server.
- Created runbooks and process flow documents for integrated applications.
- Carried out server migrations to different data centers.
- Salesforce change set deployments and SFDC administration tasks.
- Worked on all major releases and emergency production releases.
- Defined branching strategies and responsible for maintaining source control in SVN and GIT repositories.
- Informatica administration activities.
- Linux server setup for different environments.
- Lead all Environment refresh activities. Created project plans along with detailed description about the tasks.
- Configured Database connections strings in application configuration files.
- DBA activities like verifying all DB instances are active, monitor disk usage, inspect DB error logs etc.
- Knowledge on containerization technology and installed docker images as part of environment set-up.
- Built images from dockerfiles to set up uniform environment across.
- Written Ansible playbooks for infrastructure and configuration management.
- Handled onshore/offshore teams from lead prospective.
- Provided daily status reports to client and participated in stand-up meetings.Used Artifactory repository tool for maintaining the Java based release code packages.
- Strictly enforced ITIL process while pushing builds and deployments to prod and pre-prod environments.
- Used o write an install script in Ruby using all of the extra helper functions from Chef.
- Configured the user’s accounts for Continuous Integration - Jenkins, Nexus and Sonar.
- Involved in using Terraform migrate legacy and monolithic systems to Amazon Web Services.
- Provided high availability for IaaS VMs and PaaS role instances for access from other services in the VNet with Azure Internal Load Balancer.
- Creation and Maintenance of MS Azure Cloud Infrastructure and Virtual Network between MS Azure Cloud and On-premise network for backend communication.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the wrapper to manage the configuration of AWS nodes and test playbooks on AWS instance using Python. Ran Ansible scripts to provision Dev Servers.
- Utilized Jira for Bug Tracking, Nagios & Graphite for System monitoring, Cloud Watch and Cloud Trial for monitoring the cloud environment.
ENVIRONMENT : Puppet, OpenStack, Ant, Maven, TFS, Splunk Subversion, Docker, UNIX, SVN, Bamboo, Nexus Pro, Sonar, Jira, Remedy, Python, Ruby, Shell Scripts, Tomcat, Jenkins.
Confidential, Chandler, AZ.
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Led DevOps team for CI/CD and provided high application availability to the client.
- Responsible for creating and carrying out Build & Deployment tasks.
- Responsible for various automations through UNIX shell scripting.
- Worked very closely with change management team and involved in release planning.
- Disaster recovery (DR) setup, setting rsync rules, configuration and management.
- SVN admin activities like Branch creation, Branch locking, Code Merging, Tagging.
- Responsible for Environment setup, JDBC configurations, data source configurations.
- Configuration of JDBC connection pools and Data sources.
- Upgraded VMWare tcserver from 2.6.4 to 2.9.3 version.
- Installed and managed monitoring tools like VMWare Hyperic, Actuate for reporting, Alfresco Content Management tool.
- SVN check-ins/check-outs and server configuration changes.
- Worked with Data Center Ops team for new environment build out activities.
- Installed SPLUNK for monitoring the problems in system.Created and deployed builds to different environments based on requests.
- .Chef to aid with our deployment process, and migrating in house systems to Amazon Cloud Services.
- Converted and automated builds using Maven and Ant. Scheduled automated nightly builds using Jenkins.
- Microsoft Windows Azure queues, storage, database, C# 4.5, jQuery: Product owner for internal 10th Magnitude application development framework.
- Helped developers and other project teams to set views and environments.
- Created and applied Baselines and Labels for each Build Artifacts.
- Created UCM Projects, Development and Integration views for Development and Integration Streams.
- Using Chef and AWS allowed me to reduce costs for the department and eliminate unwarranted resources. Automated provisioning of cloud infrastructure with Chef.
- Maintained configuration files for each application for the purpose of build and install on different environments.
- Used Puppet for Continuous Delivery. Managed CI and CD process and delivered all application in rpms.
- Created the build instructions docs and install (deploy) instructions docs for each application for different environments.
Environment: Chef, AWS (Amazon Web Services) Ant, Maven, TFS, Splunk, Subversion, SVN, GIT, Python, Ruby, Nexus, Sonar, Jenkins, PERL, BASH, Solaris, UNIX.
Confidential, Memphis, TN
- Designing and implementing for fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment By Using DevOps Technologies like Chef.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT, Stash Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- DevOps for load balanced environments & Multi-regional server environments (AWS Regional nodes managed via Chef Roles and Ohai Attributes).
- Architected and streamlined the build and deployment process which avoided post deployment issues.
- Deployed Maps and all integrated applications using internal proprietary tools.
- Baselining the Linux environments for different releases and repurpose.
- Provisioning Linux servers with different flavor of OS.
- Setting up environments for application and Database servers using docker images.
- Maintained in-premises and on AWS cloud servers.
- Maintained source control using github and performed various pull requests in github.
- Troubleshooted and performed root cause analysis for issues.
- Created and maintained documentation of the build/release process in confluence.
- Replaced existing manual deployment and management processes with Chef and AWS OpsWorks stacks across 4 product platforms.
- Performed merges for each build from Development Branch to Integration Branch.
- Created the Release Management plan with the implementation schedule.
- Conducted Sanity Testing to verify for the right build is deployed.
- 24/7 on call support for emergency site maintenance and immediate build and install requests.
- Worked with the automated scripts for the Build and Deployment of the applications.
- Responsible for Build and Install Schedules using Unix Cron jobs.
Environment: Docker, Chef, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Splunk GIT, Subversion, WebSphere Application Server (WAS), Apache, PERL, BASH, UNIX, Python.
Confidential, Louisville, KY
- Installation and Configuration of Redhat, CentOS, Solaris, SUSE SLES 10,11 servers.
- Installation, configuration, support and security implementation on following services: DHCP, SSH, SCP.
- Working with Blade logic environment.
- Generating keys of SUDO and copying to remote servers
- I wrote the ansible playbooks which is the entry point for Ansible provisioning, where the automation is defined through tasks using YAML format. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Installation/administration of AIX, Linux and NT/2000 Servers on a LAN, setting up optimal RAID levels (fault tolerance) for protected data storage in NAS environments.
- Extensively managed Active Directory like all the problems related to user accounts, domain accounts, managing permissions etc.
- Involved in operational support of Active Directory, WINS, DNS, and AD enabled applications.
- Installing and updating the windows patches. Creating NTFS shares on Windows Servers and provide permissions to users.
- Setting up perfmon windows servers to analyze performance issues. Built and manage Virtual servers on VMwareESXServer3.0/3.5.
- Experience in creating Clusters in Virtual Center and adding ESX Hosts to Virtual Center Cluster.
- Worked on Migrating Virtual Machines with VMotion.
- Experience in configuring VMware DRS Rules and VMware HA on Clusters in Virtual Center.
- Experience in creating and monitoring Resource Pool for Virtual Machines Resource Reservation and Limits.
- Involved in daily Performance monitoring and Active Directory troubleshooting with the ability to analyze server performance and make recommendations for improvement.
Environment: Red Hat, CentOS, VMware Virtual Client, AIX, Windows Server, XP, 07, 08, DNS, NFS, SMTP, Veritas File System (VxFS),
Build and Release Engineer
- Implement, maintain and support reliable, timely and reproducible builds for project teams.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, Python and shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant’s build.xml.
- Worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven.
- I Developed HTML parser and the build the DOM tree with that.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Researched and implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins with Maven/Hudson.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects.
- Configured and maintained Hudson to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Work with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
Environment: Ant, Java/J2EE, Maven, Hudson, Linux, Solaris, Python, WebSphere, Shell scripting, Nexus.